Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE (11901 Views)

SA Pastor Prays Snake Spirit Into Members, Then Sends Them To Nigeria - Pics / Mob Destroys South Africa Snake Pastor's Church, Set It On Fire (photos) / Woman Vomits Python Snake During Spiritual Deliverance In Church In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE by DeepSight(m): 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Is this thread nonsensical?

^^ 
Re: THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE by NegroNtns(m): 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2010
I am particularly interested in the association of the snake with that which is termed "evil female sensuality."

Calm down DeepSight cheesy

Out of evil came good and out of good came evil! The two are inseparable! The vibration of creation is beyond reason. Your mind is very alert and hungry for knowledge but certain knowledge cannot be acquired but must be developed. Let me give you a quote here from Chaka Khan from one of her songs. . .

"I cast a spell, the secret of which you know not. . . ., I brew drink, put fire into you"

To the ordinary eye, this is evil and wicked but to the trained insight this is woman in her purest state of love and desire. Love is violent. . . and here you see that violent poetically expressed! lol!!

Oh God, Lord of Creation. . . this Negro prays to be blessed with a woman in a pure state of violent love, Amen! grin
Re: THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE by DeepSight(m): 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ Inesqor - I had written my perceptions of the legend of Eden to Mad Max sometime ago -

Could it be that the legend related in Genesis regarding the fall of man in Eden is not a reference to an event that occured in this world, but rather describes the departure of the spirit of mankind from the eternal spiritual realm into the world of matter?

This would tally with many things. A forbidden fruit would be the world of matter. Entering into it would bring about knowledge of good and evil, as presumably there is no evil in the realm from which the spirit came. Or there is just pure neutrality. Casting out man from the garden would be sending the spirit out of the spiritual realm into the world of matter. Wearing animal skins is a clear indicator of the physical bodies that man must wear to live in the physical world. Such bodies bear close resemblances to animal bodies. It is instructive that the fruit is given by the woman, since it is by women that we are born into the world of matter. On top of all that God promises that if man eats the fruit he shall die. It is certain that death is only known to man once he has entered the world of matter. Above all the reference to the Lord God strolling in the Garden and communing daily with man there on a one to one basis indicates that this was a spiritual realm where God's presence was.

Most instructively however, the TREE OF LIFE was said to reside in the garden. Crucially, it is said to be guarded by cherubs and a flaming sword after the fall of man. That says it all; it could not have been this earth. It was another realm. The ultimate realm.

1. What do you think of this interpretation and -

2. If it finds rhyme with you, what then would you say the role of the snake actually was?
Re: THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE by Joagbaje(m): 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2010
I've not  read very detail on this thread yet. I may be repeating what someone else has posted probably .
The serpernt is a symbol of wisdom, health ,sin, and the devil.

Symbol of Satan
It is true that the serpent stands out among every other animal. It was created to be a four legged animal and fool of wisdom. Until Satan used it's body as a medium that led to mans fall. So it became an object synonymous with Satan .

Revelation 12:9
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Symbol of sin
The serpent also symbolise Sin. When the people of God sinned against God , they were attacked by poisnous fiery serpents and many died. Until God instructed Moses to mold a brassen serpent and hung it on a tree , though many says it symbolise christ but the truth is it symbolised Sin nailed on the cross. Jesus became sin. So the focus was sin and not Jesus .
John 3:14
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Symbol of health
Serpent is used universally for logo among health workers. Which also had it's link to the biblical story of the brazen serpent.

Numbers21:8
8 And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh uponw it, shall live.

Symbol of wisdom
In several scriptures , wisdom and craftiness was an attribute of the serpent.

Genesis 3:1
1 The snake was more clever than all the wild animals the LORD God had made.

Matthew 10:16
16 ---- be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Symbol of evil and darkness

Luke 10:19
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 

The serpent really stands out among animals. In the new earth , the curses upon our earth and man and animals will be removed. It's worthy to know that the only animal that will not be redeemed is THE SERPENT.The curse will follow it to the new earth.

Isaiah 65:17
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind----
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust[ shall be] the serpent's meat
Re: THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2010
^^^ I dare say History might repeat itself on New Earth when curses from the past are not also left in the past
Re: THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE by joshelen(m): 7:24pm On Oct 12, 2010
it is high time we realised that the snake and the serpent of the Bible in Genesis 3:1 are two different creatures. The serpent could speak and was upright before the curse and creeping animals were created before the serpent was cursed. The Bible even refered to the serpent as the devil himself (Rev 12:9, 20:2), so swe need to understaand the the serpent was used by the devil to perpetrate the evil in the book of Genesis. If you need to know u can call 08032269442.
Re: THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE by Recognise: 9:38pm On Oct 12, 2010
Joagbaje:

I've not  read very detail on this thread yet. I may be repeating what someone else has posted probably .

The serpernt is a symbol of wisdom, health ,sin, and the devil.

Symbol of Satan
It is true that the serpent stands out among every other animal.

It was created to be a four legged animal and full of wisdom.

Until Satan used it's body as a medium that led to mans fall. So it became an object synonymous with Satan .

OLAADEGBU:

[list]

[li]Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake and the snake didn't have a leg to stand on cry[/li]

[/list]

@OLAADEGBU

grin grin Nahin ooo. Whoosh! Just like that. Four legs to no legs

Joagbaje:

Revelation 12:9
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Genesis 3:1
1 The snake was more clever than all the wild animals the LORD God had made.

Symbol of evil and darkness

Luke 10:19
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 

The serpent really stands out among animals.

In the new earth, the curses upon our earth and man and animals will be removed.

It's worthy to know that the only animal that will not be redeemed is THE SERPENT. The curse will follow it to the new earth.

Isaiah 65:17;25

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind----
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat

@Joagbaje

What is this dust that is the serpent's meat please?

Can the dust escape the receiving end of this plague or affliction?

If yes, how?

Genesis 2:7 KJV:

And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground,

and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul

Genesis 3:14 KJV:

And the LORD God said unto the serpent,

Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field;

upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Genesis 3:17; 19 KJV:

17And unto Adam he said,

Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it:

cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life;

19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground;

for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return

Isaiah 65:25:

The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat.

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Re: THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:05am On Oct 13, 2010
@Recognize, you are able to sift hidden-meaning from an abstract that is pivotal and tightly interwoven to material events surrounding the Serpent (Snake) of the Bible. I commend your insight.

It is unfortunate that a good majority of Bible readers or devotees (Christians) of the Bible are all too engrossed in the direct interpretation of its contents using a ladder approach i.e the lower rung must lead to the next rung and so forth because God is infallible and cannot be seen to contradict himself in anyway. I contend that GOD is not a dealer in confusion but a master of abstraction (some open-mysteries intertwined in straight-forward narratives). All thanks to the Serpent (Snake) we now possess the potential/power of Insight what is left is to determine the Origin, Meaning and Purpose of the Snake [/b]and why eat [b]Dust

1:  In the Babylonian creation epic Enuma Elish, the goddess Ninhursag created humans from clay.
2:  In Nigeria, the Yoruba culture holds that the god Obatala likewise created the human race from clay.
3: In Egyptian mythology, the ram-headed god Khnum made people from clay in the waters of the Nile.
4: In Chinese myth, the goddess Nuwa created the first humans from mud and clay.
5: According to Qur'an (23:12–15), Allah created man from clay.
6: Mayan myth holds that Tepeu and Kukulkan (Quetzalcoatl) made the first humans from clay, but they were unsatisfactory.
7: The Maori people believe that Tane Mahuta, God of the forest, created the first woman out of clay and breathed life into her.

So the Dust does have significance and the Act of Eating by the Snake
Re: THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE by Bollinger(m): 12:10am On Nov 11, 2016
DeepSight:
What is the spiritual significance of the snake.

I ask this because religious, spiritual, mythical and legendary lore all across the world seem so interwoven with this creature - almost to the degree of universal obsession.

I am certain that there is no other creature that has been so worshiped and reviled by humanity. Many people in modern times consciously or unconsciously associate it with evil. On the other hand, many cultures worship it and regard it as sacred. Snakes occupy a very high status in Hindu traditions.

At all events most people seem to have strong views regarding snakes. There is a wealth of tradition across the globe casting snakes in terms of rites of fertility, renewal, rebirth, se.xuality and sensuality, gods, goddesses and demons, in a fashion that no other creature can rival.

Can we perhaps discuss the varied views regarding the spirituality or significance of the serpent.

[size=5pt]Hardened materialists, your valid objections already noted beforehand and accepted, so please leave we the superstitious to this discussion, thanks.[/size]
You can't even spell and you want to lecture us on spirituality. Ok.
Re: THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE by DeepSight(m): 12:15am On Nov 11, 2016
Bollinger:

You can't even spell and you want to lecture us on spirituality. Ok.

I had forgotten about this thread and perhaps you are obsessed with typos.

1 Like

Re: THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE by Bollinger(m): 1:13am On Nov 11, 2016
DeepSight:

I had forgotten about this thread and perhaps you are obsessed with typos.

You don't even know what a typo is. You call that a typo? Seriously? Jesus. Smh.
Re: THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE by DeepSight(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2016
Bollinger:

You don't even know what a typo is. You call that a typo? Seriously? Jesus. Smh.

Didn't even read anything and I do not know what spelling error you are referring to. You must be pretty petty and pedantic.
I still haven't read anything - for heavens sake I opened this thread six years ago!

Ps: It just occurred to me perhaps you are referring to "Spiritualitie" as I wrote in my title.
If, and just if, that is the case, then you are a buffoon.

Otherwise you are simply pedantic.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? / The Atheist's Prayer / Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.