Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol (19883 Views)

BREAKING!!! Ebonyi State Governor Bans Vanguard and Sun Reporters In Ebonyi Govt / Delta State To Ban Cow Meat Sale And Consumption / Army Bans Sale Of Petroleum Products In Jerry Cans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Johnnyessence(m): 3:32am On Mar 14, 2018
Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State has signed a bill prohibiting production, sale, and consumption of alcohol in certain areas.
Ahmed gave his assent to the Ilorin Township (Prohibition Against the Production, Sale, and Consumption of Liquor in Certain Areas) Law, 2018, as passed by the Kwara State House of Assembly.
Under the law, no person will be allowed to produce, sell, store or openly consume alcohol within specified areas in the metropolis. The bill stipulates that any person who contravenes the provision of this law shall be guilty of an offense and liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding N100, 000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or both. https://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2018/03/kwara-state-governor-bans-sale-and.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Johnnyessence(m): 3:35am On Mar 14, 2018
it's so so unfortunate that sharia law has now become effective in kwara state. so so pathetic. well the drunkard will have to find another means now. with this development, the igr of the state will continue to reduced.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Blue3k(m): 3:36am On Mar 14, 2018
What certain places?

Ahmed gave his assent to the Ilorin Township (Prohibition Against the Production, Sale, and Consumption of Liquor in Certain Areas) Law, 2018, as passed by the Kwara State House of Assembly.

7 Likes

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Johnnyessence(m): 3:37am On Mar 14, 2018
the drunkards should protest on this ban. that's the reason why the south west states will never accept sharia law. it's a taboo in Yoruba state.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by sarrki(m): 3:43am On Mar 14, 2018
Johnnyessence:
the drunkards should protest on this ban. that's the reason why the south west states will never accept sharia law. it's a taboo in Yoruba state.

If you are not a drunkard , why are you crying more than the bereaved ?

Your reporting is half truth

They banned it in some locations.

The truth people chose the life they want to live

If you can't then waka

You can't force people to live your own way

23 Likes

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by sarrki(m): 3:45am On Mar 14, 2018
Blue3k:
What certain places?

That should be the main city

Dominated predominantly by the indigenes

The Oloje,Alore,pakata,Ajimobi,ita olorun oje, kuntu,okekere, ode afa NDA, ojagboro,baboko,ita kurumo and so on and on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Johnnyessence(m): 3:47am On Mar 14, 2018
sarrki:

The Oloje,Alore,pakata,Ajimobi,ita olorun oje, kuntu,okekere, ode afa NDA, ojagboro,baboko,ita kurumo and so on and on
point of correction, it is Ajikobi ward and not Ajimobi.

4 Likes

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by sarrki(m): 3:52am On Mar 14, 2018
Johnnyessence:
point of correction, it is Ajikobi ward and not Ajimobi.

I know better Mr man

It was a typo error

Stop spreading half baked news

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Blue3k(m): 3:55am On Mar 14, 2018
sarrki:

Good on you. Wish the journalist added more details to this story.

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Johnnyessence(m): 3:57am On Mar 14, 2018
sarrki:

I know better Mr man

It was a typo error

Stop spreading half baked news
it is paining you Mr. clueless pmb supporter. tell me the importance of sharia court and what it has do in bringing lasting solution to poverty in the land. is it not the same states where all these court are established, that's now breeding herdsmen terrorists and Boko Haram terrorists. it even breed high level of illiterates in our society. tell me more pay per Post Master.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by sarrki(m): 3:58am On Mar 14, 2018
Blue3k:

Good on you. Wish the journalist added more details to this story.

Yes boss

They are always in a rush to create tension and animosity among the citizenry

That's why am in support of the hate speech bill

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by sarrki(m): 4:02am On Mar 14, 2018
Johnnyessence:
it is paining you Mr. clueless pmb supporter. tell me the importance of sharia court and what it has do in bringing lasting solution to poverty in the land. is it not the same states where all these court are established, that's now breeding herdsmen terrorists and Boko Haram terrorists. it even breed high level of illiterates in our society. tell me more pay per Post Master.

I hardly deal with religious bigots

But I will take time and educate you

Coz you lack sense if reasoning to understand

Religion is not the problem but bigots that have same reasoning and understanding like y..u do

The Yoruba's have Christian and Muslim

Tell me are they terrorist ?

Do they kill?

So religion is different from culture and upbringing

Don't sit down and feel may be your religion is the best

It harbor hatred and breed fanaticism

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Johnnyessence(m): 4:02am On Mar 14, 2018
sarrki:

Yes boss

They are always in a rush to create tension and animosity among the citizenry

That's why am in support of the hate speech bill
lol see this pay per post master, please am asking, who are those that is instigating the hate speech most. you have failed woefully in defending your clueless leader. not only that, you split the hate speech most. you refused to handle it wisdom.

26 Likes

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Johnnyessence(m): 4:04am On Mar 14, 2018
sarrki:

I hardly deal with religious bigots

But I will take time and educate you

Coz you lack sense if reasoning to understand

Religion is not the problem but bigots that have same reasoning and understanding like y..u do

The Yoruba's have Christian and Muslim

Tell me are they terrorist ?

Do they kill?

So religion is different from culture and upbringing

Don't sit down and feel may be your religion is the best

It harbor hatred and breed fanaticism
get it Straight to your skull again that Yorubas will never accept the useless sharia court that keeps on breeding clueless and terrorists.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 14, 2018
keep spreading lies
Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Johnnyessence(m): 4:15am On Mar 14, 2018
sarrki:

Keep quiet

You lack basic sense of reasoning

PDP and online miscreants will not rule this country again
with the failure of your party for close to 3 years now, sorry pdp will rule this country at the center and there's nothing you will do about it. Infact your pay per post fee will be stop.

14 Likes

Re: Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol by Johnnyessence(m): 4:20am On Mar 14, 2018
sarrki:

You are from the north

Yeah geographically

Its either you are from kogi or Kwara Am sure of that.

Yoruba's I mean omoluabis don't discuss religion
yorubas are more enlightened and educated about the evil Islamic sharia law. what has the law done to the people of the north? is it not the same northern states where abusive of drugs are paramount? is it not the northern states where the youths preferred to take up arms and ammunition in order to cause more violence in the state. shittes masacre can never be forgotten. sharia law has never be helpful in our society.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will Atiku Still Be Travelling To The US By End Of November? / Gov. Umahi Congratulates Elumelu For Emerging Minority Leader / Lagos Announces Partial Closure Of Marine Beach For Repairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.