Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,016 members, 7,810,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday (22142 Views)

Senate To Reinstate Ningi As Akpabio Comes Under Pressure / Makinde To Bello - I Am In Kogi To Screen PDP Candidates That Will Face You / IGP Idris Drags Saraki, Senate To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by Flashyoil1(f): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2019
Nigeria Senate will screen three non-executive Commissioners and one Executive Commissioner for the Nigeria Communications Commission, NCC, on Thursday.

The decision of the Senate followed an executive communication by President Muhammadu Buhari, nominating the affected persons, saying that their confirmation would strengthen the activities of the Commission.

“That the Senate do consider the request of Mr. President and Commander-Chief on the confirmation of the nomination of the following persons as non-executive Commissioners of the Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) in accordance with Sections 8(1) of the Nigeria Communication Commission.”

Before adopting the letter by President Buhari, Deputy Chief Whip, Senator Sabi Abdulahi moved that an ad-hoc committee be set up to screen the nominees.

Responding, Senate President, Dr Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan urged the nominees to appear before the Committee, while asking the Committee to turn in their report as soon as possible.

The nominees are:

1. Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Non-executive Commissioner (North East)
2. Prof. Millionaire Abowei – Non-executive Commissioner (South South)
3. Abdullazeez Mohammed Salmon., Non-executive (North Central)
4. Engr. Uba A. S. Maska, Executive Commissioner (Re-appointment)

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/senate-screen-buharis-nominees-thursday/

Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by publicsensor: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
"Will"
with this, at least people have something to go bank with.
Willing Govrnment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by odeebee: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
If he had started all his nominations like this from the first tenure IPOB wouldn’t have gone rampage or feel oppressed. We look forwards to d ministerial list, meanwhile nice one

2 Likes

Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by slawomir: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
Okay
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by asawanathegreat(m): 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
Which screening? Story for the gods
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by Olastep1(m): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
Great one
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by SergioMorales: 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
important.
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by Amuocha: 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
Seen.

No need himself and ministers are going very soon grin

1 Like

Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by Hienna(m): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
K
Ok president muhammadu buhari...
North ticket
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by Dukeemmanuel44(m): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2019
Mr. President always Slow but steady
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by olayi1992: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2019
We create a working PayPal which can receive and send at the rate of N360/$ into your Nigeria bank account, I believe many of us are having various questions battling our mind set. if this could be possible since we are not in the USA or other countries, and many will think this PayPal account uses VPN or NOT, now let me tell you the good news about this, and let me answer the questions,
i have answer to all your questions and i will answer them all.

1.Is it possible to withdraw your money from paypal into your Nigerian bank account ?
ANSWER : Yes you can, and it very easy to do that.

2:Does it use VPN?

ANSWER :No it does not use VPN at all.

You only make use of a normal browser.
All these will be done in a blink of an eye

Contact us for yours now & enjoy the benefits.
https:///2347038482121
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by aare07(m): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2019
Journalists should stop putting geo-political zones. Rather, level of competence and ability to deliver

1 Like

Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by Zagaboss: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2019
Just to deceive some nigerians,when they ve already approved the list from backyard...
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by honest1480(m): 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
Finally, here comes the long awaited list. Hope the list contains names of those that can serve the country without 'too much' personal interests. Is well with Nigeria.
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by Kureh(m): 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
Am still asking,where are the killers of Agom Adara of Adara chiefdom

1 Like

Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by Thegamingorca(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2019
Flashyoil1:
Nigeria Senate will screen three non-executive Commissioners and one Executive Commissioner for the Nigeria Communications Commission, NCC, on Thursday.

The decision of the Senate followed an executive communication by President Muhammadu Buhari, nominating the affected persons, saying that their confirmation would strengthen the activities of the Commission.

“That the Senate do consider the request of Mr. President and Commander-Chief on the confirmation of the nomination of the following persons as non-executive Commissioners of the Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) in accordance with Sections 8(1) of the Nigeria Communication Commission.”

Before adopting the letter by President Buhari, Deputy Chief Whip, Senator Sabi Abdulahi moved that an ad-hoc committee be set up to screen the nominees.

Responding, Senate President, Dr Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan urged the nominees to appear before the Committee, while asking the Committee to turn in their report as soon as possible.

The nominees are:

1. Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Non-executive Commissioner (North East)
2. Prof. Millionaire Abowei – Non-executive Commissioner (South South)
3. Abdullazeez Mohammed Salmon., Non-executive (North Central)
4. Engr. Uba A. S. Maska, Executive Commissioner (Re-appointment)

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/senate-screen-buharis-nominees-thursday/

Professor millionaire ke.

Wonders shall never end

3 Likes

Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by nwakibie3(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2019
What of the ministers??

baba go slow
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by deolurexy1(m): 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2019
No afonja angry
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by Judolisco(m): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
How person go dey bear millionaire arbi which kind wahala bdis

3 Likes

Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by SergioMorales: 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
Please I'm depressed and need advice on this.

SergioMorales:
Hello,

Around 3 months ago, I got an outbreak of Herpes on my genitals.
Went to the doctor, he confirmed it and placed me on Aciclovir for 3 months. I went to laboratory and PCR confirmed it to be HSV-1 type.
Apparently, the virus has been inside my body for long, because it has been long i had sexual relationship with someone. Alot of stress and alcohol i took when i traveled for a project perhaps triggered the virus to give me an outbreak.
I just finished the last dose of the drugs and from what i have been researching for many months, there is NO REAL cure of herpes using Conventional medicine.
However, I have been disclosing my situation with some of my trusted relatives in the village and even sent them pictures of the outbreaks and the processes, to help me ask people who are deep in natural cure.
Most of them are affirmative that it has permanent cure from what they heard from other people too.

I will like to ask if anyone who has experienced Herpes before has had an effective cure using roots and herbs. If so, would you recommend someone to me, I may be wrong, but i believe there is something out there for people like us who believe in natural cure to effectively cure off Herpes Simplex.

I have read many ads claiming to have power to heal such and i can smell BS from miles away, please if u have a genuine source of cure, please email me or reply on this thread, I will follow you up.
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by Webdesign707: 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
You need a website
⁃ 1 year Domain
⁃ Good security with a good secured company system 1 year
⁃ Hosting
⁃ Professional website
⁃ Responsive website
⁃ Direct entry to WhatsApp plugin
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by hazzanjake: 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2019
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by kayusely70(m): 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
When do we get ministerial lists?
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by DTaj: 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Professor millionaire ke.

Wonders shall never end

It is not strange...

In two states of the South-South, especially Bayelsa and Delta states, names such as "Manager" (the current longest-serving Senator in the entire South-South region, is a certain Senator James MANAGER from Delta state), "Confidence", "Minister", "Reputation", "Government" (that very popular ex-militant from Delta state, Tompolo, has "Government" as his first name), etc are very common; hence, one of the NCC nominees, named Professor Millionaire, is not strange...

It's the same pattern of old, almost-forgotten Christian names borne by people from certain parts of Nigeria, such as Syracuse, Hyginus, Paulinus, Modestus, Callistus, Celestina, etc...

3 Likes

Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by Thegamingorca(m): 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
DTaj:

It is not strange...

In two states of the South-South, especially Bayelsa and Delta states, names such as "Manager" (the current longest-serving Senator in the entire South-South region, is a certain Senator James MANAGER from Delta state), "Confidence", "Minister", "Reputation", "Government" (that very popular ex-militant from Delta state, Tompolo, has "Government" as his first name), etc are very common; hence, one of the NCC nominees, named Professor Millionaire, is not strange...

It's the same pattern of old, almost-forgotten Christian names borne by people from certain parts of Nigeria, such as Syracuse, Hyginus, Paulinus, Modestus, Callistus, Celestina, etc...

Syracuse lol
Re: Senate to screen Buhari’s nominees Thursday by anytexy: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
"Noise Makers ". if you know you know

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Orders Speedy Completion Of N40bn, 8-lane Ph-aba Highway / Michael Adesina Adeyemo's Burial Pics: Ajimobi, Alao-Akala, Oyo Lawmakers Attend / Ochereome Nnanna Vows Not To Resign As Vanguard Editorial Board Over Bigotry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.