Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. (2390 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Homosexuality? / What You Need To Know About Homosexuality(Read To The End) / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Neymar1095(m): 8:35am On Jul 10, 2019
At the heart of the claim that the Bible is clear "that homosexuality is forbidden by God" is poor biblical scholarship and a cultural bias read into the Bible. The Bible says nothing about "homosexuality" as an innate dimension of personality. Sexual orientation was not understood in biblical times. There are references in the Bible to same-gender sexual behavior, and all of them are undeniably negative. But what is condemned in these passages is the violence, idolatry and exploitation related to the behavior, not the same-gender nature of the behavior. There are references in the Bible to different-gender sexual behavior that are just as condemning for the same reasons. But no one claims that the condemnation is because the behavior was between a man and a woman.
There was no word in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek for "homosexual" or "homosexuality." These words were invented near the end of the 19th century when psychoanalysts began to discover and understand sexuality as an essential part of the human personality in all of its diversity. Consequently, it cannot be claimed that the Bible says anything at all about it. The writers of the Bible had neither the understanding of it nor the language for it.
There is only one reference to sexual behavior between women, and that is in Romans 1:26. The context of this reference has to do with Gentiles rejecting the true God to pursue false gods; i.e., idolatry. And, the sexual behavior described is orgiastic, not that of a loving, mutual, caring, committed relationship. What is condemned is the worship of false gods.
Sexuality is a wonderful gift from God. It is more than genital behavior. It's the way we embody and express ourselves in the world. But we cannot love another person intimately without embodying that love, without using our bodies to love. And that does involve genital behavior. Sexual love is for the purpose of giving and receiving pleasure with our most intimate partner. It is a means of deepening and strengthening the intimate union that exists. This can only be healthy and good if our behavior is consistent with who we are and with whom we love, and when we are true to our own sexuality and orientation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Righteousness89(m): 9:52am On Jul 10, 2019
[s]
Neymar1095:
At the heart of the claim that the Bible is clear "that homosexuality is forbidden by God" is poor biblical scholarship and a cultural bias read into the Bible. The Bible says nothing about "homosexuality" as an innate dimension of personality. Sexual orientation was not understood in biblical times. There are references in the Bible to same-gender sexual behavior, and all of them are undeniably negative. But what is condemned in these passages is the violence, idolatry and exploitation related to the behavior, not the same-gender nature of the behavior. There are references in the Bible to different-gender sexual behavior that are just as condemning for the same reasons. But no one claims that the condemnation is because the behavior was between a man and a woman.
There was no word in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek for "homosexual" or "homosexuality." These words were invented near the end of the 19th century when psychoanalysts began to discover and understand sexuality as an essential part of the human personality in all of its diversity. Consequently, it cannot be claimed that the Bible says anything at all about it. The writers of the Bible had neither the understanding of it nor the language for it.
There is only one reference to sexual behavior between women, and that is in Romans 1:26. The context of this reference has to do with Gentiles rejecting the true God to pursue false gods; i.e., idolatry. And, the sexual behavior described is orgiastic, not that of a loving, mutual, caring, committed relationship. What is condemned is the worship of false gods.
Sexuality is a wonderful gift from God. It is more than genital behavior. It's the way we embody and express ourselves in the world. But we cannot love another person intimately without embodying that love, without using our bodies to love. And that does involve genital behavior. Sexual love is for the purpose of giving and receiving pleasure with our most intimate partner. It is a means of deepening and strengthening the intimate union that exists. This can only be healthy and good if our behavior is consistent with who we are and with whom we love, and when we are true to our own sexuality and orientation.
[/s]

This is from the Pit of Hell!

Homosexual is Unrighteous and is an Act of Wickedness...

All Unrighteousness is Sin...

8 Likes

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by AsapBentley: 10:23am On Jul 10, 2019
This should make front page! CC lalasticlala
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Neymar1095(m): 10:43am On Jul 10, 2019
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]
This is from the Pit of Hell!
Homosexual is Unrighteous and is an Act of Wickedness...
All Unrighteousness is Sin...
Coming from a sinner...A bigotry.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 11:11am On Jul 10, 2019
Neymar1095:

Please can you provide an example of homosexual marriage in the scriptures?

5 Likes

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by MuttleyLaff: 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2019
OkCornel:
Please can you provide an example of homosexual marriage in the scriptures?
To what end and/or purpose is this lame question, hmm?

Is it, everything going on in our modern world that there is an example of it, in scriptures ni?

Marriage, in the Bible, comes under different forms and guises
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
To what end and/or purpose is this lame question, hmm?

Is it, everything going on in our modern world that there is an example of it, in scriptures ni?

Marriage, in the Bible, comes under different forms and guises

Please use that same Bible to show us any other type of marriage other than the one between a man and woman...

3 Likes

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Righteousness89(m): 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2019
[s]
Neymar1095:

[/s]
Accept JESUS CHRIST... stop trying to be smarter than your Creator

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Neymar1095(m): 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]
Accept JESUS CHRIST... stop trying to be smarter than your Creator
Bwhahaha lol there are 1000 species out there that engages in homosexuallty idiot.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Righteousness89(m): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2019
Neymar1095:

Bwhahaha lol there are 1000 species out there that engages in homosexuallty idiot.

Even if the Whole Universe engages in it, it's Still Sin.. it's still Wickedness

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by MuttleyLaff: 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
OkCornel:
Please use that same Bible to show us any other type of marriage other than the one between a man and woman...
OkCornel, marriage has nothing whatsoever to do with gender, because you seem to believe that unless a union is between a man and woman alone, any other union cant be called "marriage" and you also seem to be of the opinion, that any other union is invalid, and inferior to union or marriage between a man and woman

Dont get caught up with the ceremony, the sacrament OkCornel, because the marriage between a man and a woman is a shadow of a real thing.The marriage between a man and a woman is a metaphor. Marriage, in the Bible, the marriage between a man and a woman actually, is used as a metaphor for the union of the soul with God, which is between two and so, full stop, the binary, obviously. I know you didnt know this, but marriage, really and trutfully, is a spiritual thing, and fundamentally, it is about commitment. It has to do with being committed to someone.

Now we'll both agree and accept that God created Adam and Eve and all that, but God clearly created our friend Steve too, didnt He? Then, so there we have it, there are people who do not fit in that Adam and Eve mode, who happen to have same sex attraction and so are just gay. Now just because they can't have a heterosexual relationship with a woman that will lead to a man and woman marriage, doesnt mean they cant partake or enjoy the vision God has of marriage. A man and woman marriage, isnt a standard that is being imposed on everyone, as you are trying to imply OkCornel. Love has always been the reason for marriage or a union. It isn't about gender nor to do with procreation. The marriage between a man and woman, is an imitation, is a copy of a real thing in heaven. Marriage, as I've previously said, is a union between the soul and God. It is beyond sexuality or gender. OkCornel, look at the coming marriage between the church and Jesus, or look at the marriage between God and Israel.

Aside the institution of marriage designed for man and woman, of course, there is a positive archetype for relationships, the kind of SSA too. There is evidence of it in scripture, people need to just say, that they arent aware of it because that is what they've learned from being made and led to believe nothing exists in the Bible like that. Life long committed relationship, one that is faithful, strictly monogamous, has love until death do part, is caring and kind, this is what we are talking of OkCornel. Can you fault something like that, hmm?

The bigger picture is commitment and love OkCornel. Every time a choice must be made concerning marriage, it is a promise to choose to love, but you know what, the person that God has for you, will always come in the form and package that you expected. God is Good and ever Faithful.

You know me OkCornel, I can go on and write a book, but I think this much is enough, so I wont go on

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Neymar1095(m): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
Righteousness89:

Even if the Whole Universe engages in it, it's Still Sin..
bwhahaha then you are fool. A religious bigot.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Righteousness89(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2019
Neymar1095:

bwhahaha then you are fool. A religious bigot.

FATHER Forgive My Brother because he does not know what he is doing...

I pray GOD'S Mercies locate u and pull u out from the way to hell..

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Neymar1095(m): 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2019
Righteousness89:

FATHER Forgive My Brother because he does not know what he is doing...

I pray GOD'S Mercies locate u and pull u out from the way to hell..

GOD BLESS YOU
Bwhahaha and what is your brother doing that is wrong? Giving people the chance to express themselves and to be happy in life. Man you are sick.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 8:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
OkCornel, marriage has nothing whatsoever to do with gender, because you seem to believe that unless a union is between a man and woman alone, any other union cant be called "marriage" and you also seem to be of the opinion, that any other union is invalid, and inferior to union or marriage between a man and woman

Dont get caught up with the ceremony, the sacrament OkCornel, because the marriage between a man and a woman is a shadow of a real thing.The marriage between a man and a woman is a metaphor. Marriage, in the Bible, the marriage between a man and a woman actually, is used as a metaphor for the union of the soul with God, which is between two and so, full stop, the binary, obviously. I know you didnt know this, but marriage, really and trutfully, is a spiritual thing, and fundamentally, it is about commitment. It has to do with being committed to someone.

Now we'll both agree and accept that God created Adam and Eve and all that, but God clearly created our friend Steve too, didnt He? Then, so there we have it, there are people who do not fit in that Adam and Eve mode, who happen to have same sex attraction and so are just gay. Now just because they can't have a heterosexual relationship with a woman that will lead to a man and woman marriage, doesnt mean they cant partake or enjoy the vision God has of marriage. A man and woman marriage, isnt a standard that is being imposed on everyone, as you are trying to imply OkCornel. Love has always been the reason for marriage or a union. It isn't about gender nor to do with procreation. The marriage between a man and woman, is an imitation, is a copy of a real thing in heaven. Marriage, as I've previously said, is a union between the soul and God. It is beyond sexuality or gender. OkCornel, look at the coming marriage between the church and Jesus, or look at the marriage between God and Israel.

Aside the institution of marriage designed for man and woman, of course, there is a positive archetype for relationships, the kind of SSA too. There is evidence of it in scripture, people need to just say, that they arent aware of it because that is what they've learned from being made and led to believe nothing exists in the Bible like that. Life long committed relationship, one that is faithful, strictly monogamous, has love until death do part, is caring and kind, this is what we are talking of OkCornel. Can you fault something like that, hmm?

The bigger picture is commitment and love OkCornel. Every time a choice must be made concerning marriage, it is a promise to choose to love, but you know what, the person that God has for you, will always come in the form and package that you expected. God is Good and ever Faithful.

You know me OkCornel, I can go on and write a book, but I think this much is enough, so I wont go on

Bros, after all this long story, you can't bring one example of same sex marriage from the scriptures?

3 Likes

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by MuttleyLaff: 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
OkCornel:
Bros, after all this long story, you can't bring one example of same sex marriage from the scriptures?
You are more confused than a fart let ripped out, on the production line of a fan-making factory, you have forgotten that the your request was: "Please use that same Bible to show us any other type of marriage other than the one between a man and woman..." and you've never copped on that I have shown you at least two types of marriage, that are other than the one between a man and woman. SMH.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You are more confused than a fart let ripped out, on the production line of a fan-making factory, you have forgotten that the your request was: "Please use that same Bible to show us any other type of marriage other than the one between a man and woman..." and you've never copped on that I have shown you at least two types of marriage, that are other than the one between a man and woman. SMH.

You are a certified m.oron

Bring one example of same sex marriage from the scriptures or shove your heresies down your throat!

I asked that question hoping you'll bring one example of same sex marriage from the scriptures!

Bring it or shut up...

2 Likes

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by MuttleyLaff: 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
OkCornel:
You are a certified m.oron
Is it me, you have the audacity to call a certified môron, a slowpoke erhn?

OkCornel:
Bring one example of same sex marriage from the scriptures or shove your heresies down your throat!
We have been up this garden path, enough times and you know my stance on this request. Please get a grip of yourself and stop being unnecessarily irritable and bad-tempered.

OkCornel:
I asked that question hoping you'll bring one example of same sex marriage from the scriptures
You asked that question, and I have given you the answer to that. Now you know quite well, there is no way, I will ever tell you or give you any example of same sex attraction relationships from the scriptures. You have proven and just now again confirmed again, that you are not worthy enough to know that information, at least the info is not going to come from me

OkCornel:
Bring it or shut up...
Why dont you come and make me shut up

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Righteousness89(m): 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
Neymar1095:

Bwhahaha and what is your brother doing that is wrong? Giving people the chance to express themselves and to be happy in life. Man you are sick.
May u not be Sick
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Is it me, you have the audacity to call a certified môron, a slowpoke erhn?

We have been up this garden path, enough times and you know my stance on this request. Please get a grip of yourself and stop being unnecessarily irritable and bad-tempered.

You asked that question, and I have given you the answer to that. Now you know quite well, there is no way, I will ever tell you or give you any example of same sex attraction relationships from the scriptures. You have proven and just now again confirmed again, that you are not worthy enough to know that information, at least the info is not going to come from me

Why dont you come and make me shut up

In your words "you're as confused as a Chameleon trapped in a bag of Skittles" grin

Still no scriptural example of same sex marriage?

2 Likes

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Neymar1095(m): 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2019
Righteousness89:
May u not be Sick
May you....nah scratch that. You are a bigotry
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by MuttleyLaff: 2:41am On Jul 11, 2019
OkCornel:
In your words "you're as confused as a Chameleon trapped in a bag of Skittles" grin
Nicking my line erhn? You cant even manage to be original, just have to use my words. Just so you know, I got my eye on you and I dare you to make less sense with another of one my words.

OkCornel:
Still no scriptural example of same sex marriage?
[img]https://s3/images/FirmGrip.gif[/img]

You are more confused than a guy with no arms watching pôrn because I've explained this many times to you, that I am not going to give you scriptural example of same sex marriage, seeing that, you are not worthy enough to know that information, and at least the info is not going to come from me

Besides, remember that I got my eye on you, well, it's me looking out for you. You dont expect me to give you a loaded gun, or do you now?
Nah, I dont want to. You'll get hurt if I do, and I dont want that for you OkCornel, as it could be worse and more fatal than what you see happened in the gif above.

Change the "scriptural example of same sex marriage" record bud. The needle is stuck! Badgering me with "can you show me one passage or verse to support ..." or "show me just the passage" cries will not work.

I will not give you or post such information. That will be irresponsible of me and of course, it poses, a potential and certain dangerous accident waiting to happen, giving a loaded gun, to toy with, and that, without you yet unlearning your acquired bad habits

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by Gandollaar(f): 8:22am On Jul 11, 2019
Muttleylaff has but limited time to do what he must be do and be gone back to where he came from.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 8:33am On Jul 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Nicking my line erhn? You cant even manage to be original, just have to use my words. Just so you know, I got my eye on you and I dare you to make less sense with another of one my words.

[img]https://s3/images/FirmGrip.gif[/img]

You are more confused than a guy with no arms watching pôrn because I've explained this many times to you, that I am not going to give you scriptural example of same sex marriage, seeing that, you are not worthy enough to know that information, and at least the info is not going to come from me

Besides, remember that I got my eye on you, well, it's me looking out for you. You dont expect me to give you a loaded gun, or do you now?
Nah, I dont want to. You'll get hurt if I do, and I dont want that for you OkCornel, as it could be worse and more fatal than what you see happened in the gif above.

Change the "scriptural example of same sex marriage" record bud. The needle is stuck! Badgering me with "can you show me one passage or verse to support ..." or "show me just the passage" cries will not work.

I will not give you or post such information. That will be irresponsible of me and of course, it poses, a potential and certain dangerous accident waiting to happen, giving a loaded gun, to toy with, and that, without you yet unlearning your acquired bad habits

After all this nonsense yarns...no single example of same sex marriage in the scriptures?

You're an empty barrel...too much noise with no substance at all...

The book of Leviticus outlaws homosexuality of all forms in the Land of Israel.

In the book of Corinthians and Romans, Paul spoke against the effeminates and those that abuse themselves with mankind (i.e the active and passive participants in a homosexual relationship), and how they have abandoned the NATURAL USE OF A WOMAN TO DO THAT WHICH IS UNSEEMLY.

But Muttley the empty barrel cannot even counter these with one example of homosexual marriage from the scriptures...

Homosexual relationship/marriage is against the order of nature... Straight forward and direct.

2 Likes

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by MuttleyLaff: 8:39am On Jul 11, 2019
OkCornel:
After all this nonsense yarns...no single example of same sex marriage in the scriptures?

You're an empty barrel...too much noise with no substance at all..
What a pity, everything went whoosh, over your head. I empathise with you. Peele, ndo.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 8:41am On Jul 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
What a pity, everything went whoosh, over your head. I empathise with you. Peele, ndo.

Blasphemous element...so are you now ready to show us examples of homosexual marriages in the scriptures?
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by MuttleyLaff: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2019
Gandollaar:
Muttleylaff has but limited time to do what he must be do and be gone back to where he came from.
We all are on a race against time my dear friend
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 8:47am On Jul 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

You are a shameless liar and a fraud. There is nothing like same sex marriage in the scriptures.

Now you are blatantly lying you can't give examples of same sex marriage because "I am not worthy enough"

Well for the sake of your fellow gay activist on this thread, why not bring such examples?

Shameless empty barrel...

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by MuttleyLaff: 8:49am On Jul 11, 2019
OkCornel:
Blasphemous element...so are you now ready to show us examples of homosexual marriages in the scriptures?

Are you deaf in hearing ni? I've told you enough times I won't tell you, suck it up.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 8:51am On Jul 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Are you deaf in hearing ni? I've told you enough times I won't tell you, suck it up.

If you've got no example of same sex marriage from the scriptures, you're only making a fool of yourself here and embarrassing your fellow gay activist.

Keep beating around the bush spewing needless trash everywhere...

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by MuttleyLaff: 9:19am On Jul 11, 2019
OkCornel:
If you've got no example of same sex marriage from the scriptures, you're only making a fool of yourself here and embarrassing your fellow gay activist.

Keep beating around the bush spewing needless trash everywhere...
" Love has always been the reason for marriage or a union. It isn't about gender nor to do with procreation. The marriage between a man and woman, is an imitation, is a copy of a real thing in heaven.

Marriage, as I've previously said, is a union between the soul and God. It is beyond sexuality or gender. OkCornel, look at the coming marriage between the church and Jesus, or look at the marriage between God and Israel.

Aside the institution of marriage designed for man and woman, of course, there is a positive archetype for relationships, the kind of SSA too.There is evidence of it in scripture, people need to just say, that they arent aware of it because that is what they've learned from being made and led to believe nothing exists in the Bible like that.

Life long committed relationship, one that is faithful, strictly monogamous, has love until death do part, is caring and kind, this is what we are talking of OkCornel. Can you fault something like that, hmm?

"
- by Muttleylaff at 4:15pm on 10th July 2019

Like you like me to repeat myself, I am not going to give you this information because it will be irresponsible of me to, out of all people to give you. You arent worthy to have the info. Sorry.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality. by OkCornel(m): 9:43am On Jul 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
" Love has always been the reason for marriage or a union. It isn't about gender nor to do with procreation. The marriage between a man and woman, is an imitation, is a copy of a real thing in heaven.

Marriage, as I've previously said, is a union between the soul and God. It is beyond sexuality or gender. OkCornel, look at the coming marriage between the church and Jesus, or look at the marriage between God and Israel.

Aside the institution of marriage designed for man and woman, of course, there is a positive archetype for relationships, the kind of SSA too.There is evidence of it in scripture, people need to just say, that they arent aware of it because that is what they've learned from being made and led to believe nothing exists in the Bible like that.

Life long committed relationship, one that is faithful, strictly monogamous, has love until death do part, is caring and kind, this is what we are talking of OkCornel. Can you fault something like that, hmm?

"
- by Muttleylaff at 4:15pm on 10th July 2019

Like you like me to repeat myself, I am not going to give you this information because it will be irresponsible of me to, out of all people to give you. You arent worthy to have the info. Sorry.

Please bring evidence of same sex marriage from the scriptures nau!

Abi is basic English difficult for you to understand?

Bring examples or swallow your heresy! You claimed there are evidences in the scriptures, bring the evidence here that shows same sex marriages that happened in the scriptures!

It's either you'll type another long story beating around the bush or you shamelessly lie "I am not worthy to know" whereas you know there is nothing of that nature in the scriptures!

You are a very shameless liar. Bring examples of same sex marriage from the scriptures for the sake of your fellow gay activists you coward...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? / Was There Two Types Of Creation? / She Doesn't Believe In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.