Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,070 members, 7,814,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister (26911 Views)

FIRS: Garba Shehu Reveals Why Fowler Was Not Reappointed / Nigerians React To APC Disqualification Of Adebayo Shittu / Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by Ctorch: 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
Adebayo Shittu, the immediate-past Minister of Communication, said that he was shocked when his name was not included in President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministerial list.

Mr Shittu, who made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja, said although he did not expect that he would not be reappointed, as a Muslim, he took it as his fate.

The ex-minister said: “I took it the way it came.”

NAN reports that Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, had, on July 23, read out the names of 43 ministerial nominees sent by President Buhari to the lawmakers for confirmation at the upper house.

While the list contained 14 former ministers, 29 new names and seven females, 18 ex-ministers did not make the list, including Mr Shittu.

“Of course, I expected that I will be reappointed (as a minister) but when it didn’t happen, as a Muslim, it didn’t take me five minutes before I accepted that what has come, it’s the will of God.

“And I have also found comfort in a Quranic verse when God promised that what is to come later is better than what is with you now.

“So for me, it says we must accept that there is always something better with God which he gives to his beloved.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/348522-i-was-shocked-not-to-be-reappointed-minister-adebayo-shittu.html?fbclid=IwAR3rmQLDctp4kQZDtQOiLLuV07WhzO1d6UUifi5PxtRy9xYzJpv1DxczKZM

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
Good morning sir

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by Simplyleo: 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2019

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by Blue3k(m): 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
You didnt bother doing NYSC but felt you deserved an appointment anyway. Just be happy the Nigerian vetting system is theater. Nobody really checks creditials hence why your ilk slides through.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by chiefolododo(m): 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
Hmmm

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by MetaPhysical: 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2019
So why comment to us about a will God imposed for your fate?

What are we to do now....? How is your fate our business? grin grin.

This is same man that made caps with "reelect Buhari" and handed out at FEC meeting when Buhari had not even intended a return. Bloody slave! grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by hisexcellency34: 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
shock kee you there sir

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by abdulazeez1002(m): 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
You simply didn't lobby well.

Metaphysical why must you quote the whole story?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by bastardmod: 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
Useless ass licking bastard. Go and do your nysc, or better still face your possible jail time

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by nicepoker101(m): 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2019
We practice presidential system of government. Why do we have ministers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by naijacentric(m): 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2019
Yeye man who made mobile network operators brutal to Nigerians. You still get mouth they talk abi!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by HenryChinedu30(m): 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
story for the gods

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by kayusely70(m): 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
You were not reappointed because you skipped NYSC scheme. Have you paid your aides you owed salaries?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by Deemas(m): 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
No be only shocked na electrocuted.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by F3dan: 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
Chai.

Check my signature for a brand new ipad at affordable price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by F117nighthawk: 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
Can this man tell us his achievements in 3 and half years he was a minister? I didn't even notice anything done by him and yet he want a reappointment? Which kind country be this sef

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by comradewanle(m): 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2019
Who you help when you were a minister?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by MetaPhysical: 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
You simply didn't lobby well.

Metaphysical why must you quote the whole story?

grin
My brother abeg forgive me jare, i no go do am again. That guy na one ara oko. He no see front at all. He is in same class with that yeye Prof. Akintola. Every small chance na to quote his faith. That kind person is dangerous for Yoruba.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by Orange89: 11:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
Clearly shows that he views his appointment as a blessing and a means of financial breakthrough rather than a call to serve

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by Hadone(m): 12:11am On Aug 26, 2019
Is ok, but you misbehaved a lot while in the office sir

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by Flyingngel(m): 7:07am On Aug 26, 2019
Hahahaha, i no fit shout. Those Mafia give am upper cut.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by iCauseTrouble: 9:10am On Aug 26, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by udemzyudex(m): 9:11am On Aug 26, 2019
Shock? Keep lying to yourself. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by LibertyRep: 9:11am On Aug 26, 2019
To even think he was the first to wear the reelection campaign cap to the FEC meeting, Mr. Shittu should be shocked truly.

A lot of Nigerians would however have been shocked if he were to be renominated considering his non participation in the NYSC

Mr. Shittu should consider himself lucky to have escaped prosecution instead.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by abraham324: 9:11am On Aug 26, 2019
Is because of ur bad doings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by chinavs9ja(m): 9:11am On Aug 26, 2019
Hmm...deep

I am a professional website designer...I will design your business website for you...check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by Freemanbobble: 9:11am On Aug 26, 2019
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by Gangster1ms: 9:12am On Aug 26, 2019
Or you were shocked your looting spree was halted all of sudden after you have made plans for future acquisitions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by Incandescent(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2019
Nobody felt your presence & so your absence doesn't matter to us.

Was it not this same airhead insulting Sowore the other day in a radio station, calling him a nobody?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister by MuttleyLaff: 9:13am On Aug 26, 2019
Ctorch:
Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister
[img]https://s3/images/MuttleyManicalHilarious.gif[/img]
Sowore right now reading this at DSS

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Probe North-East Commission As "N100bn Vanishes In One Year" / Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) / Bukola Saraki Mobbed By Women In Kwara - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.