Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari (4221 Views)

Biafra: We Are Igbos – Says Asari Dokubo (see Video) / Asari Dokubo At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa / I’m Ready To Die For Jonathan Says Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 08, 2010
http://www.thisdayonline.info/nview.php?id=184737

Attacks Were Targeted at Jonathan, Says Asari
By Imam Imam, 10.07.2010

The leader of the Niger Delta People Volunteer Force (NDPVF) Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo Asari yesterday said security agents failed to heed his warning on the likely bombing of strategic targets by Henry Okah and members of his group, alleging that Okah has been stockpiling more weapons in an effort to destablise the country.

Dokubo said the attack in Abuja on October 1 was meant to destablise the Goodluck Jonathan presidency, in continuation of the deep-seated hatred Okah has for the president.

In a statement issued on his[b] facebook page[/b] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, Dokubo said Nigerians should not take Okah serious for alleging that he was asked to implicate the Northerners, saying when fully subjected to facts test, the statement would not hold water.

He said: "15 days before now, the intelligence unit of NDPVF had a stunning revelation and uncovered a plot by Henry Okah to re-arm militants - to re-arm his criminal gangs in the region. We intercepted large parches of arms that were being sent to his new recruits around the Bonny, New Calabar, Sombreiro and St. Bartholomew rivers.

"This information was promptly forwarded to the security agencies that Henry Okah was up to something. These persons in government and its agencies dismissed it! That, I was a rabid hater of Henry Okah. And this information was passed by some unscrupulous top government officers to Henry Okah, that 'Asari' had informed them that he, Henry Okah, was planning something.

"What a shame! I was still worried and sent warnings to them that Henry Okah was still up to something. A close associate of the President just dismissed it by saying “which time you and Henry Okah quarrel go end?” he added.
On the call by some Northern leaders on President Goodluck Jonathan to resign or face impeachment, Dokubo said the remark is like sounding the drums of war.

"The drums of war have been sounded by the Adamu Ciroma's, the Tanko Yakassai's, the Ali Mungonu's. We are not afraid of war! Let them come with their war."

He said attempts were made in the past by some rogue elements in the Niger Delta region to pin the attacks on him, but by God's grace, such moves have failed.

"First they made an attempt to hang it (the bombings) on me - Alhamdullahi - they failed! Today, it is Goodluck Jonathan - Insha Allahu - they will also fail," he said.

i thought okah was a mere arms dealer?

what gives?

shey dokubo will name the close associate

see as everybody don get facebook page

these people are full of sheet , i swear - now dokubo the man who loves press conferences, is just remembering that he warned the presidency.

why was this not announced during tea with gej?
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 08, 2010
What do you expect when touts are glorified and given presidential audience to be making comments on sensitive issues like this. In all this nonsense, have we heard a minute comment from the IG, army chief, et al on the brewing bomb issue? More bombs are ticking!

SAY NO TO PDP
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2010
jabbok:

What do you expect when touts are glorified and given presidential audience to be making comments on sensitive issues like this. In all this nonsense, have we heard a minute comment from the IG, army chief, et al on the brewing bomb issue? More bombs are ticking!

SAY NO TO PDP

They are all Nigerians, moreover if they are irrelevant their act would never shake Nigeria!
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Bawss1(m): 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2010
jabbok:

What do you expect when touts are glorified and given presidential audience to be making comments on sensitive issues like this. In all this nonsense, have we heard a minute comment from the IG, army chief, et al on the brewing bomb issue?. . .

Was about to say the same. Jonathan is now MEND's spokesman and Asari is now president's spokesman. cheesy
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Donmeca(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2010
Foolish comments are emanating again. Tufia Nigerians!!!
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by ogzille(m): 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2010
Nigeria is getting annoying angry
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by denony(m): 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2010
we are still waiting for the real truth
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by md4real(m): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2010
another twist, so where is IBB connection?
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Mobinga: 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2010
Lol. What a confused nation.

Nuhu Ribadu For President
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Youngichou(m): 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2010
Absolute rubbish. I tell you all bookmark this page and pass it to your children, that in a millenium to come Nigeria will not move a step forward
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by md4real(m): 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2010
Mobinga:

Lol. What a confused nation.

Nuhu Ribadu For President

you sound confused too.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by kingsido: 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2010
ibb = independence bomb blast
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by carnal: 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2010
i jus tire for 9ja but up or down,home is home,i hail my country.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Libra38: 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2010
GoodBadluck Jonathan should please take the honourable part (according to Obasanjo on Yar'adua).

Believe me even Mrs Hellen Johnson of liberia is more decisefull than this so-called president of ours.

It's not a must to rule a country.

PLS AND PLS RESIGN FOR THE SAKE OF GENERATIONS YET UNBORN, IF SITUATION WERE HANDLE LIKE THIS DURING YOUR CHILDHOOD AGE, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BE WHERE YOU ARE TODAY.

DON'T SPOIL THIS COUNTRY FOR THE YET UNBORN
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by bawomolo(m): 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2010
it seems we are beginning to witness the splintering of the loose unit known as MEND.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Oct 08, 2010
Why are these stories coming out almost a week later? What is with these so called EX-militants? They seem to be trying every tactic possible to put this one on Okah somehow still removing MEND from it all. Something is really going on here. I do hope they do not succeed in hiding the truth in the end.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by yeswecan(m): 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Why are these stories coming out almost a week later? What is with these so called EX-militants? They seem to be trying every tactic possible to put this one on Okah somehow still removing MEND from it all. Something is really going on here. I do hope they do not succeed in hiding the truth in the end.

Something is actually going on, and Mend apologised for the attack claiming responsibility - now its Okah
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2010
yeswecan:

Something is actually going on, and Mend apologised for the attack claiming responsibility - now its Okah

I don't think so. Henry Okah is MEND until proven not to be. All I see happening here is members of the same group fighting among each other with the Exes still pretending to be relevant while the one who never bailed is held down in another country for a crime he probably had a hand in committing but we are not sure of still.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by novaman: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2010
In fairness to IBB, going by the position of some northern leaders and their double standards, I don't think they are right to say Jonathan should resign when not too long ago they also witness how IBB, Abacha and Yaradua ran the country, if the northern leaders truly want the north to rule, they should drop the idea of presenting IBB as their candidate and present someone with credible past and appreciable record, because I don't trust IBB; his desperation for power is suspicios; maybe we should find out how much was the Naira before IBB took over from Buhari and how much was it on the day he left
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Dede1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2010
There are too many loudmouthed punks from the so-called Niger Delta who are under the influence of akamere or ogogoro. They usually speak with great quality of daftness.

I think the northern leaders are quite in order if they should call for the impeachment of GEJ. Truly speaking, the presidency has shown lack of dedication to the rigorous job of running a country. It is mindboggling to know there is apparently no intelligent apparatus in Nigeria.

This case brings me full circle to the alleged case of taxi driver who ran into the motorcade of the president. GEJ must be seriously quizzed about what he knew, did or not do as a result of the bomb blast in Abuja. If GEJ is found guilty in dereliction of duty, I pray his dark arse should be impeached.

It is funny many forum contributors continue to compare military Heads of State with democratically elected presidents.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by orlanmagic: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2010
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by hercules07: 5:30pm On Oct 08, 2010
@Dede1

Inasmuch as I do not see Jonathan as a Presidential material, the Northern leaders have no leg to stand on regarding this impeachment stuff. We have had more serious issues under Yar'Adua and Obasanjo and no impeachment was carried out. Jonathan is just a clueless leader and we should concentrate our energies on voting him and his PDP people out of power.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by mbulela: 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2010
there are no militants in Nigeria, only criminals.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by yeswecan(m): 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2010
mbulela:

there are no militants in Nigeria, only criminals.

I am on your side there.

Kobojunkie:

I don't think so. Henry Okah is MEND until proven not to be. All I see happening here is members of the same group fighting among each other with the Exes still pretending to be relevant while the one who never bailed is held down in another country for a crime he probably had a hand in committing but we are not sure of still.

Henry Okah knows nothing of the attack - his words . . Mend is fully responsible for the attack - their words

Jonathan tried to politicize the discussion to his favour - this is direct to me. Henry Okah was not even in Nigeria, so what is the basis of blaming him for the attack which Mend (in Nigeria) already claimed responsibility of.

Dede1:

There are too many loudmouthed punks from the so-called Niger Delta who are under the influence of akamere or ogogoro. They usually speak with great quality of daftness.

I think the northern leaders are quite in order if they should call for the impeachment of GEJ. Truly speaking, the presidency has shown lack of dedication to the rigorous job of running a country. It is mindboggling to know there is apparently no intelligent apparatus in Nigeria.

This case brings me full circle to the alleged case of taxi driver who ran into the motorcade of the president. GEJ must be seriously quizzed about what he knew, did or not do as a result of the bomb blast in Abuja. If GEJ is found guilty in dereliction of duty, I pray his dark arse should be impeached. 

It is funny many forum contributors continue to compare military Heads of State with democratically elected presidents.

GEJ failed for exonerating Mend, it makes Henry Okah’s argument valid to me.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by okeyxyz(m): 12:34am On Oct 09, 2010
oyb:

http://www.thisdayonline.info/nview.php?id=184737

He said: "15 days before now, the intelligence unit of NDPVF had a stunning revelation and uncovered a plot by Henry Okah to re-arm militants - to re-arm his criminal gangs in the region. We intercepted large parches of arms that were being sent to his new recruits around the Bonny, New Calabar, Sombreiro and St. Bartholomew rivers.

"This information was promptly forwarded to the security agencies that Henry Okah was up to something. These persons in government and its agencies dismissed it! That, I was a rabid hater of Henry Okah. And this information was passed by some unscrupulous top government officers to Henry Okah, that 'Asari' had informed them that he, Henry Okah, was planning something.
REALLY?
where is d evidence?
where is d video evidence of these arms u intercepted?
where's d documentary evidence of your communication wit security agencies or presidency abt these arms?
wat news agency has reported or verified your allegations?
did u just speak into d air, & they communicated back by speaking into d air too?
we r supposed to swallow these rubbish?
we r all not as dumb as these "GEJ BOYS" think.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Kobojunkie: 12:40am On Oct 09, 2010
yeswecan:

Henry Okah knows nothing of the attack - his words . . Mend is fully responsible for the attack - their words
I read that report and it left me with so many questions. Are we speaking here of a ROGUE faction that is not even connected to any of the EX-Militants and now Henry Okah? I noticed the claimant was Jomo Gbomo and that got me wondering if computers now have a will of their own in this since according to many Jomo Gbomo is not meant to exist, as it is just , according to the same, an online moniker used by MEND.

yeswecan:

Jonathan tried to politicize the discussion to his favour - this is direct to me. Henry Okah was not even in Nigeria, so what is the basis of blaming him for the attack which Mend (in Nigeria) already claimed responsibility of.
That is one of the questions I had after reading that bit too.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Uclloyd28(m): 12:59am On Oct 09, 2010
All Those Saying GEJ should Resign, Now Tell Me, How Many Nigerian Presidents Dun Resign Before How Can NL allow all these Retards, Foolish Low-Lives, Pour Rubbish here On NL, Thunder Fire Anyone Who Wants To Stop Our Change In Nigeria

ALL GEJ HATER"S, GO AND DIE, GEJ MUST RULE NIGERIA

Ok, even if na loot GEJ wan come loot, Why can't he be allowed When the NORTH n WEST dun loot their own, No eyebrows were raised, n now is the South's Turn, BOMBS suddenly surface for Nigeria, How Greed and Unreasonable Can these NORTHNER's be sef, So selfish and self-centered, GEJ will rule, Even if it means Nigeria going to blazes, Rubbish, south can't rule but their Oil Should be tapped, Omo, See, No be so, Nigeria Na 4 All Jor, Nobody get shares as Nigerian pass another jor, BOMB DEY GO NORTHNER"S, GEJ Will rule, even say na Empty Nigeria, WAaaaaaTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by Mickboro(m): 2:22am On Oct 09, 2010
truely after reading the comments on this page i found out my friend was right nigeria has a very big problem we dont only have clueless elders and leaders we also have clueless youths who are suppose to be the future of nigeria.cant we think and take our own stand on issues must we believe hook and sinker what ever rubbish they tell us.please if u read and article and u dont know what to say shutup and allow others to talk.dont show the world how dumb u are.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by rasputinn(m): 4:44am On Oct 09, 2010
Asari who
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by akwaowoudo(m): 5:43am On Oct 09, 2010
Every evil goes with its reward.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by tpiah: 7:02am On Oct 09, 2010
"The drums of war have been sounded by the Adamu Ciroma's, the Tanko Yakassai's, the Ali Mungonu's. We are not afraid of war! Let them come with their war."

yes nah.

the drums of war have a fascinating rhythm.

south rising against north, north rising against south, both shaking their war rattles at each other, then some in between tribes jump on board and carry the baton, and also act as cannon fodder to cushion the overall picture.

no be today.
Re: Attacks Were Targeted At Jonathan, Says Asari by oluwafemi113(m): 7:26am On Oct 09, 2010
See these north people self, they are looking for all means to rull and it'll not workout
God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Those Who Claim To Do 500k Cash Transaction Daily Should Tell Us What They Do / US vice President hosts Ghana,Zambia presidents in white house. Buhari Snubbed / Peter Obi Massive Billboard Standing Tall In Victoria Island Lagos - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.