Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? (23202 Views)

NNPC Or Coca-cola Interview About Russia Ukraine War / Just In: NNPC Staff Protest Unpaid Salaries / NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by PhilipGallagher(m): 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
OP, hope your real name isn't Tosin Dami(lare,lola etc).

You should use a pseudo name next time when talking about sensitive job issues.

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Masterace(m): 9:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
it is the last stage and is the oral interview
Lildoks:

Who told you it is last stage. Do you know the thousands of people shortlisted for the interview?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by jerryfunky(m): 9:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
can I ask a quick one. is the oral interview conducted by a consulting firm or it's done by their human resources personnel?

at least with the answers above lies how transparent we except of it...
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
Abujabir24:
I will advice you to remain with the bank. NNPC have finshed sharing slots for the job since January and February before they advertised their recruitment. This is from a reliable source. I have a friend who paid for it from someone that was given 5 slots. Hes waiting for the APL. Mind you, he did not even sit for test.

You are a liar from pit of hell.This is why u will never go far on life .keep giving excuses for your inability to progress in life

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by iammiracle1(m): 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2019
Be truthful, Go for your interview...you have gone this far, may Gos help us all, Amen grin

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:

Very tough decision. Although, the entry level salary of the two firms are almost the same.

Don't decieve your self Nnpc pays more your upfront can't even flash light to Nnpc upfront

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by ochallo: 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2019
I was in your shoes 11 years ago; in my own case it was one of the defunct banks and an oil servicing company, I had both and I was to resume the bank job on the same day as the training of the oil company and the oil servicing company pay was lower by almost a million. I had just finished the bank training which was three months and couldn’t start another 12 months training on lower pay. 2 years later , bank started developing issues, came in one day and I was out of a job. Paid one month salary, no pension, no package, after like 4 months we got another month salary and that was it. I’m now working in the oil sector after 4 years unemployment which was torture.

Now my advice, NNPC is not a merit based job, the merit in most cases is just a slot or two, the rest are shared among everybody from president to runs girls of politicians. If you have a good connect then don’t waste your time in a stupid bank but if not stay in that bank but know that they threat to sack you for lateness is real.

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by ezewealth(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2019
Baba, if i were i will stick with the job. If u no know no person for the NNPC just leave am. I am talking from experience. I have gone for a top govt firm interview in jos, ITF, at the end of the day dem give ppl way no even come for the interview appointment letter. Talk less of NNPC

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by umbre(m): 9:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
It's access bank, and I tell you bro it's a great opportunity and allot of people are dying to be in your position. In the case of the interview, I'd advice if you can get a way to attend the NNPC interview please kindly do because I can tell you it's one of the best places to work in Nigeria. The bank work is great too but until you get bored and over used.
Make your own choice!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by umbre(m): 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
ezewealth:
Baba, if i were i will stick with the job. If u no know no person for the NNPC just leave am. I am talking from experience. I have gone for a top govt firm interview in jos, ITF, at the end of the day dem give ppl way no even come for the interview appointment letter. Talk less of NNPC

A Friend got the ITF job in that same Jos and he knows no one.
Please don't let us discourage people. God has different plans for all of us.

9 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by deltateam: 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
FAMILYJA:

But NNPC has more future prospects than the bank.
The bank is assured for now but nnpc na bush race for now.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by heskeyw(m): 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
maybachmusic:
mehn

jet out for nnpc

try ur luck

that place and ministry of foreign affairs are not civil servants

they live the dream shocked shocked
Bro, between ministry of foreign affairs and Nigeria port authority, which one pays higher?
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Arysexy(m): 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
Book return flight ticket for d day u are to write NNPC exam. Then penultimate day to d NNPC interview date, go for Ur first bank training, then enter night bus. Arrive Abuja in d morning, do the interview, rush to airport get back to lag and take taxi to Ur training, ensure they see you that day. U can claim u were arrested by SARS and Ur phone confiscated. That u just got bailed and decided to report at training. With this no one will suspect u went for NNPC interview

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
Sleyanya1:

This is the best logical advice you'd get. It's not time to listen to everyone's opinion because you'd get more confused. It'll remain a debate.

Now you've got to look inward... what your heart is telling you and what you believe in.

Out of the thousands that applied for the bank job, you were shortlisted without any connection.

Out of the thousands that applied for the NNPC jobs including those already working, you were still shortlisted for an oral interview which is definitely the final stage ...as stated by NNPC 2019 (Forget past predictions, this year's own I believe is very transparent and fast).

So why should your faith die when it's needed most?
Great things come to people who'll take the risky actions.

Success Man.

Transparency and a Federal Government job should not even be on the same sentence, let alone NNPC. That was how NUPENG deceived us that they'll ensure a transparent process during the last PTI recruitment exercise. Myself and some Nairalanders made it to the interview, after scaling through two aptitude tests (The most difficult I have encountered throughout my career). Only for those baggers to offer the jobs to those who didn't even undergo the process with us and those too dull to pass the aptitude tests.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by ajayiopy: 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:
I'm very confused right now.

I'm presently undergoing training as a graduate trainee in one of the first-generation banks in Nigeria. I resumed not too long ago, and it's gonna span for three months, after which I'd be fully absorbed into the bank as a core staff. The training school is in Lagos, and you dare not seek permission, as it will not be granted. You even risk getting sent off if you arrive the training school 10 minutes late.

Just yesterday, I received an email from NNPC stating that I've been shortlisted for an interview (Graduate Trainee) slated to hold in Abuja next week.

I really don't know what to do, as I risk losing both if I attend the interview with NNPC without an express permission from the bank.

N.B: Both are graduate trainee roles.

I'm mystified right now. I hope to get plausible answers from my ogas here..

Bird at hand........... That NNPC na for north
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
heskeyw:

Bro, between ministry of foreign affairs and Nigeria port authority, which one pays higher?

lol

will NPA post you abroad and pay you dollars for 4 years and give u connections to top global businessmen?

will NPA give your children world class education in the best schools in the world?

NPA will never give you the exposure of a diplomat

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Damfostopper(m): 9:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
Yes... you should go for the NNPC interview if you av connect and it's sure that you will get the job at the end.......

No.....if you are not sure......

ur fellow friends at the training school might have connect and you don't..... you don't need to follow them. ....

But One thing is guaranteed...... you might lose both cos ur going on a journey of no return

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by mapet: 9:43pm On Jun 27, 2019
iammiracle1:

Sir please at what levels is a person able to access such leaves?

I think after 5 years
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by echelonfashion(m): 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
Provided you good. As a Human resource person I will advise you to write NNPC to reschedule your interview date for xyz reason.
All the best.
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Sleyanya1(m): 9:49pm On Jun 27, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Transparency and a Federal Government job should not even be on the same sentence, let alone NNPC. That was how NUPENG deceived us that they'll ensure a transparent process during the last PTI recruitment exercise. Myself and some Nairalanders made it to the interview, after scaling through two aptitude tests (The most difficult I have encountered throughout my career). Only for those baggers to offer the jobs to those who didn't even undergo the process with us and those too dull to pass the aptitude tests.

I understand where you're coming from. Please just know that there's what is called exceptional cases. No industry or organization that wants to grow will fully employ it's human resources based on connection only neglecting merit.

All I'm saying is, yes some people may get in via connection but it'll never negate the fact that some people will still get in via merit.

Think about it calmly... closest example you can use is Provisional admission in our institutions., Many others.
Don't stop believing.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by castrokins(m): 9:49pm On Jun 27, 2019
I Didn't Bother!

Splashme:

Did you read the story to understand his predicament?
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by dingbang(m): 9:49pm On Jun 27, 2019
Why did you have to publish this on a public forum? undecided
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by LeoFish92(m): 9:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
Mustsucceed:

You are a liar from pit of hell.This is why u will never go far on life .keep giving excuses for your inability to progress in life

The guy you quoted might be correct though.

I have an uncle who is working with Road safety. During the last Road safety recruitment, he told us that the list of candidates that went for the written test was different from the list of people that went for the first interview. While a different list altogether was provided when employment letter was being dished out.

This country sha grin
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by globatop: 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
A bird at hand worth 10.in.the bush, devilish destraction
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:

Thank you, but the funny thing is, most of my colleagues at the training school were shortlisted, and they intend attending the interview at the risk of losing the present appointment. Furthermore, the facilitators and management of the training school are aware of the NNPC interview. They won't buy the excuse.

A bird in hand. . . .

NNPC sweet pass bank but are you sure of it yet? NO.

The bank job is more than 90% sure, in fact it's yours to lose(that's if you fùck up). NNPC is less than 50%.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by kolaaderin: 9:53pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:

I'm presently undergoing training as a graduate trainee in one of the first-generation banks in Nigeria. I resumed not too long ago, and it's gonna span for three months, after which I'd be fully absorbed into the bank as a core staff. The training school is in Lagos, and you dare not seek permission, as it will not be granted. You even risk getting sent off if you arrive the training school 10 minutes late.

Just yesterday, I received an email from NNPC stating that I've been shortlisted for an interview (Graduate Trainee) slated to hold in Abuja next week.

I really don't know what to do, as I risk losing both if I attend the interview with NNPC without an express permission from the bank.

get through with your training man, NNPC is not asking you to come for an employment letter. The training school mean you have got the job already, dont leave certainty to chase shadow.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by ashala(m): 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2019
I can't help but get nostalgic reading this post.

I have worked in the banking industry for 13 years now and must confess that yes, I have to a very large extent achieved quite a lot by God's grace which saw me escape uncountable number of layoffs and sacks. I tell you I have seen thousands of colleagues laid off during this period.

I remember also sitting for this same NNPC exam with one of my colleagues in the first year of our banking career. I didn't make it but my colleague did and went ahead to get the job after other series of interviews.

When I ran into her some years later, I couldn't help getting jealous after she reeled out her achievements so far........ Various trainings abroad, job satisfaction, well structured allowances, certifications and additional degrees earned etc etc while I was in the banking sector overworking my self in order to meet my target and retain my job.

So my brother, I will advice you to think well. There is no way you can compare both jobs but at least it is better to have a bank job than non.

If going for the NNPC interview means kissing the bank job goodbye then better reconsider cos the NNPC job though worth it might not be guaranteed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by kolaaderin: 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:

Thank you, but the funny thing is, most of my colleagues at the training school were shortlisted, and they intend attending the interview at the risk of losing the present appointment. Furthermore, the facilitators and management of the training school are aware of the NNPC interview. They won't buy the excuse.
with this comment, i beginning to suspect this might be a bait from the training school/bank to test your loyalty to hang on with them. The email could be a smoke screen be careful.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2019
Sleyanya1:

I understand where you're coming from. Please just know that there's what is called exceptional cases. No industry or organization that wants to grow will fully employ it's human resources based on connection only neglecting merit.

All I'm saying is, yes some people may get in via connection but it'll never negate the fact that some people will still get in via merit.

Think about it calmly... closest example you can use is Provisional admission in our institutions., Many others.
Don't stop believing.

Thank God you wrote that. Government-owned organizations are not interested in growth. I hope you know what PTI is? If PTI, an educational institution can do this, then it is finished!

On a personal note, never again will I apply for a government job, without first securing the connection.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Hillsautos: 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:

SBE....WONDERS NO GO END
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by materialproject: 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2019
This is Nigeria problem

Are you APC Youth Leader

Does your father know ......

If not then stick to the

Else your name is sorry

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by 400billionman: 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2019
Jarus:

If you were sick and was not able to go to the training for 2 days, will they fire you?

That's where the answer is.

I no go advise you to lie on public forum....

Yes..

He has not started working, he is getting sick.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Ways To Achieve Financial Independence / Sacked 900 Dangote Workers Protest Non-Payment Of Benefits In Lagos (Pics) / Pictures Of Women Doing Brick Laying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.