Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,443 members, 7,830,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (36877 Views)

Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. / I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by Icekeeng(m): 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
nlanded:
First go to a probate registry in any high court, request for a letter of inquiry to mandate the bank to give the deceased account balance. This can be given to one or more family members of the deceased on presentation of relevant documents.

After getting the account balance, the probate registry would issue you a letter of administration.

You bring that letter to the bank and proceed to open an estate account linked to the deceased, you or any other family member would be signatories of the account. All you need to open such an account is 5k for a probate registry search.

The funds from the deceased account would be transferred to the estate account and you/family can do whatever you want with the funds.

The bank where I work you can get all the funds within 2 weeks at most.

PS: Funny how people are talking about next of kin and all, it doesnt matter here when it comes to this, the bank doesnt give a damn who you wrote on your account details as your next of kin, all they respect is the letter of administration brought from a probate registry by any family member. Next of kin on paper is just for formalities.
Good day bro.
I sent you a pm.
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by Unrated900(m): 9:49am On Jul 08, 2019
xynerise:

Stop smoking weed

The one u smoke at shrine last week
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by Maryme89: 8:47am On Mar 04, 2020
Assuming u involved a lawyer, is it true that they also collect 5% of the estate
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by stacyadams: 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
starbuck:
NEVER should you let the bank know that your brother is dead else the money go follow your brother too to the spirit world...

If he has an ATM, try as much as you can to find out the pin and make your withdrawals...

Thank God my mom told me hers on her death bed because she too sabi bankers.. Ndị ohi and ndị uchu
...hi...my mom is late and her ATM card has expired but I know the pin..is there any way to apply for another ATM card...
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by Ishilove: 5:44am On Jun 08, 2023
stacyadams:
...hi...my mom is late and her ATM card has expired but I know the pin..is there any way to apply for another ATM card...
If it is GTB, you can process an ATM card yourself in one of their machines

1 Like

Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by ShaqFu: 6:19am On Jun 08, 2023
Ishilove:

Process an ATM card, how?
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by drmikeadams(m): 8:20am On Jun 08, 2023
Ishilove:

.its first bank
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by Ishilove: 8:29am On Jun 08, 2023
ShaqFu:
My love, even me sef never see the machine on the mainland but folks on the Island say the machine exists 🤷
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by GloriousGbola: 8:46am On Jun 08, 2023
ShaqFu:

just go up to the machine and enter your info. i have done it.got a card in less than a minute. in festac no less.
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by ShaqFu: 9:12am On Jun 08, 2023
GloriousGbola:

just go up to the machine and enter your info. i have done it.got a card in less than a minute. in festac no less.
pardon me, like the ATM machine will print the card for you? Are we talking about the regular ATM machine or a different type? I'm lost here bro. 🙏
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by GloriousGbola: 9:31am On Jun 08, 2023
ShaqFu:
pardon me, like the ATM machine will print the card for you? Are we talking about the regular ATM machine or a different type? I'm lost here bro. 🙏

Not an atm machine chief. An atm printing machine. It looks completely different. And it has a sign saying it's purpose.
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by pocohantas(f): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2023
Ishilove:

My love, even me sef never see the machine on the mainland but folks on the Island say the machine exists 🤷

It is on the mainland too. smiley

ShaqFu:

It is white. Looks like a vending machine and is positioned as a standalone, away from the ATM. Most times near the entrance where it can be plugged to a socket.

There is one at GTB Opebi. Festac branch at 301 road or something. The one I used is at Abule Egba, around Car Wash bus stop. Opposite Access Bank.

Any educated person can use it easily.

Ishilove:

I don't know how he would pull the fingerprint off, but he can try.

Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by Ishilove: 11:39am On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:

It is white. Looks like a vending machine and is positioned as a standalone, away from the ATM. Most times near the entrance where it can be plugged to a socket.

There is one at GTB Opebi. Festac 301 road or something. The one I used is at Abule Egba, around Car Wash bus stop. Opposite Access Bank.

Is that the machine? I have never seen it in any of the stalls I've been to on the mainland.
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by pocohantas(f): 11:52am On Jun 08, 2023
Ishilove:

Is that the machine? I have never seen it in any of the stalls I've been to on the mainland.

Yes, that is it. It is very possible you haven't seen it. I doubt there are up to 120 of it across GTB branches nationwide.
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by ShaqFu: 5:03pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:

There is one at GTB Opebi. Festac branch at 301 road or something. The one I used is at Abule Egba, around Car Wash bus stop. Opposite Access Bank.

Thank you.
GloriousGbola:

Not an atm machine chief. An atm printing machine. It looks completely different. And it has a sign saying it's purpose.
thanks for the info bro. 👍
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by stacyadams: 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2023
pocohantas:

..this ATM printing machine fine o.be like na new technology for naija
Re: How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? by stacyadams: 2:30pm On Jan 17
starbuck:
NEVER should you let the bank know that your brother is dead else the money go follow your brother too to the spirit world...

If he has an ATM, try as much as you can to find out the pin and make your withdrawals...

Thank God my mom told me hers on her death bed because she too sabi bankers.. Ndị ohi and ndị uchu

If the ATM card come expire nko....how I go Renew am kwanu?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Late Alao Akala Dancing On His Last Birthday (Video) / #PumPumChallenge: Video Of A Little Baby Girl Twerking Goes Viral (Photos) / Incredible! Read The Best Divorce Letter I Have Seen Exchanged By A Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.