Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN (13295 Views)

Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Ariwoola As CJN / Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Lamido Yuguda As SEC DG / Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2019
Buhari thinks he is smart

He is turning Nigeria into a Banana Republic slowly
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Rule4God(m): 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2019
FarahAideed:
Shame on Femi Falana

Big point there!

Only for those who may know

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Kylekent59: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2019
Let them obey immediately. He is the president and should be honoured.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Bet9ja606: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]See Below
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by stonegarden: 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2019
Thank you buhari for uniting the south

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Bet9ja606: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2019
[color=#770077][/color]See Below
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by anonymous1759(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2019
Lamasta:
That's the game plan right from the onset 'to remove Ononghen in the name of corruption and put Tanko Mohammed as the CJN and when another party comes in that one too will remove current CJN and install his own too and the cycle continues, now tell me HOW CAN THE JUDICIARY BE AUTONOMOUS?
Enough of all this let our institutions operate in an autonomous environment and atmosphere that's when our democracy can thrive cool

... I don't even know what to tell you. Is Onoghen corrupt or not?? Someone that the NUJ begged for his soft landing so he won't be sacked without benefits and you're here saying thrash. If Onoghen was sacked without any just course I would have supported you but he violated the law there's nothing like APC used corruption as an excuse to sack him it doesn't make sense.
And Tanko is the next in line not that he was handpicked let's stop sentiment a reason.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by MYHUBBY: 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2019
Lamasta:
That's the game plan right from the onset 'to remove Ononghen in the name of corruption and put Tanko Mohammed as the CJN and when another party comes in that one too will remove current CJN and install his own too and the cycle continues, now tell me HOW CAN THE JUDICIARY BE AUTONOMOUS?
Enough of all this let our institutions operate in an autonomous environment and atmosphere that's when our democracy can thrive cool

you can't say it more than that. democracy is a scam. the words check&balance and separation of powers do amuse me whenever I see how executive is appointing judiciary head and influencing legislature principals election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by LowerPriceData0(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
What do you expect before
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Sparkle777(f): 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
Hahaahaahaa, not surprised at all. We are in the Mohammed and Cattle Republic.
Hate to say this, but I told y'all so. This man is a nepotistic, tribalistic, fanatic, boko haramite. Yep, I said it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Edyice: 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
Everything is northerners

Every big post northerners grin

Nigeria my country grin
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Racoon(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mission accomplished!
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Lamasta(m): 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
UncleJudax:

Haha...you no get light...na judiciary go come work?

grin
If judiciary works corruption will be fought without bias and politicians will be held accountable trust me
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Lamasta(m): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
MYHUBBY:

you can't say it more than that. democracy is a scam. the words check&balance and separation of powers do amuse me whenever I see how executive is appointing judiciary head and influencing legislature principals election
It shows that the masses don't have a say in this government and opposition will just be shouting without any impact cos its an arranged government
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Enemyofpeace: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2019
Las las pretence don end mtcheew
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Enemyofpeace: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2019
Racoon:
Mission accomplished!
yes o
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Azumagcc(m): 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2019
Inhibitions:
Fulani everywhere. North Nigeria and South Nigeria wouldn't be a bad idea. We can trade tomatoes

Atiku is Igbo man?
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by MYHUBBY: 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2019
Lamasta:

It shows that the masses don't have a say in this government and opposition will just be shouting without any impact cos its an arranged government

which says? in a govt that don't respect rule of law? there is nothing Nigerians can do until revolution happened, unfortunately those that can kick start the revolution had been caged with religion and power inferiority

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Lamasta(m): 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2019
anonymous1759:

... I don't even know what to tell you. Is Onoghen corrupt or not?? Someone that the NUJ begged for his soft landing so he won't be sacked without benefits and you're here saying thrash. If Onoghen was sacked without any just course I would have supported you but he violated the law there's nothing like APC used corruption as an excuse to sack him it doesn't make sense.
And Tanko is the next in line not that he was handpicked let's stop sentiment a reason.
If another government comes in tomorrow they will do the same thing too. And the cycle continues that's the message am trying to pass not that am supporting Ononghen after all Jonathan removed Justice Salami of the appeal court if am not mistaken?
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by oloyedewaris(m): 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2019
someone should pls check on atiku
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by 2blessed01(m): 1:53pm On Jul 11, 2019
...Just As Expected!

I WeeP 4 ATIKU In Cameroon Language!!!

Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by wink2015(m): 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has forwarded the name of the acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad to the Senate for approval as the substantive Chief Justice of Nigeria.

The Presidents request was sent in a letter to the Senate on Thursday.

A second letter was also sent by President Muhammdu Buhari, seeking the approval for the appointment of 15 special advisers.

Buhari’s request comes a day after the National Judicial Council (NJC) rose from an Emergency Meeting to recommend to the President, the appointment of Hon. Dr. Justice Tanko Muhammad, as the substantive Chief Justice of Nigeria.

The NJC also on Wednesday recommended eight other persons as Heads of Court.

Following a meeting which was initially presided over by Hon. Mr. Justice Umaru Abdullahi, CON, the NJC said it considered and approved the recommendation of its Interview Committee that screened the two candidates presented by the Federal Judicial Service Commission to it for appointment as Chief Justice of Nigeria

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/07/11/breaking-buhari-ask-senate-to-confirm-tanko-mohammad-as-cjn/amp/

The Sacking of Justice Onnoghen is a bad precedent which can not be wish away.

ALL THIS ARE TO FULFILL BUHARI 'S FULANIZATION AGENDA.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Kennydoc(m): 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2019
Dpharisee:
Now the man has total control of the Executive, the Legislature and Judiciary.
I hope that now that he has only the people he wants in all arms of Govt he wont blame 16 years of PDP for poor performance .
If APC remains in power for 20 years, they will still keep blaming PDP
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
Nice one. Buhari is unstoppable
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by 2mch(m): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
I don’t think this CJN should be confirmed. The CJN can be used to upturn and change laws like the land use act. We need someone from another tribe as CJN to check Buhari. Buhari is getting out of control. Also the Army heads must be diversified. Buhari has shown that he puts sentiment before logic and interest of the country.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2019
Our southern land going going
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by dochenaj: 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2019
Lamasta:
How do you suppose another party is going to take over, anytime soon? PDP under Jonathan was weak, but that is very unlikely to happen with this ruthless APC.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2019
Buhari has done well. The next government in power should toe his line. Allot every position deem fit to your people.
Nigeria loves nepotism.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by wakes: 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
ok
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by Lamasta(m): 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2019
dochenaj:

How do you suppose another party is going to take over, anytime soon? PDP under Jonathan was weak, but that is very unlikely to happen with this ruthless APC.
If Abacha can go then anything can happen
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Tanko Mohammad As CJN by emptor(m): 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
Lol. As planned. Premeditated act.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ortom: FG’s Silence On Insecurity A Continuation Of 1804 Jihadist Movement / Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm / Open Secret: Beware! Not Only Oduah, Many More Are In Their Crosshairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.