Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,659 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader (19886 Views)

I Will Support You - Governor Umahi Congratulates Tinubu / Umahi Congratulates Nigerians As Super Eagles Blbeat Guinea To Qualify For Round / Minority Leader, Senator Akpabio Visits President Buhari In London (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by IamHeWrites: 8:38am On Jul 05, 2019
Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, has congratulated Ndudi Elumelu of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on his emergence as the minority leader of the House of Representatives, Igbere TV reports.

Ndudi is the brother to entrepreneur and philanthropist, Tony Elumelu.

Umahi, in a statement by his chief press secretary, Emmanuel Uzor, made available to Igbere TV on Thursday, also congratulated other members of the House who emerged as principal officers.

Drama had ensued at the lower chambers on Wednesday as lawmakers struggled to grab the mace after Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila defied the PDP by naming Mr Elumelu as the House Minority Leader despite PDP choosing Kingsley Chinda for the position.

The speaker said the decision to announce Elumelu as minority leader was based on an agreement by several minority parties which PDP is only a part of.

Umahi said the emergence of the officers was commendable and wished the newly elected principal officers well in their new assignments.

“The unity and progress of Nigeria are bigger than any personal, political or religious interests.

“I call on the leadership of the National Assembly to work for Nigeria instead of Nigeria working for them,” he said.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/818242/gov-umahi-congratulates-elumelu-for-emerging-minority-leader/

5 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Kingosytex(m): 8:45am On Jul 05, 2019
That is the people's governor!!

Akubaraoha the able and amiable governor of Ebonyi State--The Salt Of The Nation

Tuale For My Governor!!!

24 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Jobac: 8:47am On Jul 05, 2019
Gov. Dave Umahi is a true Nigerian. God bless you, sir. Why can't all Igbo people emulate this great man? Afonja matter no go let Igbo people rest. We are causing them sleepless night. Nigeria is a great country, with or without Igbo people, Nigeria is moving forward.

13 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 05, 2019
Imagine what Umahi is doing?

Seriously Umahi is working against pdp.....this is a fact that cannot be disputed.

He worked against Atiku and Obi in favour of Buhari in the last concluded presidential election..

Even when Pdp. NWC has summoned Elumelu and others to answer for their actions, Umahi has ran to congratulate the same person.

So is now clear this man is pdp at day, apc at night.

Again for better igbo representation SE governors should look for another replacement for the chairman of SE gov forum.

This hausa fulani governor in Ebonyi state is not right in anyway to occupy that seat.

Party decision must be adhered to. A sound mind should coondemn what gbajabiamila did as wike condemned it before any congratulations.

Umahi is a bloody hypocrite. What do I know...no be Aba......again.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 05, 2019
Jobac:
Gov. Dave Umahi is a true Nigerian. God bless you, sir. Why can't all Igbo people emulate this great man? Afonja matter no go let Igbo people rest. We are causing them sleepless night. Nigeria is a great country, with or without Igbo people, Nigeria is moving forward.

Umahi is right a ngerian not an Igbo man.

I agree.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 05, 2019
So, na dem dey put fire for the matter

1 Like

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by helinues: 8:56am On Jul 05, 2019
So Dave is in pure supports of Elumelu?? Big trouble loading in Pdp

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by helinues: 8:57am On Jul 05, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Seriously Umahi is working against pdp.....this is a fact that cannot be disputed.

He worked against Atiku and Obi in favour of Buhari in the last concluded presidential election..

Even when Pdp. NWC has summoned Elumelu and others to answer for their actions, Umahi has ran to congratulate the same person.

Again for better igbo representation SE governors should look for another replacement for the chairman of SE gov forum.

This hausa fulani governor in Ebonyi state is not right in anyway to occupy that seat.

Party decision must be adhered to. A sound mind should coondemn what gbajabiamila did as wike condemned it before any congratulations.

How can one hates his brethren with so much passions?

16 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 05, 2019
helinues:

I don't play nairaland game or ethnic sentiments as you do.

You can continue with your fellow yorubas with ur ethnic card.

I don't support evil.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by helinues: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2019
Juliusmalema:

I don't play nairaland game or ethnic sentiments as you do.

You can continue with your fellow yorubas with ur ethnic card.

I don't support evil.

Hahahahah.. Are you one, I never mentioned names now.. Or are you feeling guilty already?

10 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 05, 2019
helinues:

Hahahahah.. Are you one, I never mentioned names now.. Or are you feeling guilty already?

Awolowo, gbajabiamila no difference.

So if you think people are like u guys, u need think again.

We condemn evil as we see it.

Finally guilty or not guilty lies in who have time to think about such.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by SouthEastFacts: 9:34am On Jul 05, 2019
helinues:

The guy you quoted is Osagyefo98 and he is from Edo.

6 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by helinues: 9:35am On Jul 05, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Awolowo, gbajabiamila no difference.

So if you think people are like u guys, u need think again.

We condemn evil as we see it.

Finally guilty or not guilty lies in who have time to think about such.

grin

The guilty runneth even when not pursueth

9 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by helinues: 9:35am On Jul 05, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

The guy you quoted is Osagyefo98 and he is from Edo.

How are we sure he is even a Nigerian?

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 05, 2019
helinues:

grin

The guilty runneth even when not pursueth

Alright.

Next am not u or your people, I don't play that.
Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by abu12: 9:37am On Jul 05, 2019
good one,rivers state governor cannot be deciding or controlin pdp alone. He need to consult other pdp governors

7 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Menance: 9:44am On Jul 05, 2019
Igbo amaka
Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by donny001: 9:46am On Jul 05, 2019
congrat...
Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by HumanHairLovers(f): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2019
Congrats!

If it leads our dear country forward.

For hairs or wigs in wholesale check my signature
Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by nairavsdollars(f): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2019
PDP fighting over ordinary Minority Leader..what a shame

5 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Jobac: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2019
Juliusmalema:

I may not support Igbo people based on our political difference, but I doubt if you are an Igbo man. No Igbo man either APC or PDP member would write what you posted here. Igbo people can be anything, but they will never call another Igbo man Hausa. All the same, like him or not, I am well pleased with Gov. Dave Umahi.

14 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 05, 2019
Good. Why are you people like this? That's why politically you are not matured. Who told you PDP is the only opposition party at the national assembly? Why forcing chinda on everyone without due consultations? Chinda wanted to bring rivers dirty politics to national level but he was tamed by his fellow guys. When did elumelu elected first into the house and when was chinda too?. There is a constitution that allows seniority for a post like that and they followed it. If not, don't you think the rest oppostion wouldnt have caused more trouble and fight hard against the speaker in one voice. All other party needs to be carried along. Rivers state rascal will be tamed more than what he wanted.
But you people always sentimental and emotional when things you are ignorant about go against your people. By the way , wiik is more of traitor than this man. He went against party choice too to support gbaja and he was the first person to cry out loud that the members that booted for opposition should be punished. Cunny man dies cunny man buries him

Juliusmalema:

8 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Lagosfinder(m): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2019
This all to contain wike hold on the party

we handle house hunting needs for persons around Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 05, 2019
Juliusmalema:

APC schooling dem since 1700.

7 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by kingzizzy: 9:53am On Jul 05, 2019
Ndudi Elumelu is an Igbo man
Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by OtitoOnly(m): 9:54am On Jul 05, 2019
Sorry PDP
IamHeWrites:
Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, has congratulated Ndudi Elumelu of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on his emergence as the minority leader of the House of Representatives, Igbere TV reports.

Ndudi is the brother to entrepreneur and philanthropist, Tony Elumelu.

Umahi, in a statement by his chief press secretary, Emmanuel Uzor, made available to Igbere TV on Thursday, also congratulated other members of the House who emerged as principal officers.

Drama had ensued at the lower chambers on Wednesday as lawmakers struggled to grab the mace after Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila defied the PDP by naming Mr Elumelu as the House Minority Leader despite PDP choosing Kingsley Chinda for the position.

The speaker said the decision to announce Elumelu as minority leader was based on an agreement by several minority parties which PDP is only a part of.

Umahi said the emergence of the officers was commendable and wished the newly elected principal officers well in their new assignments.

“The unity and progress of Nigeria are bigger than any personal, political or religious interests.

“I call on the leadership of the National Assembly to work for Nigeria instead of Nigeria working for them,” he said.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/818242/gov-umahi-congratulates-elumelu-for-emerging-minority-leader/

Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Bizibi(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2019
Is this true?
Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by slivertongue: 9:56am On Jul 05, 2019
LANDMINE... HOPE UMAHI WONT DENY EVER MAKING SURE STATEMENT
Re: Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2019
Juliusmalema:

why not get a sniper and end your worries?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Announces Partial Closure Of Marine Beach For Repairs / Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress / Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.