Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,865 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki (26574 Views)

Ruga: Zamfara State Approves 300 Hectares Of Land For RUGA Settlement / Cattle Colony: Cross River Has No Land For Ruga Settlement – PANDEF Tells FG / Ruga Settlement Is To Resolve Farmer/Herder Conflicts - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2019
State Governor Godwin Obaseki says his government will not give any land for the establishment of Ruga settlement. He said his administration’s agricultural plans had nothing to do with the Ruga settlement being proposed by the Federal Government.

Obaseki, in a statement yesterday by his spokesman, Crusoe Osagie, said the state’s agricultural plans were developed long before the Ruga settlement initiative was conceived.

Obaseki said he would not cede land to anybody as “the state’s programmes as a sovereign state do not run on the back of any external entity.”

“In all the agricultural programmes being executed in the state, the safety, security and prosperity of our people are top priority and non-negotiable,” he said.

Meanwhile, the chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party has cautioned the state government not to give any land for the proposed Ruga settlement. The party chairman in the state, Dan Orbih, gave the warning in Benin yesterday. He said: “Our stand is not political. It is something about the Edo people. We had reports of people being killed, people being chased out of their farmland. It is quite disturbing and not in our culture to bring in animals to destroy farms that we labour to cultivate. “This issue of Ruga settlement can be likened to the situation where you will carry pigs from the south, to a complete Muslim community and you say you want to create a space for people who have engaged in piggery to do their farms in a Muslim community.

That is the same way it is for us in Edo State, and when you know very well it is not part of our culture. “More worrisome is the awkward silence from the governor when other governors in some states have come out to opposed to the proposed decision of the federal government to establish Ruga settlement across the country.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/no-land-for-ruga-settlement-in-edo-obaseki.html

25 Likes

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by NewsMuncher: 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2019
Way to go! cheesy

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
Obaseki is playing with fire

Has he forgotten he is an APC governor, and his state an APC state and currently at loggerhead with oshiomhole.

Secondly, there are also great population of Muslims in Edo state especially north...

I think he should accept the Ruga settlement to be in peace with buhari and APC.

3 Likes 12 Shares

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by TooMuchStuff: 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Has he forgotten he is an APC governor, and his state an APC state and currently at loggerhead with oshiomhole.

Secondly, there are also great population of Muslims in Edo state especially north...

I think he should accept the Ruga settlement to be in peace with buhari and APC.

Who told you so..? Things have changed my guy!
Can u name anywhere in Edo state that has great number of Muslims ? Can u name the elected officials from those places to know their religious leaning?

So when will Edo produce common Muslim deputy govnor with their "great number" as u claim?

Abubakar momoh of PDP was supposed to win Edo north senatorial election cos Edo is mainly PDP but being a Muslim cost him the seat. We don't do évil people in anywhere SS

245 Likes 19 Shares

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by leofab(f): 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2019
One voice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by fykes(m): 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2019
Etsako west, is predominantly Muslim but as far as I can say that's as much as they have it in edo state.
I very much love the analogy with pigs... U can't create a pig market or piggery in a Muslim community bcoz its against their culture and religion.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by OfficialAPCNig: 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2019
Good.

I am happy we the better south is 100% united on this ruga bullshitt. The SW can give their lands we don't care.

Imagine proposing 6 Ruga settlements in each state, not even 1, but 6.

That is 102 fulani's settlement in the South alone.

Buhari is really a terrorist.

265 Likes 21 Shares

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by TooMuchStuff: 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:
Good.

I am happy we the better south is 100% united on this ruga bullshitt. The SW can give their lands we don't care.

Imagine proposing 6 Ruga settlements in each state, not even 1, but 6.

That is 102 fulani's settlement in the South alone.

Buhari is really a terrorist.

Worse than a terrorist my brother ..
The boiling point of my anger against Buhari is above 2000degree C.
The dey vex me per second billing

183 Likes 14 Shares

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by fineboynl(m): 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
he was just under pressure since PDP in the state already making a big deal out from it.

although he wouldn't concede to such nonsense since the OBA and edo people are against it.

seun, lalasticlala

12 Likes

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Amatarasha(f): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
Allah bless za north edo ,
I no dey wont agree to obaseki 's request
We ar muslim we are po piss(mmamiri sheik ibn)
Allahu akbar
.hajia ibn mustapani amatarashi
Quranniqqu sect borno

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 02, 2019
Sometimes I wonder what osibanjo is doing in a so rock.

That man don't have conscience

After his tenure, how will he look his people in the eye?

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by IMASTEX: 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2019
Seconded

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2019
sassysure:
Sometimes I wonder what osibanjo is doing in a so rock.

That man don't have conscience

After his tenure, how will he look his people in the eye?
Sure, only sane and honest Nigerians know what OSINBAJO is doing in Aso rock.
Supporters of crimes, fraudsters and evil will never know.

God bless our darling President Muhammadu Buhari and his AMIABLE Vice President PROF YEMI OSINBAJO.
The men after God's heart.
We love them.

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Firefire(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2019
Next level RUGA.

You have no option.

3 Likes

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Sanromeo(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2019
Kudos to Obaseki.

Edo has rejected it
Ondo has rejected it
Ekiti has rejected it.

Is it a coincidence that the three states (Lagos, Ogun and Osun) that Tinubu is their godfather, are yet to say anything about Ruga?

We're watching!

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by driand(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2019
cool

Good I think there is enough land in Katsina and Niger states to accommodate all the herds men in this God forsaken sh!t hole, let them make use of it...

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by NOL2dworld(m): 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2019
Abeg, make Una give Buhari brothers land oo

1 Like

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Abeymills(m): 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2019
Simple as A B C

9 Likes

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by XTHRONE(m): 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2019
Say it louder, Fulani's are having ear problem

14 Likes

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Please you need to show Obaseki a good example.
Donate your village land to RUGA in the name of sai baba grin

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by HumanHairLovers(f): 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2019
Gbam...you're my brother from another mother!

Amidst all the troubles in this country this government is only interested in RUGA

If you love good hairs check my signature

10 Likes

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by happney65: 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2019
“This issue of Ruga settlement can be likened to the situation where you will carry pigs from the south, to a complete Muslim community and you say you want to create a space for people who have engaged in piggery to do their farms in a Muslim community"

I love this..

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by IMASTEX: 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2019
Juliusmalema:

At the expense of the citizens you mean. That is my state. Majority won't play politics with security of life & property.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2019
Osho baba will not like this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Benekruku(m): 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2019
In as much few to no conflicts happen in this zone, I think the gesture need not be introduced into the state.

But if Obaseki was proactive enough to foresee and continuously improve, I did will "personally" advice he buys into so as to nail open grazing.

Sentiments, religious and tribal bigotry has eaten so deep into the populace that we even tend to ignore the much benefit that out weighs the odds.

But if No, ai don't think Edo requires such. They have been with herdsmen for years without conflicts. Same scenerio applies to the South East and South South.

But for North, This should be implemented across

2 Likes

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Fuckthamods: 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2019
I don't still trust this man, see his eyes.

1 Like

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by Archangels2(m): 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2019
Better
Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by henryadex(m): 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2019
When the president and his lieutenants are on loggerheads over the sanctity of our nation it leaves much to be desired

Re: No Land For Ruga Settlement In Edo — Obaseki by DameB(f): 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2019
That land Oshiomole gave to Hausa people nko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Political Thugs Stab A Man Dead In Niger State (Disturbing Photos) / Our Lives Under Lockdown By Abuja, Lagos And Kaduna Residents / Soludo Should Return Boys Oye And Bakasi Boys In Anambra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.