Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks (12277 Views)

Soludo Flags-Off Road Constructions In Okpoko & Mmiata-Anam, Nzam Road / Soludo Flags Off The Construction Of Mmiata-Anam-Nzam Road / Cow Meat: Femi Fani-Kayode Dragged On Twitter Over Herdsmen Sex With Cow Ritual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by onumadu: 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
Alleged incessant Fulani herdsmen attack is said to have made residents of Mmiata community in Anambra West Local Government Area of Anambra State to flee their Ebenebe farm settlement and homes.

The residents said the development had compelled some of them to desert the community in droves.

Speaking to newsmen on Thursday in Onitsha, a youth leader from the area, Obinna Chigbata, said the attack began early in the year when the herdsmen insisted on grazing in their farmlamd despite series of peaceful meetings held between the community and the herders.

He said: “I’m a youth leader and sponsor of all the peaceful meetings between my people and the Fulani herdsmen. The crisis escalated when some elders of the community tried to use civil means to stop the Fulani herdsmen from destroying our crops and farmlands.

“Unfortunately the peaceful settlement did not work as they attacked us one day and my father, late Chigbata Nwadiaogbu, was among those they killed in a meeting held to find a lasting solution to the problem.”

Chigbata, however, regretted that security personnel were yet to intervene in the mele despite pre-informing them of destruction to farmlands, kidnapping, maiming, raping of our women and daughters.

“As I am talking to you now my life, as the financier/sponsor of the meeting for peaceful settlement of the crisis and others is in great danger because they are looking for us to kill.

“There was a time I was in a friend’s car and as we were driving we did not know that they laid ambush and they fired at us, killing my friend who was driving the car on the spot, may be they thought I was the one driving.

“Since we have become targets of the herdsmen for opposing grazing in our farmlands we have no alternative than to desert the community because the attack has even increased resulting in our people running away from their ancestorial home.

“Some have even suggested we employ the services of Eastern Security Network (ESN) of the IPOB, since the government security operatives are of no assistance to us as they have left us to die in the hands of the Fulani herdsmen with their bought over government security operatives,” he fumed.

When contacted, Police spokesperson, Tochukwu said the Command was yet to receive the information.

“The Command has not received such complaint. I will find out and get back to you,” he said.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/anambra-community-sends-sos-to-govt-herdsmen-attack/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by onumadu: 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
Firstly, if I'm not mistaken, Mmiata is in Anambra West LGA, but how come the story switches to Ebenebe in Awka North LGA?
They are not the same.

Anyway, it seems that these herdsmen are attacking food supply in targeted areas. Anambra West is the food basket of Anambra state.
Why attack a FARM SETTLEMENT?

This thing is a pregnancy that can no longer be covered with bare hands.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by Pierocash(m): 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
Where are the unknown Gunmen?

5 Likes

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by LILTJAY: 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
Chestbeaters grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by Commentor: 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
LILTJAY:
Chestbeaters grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by JavaScript90: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
You know what to do. Employ the services of those who can help you and stop waiting to the government of Fulani

60 Likes

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
onumadu:
Firstly, if I'm not mistaken, Mmiata is in Anambra West LGA, but how come the story switches to Ebenebe in Awka North LGA?
They are not the same.

I shall add the second part later...

Ebenebe farm settlement, not Ebenebe town in Awka

43 Likes

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by Misrighteousnes: 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
[i][/i]Everything about every news is Buhari as far as you are concern.
Though he is a failure but remember he has the following points to himself.

~~Who built Zik Mausoleum?
~~Who started Ogoni CleanUp?
~~Who made June12 Democracy Day?
~~Who gave Abiola GCFR and Fawehinmi GCON?
~~Who paid Biafran Soldiers Gratuities?
~~Who settled all NITEL Staff Gratuities?
~~Who brought joy to the faces of Nigeria Airways Retirees?

~~Who gave Ariaria Market Aba 24 hours electricity?
~~Who named Abuja National Stadium MKO Abiola NATIONAL Stadium?
~~Who bailed out State Governments in order to settle outstanding Salaries Arrears inherited from previous government?

~~Who is now giving local governments their funds direct from Federation Account?
~~Who increased minimum wage from 18k to 30k?

~~Who made local rice sufficient in Nigeria?
~~Who is making Nigeria a Tomato Paste hub?
~~Who is feeding School Pulpis nationwide?
~~Who pays Npower stipends to young people?
~~Who is constructing bridges, rails and roads across the country?

~~Who is fighting BokoHaram?
~~Who is supplying the military with the latest, modern and sophisticated weapons?

~~Who is fighting orchestrated & deliberate criminal activities by bandits, herders, farmers & hooligans?
~~Who is making natural and steady, realistic progress on the economy?

Okay, who is that Leader who openly declared his assets twice without stealing, hiding any state resources?

IF YOU’RE AN HONEST HUMAN BEINGS, JUST ANSWER.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by abouzaid: 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by abouzaid: 11:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
If the youths or ESN attack the Fulani now, soldiers would be deployed there against the indigenes. Governor Obiano is a capital failure in all ramifications.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by onumadu: 3:36am On Nov 12, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

Ebenebe farm settlement, not Ebenebe town in Awka

Okay, got it now.
Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by houseontherock: 4:40am On Nov 12, 2021
Misrighteousnes:
[i][/i]Everything about every news is Buhari as far as you are concern.
Though he is a failure but remember he has the following points to himself.

~~Who built Zik Mausoleum?
~~Who started Ogoni CleanUp?
~~Who made June12 Democracy Day?
~~Who gave Abiola GCFR and Fawehinmi GCON?
~~Who paid Biafran Soldiers Gratuities?
~~Who settled all NITEL Staff Gratuities?
~~Who brought joy to the faces of Nigeria Airways Retirees?

~~Who gave Ariaria Market Aba 24 hours electricity?
~~Who named Abuja National Stadium MKO Abiola NATIONAL Stadium?
~~Who bailed out State Governments in order to settle outstanding Salaries Arrears inherited from previous government?

~~Who is now giving local governments their funds direct from Federation Account?
~~Who increased minimum wage from 18k to 30k?

~~Who made local rice sufficient in Nigeria?
~~Who is making Nigeria a Tomato Paste hub?
~~Who is feeding School Pulpis nationwide?
~~Who pays Npower stipends to young people?
~~Who is constructing bridges, rails and roads across the country?

~~Who is fighting BokoHaram?
~~Who is supplying the military with the latest, modern and sophisticated weapons?

~~Who is fighting orchestrated & deliberate criminal activities by bandits, herders, farmers & hooligans?
~~Who is making natural and steady, realistic progress on the economy?

Okay, who is that Leader who openly declared his assets twice without stealing, hiding any state resources?

IF YOU’RE AN HONEST HUMAN BEINGS, JUST ANSWER.
Sarcasm or are you for real?
Who killed the most people directly and indirectly?
Who made rice and beans out of the reach of the poor?
Who is watching while farmers are being displaced and killed on a daily basis?
Who is the most hated by the majority of the citizens?
Who is aiding and abetting kidnapping of innocent citizens?
Whose insane economic policies rubbished the supposed 30k minimum wage?
Whose dictatorship government has wasted the most money to sponsor the most counter- protests?
Who has made peaceful protests a crime?
Who has made life most miserable for youths by sending EFCC after them and their bank accounts while his own children smile to the bank?
Who made a renowned terrorist his minister?

Let me borrow your English: "IF YOU’RE AN HONEST HUMAN BEINGS, JUST ANSWER"

Btw, I told you guys that these guys are sparing no one! Come together and fight as the South, forget their divide and conquer tactics because foolanis are fighting food production in the south generally!!!

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by Shellsploit: 6:18am On Nov 12, 2021
cry
Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 12, 2021
Really
Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by MRDEE01: 6:19am On Nov 12, 2021
nawa o
Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by RichDad1(m): 6:19am On Nov 12, 2021
Where’s ESN? They’re busy kidnapping and stealing biscuits. cheesy angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by Splitmind: 6:19am On Nov 12, 2021
Serves them right.
Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 12, 2021
You'll no see the idiot called udele here but he shouldn't worry because he'll surely get what he is looking for soon.

3 Likes

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by phemmie06(m): 6:19am On Nov 12, 2021
One of the evil brought to us by Bubu is the killer herdsmen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by ma373733(m): 6:21am On Nov 12, 2021
They shouldn't try it
Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by DonTattaglia: 6:22am On Nov 12, 2021
Fake story. Pls go and sit down.

1 Like

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by ma373733(m): 6:22am On Nov 12, 2021
RichDad1:
Where’s ESN? They’re busy kidnapping and stealing biscuits. cheesy angry
You're not smart

8 Likes

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by Princedapace(m): 6:23am On Nov 12, 2021
LILTJAY:
Chestbeaters grin grin

Thu*Der fire u there. Chestbeater.,same and ur folks are against ESN.. Same u are blaming them for getting killed. Thu*Der fire ur generation.

I hate rubbish. These guys are getting killed, called on govt, govt refused to answer them. They setup a security system to checkmate those ba*tards, the same govt who refused to protect them, sent the security after them.
U see why Nigeria is such a useless place? My happiness is that the country is useless every year. I visited Ghana, it is now way more better than Nigeria.

Nigeria is made up people like u. Very useless and empty country full of injustice. That is why it will only get worse.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:24am On Nov 12, 2021
Every statement from Nnamdi Kanu is coming to reality

4 Likes

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:26am On Nov 12, 2021
Splitmind:
Serves them right.
May that thing you are rejoicing over be visited upon you in Jesus Name. Amen. Blood sucking Wizard

9 Likes

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by jojo1415: 6:28am On Nov 12, 2021
Again

Re: Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks by temitope27(m): 6:28am On Nov 12, 2021
Why can't you call IPOB terrorist to come and save u

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court / FG Has No Excuse Not To Fix Economy- Saraki, Catholic Bishops / Election 2019: Nigeria’s Emerging Political Leaders - Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.