Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Beware Of Your Idols - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of Your Idols (5883 Views)

Idols – What Are They? / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Your Idols by pressplay411(m): 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
Idolatry: Dictionary meaning:
-The worship of idols.
-The excessive admiration of somebody or something.

An Idol by inference means;
-Whatever/Whoever we exalt more than God knowingly or unknowingly.
--Whatever/Whoever we prioritize over every thing else.
-Whatever/Whoever we can do anything for.
-Whatever/Whoever we cannot do without.

Answer this simple question;
Who/What comes first in your life right now?

An idol could be an actual graven image, money, knowledge, a thing (gadget, jewellleries,), a hobby, a person (family, friend, boy/girlfriend, celebrities, self), work, politics, sports, movies, games, social media (Facebook, IG, Twitter, Whatsapp, Blogs, etc).

Not all the aforementioned objects of our idolatry are bad but placing them above God makes them bad.
Balance is Bliss.

Beware of idols, God is a jealous God.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
Would you permit me to add the Holy Bible as a common idol of some please? Many do bow down and worship it even though they don't know they do.

I'd like to add Jesus Christ too but don't think that would go down well.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
budaatum:
Would you permit me to add the Holy Bible as a common idol of some please? Many do bow down and worship it even though they don't know they do.

You are, in showing honour and reverence, permitted to bow down and worship Jesus Christ

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by pressplay411(m): 10:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
budaatum:

Lol Isn't Jesus Christ God?

The Scriptures (Bible) could become an idol though as theologians often become puffed up in knowledge as the Pharisees and Scribes who ended up crucifying the Saviour they had been reading and teaching about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
pressplay411:

The Scriptures (Bible) could become an idol though as theologians often become puffed up in knowledge as the Pharisees and Scribes who ended up crucifying the Saviour they had been reading and teaching about.

I wouldn't agree that Jesus Christ were God. God's Son, they say, but not Yahweh himself. I just can't see Yahweh submitting to crucifixion without turning everyone on earth to salt first or wiping it out with a flood or fire or something equally as devastating.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You are, in showing honour and reverence, permitted to bow down and worship Jesus Christ
I don't bow down and worship Jesus Christ or honour and revere him, whether permitted to or not. I learn from his teaching instead.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by pressplay411(m): 10:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
budaatum:

I wouldn't agree that Jesus Christ were God. God's Son, they say, but not Yahweh himself. I just can't see Yahweh submitting to crucifixion without turning everyone on earth to salt first or wiping it out with a flood or fire or something equally as devastating.

If you submit to the Word of God, then you will agree even without fully understanding it.
This Scripture says it all.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
pressplay411:

If you submit to the Word of God, then you will agree even without fully understanding it.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.
I'm not the sort to submit to what I do not understand. If I did that, if Jesus did that in fact, he would have succumbed to the temptation on the mountain through a lack of understanding, and if I submit to what I do not understand it would mean that I completely misunderstood Christ's teachings. Christ, after all did not submit to the teachings of his day.

Solomon is my guide in this, for in seeking first the Kingdom of God all other things were added unto him. I'd rather ask God for understanding so that I do not have to submit.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by pressplay411(m): 5:08am On Jul 10, 2019
budaatum:

I'm not the sort to submit to what I do not understand. If I did that, if Jesus did that in fact, he would have succumbed to the temptation on the mountain through a lack of understanding, and if I submit to what I do not understand it would mean that I completely misunderstood Christ's teachings. Christ, after all did not submit to the teachings of his day.

Solomon is my guide in this, for in seeking first the Kingdom of God all other things were added unto him. I'd rather ask God for understanding so that I do not have to submit.

Ok. Glad you said that. God is faithful.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 5:57am On Jul 10, 2019
budaatum:
I don't bow down and worship Jesus Christ or honour and revere him, whether permitted to or not. I learn from his teaching instead.
"7You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
8'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
9Their worship of me is pointless, because their teachings are rules made by humans.
"
- Matthew 15:7-9

"1Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the east came to Jerusalem,
2saying, “Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we saw his star when it rose and have come to worship Him.
11When they entered the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary. So they bowed down and worshiped Him. Then they opened their treasure chests and offered him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
"
- Matthew 2:1-2 & 11

"The Father wants all people to honor the Son as much as they honor Him.
When anyone refuses to honor the Son, this is the same as refusing to honor the Father who sent him.
"
- John 5:23

As can be seen from the inexhaustible above scripture, in showing honour and reverence, you are permitted to bow down and worship Jesus Christ, and even particularly, also to importantly, learn from His teaching too. The trio, showing honour, reverence and learning, are three Musketeers and chambermates

Different people, from all walks of life, bow and bowed down to Jesus Christ, from the Samaritan who was a leper asking for healing, to the synagogue official asking Him to bring his daughter back to life, to soldiers mocking Him when He was hanging and dying on the cross, to the Canaanite woman asking Him for help etcetera

You are missing a trick budaatum, and you fail to notice and take advantage of a good thing, if you dont bow down and worship Jesus Christ or honour and revere Him
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 5:57am On Jul 10, 2019
budaatum:

It wouldn't go down well because you err

pressplay411:
"Kayefi", somebori was confused

pressplay411:
The Scriptures (Bible) not only could become an idol, it often and regurlarly is abused, misused and misconstrued

budaatum:
If you want something done right, what do you do? Do it yourself, right? Well that is exactly what Yahweh did budaatum. It so happens that through crucifixion, is the de jure way for Yahweh to die. He allowed Himself to legally, as in according to the law be put to death. Unless asked to, I am not saying more, for not wanting to slip into unnecessary yadayada

pressplay411:

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
"Wa gbayi" Real men, strong men, stand on the word of God, eat meat and only have milk with meals or for recreation.

budaatum:
"The Oral Law of the Jews (later written as the talmud)- the interpretation of Moses' Law by the Scribes and Pharisees. It is followed by the Orthodox Jews to this day as of equal authority to the Bible. They falsely claimed it was passed down from Moses by word of mouth. Jesus clashed with Pharisees over this law. He rejected it and came against it's legalistic spirit (e.g. Matthew 15:2-3, Mark 7:1-9)"
- by MuttleyLaff: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2015

Christ, after all did not submit to the teachings of His day budaatum, because, Jesus Christ, in every sense of the word, is a deconstructionist

budaatum, you surely have read it so many times, of Jesus saying: "You have heard that it was said…But I say to you", now that there, of Jesus with those words, deconstructing and all that's in the above MuttleyLaff inverted commas, is the reason why Jesus couldnt submit to the teachings of His day.

I could you, could tell us more whats happened with as you said "Christ, after all, not submitting to the teachings of His day" but of course, I dont want to yield to committing unnecessary yadayada

budaatum:
Solomon is my guide in this...
If Solomon is your guide, then this is you scoring an own goal.

After Jesus Christ, King Solomon, inarguably is the man with the most sense and common sense and sense wiseness, that ever lived, who started well in 2 Chronicles 1:12, but on getting towards the end of his life, finished badly, when wisdom that was first and in the forefront, as in, was a most important feature and first position in his life, by the time we reached reading 2 Chronicles 9:22, had got been relegated to last.

Nobaga, no shishi baaga, with any iota of sense wiseness, relegates wisdom to the last. Do it at your peril.

Jesus Christ, throughout His stay on earth, until death, increased in wisdom, but King Solomon, until death, decreased in wisdom or relegated wisdom.

budaatum:
... for in seeking first the Kingdom of God all other things were added unto him. I'd rather ask God for understanding so that I do not have to submit.
"Give me the wisdom and knowledge to lead them properly, (i.e. so that I may lead this people)
for who could possibly govern this great people of yours?
"
- 2 Chronicles 1:10

King Solomon was not blessed with, all other things, like riches and wealth, and honour added unto him, for seeking first the Kingdom of God. King Solomon was already in the kingdom, as in fact, he already sought the kingdom, and so was not blessed because of that.

The fact of the matter is, King Solomon, was secondarily blessed, as in, he was blessed with less important things, which were riches, wealth and honour because of what he prayed for and how he prayed it, this is reproduced as seen in 2 Chronicles 1:10 above

Wisdom and knowledge, as in information, is very important. It wasnt money, power, riches and wealth that corrupted King Solomon, it was the lack of appreciating sense wiseness and not anymore embracing wisdom, to be the most important thing in ones life and walk with God

Proverbs 4:6-7 says: "Don’t turn your back on wisdom, for she will protect you. Love her, and she will guard you. That wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting, get understanding"

Pray like King Solomon, to have wisdom and knowledge, so to be able to use all that you have, all that's in your care, all that you're blessed with, like your intellect, your senses, your body, mind and soul, properly and in ways that will please God. Never relegate wisdom, like King Solomon, later in life, did.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by pressplay411(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
It wouldn't go down well because you err

"Kayefi", somebori was confused

The Scriptures (Bible) not only could become an idol, it often and regurlarly is abused, misused and misconstrued

If you want something done right, what do you do? Do it yourself, right? Well that is exactly what Yahweh did budaatum. It so happens that through crucifixion, is the de jure way for Yahweh to die. He allowed Himself to legally, as in according to the law be put to death. Unless asked to, I am not saying more, for not wanting to slip into unnecessary yadayada

"Wa gbayi" Real men, strong men, stand on the word of God, eat meat and only have milk with meals or for recreation.

"The Oral Law of the Jews (later written as the talmud)- the interpretation of Moses' Law by the Scribes and Pharisees. It is followed by the Orthodox Jews to this day as of equal authority to the Bible. They falsely claimed it was passed down from Moses by word of mouth. Jesus clashed with Pharisees over this law. He rejected it and came against it's legalistic spirit (e.g. Matthew 15:2-3, Mark 7:1-9)"
- by MuttleyLaff: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2015

Christ, after all did not submit to the teachings of His day budaatum, because, Jesus Christ, in every sense of the word, is a deconstructionist

budaatum, you surely have read it so many times, of Jesus saying: "You have heard that it was said…But I say to you", now that there of Jesus with those words, deconstructing and what's in the above inverted commas, is the reason why Jesus couldnt submit to the teachings of His day.

I could you tell us more whats happened with Christ, after all, not submitting to the teachings of His day but of course, I dont want to yield to committing unnecessary yadayada

If Solomon is your guide, then this is you scoring an own goal.

After Jesus Christ, King Solomon, inarguably is the man with the most sense and common sense and sense wiseness, that ever lived, who started well in 2 Chronicles 1:12, but on getting towards the end of his life, finished badly, when wisdom that was first and in the forefront, as in, was a most important feature and first position in his life, by the time we reached reading 2 Chronicles 9:22, had got been relegated to last.

Nobaga, no shishi, with any iota of sense wiseness, relegates wisdom to the last. Do it at your peril.

Jesus Christ, throught His stay on earth, until death, increased in wisdom, but King Solomon, until death, decreased in wisdom

"Give me the wisdom and knowledge to lead them properly, (i.e. so that I may lead this people)
for who could possibly govern this great people of yours?
"
- 2 Chronicles 1:10

King Solomon was not blessed with, all other things, like riches and wealth, and honour added unto him, for seeking first the Kingdom of God. King Solomon was already in the kingdom, as in fact, already sought the kingdom, and so was not blessed because of that.

As a matter of, King Solomon, was secondarily blessed, as in blessed with less important things, which were riches, wealth and honour because of what he prayed for and how he prayed it, this is reproduced as seen in 2 Chronicles 1:10 above

Wisdom and knowledge, as in information, is very important. It wasnt money, power, riches and wealth that corrupted King Solomon, it was the lack of appreciating sense wiseness and not anymore embracing wisdom, to be the most important thing in ones life and walk with God

Proverbs 4:6-7 says: "Don’t turn your back on wisdom, for she will protect you. Love her, and she will guard you. That wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting, get understanding"

Pray like King Solomon, to have wisdom and knowledge, so to be able to use all that you have, all that's in your care, all that you're blessed with, like your intellect, your senses, your body, mind and soul, properly and in ways that will please God. Never relegate wisdom, like King Solomon, later in life, did.

Well said sir. Thanks a lot MuttleyLaff

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
pressplay411:

No one submits to the Word of God 411. What everyone submits to, if they submit at all, is their own understanding of the Word of God which is usually twisted to justify their own actions. It is as is written, "The Word of God was made for man, not man for the Word of God. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Word of God." baav

We twist our own understanding into it and claim God said essentially, just as Christ taught us to but using the key which is [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians+13&version=NIV&interface=amp]love[/url].
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by sonmvayina(m): 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
budaatum:

now you finally get my point..or where you pulling my legs in the other thread?
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by sonmvayina(m): 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
The 1st and 2nd of the 10 commandments God gave to moses says
' i am the lord your god who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the land of bondage, you shall not have any other god before me'...

our creator wants to have a relationship with us, no intermediary or mediator is necessary or permitted..this was the practice of the surrounding cities of israel who usually go through the Baals and the asherah.which essentially is the sons and daughters of Enlil..which where Nergal,Ninazu, Ninurta or molech..inanna...etc. God forbade his chosen people from doing it.

the second says:[b] Do not [/b]make the image or likeness of anything in heaven(like sun, moon, stars,or planets) on earth (trees, river, animals, human being...etc)or under the waters bellow the earth(fish, algaes, bacteria..etc).do not bow down to them or serve them...
this commandment essentially conderms idolatry.
so like a said in an earlier thread..worshipping a god created in the likeness of a man is forbidden like the christian do..it is tantamount to idolatry..christianity is just a roman rebranding of a babyloanian paganism..you have to disobey a lot of the commandment of god for you to accept christianity ...

God is not a man or human being...he has no form..he is the personification of divine conciouseness...

'' PEOPLE ACTUALLY PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
sonmvayina:

now you finally get my point..or where you pulling my legs in the other thread?
Perhaps you should listen more and try to understand before assuming to teach. There must be a fault in you assuming everyone is your student.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by pressplay411(m): 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
budaatum:

No one submits to the Word of God 411. What everyone submits to, if they submit at all, is their own understanding of the Word of God which is usually twisted to justify their own actions. It is as is written, "The Word of God was made for man, not man for the Word of God. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Word of God." baav

We twist our own understanding into it and claim God said essentially, just as Christ taught us to but using the key which is [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians+13&version=NIV&interface=amp]love[/url].

You've rightly said.
Remember I distinguished the Bible (Scriptures) from the Word of God.
The Bible is the letter (logos).
While the Word of God is when the Holy Spirit broods on the letter to give us His Understanding. That is when the Word is made flesh and Christ is formed in us.

This is why, The Letter kills but the Spirit gives Life.
It is only the Holy Spirit that gives understanding to Simple (humble) Minds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

You are missing a trick budaatum, and you fail to notice and take advantage of a good thing, if you dont bow down and worship Jesus Christ or honour and revere Him.
A trick I'm delighted to miss since it means I'd rather learn and understand Christ than bow down and worship or honour and revere Christ. It's the difference between seeing through dark glass and knowing.

There is a reason why it is written that the Gospel is preached to the poor. As you well know, the Holy Spirit gives each individual the ability to understand as much as they put in the effort to understand. Besides, to the best of my knowledge, Christ never asked anyone to "bow down and worship or honour and revere" Christ.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2019
budaatum:
A trick I'm delighted to miss since it means I'd rather learn and understand Christ than bow down and worship or honour and revere Christ. It's the difference between seeing through dark glass and knowing.
"6Though he was God, He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.
7Instead, He gave up His divine privileges; He took the humble position of a slave
and was born as a human being. When He appeared in human form
8He humbled Himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
9Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave Him the name above all other names,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth,,
11and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
"
- Philippians 2:6-11

Something must kill a man or man must one day die. Whether you delight to miss or not delight to miss, Philippians 2:10 from Philippians 2:6-11 above will actualise and come to pass

budaatum:
There is a reason why it is written that the Gospel is preached to the poor. As you well know, the Holy Spirit gives each individual the ability to understand as much as they put in the effort to understand.
That's the thing, levels of understanding and ability to understand are different

budaatum:
Besides, to the best of my knowledge, Christ never asked anyone to "bow down and worship or honour and revere" Christ.
To the best of everyone's knowledge, Jesus never asked anyone to not worship Him either, so, I still maintain that you are allowed to bow down and worship Jesus Christ.

Besides, I have given you quite a few instances of different sort of people bowing down and worshipping Jesus and Jesus never once stopped or rebuked any of them for bowing down and worshipping Him.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

To the best of everyone's knowledge, Jesus never asked anyone to not worship Him either, so, I still maintain that you are allowed to bow down and worship Jesus Christ.
Jesus never asked people not to do quite a number of things (eat sand or hair springs to mind), so by your logic I pressume one is allowed to do such things?

Sorry, but I don't share that mode of reasoning.

MuttleyLaff:
Besides, I have given you quite a few instances of different sort of people bowing down and worshipping Jesus and Jesus never once stopped or rebuked any of them for bowing down and worshipping Him.
You sound like one of the sheep calling out to other sheep to obey the shepherd like you do lol. Can you not recognise I have a brain too?

Your instances do not trump the evidence gained from my use of my own God given abilities and the use of my own God given senses. One does not follow the multitude to do that which is done out of ignorance because one is not a brainless sheepie.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
budaatum:
Jesus never asked people not to do quite a number of things (eat sand or hair springs to mind), so by your logic I pressume one is allowed to do such things?
Of course, what floats your boat. Whatever makes you sleep soundly at night

budaatum:
Sorry, but I don't share that mode of reasoning.
Suit yourself

budaatum:
You sound like one of the sheep calling out to other sheep to obey the shepherd like you do lol. Can you not recognise I have a brain too?
C'mon now, show me where I've put a gun to your head and at same time coddling you to bow down and worship Jesus, erhn?

budaatum:
Your instances do not trump the evidence gained from my use of my own God given abilities and the use of my own God given senses. One does not follow the multitude to do that which is done out of ignorance because one is not a brainless sheepie.
Even doubting Thomas, out of ignorance and with his brain, joined the multitude to do which is done, when he eventually believed.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Of course, what floats your boat. Whatever makes you sleep soundly at night

Suit yourself

C'mon now, show me where I've put a gun to your head and at same time coddling you to bow down and worship Jesus, erhn?

Even doubting Thomas, out of ignorance and with his brain, joined the multitude to do which is done, when he eventually believed.
I am not Thomas, muttley. I am buda, the buda that believes not but makes use of the brain and mind that the Lord God gave buda so buda can seek understanding, which I do not need permission from you to do.

If you missed buda's attitude to "believing", start here.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2019
budaatum:
I am not Thomas, muttley. I am buda, the buda that believes not but makes use of the brain and mind that the Lord God gave buda so buda can seek understanding, which I do not need permission from you to do.

Not my circus, not my monkeys. To each his own monkeys budaatum. I am just a flipping messenger. Deal with the message budaatum, not humbly, mister nice guy, me
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
Your monkey is you muttley, and you make it your circus when you quote me without recognising that I'm not one of those sheep you can convince that you are God's mouthpiece. It's been my point all along which just goes right over your level.

MuttleyLaff:
Not my circus, not my monkeys. To each his own monkeys budaatum. I am just a flipping messenger. Deal with the message budaatum, not humbly, mister nice guy, me
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by pressplay411(m): 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
budaatum:

I do understand your position. Because truly ,understanding before believing is critical as it gives us conviction.
But as Muttley has rightly said, that's what Faith is.
We are Christians today nor because we understood nor even understand fully what the goal of Christianity is because it's an everlasting journey. But we believed first, and we're now seeing that goal which is the Kingdom of God and the Excellence of His Glory all embodied in the knowledge of Christ Jesus.

On that premise, you see that contrary to the way the world works, we do not see (understand) before we believe. We See because we now Believe.
That is how the Just live by Faith.

However seeking to understand is important but it is preceded by Believing.
Understanding comes by the Holy Spirit, once we believe in God through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour- the Wisdom of God.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2019
budaatum:
Your monkey is you muttley, and you make it your circus when you quote me without recognising that I'm not one of those sheep you can convince that you are God's mouthpiece. It's been my point all along which just goes right over your level
Trust I havent a monkey to get off my back and I have never in my life to date, own or have a monkey

I dont know what you are. I have never pictured you in my mind talkless think you are a sheep.

I do know I am a moG and also remember Jesus saying, "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family" When you resort to shooting at the messenger and not the message, there certainly is a monkey on someone's back somewhere
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by pressplay411(m): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Trust I havent a monkey to get off my back and I have never in my life to date, own or have a monkey

I dont know what you are. I have never pictured you in my mind talkless think you are a sheep.

I do know I am a moG and also remember Jesus saying, "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family" When you resort to shooting at the messenger and not the message, there certainly is a monkey on someone's back somewhere

Patience brother, we are all growing sir. He only seeks to understand. Grace to us all.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
pressplay411:
Patience brother, we are all growing sir. He only seeks to understand. Grace to us all.
Why me? Or have I said anything out of turn ni? People have different problems. Some problems big pass other problems
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
pressplay411:

I do understand your position. Because truly ,understanding before believing is critical as it gives us conviction.
No 411, I'm not saying the above, that "understanding before believing is critical"! The evidence suggests most believe before they understand, our religion being a thing we adopt at childhood before we are able to understand. I, unfortunately, or fortunately, depending how one sees it, was not fed religion as a child, and only got to it as an adult, like Paul, who also did not believe before gaining understanding.

What I am saying is, however one gets there, when one becomes an adult, one ought to, in my opinion, have sufficient knowledge, experience and understanding to be able to put the believing ways of childhood behind one, and know for absolutely certainty whether and how Jesus is Lord, if Jesus is indeed Lord.
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by pressplay411(m): 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
budaatum:

No 411, I'm not saying the above, that "understanding before believing is critical"! The evidence suggests most believe before they understand, our religion being a thing we adopt at childhood before we are able to understand. I, unfortunately, or fortunately, depending how one sees it, was not fed religion as a child, and only got to it as an adult, like Paul, who also did not believe before gaining understanding.

What I am saying is, however one gets there, when one becomes an adult, one ought to, in my opinion, have sufficient knowledge, experience and understanding to be able to put the believing ways of childhood behind one, and know for absolutely certainty whether and how Jesus is Lord, if Jesus is indeed Lord.
Ok. Perhaps you should consider the understanding of the Trinity of God. That helped and still helps me a lot.
This message below along with other teachings helped my understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx130WPj1pA
Re: Beware Of Your Idols by MuttleyLaff: 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
pressplay411:

Ok. Perhaps you should consider the understanding of the Trinity of God. That helped and still helps me a lot.
This message below along with other teachings helped my understanding.
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx130WPj1pA
You're wasting your time

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Your Idols by budaatum: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2019
pressplay411:

Ok. Perhaps you should consider the understanding of the Trinity of God.
Asking me to listen to a lesson on the Trinity by Munroe is like asking me to go back to primary school, though, I'm glad it helped you.

There is a reason the Trinity is a mystery, 411, one which goes back way further than it's adoption into Christianity, but those who seek an understanding will surely benefit from their seeking. It's much plentier work than watching Munroe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The End Time Is Imminent Christ Is Almost Here! / Human Beings Are Born Sinners / In Africa Alone Every Day 16,000 Muslims Leave Islam: Ahmad Al Qataani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.