Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,217 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server (13540 Views)

700,000 NE NNPP Members Defect To PDP, Urge Kwankwaso To Join / Gumi: Bandits, Herdsmen Ready To Lay Down Arms, Grant Them Amnesty / PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by jaxxy(m): 10:43am On Jun 30, 2019
tsdarkside:

wait....before you overthink....is electronic votin recognized by nigerian constitution or not....??
if not....then why the ol wahala about servers....??

I ask and pls respond directly. Where servers deployed and why? How do the accreditation’s work?
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by jaxxy(m): 10:44am On Jun 30, 2019
Afamed:

Smh on you, you don't even understand what Atiku was requesting for

I know what he asked for bt I am challenging INEC ridiculous and criminal response.
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tsdarkside(m): 10:44am On Jun 30, 2019
igbo mentality is "my way or no way"....

thats a very dangerous way of thinkin.... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by 12inchDickson: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2019
tsdarkside:

if even america tried and abandoned the idea,then why should nigeria even bother sef....??

especialy with people that are so corrupt like black people....
America never tried nothing . Stop spreading falsehood. If you have any proof kindly share sir.
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tsdarkside(m): 10:55am On Jun 30, 2019
garfield1:

I opened a thread concerning that,he should be looking at paper results not wireless materials

that they dont even understand,that even if inec has sometype of server,you still cant use it in court,realy baffles me.... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tsdarkside(m): 10:57am On Jun 30, 2019
12inchDickson:
America never tried nothing . Stop spreading falsehood. If you have any proof kindly share sir.

park....!!

i saw it on tv when they were experimentin with it back then with george bush....!!

and i repeat:
park....!! angry angry
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by Afamed: 10:59am On Jun 30, 2019
jaxxy:

I know what he asked for bt I am challenging INEC ridiculous and criminal response.
You don't, if you do, you would not have said what you posted above
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by ridbell01(m): 11:08am On Jun 30, 2019
cucumbae:
Buhari has position his stooges in supreme court.It will be difficulty for them to go against his wish.
get well soon.. Buhari stooge that gave you victory is zamfara despite the fact that you were mercilessly beating at the poll?
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by JubiOmeiza(m): 11:09am On Jun 30, 2019
This man Atiku is a dummy N idiot.... How wud server gives gives him presidency?!
Ode!!
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by jaxxy(m): 11:12am On Jun 30, 2019
Afamed:

You don't, if you do, you would not have said what you posted above

INEC didn’t give a proper answer and that’s why we are currently in this national embarrassment. It’s shows their criminal motive also. When they shud have explained a simple function and let everyone move on to the next level of discussion/arguments we are stuck on whether servers exist or not. Imagine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tsdarkside(m): 11:14am On Jun 30, 2019
jaxxy:

INEC didn’t give a proper answer and that’s why we are currently in this national embarrassment. It’s shows their criminal motive also. When they shud have explained a simple function and let everyone move on to the next level of discussion/arguments we are stuck on whether servers exist or not. Imagine

yeah yeah,anything that doesnt favour you is wrong....

we gerrit....
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by Omon605(m): 11:16am On Jun 30, 2019
aolawale025:
For INEC to evade inspection of its server, means there's something there they don't want the world to know

How can you grant access for inspection of what you don't have? Or Atiku told he both servers for inec?
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tsdarkside(m): 11:18am On Jun 30, 2019
jaxxy:

I ask and pls respond directly. Where servers deployed and why? How do the accreditation’s work?

look....you are askin the wrong questions....

counter-question:
is electronic voting accepted by the nigerian constitution or not....?!

anything else make no sense and is wasting of oxygine....

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by 12inchDickson: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2019
tsdarkside:

park....!!

i saw it on tv when they were experimentin with it back then with george bush....!!

and i repeat:
park....!! angry angry
see you we are talking about a Nigerian electorate server here . Even the Russians were suspected to have hacked the American sever. Let’s be factual pls
Another question who designed the firewall against hacking for their imaginary server ?
Abeg park well lol
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tsdarkside(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2019
12inchDickson:
see you we are talking about a Nigerian electorate server here . Even the Russians were suspected to have hacked the American sever. Let’s be factual pls

how can you hack something that doesnt even exist....??

i know for a fact that america gave up the idea....
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by 12inchDickson: 11:25am On Jun 30, 2019
tsdarkside:

how can you hack something that doesnt even exist....??

i know for a fact that america gave up the idea....
that’s why I said imaginary but then using the card reader . There is definitely a database and a server . Maybe not even located in Nigeria o. Believe Nigerian leaders at your peril✅
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 30, 2019
tsdarkside:

go and find out what a server realy is,and stop embarassin yourself about something that somebody understand better than you....

i still have no real idea what a server is or how it works....

but their are nigerians that understand this stuff much better than you....

Then you must be the most foolish person on earth to argue about a subject you know absolutely nothing about with so much authority. A server is nothing but a computer program which manages access to a centralized resource or service in a network.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tsdarkside(m): 11:28am On Jun 30, 2019
12inchDickson:
that’s why I said imaginary but then using the card reader . There is definitely a database and a server . Maybe not even located in Nigeria o. Believe Nigerian leaders at your peril✅

what does it matter server or not....??

somebody loose,somebody wins.....

what we nigerians should be concerned about is continuation of governance or not who is in charge....

you nigerians tend to start all over again because of political parties....

thats insane....!!

like a dog chasin its own tale....

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by jaxxy(m): 11:39am On Jun 30, 2019
tsdarkside:

look....you are askin the wrong questions....

counter-question:
is electronic voting accepted by the nigerian constitution or not....?!

anything else make no sense and is wasting of oxygine....

Invariably inec contravened the constitution by deploying servers and using card readers? Is that ur point?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by jaxxy(m): 11:39am On Jun 30, 2019
tsdarkside:

yeah yeah,anything that doesnt favour you is wrong....

we gerrit....

U made no point.
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tsdarkside(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2019
Xda59:

Then you must be the most foolish person on earth to argue about a subject you know absolutely nothing about with so much authority. A server is nothing but a computer program which manages access to a centralized resource or service in a network.

but so do you....!!

somebody is jabbin you,that understand this stuffs better than you and you are pointin finger at me....

atleast i admit i dont understand that much about servers....

point and fact is,even if,it cant be used in court accordin to nigerian constitution....!!
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by 12inchDickson: 11:41am On Jun 30, 2019
tsdarkside:

what does it matter server or not....??

somebody loose,somebody wins.....

what we nigerians should be concerned about is continuation of governance or not who is in charge....

you nigerians tend to start all over again because of political parties....

thats insane....!!

like a dog chasin its own tale....
well spoken
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tsdarkside(m): 11:44am On Jun 30, 2019
12inchDickson:
well spoken

abi....

lets speak truth to each other....

none of us is realy proud to be nigerian....

but nigeria is ours....

this all we have to call home.... undecided undecided
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by Deepthoughts: 11:44am On Jun 30, 2019
mysidechick:
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the last general elections, Atiku Abubakar and his party have approached the Supreme Court to grant them access to a supposed server purportedly used to transmit election results by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT) in a ruling on June 24, 2019 had rejected a similar request they made in a motion on notice that was dismissed, a decision Atiku and the PDP have now appealed before the Supreme Court via a notice of appeal filed on June 26, 2019.

Atiku and his party want the Supreme Court to allow their appeal and set aside the June 24, 2019 ruling of the PEPT.

In rejecting the application, the PEPT had held, among others that granting their request would amount to pre-judging the issue in the substantive case, which is whether or not INEC has a central server, which it deployed for the purpose of transmitting results during the last presidential election.

The PEPT was of the view that granting the reliefs sought by Atiku and the PDP at the pre-hearing stage, when parties have joined issues on the dispute over the existence and use of a central server, would amount to agreeing with the petitioners (Atiku and the PDP) that a INEC had a central server which it deployed to transmit results during the election.

The preponderance of the claim by Atiku and his party is to the effect that they won the last presidential election going by the results they claimed to have got from the said central server allegedly owned and deployed for the election by INEC.

In the notice of appeal which The Nation sighted in Abuja yesterday, Atiku and the PDP are attacking the tribunal’s ruling on four grounds, the first being that the PEPT was in error when “contrary to the provisions of Section 151 (l) of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) they refused to grant the application of the Appellants on the ground that it will amount to pre-judging the issue in the substantive case.”

They argued that their application was legitimately brought within the confines of Section 151(1) of the Electoral Act,’2010 (as amended), which allows for an order for an inspection of a polling document or any other packet in the custody of the Chief National Electoral Commissioner or any other Officer of the commission for purpose of, inter alia, maintaining the election petition.

The appellants argued that their request was simply to be allowed to access and inspect “the information stored in the database packets in the 1st respondent’s (INEC’s) central server, such that all the parties were to be given an opportunity to participate in the inspection.”

On the second ground, they argued that the tribunal was in error when it failed to exercise its discretion in their favour despite placing sufficient materials placed before it.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/atiku-pdp-urge-supreme-court-grant-access-inec-server/
I don't understand the difficulty in sorting out this server issue, since Atiku has stated the server address n the maker n supplier of it,why can't this persons be summon to clarify the issue once n for all, something tells me INEC/Apc has realized that Atiku/pdp has beaten them to the game n they are now only using federal Influence to fraudulently achieve their aim,in the midst of this the judiciary is making a mockery of itself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tuniski: 11:47am On Jun 30, 2019
utenwuson:
Will server tell u number of people that voted for apc and pdp? If server is even accessible, it will only show numbers of accredited voters... Atiku should go to coza
Whatever it will tell let it be accessed. QED
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by magzey: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2019
Madness to the highest order, I am sure Atiku and co no get Evidence and fact just butting around the bush. If you have Buba Galadima ,Second us and Peter Obi in your team my brother you are dealing with combined FAILED Humans.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by 12inchDickson: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2019
tsdarkside:

abi....

lets speak truth to each other....

none of us is realy proud to be nigerian....

but nigeria is ours....

this all we have to call home.... undecided undecided
boss Nigeria is messed up no doubts....God don commot hand for our matter
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tsdarkside(m): 11:50am On Jun 30, 2019
Deepthoughts:
I don't understand the difficulty in sorting out this server issue, since Atiku has stated the server address n the maker n supplier of it,why can't this persons be summon to clarify the issue once n for all, something tells me INEC/Apc has realized that Atiku/pdp has beaten them to the game n they are now only using federal Influence to fraudulently achieve their aim,in the midst of this the judiciary is making a mockery of itself.

look....you think its evidence that atiku beat buhari...but thats your opinion and you have rights to your opinion....

but keep in mind that many of us still voted buhari and everybody was watching campaigns on tv and were even on the rallies sef....

because you dont like somebody doesnt mean everybody else must hate am too....

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tsdarkside(m): 11:51am On Jun 30, 2019
12inchDickson:
boss Nigeria is messed up no doubts....God don commot hand for our matter

dont mention that word to me....

when black people talk about that word,they only mean white man....
Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by Lovelive: 11:55am On Jun 30, 2019
isnovic:
In a grand conspiracy plot:

This case will drag on, until the 4th year of Buhari after which a judgement in his favour will be pronounced.

This will be a fait accompli for the North, Knowing that they intend to retain the Presidency in the North for another 8 years and a palace coup for the SW who would be positioning to replace Buhari in 2023.

For the rest of the country, it will be master stroke as he who dines with the devil, should know better to eat with a long spoon.
You sound like all the judges are northerners.
People like you are destroying this country. It's so unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by Deepthoughts: 11:58am On Jun 30, 2019
tsdarkside:

look....you think its evidence that atiku beat buhari...but thats your opinion and you have rights to your opinion....

but keep in mind that many of us still voted buhari and everybody was watching campaigns on tv and were even on the rallies sef....

because you dont like somebody doesnt mean everybody else must hate am too....
Hey, it's not a question of hate but simply truth,for instance if I say you bought a car and you deny,then I state the chassis number of the car n the car dealer that sold the car to you, isn't it natural that the car dealer should be asked to clarify my claims?,the problem with you buhari supporters is that you think buhari is a demigod that should not be questioned where as the man is just a sleek green snake under the green grass.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Urge Supreme Court To Grant Them Access To INEC Server by tuniski: 11:59am On Jun 30, 2019
tsdarkside:

that they dont even understand,that even if inec has sometype of server,you still cant use it in court,realy baffles me.... undecided undecided
Who says?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 / PDP Commends Army For Chibok Girl Rescue, Criticises APC / Senate Drops Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla, Already Cleared Buhari’s NCC Nominee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.