Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years (28576 Views)

Progress Report Of Construction Of ESUT Permanent Site, Igbo Eno (Pictures) / UNIJOS Finally Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years - See Features / Nwankwo Florence Ngozi, University Of Jos Overall Best Graduating Student (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by craix(m): 10:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
According to Unity FM, the University of Jos management had ordered the relocation of its senate and administrative office from Main Campus to Permanent site Naraguta campus.

The Vice Chancellor of Unijos, Prof. Sebastian Maimako gave the order when unveiling the newly constructed administrative/Senate building of the University on Monday. The V.C said:

"I here by direct all administrative staff of the university to move to the permanent site immediately".

The movement agenda from the main campus to the permanent site kick started in 2010, with some faculties; Law, Engineering amongst others moving to the Permanent site.

The Senate building is to accommodate administrative staff, management staff and lectures.

The newly Senate/Administrative building is a 400 capacity building with modern facilities including an emergency exit.

The building has two committee rooms that qccomodates 30 seat each with boardroom.

It has a standby generator to provide adequate power supply in the building.

The Vice Chancellor was excited and thanked staff who contributed to the success of the project.

He pleaded with staff to handle the facilities carefully.

The Chairman of University Governing council, Chief Tony Momoh was ably represented by member of the council Dr. Philomena Mukbang.

Source: http://www.thenaijaface.com/2019/07/vc-of-unijos-unveil-newly.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by horlarleecon(m): 8:21am On Jul 03, 2019
Allahu akbar

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:21am On Jul 03, 2019
The temporary site should be converted to Ruga settlement as soon as possible.
Is Buhari not wonderful

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by Jm879316: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2019
Ftc
Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by Onyi22(f): 8:21am On Jul 03, 2019
Congratulations
Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by auditor0471: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2019
My great school, in unijos the love is pricelees

11 Likes

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by Judolisco(m): 8:21am On Jul 03, 2019
Inside life

1 Like

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by NwaJozi: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2019
Our School that year

2 Likes

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by onenaija001(m): 8:21am On Jul 03, 2019
First to comment, I deserve some Akolade na!!
Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by lushskies(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2019
Wow
Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by BabaIbo: 8:22am On Jul 03, 2019
OK seen, next
Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by ojun50(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2019
horlarleecon:
Allahu akbar
no be small tin

1 Like

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 03, 2019
Hope no herdmen there
Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by mousco(m): 8:23am On Jul 03, 2019
I was hoping to see at least a very nice school gate entrance. After 44yrs I just hope that this pic is their old site

5 Likes

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by technuel: 8:24am On Jul 03, 2019
Unijos used to be my dream University in secondary school days until I started hearing news of violence and attacks. Still love the school. Nigeria would have been a wonderful country without insecurity and bad leadership.

6 Likes

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by SocialFinance: 8:24am On Jul 03, 2019
Another breakthrough

Corruption is the reason why it takes this long.

This is another evidence fight against corruption is yielding results

Visit most of federal universities you will discover new structures springing up. If yesteryear the fund would had flied to Dubai for strategy meeting

May we not return to locust years of Damsuki, mama peace and ebora owu.

May the like of shagari, Abacha SAP criminal never cross our part again

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by NGHustlefx: 8:28am On Jul 03, 2019
Finally...hope old campus will move in too...great josite
Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by Skepticus: 8:28am On Jul 03, 2019
mousco:
I was hoping to see at least a very nice school gate entrance. After 44yrs I just hope that this pic is their old site

Yes, it is the pic of their oldsite.

Josites, gather here!

7 Likes

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by RiyaGoddess(f): 8:32am On Jul 03, 2019
Oluwatobiloba...
There's nothing new under the sun, whatever it is you are going through now, someone has gone through it or someone is going through it. Ecclesiastes 1:9

1 Like

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by horlarleecon(m): 8:35am On Jul 03, 2019
ojun50:

no be small tin
Abi now
Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by CyberEBOLA(m): 8:35am On Jul 03, 2019
The former site should be donated to herdsmen for gazing
Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by marvin906(m): 8:39am On Jul 03, 2019
horlarleecon:
Allahu akbar

boooooooooooooooom

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by Lovelyn451(f): 8:39am On Jul 03, 2019
G

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by Miracle4Sure: 8:39am On Jul 03, 2019
Good for them
Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by filleSouriante(f): 8:40am On Jul 03, 2019
onenaija001:
First to comment, I deserve some Akolade na!!

Actually, 8th to comment. You deserve a new network grin grin

2 Likes

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by aolawale025: 8:51am On Jul 03, 2019
Good. Imagine after 44 years
Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 03, 2019
Lovelyn451:
it still is a good school, I have lecturers that are graduates of unijos, even before they tell us they studied at unijos I already know theyre from the north, very disciplined and down to earth...not like those from the east and SW, very arrogant, can't even express themselves properly, be forming mumu accent...tchew
You look pretty decent for that kind of lame comment you made.. beauty without brains is useless.You pretty but try to apply your brain too before you make comments, and the sky would be your start off point..thank me later

6 Likes

Re: University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years by Pepperoniq(m): 8:57am On Jul 03, 2019
Odikwa egwu

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

No TRCN Certificate, No Teaching Job – FG / Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University / FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.