Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,415 members, 7,836,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN (13306 Views)

Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Ariwoola As CJN / Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Lamido Yuguda As SEC DG / Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
Dpharisee:
Now the man has total control of the Executive, the Legislature and Judiciary.
I hope that now that he has only the people he wants in all arms of Govt he wont blame 16 years of PDP for poor performance .

Actually he has all he needs in place so as to unleash his real plans for Nigeria. Wait and see what he does in the next 4 years.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by themanderon: 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2019
The judiciary will now become a huge joke. Longer than the 4th of July parade. Prepare yourself for shoddy judgements.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by omoiyalayi(m): 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2019
Even though I don't like his style of govern ace

But on the other hand looking @ the way buhari is dealing with pdp and their cohorts in this game of power, I cannot but give to him

If it was pdp getting the upper hands like this the story would ve been somtin else

Imagine onoghen romancing pdp & still maintaining the office of cjn
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by UncleJudax(m): 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
Lamasta:

If judiciary works corruption will be fought without bias and politicians will be held accountable trust me
You missed my message. Since Nigeria doesn't have electricity, a functional and independent judiciary is a tall order.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Lovelive: 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2019
AllenSpencer:
Nice one!

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)
And God curses you ZON.B
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Lovelive: 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
tech18:

Up Baba PMB

Up Baba Tanko

Down you ZON.B
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Lovelive: 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
FarahAideed:
Shame on Femi Falana
And shame on Femi Adesina too.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Lovelive: 5:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
Rule4God:
A failure like PMB will remain failure!
Give him everything, he'll still fail.

Remind me when he leave Aso Rock
I foresee it.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by AllenSpencer: 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2019
[s]
Lovelive:

And God curses you ZON.B
[/s]
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by bigfish3k: 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2019
bishopkay:
Litmus test passed! If you know you know hehehe

yes i know
osun state things
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Dakad: 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2019
Typical of Nigerian. PMB actually pocketed Judiciary indeed. He even instructed them to give a crucial judgement in favour of PDP in Zamfara. By the time we condemn every system in the name of hatred to me I don't know how we will defend such system if it give judgment in our favor. Whenever it goes our way, it's victory for democracy but if it's other way, then the judiciary is compromised

Lamasta:
That's the game plan right from the onset 'to remove Ononghen in the name of corruption and put Tanko Mohammed as the CJN and when another party comes in that one too will remove current CJN and install his own too and the cycle continues, now tell me HOW CAN THE JUDICIARY BE AUTONOMOUS?
Enough of all this let our institutions operate in an autonomous environment and atmosphere that's when our democracy can thrive cool
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by dochenaj: 9:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
Lamasta:

If Abacha can go then anything can happen
Okay I get your point, na God fit do that one.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by nedzuby: 9:55pm On Jul 11, 2019
ladiesreject:

Who wrote the Nigerian Constitution?

How can a president appoint CJ, a supposed independent body? How can a president appoint INEC chairman, another supposedly independent body?

How do you expect the people heading this independent bodies to perform their duties without interference from the executive?

500 million years this country no go better, problems just too much.

They need to rewrite the constitution and decentralise the system, the president is just too powerful, which is not supposed to be so.

He shouldn't have control over independent bodies.

They should choose their own leaders

NJC recommendation
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 11, 2019
This man showed with the Osun case that he can play ball that’s why he got the job

Buhari has put his lackey as CJN
A Senate President he hand picked will confirm the CJN
No separation of power whatsoever

Our democracy has been served to the dogs

I have no faith anymore in the Nigerian system

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don’t Waste Your Time Going To Supreme Court, Sagay Counsels Atiku / Senators Receive Saudi Arabia Delegates At The National Assembly.. Photos / Dennis Otiotio: Jonathan Not Yet An APC Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.