Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? (3016 Views)

Please How Can You Rate This Speech By Ibo's In Lagos !!! / Check Out What I Wrote About The Ibo's In 2013 / Will Jonathan Reverse The Fuel Price To =n= 65/litre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Abagworo(m): 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2010
I've been sensing a kind of conspiracy in the controversy surrounding zoning.I suspect that there exists a plan to block the Igbo from producing the President in 2015 or even till Nigeria breaks up.Let Jonathan come out openly and support Igbo presidency in 2015 since zoning has been abolished after favoring the southwest.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2010
I thought there will be an election in 2015 and Jonathan will have one vote!!!!
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by MaziUche0(m): 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2010
Why should we wait to 2015? angry
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Dawdy(m): 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2010
Jonathan has not been elected 4 2011, u have be taking abt 2015. Let d next election hold first b4 talking of upper.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Dede1(m): 6:27pm On Oct 10, 2010
Ndigbo should forget about the inutile presidency of the cesspit called Nigeria and concentrate on the means to disintegrate the colonial contraption as well strategize on measures to defend Alaigbo and neighboring Ibibio, Annang and Ogoni in case peace gives way to chaos.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by blinx4real(m): 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2010
So if no Igbo man decides to contest in 2015, Jonathan should select one an handover to him? Or if the Igbo man loses the election, He should do abracadabra and declare him as the winner? Grand foolishness, arant nonsense, a stupefying display of stupidity unbelievable in this age with our level of enlightenment.
I laugh in Fulani!
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by wesley80(m): 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2010
Na grade 1 Inferiority complex dey worry una.the days of ascendancy to the throne simply on the basis of ethnicity is gradually coming to an end. Move with the tide or be left chasing shadows. This is the nigeria we've always wanted coming to fruition but it seems some are afraid to face it. zoning is dead in nigeria and its in everyone's interest.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2010
blinx4real:

So if no Igbo man decides to contest in 2015, Jonathan should select one an handover to him? Or if the Igbo man loses the election, He should do abracadabra and declare him as the winner? Grand foolishness, arant nonsense, a stupefying display of stupidity unbelievable in this age with our level of enlightenment.
I laugh in Fulani!
THANK YOU THAT'S THE SAME QUESTION I HAVE BEEN ASKING. Why can't igbos contest now??! Personally, I want an Igbo president like Donald Duke. So, when its 2015 if an Igbo man contest and does not win, what happens!!!?
They are Nigerians and are free to contest. Lets, not get tribal over presidency. ALL WE CARE ABOUT IS DEVELOPMENT!!!
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by DeLaRue: 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2010
Am afraid, d answer is NO.

It's not for Jonathan or indeed any one person to decide whether to hand over to d Ibos.

Also, isn't d majority of opinions in the South, against zoning? If that's d case and Jonathan wins in 2011, it'll be difficult for the Ibos to argue come 2015, or indeed 2019, that it's their 'turn.' My view is that d North will no longer buy zoning post 2011, should GEJ emerge as the President. And without zoning, well, well, well, it will be difficult  for an Ibo candidate (moreso than a Yoruba or Hausa) to win a free Presidential election in Nigeria, unless a nationally acknowledged & exceptional Ibo talent springs up from no where & captures d imagination of d people - ala Obama. Controversial statement I know, but the truth is, a sizable proportion of the Nigerian populace appear to still harbour some kind of misguided mistrust of d Ibos.

Either way, the options for the Ibos are narrowing ahead of 2011, & they need to play clever & take bold decisions. They appear to be lining up behind a 'South South cousin' for no apparent political reason/gain, but at d same time they must surely be gnashing their teeth in private & cursing their luck - if Yardua had not died, it would have been very difficult for the PDP to deny the Ibos d slot in 2015.

With their current indecisiveness, I think they are snookered politically and I can't see an easy option for them. Hever, with a respected figure like Dr Ekwueme, they should be able to come up with a 2011 political position that serves their people's best interest. Dr Azikiwe or Pa Awo would've pulled something out of the hat in a situation such as this.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Abagworo(m): 6:54pm On Oct 10, 2010
We need not apply double standards in our dealings.If you observe my posts,you will discover that I had never been an advocate of ethnic voting but some actions and statements from different people seem to point at a conspiracy against Igbos.If not,why would people go against an agreement just to nullify the possibility of an Igbo occupying the seat of the President?The zoning issue needs to be resolved amicably to avoid a great catastrophe.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2010
Abagworo:

We need not apply double standards in our dealings.If you observe my posts,you will discover that I had never been an advocate of ethnic voting but some actions and statements from different people seem to point at a conspiracy against Igbos.If not,why would people go against an agreement just to nullify the possibility of an Igbo occupying the seat of the President?The zoning issue needs to be resolved amicably to avoid a great catastrophe.
I think I understand what you mean but I think the North will not accept any talks without them installing ibb as the president. What's the point of a president from an ethnic group if all he does is to steal money. As i said earlier, i would prefer donald duke because he is young, charismatic and hardworking. If an igbo man can come out 2015 and captures the imagination of the people of Nigeria, then WHY NOT!
Bro, I think this is not a conspiracy!!!
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by excanny: 7:04pm On Oct 10, 2010
First a consensus candidate must be pushed forward. I'm thinking in the persons of Sen. Ken Nnamani or Sen. Ike Nwachukwu.

I think the 2015 date was agreed upon by the Igbo Elders in order to give support to our brother from another mother, GJ who is currently occupying the seat. Personally, i still see him as an Igbo son.

Finally, we simply lobby with other Nigerians to get what we want in 2015, or sometime soon. We all need each other.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by DeLaRue: 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2010
Abagworo,

you call it conspiracy, I call it a silent, but grievious mistrust - in d end, we are prob referring to the same thing.

I've only recently become a close observer of events in Nigeria, but I get the strong feeling dat some non-Ibos (possibly a sizable number), are quietly nervous of an Ibo presidency, which is crazy, as I believe it is ultimately inevitable.

However, I get d feeling dat if d Ibos make enough noise of their own now & not line up behing GEJ, people will actually find it difficult to deny them some support for the presidency. But, for some reason, d political leaders in d East dont seem to get it dat if the Ibos miss d opportunity in 2011, it will be a long time yet before they have a sniff of d Aso Rock's 'throne.'
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by excanny: 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2010
DeLaRue:

Abagworo,

you call it conspiracy, I call it a silent, but grievious mistrust - in d end, we are prob referring to the same thing.

I've only recently become a close observer of events in Nigeria, but I get the strong feeling dat some non-Ibos (possibly a sizable number), are quietly nervous of an Ibo presidency, which is crazy, as I believe it is ultimately inevitable.

However, I get d feeling dat if d Ibos make enough noise of their own now & not line up behing GEJ, people will actually find it difficult to deny them some support for the presidency. But, for some reason, d political leaders in d East dont seem to get it dat if the Ibos miss d opportunity in 2011, it will be a long time yet before they have a sniff of d Aso Rock's 'throne.'

I dont quite agree with you on this one.

If for anything, I think Igbos have made a more assertive move for the presidency than in the recent past. We only need to build confidence, and present our best material and vote collectively for him with the support of other we successfully lobby to our side.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Ibime(m): 7:22pm On Oct 10, 2010
If Jonathan zones 2015 to an Igbo, he will be defeating his own argument against zoning.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 7:22pm On Oct 10, 2010
DeLaRue:

Abagworo,

I totally agree with that statement.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 7:24pm On Oct 10, 2010
Ibime:

If Jonathan zones 2015 to an Igbo, he will be defeating his own argument against zoning.
true, Why can't an Igbo man contest now sad
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by DeLaRue: 7:25pm On Oct 10, 2010
Excanny,

I hope you're right. I dont profess expertise in these things, I mostly go by what I read in d papers - and I trry to read papers with Western, Erstern, & Northern bias to get some kind of broad perspective.

If the folks in d East are doing as you suggest, then great.

The Ibos have made great strides in this country & I would personally vote for a CREDIBLE candidate irrespective of their background - assuming I had d opportunity to vote & my vote would count!
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by excanny: 7:28pm On Oct 10, 2010
jason12345:

true, Why can't an Igbo man contest now sad

Igbos dont want to contest against Jonathan.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Ibime(m): 7:29pm On Oct 10, 2010
Quote from De La Rue:

Wrong hombre. If Igbos go for Presidency now, no problem. If they line up behind IBB for promise of 2015, they would have burnt all political bridges
in Nigeria, not just for their present conduct but their conduct in June 12 also.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by DeLaRue: 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2010
excanny,

I agree they dont want to contest against him.

In that case, I think they should not raise hopes about 2015 'cause:

- If GEJ wins 2011, I dont see him quiting in 2015
- Assuming he does,  d North will claim 2011 abrogated zoning, and will not step aside for the Ibos

As Ibime, also said, if they line up with IBB, they are in trouble, as they would put their historical relationship with S South in long term jeopardy.

Very tight corner for the Ibos.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by excanny: 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2010
Ibime:

Quote from De La Rue:

However, I get d feeling dat if d Ibos make enough noise of their own nowJonathan ne up behing GEJ, people will actually find it difficult to deny them some support for the presidency. But, for some reason,

Wrong hombre. If Igbos go for Presidency now, no problem. If they line up behind IBB for promise of 2015, they would have burnt all political bridges
in Nigeria, not just for their present conduct but their conduct in June 12 also.
Ibime:

lol. Man, are you serious? What are you talking about here?
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by chyz(m): 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2010
Why should jonathan step down or hand over presidency for Igbos? Are we God?If igbo want to be president,let igbos get there shyt straight and come up with a consensus candidate that is respectful then encourage the Igbo to vote for him en mass! angry. All of this had over to igbos in 2015 is embarrassing and dumb! angry
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 10, 2010
chyz:

Why should jonathan step down or hand over presidency for Igbos? Are we God?If igbo want to be president,let igbos get there shyt straight and come up with a consensus candidate that is respectful then encourage the Igbo to vote for him en mass! angry. All of this had over to igbos in 2015 is embarrassing and dumb! angry
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Did someone hijack your ID? shocked shocked shocked shocked There is a God.

@post
I have no prob with an Igbo presidency for 2015. But shouldnt the priority be finding a valid candidate of the Igbo origin? One that hopefully wont fall in the steps of Nigeria's past looter presidents.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by DeLaRue: 7:44pm On Oct 10, 2010
Ibime,

I wasnt in Nigeria during Jun 12, but I understood that Ibos voted for MKO, in which case, that should have bought them some long tertm political credit with their aversaries in the West.

I dont see how June 12 impacts or will impact negatively on the Ibo cause!
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 7:44pm On Oct 10, 2010
excanny:

Igbos dont want to contest against Jonathan.
ok, but to be honest, i can see an igbo president within the next 10yrs. smiley. Most people will vote for them because they have been the most patient group of people. We need you guys in Nigeria!!! smiley.
DeLaRue:

excanny,

I agree they dont want to contest against him.

In that case, I think they should not raise hopes about 2015 'cause:

- If GEJ wins 2011, I dont see him quiting in 2015
- Assuming he does,  d North will claim 2011 abrogated zoning, and will not step aside for the Ibos

As Ibime, also said, if they line up with IBB, they are in trouble, as they would put their historical relationship with S South in long term jeopardy.

Very tight corner for the Ibos.
[/quote
THE NORTH CANNOT PRODUCE A PRESIDENT BEFORE THE IGBOS!!! smiley
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by DeLaRue: 7:48pm On Oct 10, 2010
Quote from Jason 12345

THE NORTH CANNOT PRODUCE A PRESIDENT BEFORE THE IGBOS!!!

Man, you are very BOLD! to believe that.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 7:50pm On Oct 10, 2010
chyz:

THE CREATOR IS ALIVE. THANK GOD!!!.
that was my point exactly!!! Igbos should be a strong political force not Ibb's manipulation tool for southerners
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2010
DeLaRue:

Quote from Jason 12345

THE NORTH CANNOT PRODUCE A PRESIDENT BEFORE THE IGBOS!!!

Man, you are very BOLD! to believe that.

if they do, the yorubas and ijaws wouldn't vote for him. after the ss, it must be the south east except if the north PRODUCE AN OBAMA! smiley
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by kettykings: 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2010
all the great conspiracy against ibos from ethnic riots that resulted in the civil war to 20 pounds conspracy for thier millions , to abandoned property conspiracy,  to even the state creation grand conspiracy, yet the conspirators are still worse off.

today ibos own not just 73 % of abuja but a sizeable portion of lagos and other great cities. an ibos was deputy second gen of UN, MD world bank, VP UN, MPs british parliament of all africans.
The same way an ibo was dragged to become the Army chief that's how nigerians will drag an ibo to come and rule the country 1 day.
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 7:59pm On Oct 10, 2010
Ibime:

Now I believe that there may be a conspiracy against Ndigbo by some southern interests. cool

Like I have always said, Ndigbo should NEVER care about what anyone thinks or counts against them in Nigeria. We should have a laser focus on what we want in Nigeria, be it presidency or outright secession.

The southern groups have betrayed us far more than we can EVER betray them, so they can go to hell for all I care. cool cool

If Ndigbo should ever support Jonathan next year, let it NEVER be because some S.south people would count it against us if we don't. These folks have no grounds whatsoever to count anything against us. All they have ever done in Nigeria since even before 1960, has been to scheme us into subjugation in Nigerian politics.

Let Ndigbo decide on who is in their best interest -IBB, ATIKU, RIBABU or JONATHAN (IF HE PLAYS BALL).

For me, I'm beginning to have a REAL second thought on Jonathan.

I better deal with a devil with whom I fought a brutal war, and who understands that I can fight, than a delusional minority who think they can hold me to ransom.  cool
Re: Will Jonathan Hand Over To An Ibo In 2015? by jason12345: 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2010
Onlytruth:

Now I believe that there may be a conspiracy against Ndigbo by some southern interests. cool

Like I have always said, Ndigbo should NEVER care about what anyone thinks or counts against them in Nigeria. We should have a laser focus on what we want in Nigeria, be it presidency or outright secession.

The southern groups have betrayed us far more than we can EVER betray them, so they can go to hell for all I care. cool cool

If Ndigbo should ever support Jonathan next year, let it NEVER be because some S.south people would count it against us if we don't. These folks have no grounds whatsoever to count anything against us. All they have ever done in Nigeria since even before 1960, has been to scheme us into subjugation in Nigerian politics.

Let Ndigbo decide on who is in their best interest -IBB, ATIKU, RIBABU or JONATHAN (IF HE PLAYS BALL).

For me, I'm beginning to have a REAL second thought on Jonathan.

I better deal with a devil with whom I fought a brutal war, and who understands that I can fight, than a delusional minority who think they can hold me to ransom.  cool

[b]YOU ARE A BASTARD!!! angry smiley wink cheesy[/b]LOL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best Of Dame Patient Jonathan (our First Lady) / Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today / Bomb Blast At Church Of The Lord Aladura,lagos??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.