Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 (37902 Views)

I Want To Sell My Infiniti G35 2008 Model Asap / My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep / Advise On Buying A Nigerian Used Infiniti G35 (2004) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by banky3w(m): 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2020
From findings, Hp difference is almost negligible and the Lexus torque can even be achieved at a lower torque than th G35. Maybe weight was the contributing factor to the slower Lexus.
First pics G35
Second pics GS350

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
banky3w:

Well, I don’t think a 0.02 is much of a headache. While both of them are luxury performance cars, I think the g35 is more inclined towards the performance end while the Lexus still wanna be a Lexus as in the luxury end while still adding performance. Thanks for the insight though.
0.3s.

No doubt. The difference between the GS350 and G35 in terms of luxury is bigger than the difference in performance.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:12pm On Jun 25, 2020
banky3w:
From findings, Hp difference is almost negligible and the Lexus torque can even be achieved at a lower torque than th G35. Maybe weight was the contributing factor to the slower Lexus.
First pics G35
Second pics GS350

The G35 is built to be revved out, that's why it's a performance car. Redline is at 7500 rpm. The GS redlines at 6500 rpm. At 5500 rpm, the G35 is just starting to deliver peak torque, while the GS is already running out of steam.

G is better for spirited driving, the GS is better as a cruiser.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
banky3w:
Guys, do you think the 2008 Infiniti G35 will give the 2008 Lexus GS 350 headache on the road?
Nurey
King406
Heavenlybang
the top end of VQ engineS is something to behold. You need to understand their characteristics to get the most out of them. G35 will surely gap the GS. After spending so much time with my G37, i think i can actually outrun a 335i. Just hold the engine at 5000rpm at all times, and they’ll literally be head to head if not the G gapping the 335 by at least a car length.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
The G got hit today cry

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:40pm On Jun 25, 2020
king406:
The G got hit today cry
chai sorry boss I Knw hw u feel.I've gotten hit twice on my both my fenders and I've put it up fr a sale despite respraying it,doesn't look appealing anymore because of shoody jobs
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
Aaaaarghmed:
chai sorry boss I Knw hw u feel.I've gotten hit twice on my both my fenders and I've put it up fr a sale despite respraying it,doesn't look appealing anymore because of shoody jobs

Fenders always have to be replaced, never panel-beaten.

king406:
The G got hit today cry

Sorry, bruv.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2020
Aaaaarghmed:
thanks sir. at times like these, i just thank God nobody was injured
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
[quote author=HeavenlyBang post=91067926

Sorry, bruv. [/quote]Thanks bro
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Philadelphia: 9:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
Aaaaarghmed:

What car is yours that was hit?
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
My wife's G35x

cool

3 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by dannybrasky(m): 7:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
kingreign:
My wife's G35x

cool
Sweeeeeeeeet.
cool

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
kingreign:
My wife's G35x

cool

Snow white.

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by alphaNomega: 4:52am On Jun 27, 2020
kingreign:
My wife's G35x

cool
This model is the ugly one

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 7:46am On Jun 27, 2020
alphaNomega:
This model is the ugly one
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!
She actually chose this over other options.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 27, 2020
kingreign:
My wife's G35x

cool

Sweet. cool

The only colour I'll consider if I'm buying one.

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by alphaNomega: 1:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
kingreign:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!
She actually chose this over other options.
No way she would choose that over a G37 unless you gave her really bad choices or she has a poor taste in cars

5 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 9:14am On Jun 29, 2020
alphaNomega:
No way she would choose that over a G37 unless you gave her really bad choices or she has a poor taste in cars
She's in love with the colour. Why you wanna swallow panadol over my wife's choice of a car?

6 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by alphaNomega: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2020
kingreign:

She's in love with the colour. Why you wanna swallow panadol over my wife's choice of a car?
How cute smiley
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by anyibig: 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Headache? It's faster.
All numbers from Motortrend. First is the G35, second is GS350, third is IS350.

The G35 has more power, is lighter, quicker to 60 MPH, faster in the 1/4 mile and with a higher trap speed. That essentially means that even if they race for 10km, the G will still always be ahead.

It's the IS350 that matches the G35, and even then still loses in the high end due to how the VQ's powerband is.

The G is the better performance car. Better braking, better grip and lateral acceleration, better handling.
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/infiniti/g35/2007/2007-infiniti-g35-s-verdict/
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/lexus/is350/2006/2006-lexus-is350/
https://www.motortrend.com/news/by-the-numbers-1998-2013-lexus-gs-161663/

Good day sir, sorry to bother you, but I will need your help to analyse my car please. I bought a 2004 toyota corolla on May, I have changed the oil and oil filter with 5w-30 synthetic oil. But I'm concerned about my fuel consumption, my full takes me 260miles at most, sometimes 240miles. According to what I read online, at least I should be getting 400miles on full tank. I've no check engine light on. The last time my check engine light came on, it was a p0440 code 'evap small leakage'. My mechanic change the engine air filter pipe and cleared the code. The code never came back on again. Please, what do you think about my car fuel consumption. Thanks
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:32am On Jul 03, 2020
anyibig:

Good day sir, sorry to bother you, but I will need your help to analyse my car please. I bought a 2004 toyota corolla on May, I have changed the oil and oil filter with 5w-30 synthetic oil. But I'm concerned about my fuel consumption, my full takes me 260miles at most, sometimes 240miles. According to what I read online, at least I should be getting 400miles on full tank. I've no check engine light on. The last time my check engine light came on, it was a p0440 code 'evap small leakage'. My mechanic change the engine air filter pipe and cleared the code. The code never came back on again. Please, what do you think about my car fuel consumption. Thanks

That's poor economy for a Corolla. There are plenty possible reasons for that, though.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Eddee(m): 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That's poor economy for a Corolla. There are plenty possible reasons for that, though.

240 miles is approximately 390 kms for a 50 litre tank or thereabout? I usually average 440-450 for an 09 Corolla. I don't see plenty wrong with his fuel consumption for an older car especially if he uses AC always for his city runs.

Besides I'll kill to average that 390 kms City driving for a 72 litre Charger with no codes and problems. Currently I can only achieve 410-430 on highway driving before the reserve light comes on. And at the very best 320 city driving before the yellow light blinks.

Make him no follow wetin oyinbo write, even an IS 250 i occasionally drive struggles to do 340km city driving on a full tank.

In other news, I dey do one DIY with my ol' boy now. We don pause, dey watch YouTube first. grin grin No mind the riced floor mats and steering wheel, the cost between dis one and the normal ones bin no plenty - E be things!

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
Eddee:

240 miles is approximately 390 kms for a 50 litre tank or thereabout? I usually average 440-450 for an 09 Corolla. I don't see plenty wrong with his fuel consumption for an older car especially if he uses AC always for his city runs.

Besides I'll kill to average that 390 kms City driving for a 72 litre Charger with no codes and problems. Currently I can only achieve 410-430 on highway driving before the reserve light comes on. And at the very best 320 city driving before the yellow light blinks.

Make him no follow wetin oyinbo write, even an IS 250 i occasionally drive struggles to do 340km city driving on a full tank.

In other news, I dey do one DIY with my ol' boy now. We don pause, dey watch YouTube first. grin grin No mind the riced floor mats and steering wheel, the cost between dis one and the normal ones bin no plenty - E be things!

Hmm, a Corolla really shouldn't be getting under 25mpg combined, I'd say. With a 13.2 gallon tank, that's about 320 miles range.

Wetin you dey try do? Paddle shifters? Steering angle sensor?
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Eddee(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Hmm, a Corolla really shouldn't be getting under 25mpg combined, I'd say. With a 13.2 gallon tank, that's about 320 miles range.

Wetin you dey try do? Paddle shifters? Steering angle sensor?

Hit a pothole while flashing my high beams at an oncoming vehicle on my way to Calabar from Makurdi early last week, I think the impact broke my stalk and the high beams have been on permanently since then. Once I turn on the vehicle they stay on, till I turn off the ignition. So, I hit up oluwaseunla and he provided the replacement parts, you should try him!

E be like na here we go stop the work today, alcohol and food don dey enter our makeshift workshop. We don use 5 days change just 4 common wheel sensors before.

3 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2020
Eddee:

Hit a pothole while flashing my high beams at an oncoming vehicle on my way to Calabar from Makurdi early last week, I think the impact broke my stalk and the high beams have been on permanently since then. Once I turn on the vehicle they stay on, till I turn off the ignition. So, I hit up oluwaseunla and he provided the replacement parts, you should try him!

E be like na here we go stop the work today , alcohol and food don dey enter our makeshift workshop. We don use 5 days change just 4 common wheel sensors before.
After you finish the work, go comot that front and back axle and engine and gear box from that language cruiser wey dey that corner. cheesy
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
Eddee:

E be like na here we go stop the work today, alcohol and food don dey enter our makeshift workshop. We don use 5 days change just 4 common wheel sensors before.

Lmao. Na enjoyment cause am.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Eddee(m): 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2020
kingreign:

After you finish the work, go comot that front and back axle and engine and gear box from that language cruiser wey dey that corner. cheesy

We no get that kind capacity grin grin

HeavenlyBang:

Lmao. Na enjoyment cause am.

My papa na dat kind man, once him don hang boots e don finish for that day grin

2 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2020
After some gentle highway driving, i filled up my tank and distance to empty was 441 miles on 20.4mpg grin. Though the mpg hasn’t been reset for weeks until i was about to take this picture. I’ll do an experiment and see how high i can average on mpg

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2020
king406:
After some gentle highway driving, i filled up my tank and distance to empty was 441 miles on 20.4mpg grin. Though the mpg hasn’t been reset for weeks until i was about to take this picture. I’ll do an experiment and see how high i can average on mpg

What do you get in city?
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by diportivo: 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
kingreign:
My G35x

cool

ugly car tongue
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
diportivo:

ugly car tongue
Monkey no fine, but e mama like am tongue
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Eddee(m): 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
king406:

I see King Pusha. N.P - Sweet Serenade

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Top 3 Cars Used By Nigerian Politicians - AutoReportNG / These Cars Have The Most Ridiculous Dashboards You Have Ever Seen / Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.