Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,712 members, 7,831,226 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral (69799 Views)

COVID-19: Several Of Donald Trump's Aides And Allies Test Positive / Wife Of Donald Trump Junior Files For Divorce / Amina Mohammed Shakes Donald Trump. See The Look On Melania Trump's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Flier: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2019
UnitedAlliance:

Well, I don't love him and would never vote for him. I have Daughters.
I don’t expect you to love him you are a black man,average white man is a racist so they love Trump the way he is
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Gucciboss: 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2019
MrAnele:

You must be very daft... The way you guys think is just so disappointing honestly.. Do you know me personally?

LOL..

Your vituperation won't kill anybody. Calm down.

Make we talk business jare
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by berbs: 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2019
dominique:
Their remains cry
Crocodile no too plenty for that river be that oooo. RIP to them. Say cheeeeese embarassed
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Hwy95: 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2019
In a nutshell and written for full comprehension for all :

Many believe that America and many European countries tampering of the affairs of other countries created this serious immigration crisis.
The Iraqui WAR created instability in that region with untold undocumented sorrow and pain for many due to the rise of some vicious islamic groups and this also led to thousands of migration.
America and European countries ( like UK, Swiss & France ) accepting billions and billions of dollars of illegal unaccountable monies from politicians and others that drained the economy of those countries contributed to the immigrant crises ( Mexico, Nigeria, etc )
America squeezing Venezuela and attempting to install a puppet president has thrown the country into total chaos.
Libya no longer what it was after Gaddaffi
...Go research Haiti, Senegal and other Francophone countries being robbed by France.

Most immigrants would rather stay in their countries if foreign powers did not kick their countries around.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Princedapace(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
[quote author=UncleJudax post=79850084]
You get sense jare. Politicians are humans and without being challenged will always do what please them. Democrats need immigrants votes (identity politics) hence their stance against Trump.

Meanwhile Africans would rather die at a Rape-Protest stampede than at a demonstration for good governance.

No strong institutions to hold people (including rapists) accountable

See how FG is using monies that belong to all Nigerians to establish RUGA for Fulanis and not one protest has been organised against it.

[/qu

Wow, smart person u are. I have always said it that politicians are humans and if we don't challenge them, they will always make laws that favour them selves alone. It is like that all over.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by ttmacoy: 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
It's interesting that everyone is angry at Trump for not letting them into the US illegally, but not angry at the leaders of the countries they come from. Can any of you name the Presidents of El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras without googling their names? Why do they get a pass yet everyone blames Trump? You also know what Obama also blocked them coming in, I can find you videos of him saying DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO THE BORDER, IT IS DANGEROUS AND THEY WILL BE SENT BACK.

While I sympathize, the fact is they were migrating to the US for economic reasons and the US asylum laws are not for economic reasons therefore they do not qualify. Everyone moving to the US is not the solution to the problems these countries face and the crisis at the Southern border is now so bad even people from Africa etc are now trying to use it to get in. This is similar to the way people were dying trying to cross the desert and sea to get to Europe.

Love Trump or hate him, it is not sustainable for that number of people to come through the borders, it is just not possible and you have Democrats using the situation to score political points and win votes. The same Democrats that claimed a few months ago that there was no crisis, suddenly there is a crisis but it Trump's fault, guess what even the President of El Salvador has admitted the fault is at home and they need to resolve this at home not push it to the US.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/01/world/americas/nayib-bukele-migrant-deaths.html

To me the solution to this lies with working with the government of these countries so people are not so desperate to flee but I am wary if this will work due to the corruption in these countries. The US already gives hundreds of millions n aid yet more and more people are fleeing.

Graduateacher:
The heartless redneck in white house
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by femifemi1(m): 9:59pm On Jul 01, 2019
Rules are rules......I hope those truly responsible for the death would feel remorse, avoidable death.
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by macaranta(m): 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2019
If you allow people to freely move into any country of their choice illegally, you will not only risk overwhelming your facilities and infrastructures, there's also a whole lot of other downsides like crime, disease outbreak, etc to it. If you must migrate, go through the proper process and preserve your dignity as a human being embarassed cry
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by iDRAW(m): 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
dominique:
Their remains cry
They'll be fine
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by DavidEsq(m): 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
Graduateacher:
They are the owners of America. They are the slave traders much of whom are still farmers till date; the core racists.
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by deltateam: 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2019
dominique:

That's exactly what his family told interviewers, he actually sold his motorcycle and borrowed extra money for this trip. His wife was also in the river and watched as her husband and daughter got swept away by the currents. She's recuperating in a Texas hospital now, most likely going to be granted asylum. I wonder how she'll be feeling living the American dream her young family died for.

I thought as much but people who have enough food in their stomach would rather argue for argument sake.

No man would intentionally get drown in a river along with his new daughter except it was in a dire situation.
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Ugosample(m): 11:01pm On Jul 01, 2019
gypsey:
Absolutely!

It is not as if their lives were in danger, they were fine were they were, but decided to risk their lives trying to cross the border illegaly.

I have no sympathy for him.

How are you sure they were fine where they were....

Don't be too sure about that tho
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Ugosample(m): 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2019
Kinikini:
The West should stop the imperialist policies undermining the development of other countries. They should also aid the rectification of the selfish political boundaries imposed for political and economic benefits which are holding down those countries. The West will continue to receive unwanted migrants so long the economic gap between the rich West and other regions is not reduced.
quote author=dominique post=79846804]Very insensitive of the cartoonist but people need to stop desperately trying to migrate illegally into other countries through dangerous means. This man not only wasted his life, he wasted that of his daughter's.

Photo of the deceased man and cute daughter, the wife must be crushed right now

that's true

Imperialism is one factor to blame for this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Ugosample(m): 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2019
dominique:

That's exactly what his family told interviewers, he actually sold his motorcycle and borrowed extra money for this trip. His wife was also in the river and watched as her husband and daughter got swept away by the currents. She's recuperating in a Texas hospital now, most likely going to be granted asylum. I wonder how she'll be feeling living the American dream her young family died for.

it's a sad story

1 Like

Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Niiade(m): 11:07pm On Jul 01, 2019
dominique:
Their remains cry

That image is going to haunt me for a very very long time. I feel dead on the inside so heartbreaking.
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Ugosample(m): 11:11pm On Jul 01, 2019
ttmacoy:
It's interesting that everyone is angry at Trump for not letting them into the US illegally, but not angry at the leaders of the countries they come from. Can any of you name the Presidents of El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras without googling their names? Why do they get a pass yet everyone blames Trump? You also know what Obama also blocked them coming in, I can find you videos of him saying DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO THE BORDER, IT IS DANGEROUS AND THEY WILL BE SENT BACK.

While I sympathize, the fact is they were migrating to the US for economic reasons and the US asylum laws are not for economic reasons therefore they do not qualify. Everyone moving to the US is not the solution to the problems these countries face and the crisis at the Southern border is now so bad even people from Africa etc are now trying to use it to get in. This is similar to the way people were dying trying to cross the desert and sea to get to Europe.

Love Trump or hate him, it is not sustainable for that number of people to come through the borders, it is just not possible and you have Democrats using the situation to score political points and win votes. The same Democrats that claimed a few months ago that there was no crisis, suddenly there is a crisis but it Trump's fault, guess what even the President of El Salvador has admitted the fault is at home and they need to resolve this at home not push it to the US.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/01/world/americas/nayib-bukele-migrant-deaths.html

To me the solution to this lies with working with the government of these countries so people are not so desperate to flee but I am wary if this will work due to the corruption in these countries. The US already gives hundreds of millions n aid yet more and more people are fleeing.

some of those presidents are puppets installed by foreign corporate interests

it's very hard for an already beleaguered people to dislodge such leaders

not to talk of the coups that America has covertly supported over the decades that brought many of these wicked leaders to power e.g. Pinochet and others....

The U.S. govt is not being sincere

but then, the world is not fair

1 Like

Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Ugosample(m): 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2019
deltateam:

I thought as much but people who have enough food in their stomach would rather argue for argument sake.

No man would intentionally get drown in a river along with his new daughter except it was in a dire situation.

don't mind them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Ugosample(m): 11:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
macaranta:
If you allow people to freely move into any country of their choice illegally, you will not only risk overwhelming your facilities and infrastructures, there's also a whole lot of other downsides like crime, disease outbreak, etc to it. If you must migrate, go through the proper process and preserve your dignity as a human being embarassed cry

when you are hungry

you have no decency as a human
you do whatever

Many Nigerians who are probably living patched up lives in say Lagos or Abuja are here running their mouth and criticizing the man because they think they are enjoying life cheesy grin

Nigeria today under Buhari is at high risk of being engulfed in civil war because the fool has been reckless all through his reign

Assuming a civil war then engullfs NiggerArea, let's see if you will still be chatting from your generator powered dingy house in Lagos or Abuja or whatever,
whether you guys will not have to flee your country as well.
and become refugees elsewhere

then others will now make the same comment that you are making now (btw I'm not making specific reference to you, I'm just saying in general)

Syria once had a vibrant middle class
today million of Syrians are refugees

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by victorazyvictor(m): 11:43pm On Jul 01, 2019
Graduateacher:

Sharap
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by frozen70(f): 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2019
That was an expensive joke
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by ChidoskiBOZ(m): 12:05am On Jul 02, 2019
He's suppose to lose more dan his job....as in his head
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by iamfromlagos(f): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2019
GuestLog:
Oga! My many times have you cried for IDP camps and Killings in your country?
What a god question!
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by iamfromlagos(f): 9:04am On Jul 02, 2019
Flier:
They actually love Trump,they are just denying him in public and I wonder why everything he is doing is new to them when he is just fulfilling his campaign promises
You just spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by dominique(f): 9:07am On Jul 02, 2019
deltateam:

But he should never have taken his family on such a dangerous trip naa sad. Even those that cross the Sahara and Mediterranean cough out up to a million naira for the trip. If you can afford to gather that much money, why not use it to establish something worthwhile in your country rather than risking your life on journey of uncertainty?

Niiade:

That image is going to haunt me for a very very long time. I feel dead on the inside so heartbreaking.

To make things worse, those photos are splashed all over the net taken from different angles. Google the man's name, those haunting photos would be the first to come out. I can imagune how harrowing it must be for his loved ones
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by macaranta(m): 9:15am On Jul 02, 2019
Ugosample:

when you are hungry

you have no decency as a human
you do whatever

Many Nigerians who are probably living patched up lives in say Lagos or Abuja are here running their mouth and criticizing the man because they think they are enjoying life cheesy grin

Nigeria today under Buhari is at high risk of being engulfed in civil war because the fool has been reckless all through his reign

Assuming a civil war then engullfs NiggerArea, let's see if you will still be chatting from your generator powered dingy house in Lagos or Abuja or whatever,
whether you guys will not have to flee your country as well.
and become refugees elsewhere

then others will now make the same comment that you are making now (btw I'm not making specific reference to you, I'm just saying in general)

Syria once had a vibrant middle class
today million of Syrians are refugees

I perfectly understand your view, however in areas of conflict, my submission is not applicable. Are there full blown wars in the south American countries?
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Ugosample(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2019
macaranta:

I perfectly understand your view, however in areas of conflict, my submission is not applicable. Are there full blown wars in the south American countries?

the cartels have taken over

Violence is rife

That i can say for especially Honduras and El Salvador

a region where 40% of the boys dont live to 22 years is a region at war with itself

so I don't blame any who wants to run away
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by macaranta(m): 9:20am On Jul 02, 2019
Ugosample:

the cartels have taken over

Violence is rife

That i can say for especially Honduras and El Salvador

a region where 40% of the boys dont live to 22 years is a region at war with itself

so I don't blame any who wants to run away

Okay, then I wish them luck.
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2019
Graduateacher:
The true last patriot. One is expunging his country of strangers the other is craftilly inviting invaders, murderers and bandits. Now tell me who you would rather prefer to be governed by? Sit up!
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by IAmTobore(m): 12:20am On Jul 03, 2019
meobizy:
He can always work for that French publication.
I can’t remember the name now because Google is fucking up.

Edit: Charlie Hebdo.
Thank you, Reddit.
See name wey u go bring come.
Re: Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral by mikolo80: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2019
itsme01:
angry

If You Openly Condemn Trump for his Immigration Policies keeping Mexicans Out, and You also Dont want Fulani to own RUGA settlement in your states then you are a hypocrite.

America is a Country which is heavily indebted, and all debt was exhausted in building their infrastructures. in hope to pay back their ever rising national debt they rely solely on taxes(from working citizen) and foreign trades(sales in arms and technology),. Illegal immigrants on the other hand come in to take their jobs without paying taxes, and leaving Citizens unemployed without means of paying taxes thereby increasing their national debt

Everyone Pays taxes
VAT
Lower wages

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stormy Daniels Describes Donald Trump's Manhood, Size, Likens It To A Toad / Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.