Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:32 PM

Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ (9487 Views)

Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate / 2023: PDP Governors Kick As Atiku Plans To Retain Peter Obi As Running Mate / Governors Kick As Buhari Okays Financial Autonomy For Assemblies, Judiciary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by eagleeye2: 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
Jonathan May God bless you for the little you did.
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by jagro: 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
Simple put
Give us steady light like other west African countries.
Remove subsidy
....Win win situation for the masses and the corrupt govt
Shekina.
Nb..Cabal won't like my opinion
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by joseph1832(m): 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
It's just a shame that the foolish action of some individual can affect the brand of one of the best insect killer in the country.

I guess now people who are suicidal will start looking for another brand to tarnish their image.
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by kernniejay(m): 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2019
When the subsidy is removed, PMS will sell for N350 naira. Prices of commodities in the market will generally rise, VAT will increase also and hyper inflation will set in. Meanwhile, minimum wage is still at deadlock and no hope of implementation is at sight yet. Rather, Ruga is of more importance to the government than labour's wage. Nigeria is a very large prison where people move freely.

4 Likes

Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by aademola11: 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2019
I know that is their agenda. End of APC by God grace.
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by jdleo32(m): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2019
Fuel to increase by 20%. #190 before Nov.

Its about increasing fuel price ,its about cushioning the effect of FX(echange rate).

What happened last time it was increased. Dollar soared high to 500 then the entire purpose was defeated.

Someone more enlightened should please educate me/us. I need more explanation.

No partisanship here please.
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by Frankiss44(m): 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2019
What exactly did they remove when the price went from 87 to 145?
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by SOJOSEPH(m): 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2019
Is it their money.

Let them make their children live and school in naija first.

Idiotic elements.
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by FearGodinall: 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2019
The country recorded one of its lowest cost of subsidy in 2016 when oil traded at an average of US$48.11 pb. Total subsidy that year was around N28.6 billion; but the amount rose to N219 billion in 2017 and N345.5 billion by mid-2018. So,what causes the exponential increase in the subsidy payment? The kind of corruption going on is akin to that of Abacha's regime. In fact Abacha would be seen as a saint.
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by being(m): 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2019
Subsidy was removed in 2016 and prices became 145. If removed now prices will go over 200 grin
Truth is we cant really call it subsidy.
We import fuel and we sell crude.
If price of crude goes up- the govt gains and landing cost of petrol increases. Why should we the citizens pay that increase while the govt keeps its gains?
And so under recovery is really a better word to call it not subsidy

We can extend this relationship to forex rate too.
When exchange rate moved from 184/ $1 to N306/ $1,
the govt gained more naira per oil dollar. And landing cost of refined fuel in naira also further increased due to this factor.
Again is it fair the Nigerian on d street pay for this increase when the govt is making much more gains from the same factor? There is nothing like subsidy people!!
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2019
Useless governors are simply looking for other sources of funds to steal from. Of course we know that subsidy is unsustainable. So is the fact that none of the refineries is working and Nigeria imports every drop of pms it consumes.

Which of these issues should logically be addressed first? And how hard is it to track down and jail the saboteurs in our midst who lift fuel from the depots and divert it to our West African neighbours?
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by jokotus: 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
2012 protest agaisnt subsidy was stage by this government. they taught that there was noting like sudsidy, i pacitipated in the protest unknowinly to many of us that the unrest that time was to portray the Jonathan goverment in bad way. Now the so call carbal are now shouting about the subsidy unsustainable. You fool million of Nigeria then, haba! what a wicked word we find ourself in this nation.
The almighty God will judge you for the pain that nigeria is going through in the pass four and half year
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by stieyven(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2019
NLSavage:
Naija which way?
God Punish anybody that voted the dullard in.
All he cares about is Cows, Cows and more Cows!!
Very confused government
angry
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by charmi1(f): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
I am living at Kalawad Road in Rajkot. I want to tell all the people that how free classifieds in rajkot taught me to never give up. See, everybody was brought into the world with the absolute capacity to be glad. So, we have no reason to be sad. By and by, I believe this is on the grounds that we've instructed ourselves to be miserable.
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by onatisi(m): 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
i cant stop laughing at nigerians grin grin grin grin grin

enjoy the next level guys
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by Badonasty(m): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2019
ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/continuous-payment-of-oil-subsidy-not-sustainable-say-governors

lol...so na governors pay solidarity visit go meet new NNPC boss....that's to show you how powerful NNPC GMD is
Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by Lightening: 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
FarahAideed:
Which subsidy are they talking off ? Buhari has said he is not doing subsidy at all but under recovery which is not subsidy

You dey mind them? Buhari, Shonekan, Abacha, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, Yar Adua, Goodluck and now Buhari. All Increased the pump price of fuel in a bid to remove the subsidy. E no dey remove finish?

1 Like

Re: Governors Kick Against Fuel Subsidy, Say ‘It’s Not Sustainable’ by charmi1(f): 9:22am On Jul 18, 2019
Free Classifieds In Ahmedabad > https:///ahmedabadclassified

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Pays 13th Month Salaries To Workers. / Chelsea Sack Manager, Jose Mourinho / Albert Obazee Turns Racist Asking An Igbo Hawker To Go To His State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.