Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? (941 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Is A Green Snake Under The Green Grass – Obasanjo / Heavy Rain in TBS , Surulere Stadium that brooms cant sweep, God Angry With APC? / Is ACN Any Better Than PDP Or Just A Snake Under The Green Grass? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 10, 2007
Dear Nigerians,

Please see the link below and tell us where to go from here.

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/may/10/808.html

A wild snake is being swept under the carpet, is it possible?
Re: Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? by Bankole01(m): 6:39pm On May 10, 2007
noblezone:

Dear Nigerians,

A wild snake is being swept under the carpet, is it possible?

Why not? we have we have been living with obasnakejo for eight years!!!!!!!!

What about the charade called April elections, those are snakes and scorpions which as we speak are being swept under our front doors and under our beds, whether we like it or not, we are going to be living with them for the next four years at least.

That is the lot of Nigerians, suffering and smiling, resolute, meek and cowardly to the end!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? by Mamajama(m): 7:07pm On May 10, 2007
The caption of this post has no correlation to the FACT that TWO FOOLS were out to sabotage the election. the question should be WHO is the GOD FATHER? WHO sponsored this culprits? They should have been BURNT to send a clear ZERO TOLERANCE message to other perpetrators across the country.
Re: Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 10, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

The caption of this post has no correlation to the FACT that TWO FOOLS were out to sabotage the election. the question should be WHO is the GOD FATHER? WHO sponsored this culprits? They should have been BURNT to send a clear ZERO TOLERANCE message to other perpetrators across the country.

MAMAJAMA,

The live snake I am talking about is the FACt that there was no election in Anambra State and the Federal Govt is sweeping it under the carpet.  The FACt that the INEC led by Iwu betrayed the people by working out a script from Aso Rock to impose certain people upon us as our leaders.  Those two fellows caught are just the victims.  The pawns on the chase board of political game masters. Surely they will die in police custody so that certain names will not be mentioned. Not that I pity them though. 

The man who was arrested on the day of the elections with already finished result sheets (without elections) mentioned the name of who gave them to him.  That person happens to be a member of the PDP campaign team in Anambra state.  No arrest has been made and non will be made.  Do you know why?  Because those people involved are protected against the law.  They have the backing of the PDP guber candidate in the person of Andy Uba.  Andy Uba has the backing of both Iwu and OBJ.  Any body who opposes them is an enemy of the state.

Yet, let them continue to sweep this live and wild snake under the carpet and in due time we will know whether it is really possible.

Andy Uba is riding a stolen horse and even if Yaradua was actually going to win the elections, they should at least had allowed us to vote for him.  If these elections stand, then Nigeria has only laid foundation for corruption. 

Election rigging is the worst corruption for that is the ladder through which corrupt people climb to power.
Re: Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? by Bankole01(m): 7:57pm On May 10, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

There will be a lot of bodies then. From Obasanjo, Maurica Iwu, Adedibu, all PDP governors and legislators. The only two States with credible or any semblance of elections.
Re: Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 10, 2007
In Nigerian polittricks, anything is possible
Re: Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? by Bankole01(m): 9:26pm On May 10, 2007
Bankole01:

There will be a lot of bodies then. From Obasanjo, Maurica Iwu, Adedibu, all PDP governors and legislators. The only two States with credible or any semblance of elections.

The two States are Lagos and Kano
Re: Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? by angel101(f): 10:24am On May 11, 2007
its more like a time bomb waiting to explode. it surely will no matter how long it takes.
Re: Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? by Afam(m): 5:55pm On May 11, 2007
Bankole01:

The two States are Lagos and Kano

Is it because the PDP did not win in Lagos state?

Can you state that AC did not rig the election in Lagos state with all certainty?

What is the criteria for knowing states that had real elections?
Re: Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? by Nobody: 8:33am On May 12, 2007
Afam:

Is it because the PDP did not win in Lagos state?

Can you state that AC did not rig the election in Lagos state with all certainty?

What is the criteria for knowing states that had real elections?

No body can state anything about this elections with any certainty.  I am sure that even Iwu of a clown cannot tell everything as some were out of his hands.  I have respect for Tinubu, but then the AC people are not more civilised than the PDP guys, the only difference is that the present INEC is like a youth wing of the PDP.  The police and other law enfrocement agents are for the PDP.  I don't trust Kalu of Abia, PPA must have also rigged.  Neither can I stake my N1 for the ANPP guys. The parties names are different, but the same "do or die" political blood do flow in their veins.

If we love Nigeria and hope for a future, then this whole sham must be cancelled.  the present INEC must be disbanded, while Iwu and all those who undermined our sacred constition must be punished accordingly. A new truelly Independent Electoral Commision should then be setup by a special committee to be formed by the three arms of the government, perhaps under the watchful of eyes of either the common wealth or The Human Rights Watch.  It is obvious that we help as a country. 

We need an Independent Electoral Commision that wont be a purpet of any body. Yet, if we ignore this wild and live snake and sweep it under the carpet, then we have only designed a monster that will consume Nigeria.  Internal colonialism will brew anarchy and anarchy when it matures will fragment Nigeria. Now is the time to act.
Re: Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? by Afam(m): 9:30am On May 12, 2007
Will you allow for an interim government to conduct a fresh election and if yes would you allow OBJ to head it?

If no, will it be headed by Atiku or the Senate president? If yes, then these people will also be overstaying their constitutionally approved terms unless you are ok with any tenure extension as long as it is not Baba himself.
Re: Is It Possible To Sweep A Live Snake Under The Carpet? by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 14, 2007
First and foremost, I will like to say that we have a difficult situation in our hands.  I think the English people calls it "between the devil and the deep sea" wherein one is left with the option of a lesser evil".  Me thinks that allowing the sham of an election to stay will undermine whatever democratic gains we have so far.  We know that to some extent that election rigging is the nature of certain politicians, but when both the governmnet of the day and the electoral umpire conspire against the people, it is worse than a coup deta and far worse than the looting of a states treasury.  A government through a coup no matter how and what it does still knows that it is a froced government without any legitamacy, but here we have a forced government with legitimate claims.  The looting of a states treasury can be contained through a good electoral process where the people are allowed to make their choice of leadership. yet here we are, the lootings cannot be contained because the leaders are not answerable to the people.

My position is that we must find a way to do it irght.  If the people through ignorance vote in a thief, it is the peoples cup of tea and I dont see any big deal in that since the people have the power, they can also remove the thief.  We can learn by making mistakes, but here we are not allowed to participate, let alone make mistakes so as to to learn.

Now to your question, the senate president has been accused of having this ambition to rule Nigeria through the back door, I dont know him or his ambitions, but under the circumstances he should not head an interium govermment.  For the shame of third term and the fued of Atikus ambition, neither of OBJ and Atiku should head an interium goverment.

Yes, I support that the poles be cancelled but the question is where and how do we go from here?

Firstly, I am convinced that Nigeria as it is currently constituted cannot conduct a free and fair elections.  Something is wrong with the system and we should deal with it.  I am convinced that the failed Nigerian Police Force, the state of PHCN (NEPA), the sabotage of our economy at various levels, the ethnic/religious cleansing in North, the Northern/Southern bais, the ethnic/religious bais, the MASSOB agitations, the OPC struggles, the MEND voilence and and last but not the list, our inability to conduct creditble elections (and lots more) are all the signs of a failed state.

Somebody will quickly remind me of the Nwosu led NEC and how it conducted a free and fair elsctions.  Fine, but then that free and free election was never allowed to see the light of the day and there was nothing we could about it.  The reason?  Some thing is wrong with our system.  As it stands now, the greatest problem of Ngieria is about elections, electoral process such as we just witnessed is as a result of our fraudulent and sturcture.  So rathter than cancel this particular one and  start another one with the same structures as it is, I will opt for leaving matters the way they are and let us see the patchups we can  make from electoral tribunals and courts.  Yet, we must relaise that they would be only patchups because after four years, we would just have the same senario of electoral fraud.  It is flowing in the system, it is produced by the system.  Allowing things the way they are, is not a long term solution.  

On the long term solution,

an Interium government should be formed in this wise.

The six zones should produce representatives on non party bases through Nwosus option A4 (it worked).  Example, the South East must produce a representative through election by 5 delegates from each of the five states.  The Anambra State delegate must be produced through election by 21 delegates from the 21 local govts.  Each of the local govt delegate must be produced through elections by delagates from the wards.  Remember is on non party bases, so each ward must have an election to produce their own delegate.  

The zonal delegates will elect the interium president.  The job of the interium govt is not to conduct elections immidiately, rather to organise a National Conference.  Delegates to the conference will be all the elected delegates from all the local govts.  The local govt delegates will work hand in hand with the ward delegates.  The Conference will decided the fate and future of Nigeria and from there produce a new constitution that will truelly be the peoples constitution.  Only after the constitution will elections be held in accordance with the new constitution.

Time and space are scarce for me here, so take this as just a tip of the ice bag.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

(1) (Reply)

I Will Deliver In 2009, Says Yar’adua / Obama The Antichrist / Generator Importers Frustrating Power Projects-Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.