Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos (12371 Views)

FIRS: Garba Shehu Reveals Why Fowler Was Not Reappointed / Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister / Why Buhari Reappointed Emefiele As CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by Islie: 8:19am On Jul 06, 2019
ABUJA – President Muhammadu Buhari pulled a surprise on Friday, approving the re-appointment of Boss Mustapha as Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), and Malam Abba Kyari as his Chief of Staff (COS) respectfully.

A terse statement by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President, whose fate still lies on the brim, stated that both appointments took effect from May 29, 2019, same date the President was inaugurated for a second term of office.

The statement read, “President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the re-appointment of Boss Mustapha as Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), and Malam Abba Kyari as Chief of Staff (COS) to the President. Both appointments take effect from May 29, 2019.”

Prior to these appointments, there were speculations that the President might settle for either the former Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu or the former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami as his Chief of Staff.

Credible sources within the presidency had also predicted that either of the two men will get the appointment because of their close affinity with the President. There were also indications that the President may relieve Kyari of his appointment because of his age and the constraints associated with the office of chief of staff.

Both Mustapha and Kyari have continued in office despite the expiration of Buhari’s first tenure.

Their appointment is the second he would make since his swearing in on May 29th.

President Buhari on Wednesday made his first appointment one month after he was sworn-in.

He had appointed Sunday Aghaeze and Bayo Omoboriowo as his Personal Assistants in charge of Photography.

Mustapha, who succeeded Babachir Lawal, in the wake of corruption allegations leveled against him, is believed to be in the good books of the presidency and the ruling All Progressives Congress, especially with the way and manner he has gone about coordinating the affairs of government seamlessly, since his appointment on October 30th, 2017.

Prior to now, the President had been facing criticism for delays in appointing key officers that would assist him in his second term.

The SGF who has been functioning in the same capacity had hinged the delays associated with appointing cabinet members on the National Assembly, although the National Assembly resumed on July 2nd, the presidency is yet to forward the ministerial lists to the Senate leadership for confirmation.

Buhari also re-appointed other personal staff, which includes Mohammed Sarki Abba – Senior Special Assistant to the President (Household and Social Events), Ya’u Shehu Darazo – Senior Special Assistant to the President (Special Duties), Dr Suhayb Sanusi Rafindadi – Personal Physician to the President and Amb. Lawal A. Kazaure – State Chief of Protocol.

Others are Sabiu Yusuf – Special Assistant (Office of the President), Saley Yuguda – Special Assistant (House Keeping), Ahmed Muhammed Mayo – Special Assistant (Finance & Administration), Mohammed Hamisu Sani – Special Assistant (Special Duties), Friday Bethel – Personal Assistant (General Duties)

All the appointments take effect from May 29, 2019.

https://www.independent.ng/why-buhari-reappointed-mustapha-sgf-kyari-cos/
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 06, 2019
The cabals are retained. That is to tell you that buhari is jubril.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by Teewhy2: 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2019
somebody that didn't change any of his cabinet members in 4 years how do you expect him to change them in the new dispensation. when he release the ministerial list 60- 70% will still be old cabinet members.

Do you have a space (supermarket, Shops, Hospital, Restaurants, Hotel, Home & room e.t.c)and its important to keep away from dust, or isolates the noise or air conditioning? This is the perfect product for you.
The Magnetic PVC curtains fits both outdoor and indoor space.

Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by Reemshortt: 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2019
I stand with these appointments
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by Miracle4Sure: 12:17pm On Jul 06, 2019
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by festacman(m): 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2019
I rushed to click on this post thinking it was a scoop. I used MICROSCOPE to search for "why Buhari reappointed Mustapha SGF and Kyari COS" till my eyes became painful but walahi I did not find any newsworthy reason as the heading of the post SCREAMED except that they were reappointed because did what they were supposed to do. #Alarmist

Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by lordparcel: 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2019
Kyari has Buhari's nudes
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by idonhammer: 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2019
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by Ngwamankillyou(m): 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
For me Jonathan is still the president of Nigeria as I don't recognise any Muslim president including buhari.
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by Iyajelili(f): 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
It was expected so no need explaining
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
His choice.
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by idonhammer: 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2019
That one concern una,I can't do without my cabals.

Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by SocialJustice: 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2019
I didn't see the reason they were reappointed o. What sort of funny news reporting is this?

Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by DonHummer(m): 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2019
or they reappointed themselves
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 06, 2019
Like he owes us an explanation undecided
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by Ewedegubbler: 12:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
The right headline should have been “Why Kyari and boss mustapha reappointed themselves..
If you know you know
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by adem30: 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
Pls who noticed the writeup does not match the topic?

The topic is WHY Mustapha and kyari were appointed.

But the write was just telling us that Mustapha and Kyari were appointed
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by madridsta007(m): 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2019
comshots:
The cabals are retained. That is to tell you that buhari is jubril.

Not sure any reasonable and honest person was expecting anything different tbh.
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by densiks: 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2019
festacman:
I used MICROSCOPE to search for "why Buhari reappointed Mustapha SGF and Kyari COS" till my eyes became painful but walahi I did not find any newsworthy reason as the heading of the post SCREAMED except that they were reappointed because did what they were supposed to do. Poor!

Hahaha,Same here bro;

Local man is not pleased embarassed
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by Firefire(m): 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2019
Nothing good should ever be expected with those fraudulent element still in Aso Rock.

Next level expected change now CONFIRMED CHAIN-GE!
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by Bizibi(m): 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2019
As if we give a damn....
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by kratos12345: 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2019
There is nothing in Buhari skin abi system that makes him any human. No normal leader with absolute human blood running in him that will reappoint these people especially Abba Kyri. To make issues worse, protest was carried out very recently. I mean very very recently such that any human should think over it before taking decision. I regret being the same country with these category of persons.

Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by kratos12345: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2019
There is nothing in Buhari skin abi system that makes him any human. No normal leader with absolute human blood running in him that will reappoint these people especially Abba Kyri. To make issues worse, protest was carried out very recently. I mean very very recently such that any human should think over it before taking decision. I regret being the same country with these category of persons........ I give up in this shit hole
Re: Why Buhari Reappointed Mustapha SGF, Kyari Cos by ruggedtimi(m): 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
Both men simply re-appointmented themselves.

INEC Suspends Voter Registration In Ihitte Uboma, Imo After Attack / Lagos PDP Asks Court To Kick Out Sanwo-olu, APC Candidates / The Igbo And Yoruba Relationship - By Niger Delta Congress