Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,336 members, 7,864,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:32 PM

A Story By Tayo Olabowale (feyiwrites) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story By Tayo Olabowale (feyiwrites) (345 Views)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Story By Tayo Olabowale (feyiwrites) by FeyiWrites(f): 10:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
#THEUNVEILING!
(Episode 2)

Written by: Tayo Olabowale

Ore, is a lover of God who finds working passionately for God, pleasurable. Apart from being a teenage teacher at church, she's a youth counsellor. She ministers to youths through conferences, seminars and talk shows but her nature of job seemed to be getting the best part of her, against her wish. The tight schedules in the past year made her a usual late comer to church.
Ore wasn't pleased with the whole thing and since, it's the first Sunday of a new year, Ore thought of beginning the new year on a fresh page. She made a decision to always go to church early regardless of whatever her weekly schedule looked like.

After she'd her morning devotions, she hurriedly had a hot bath and thought of what to wear to church.

"I would have loved to wear a native attire but Grace is not here to tie my gele(headgear) and if I don't make a choice now, I doubt I'd make it early to church." Ore said to herself looking curious and searching her wardrobe for what to wear..
After the long search for an outfit of her choice, she finally wore an ash coloured blazzer, a white inn and baby pink coloured skirt. She folded her clothes and arranged them neatly in the wardrobe.
She then wore, a pair black high heeled sandals and carried one of her favorite black bags.. Then, off to church, she went.

"Standing here for long hours to get a taxi or bus is not something I really enjoy, it is my prayer that God provides me a new beautiful car this year, atleast that would help my new year resolution of making it early to church."
Ore thought, after waiting for 35 minutes.
"Ogba! Ogba!!!" The bus conductor called out,
She hurriedly hopped into the bus and thanked God for making her plans of getting to church early a reality, against all odds.
"Hello! Sister Ore! Happy Sunday o." Judith, one of the youths greeted Ore.
"Sisterly! Same to you ma. Happy New year!" Ore grinned.
"I trust you enjoyed the service today because mine was really glorious and blissful!, I had a beautiful time in God's presence today" Judith said.

"It was awesome Sis. The praise and worship session was intense! It pays to be an anointed worshipper in a world, where emotional worshippers are taking the lead, I was ushered into God's presence and I wish it continued." Ore replied smiling with her hands folded.

"Yes Sis, I thank God for our spirit filled choir here. May the Lord continue to strengthen them."

"Amen! I thought I have had it all until Pastor Funsho mounted the pulpit, today's message was really a powerful one.!" Ore replied.

"Seekers of His glory". Judith continued, "Sister Ore, I felt as though he was talking to me particularly but I have learnt that the word of God is powerful than a two-edged sword, it pierces deep even unto the dividing of the joints and marrow. I was elated, indeed we still have carriers of God's presence."

Judith and Ore were blessed indeed. While they exchanged pleasantries with other members of the church, Ore got a call from her pastor, he'd call to see her.

(In his office)
"How are you, Oreoluwa?" Pastor John asked while he dropped the tea cup he was carrying earlier.
"I'm fine sir, how is the family too?" Ore replied, adjusting her legs.
"We are doing well by His grace. So, I learnt that you told the marriage commitee to keep your courtship approval with Bro Micheal pending. I hope all is well?"
"Ermm (She stuttered) Yes sir, It's just that I am not convicted to go with him again.."
Ore replied picking her fingers..
"You mean you are not convicted again after all the prayers and confirmations? Is everything alright?" Pastor John was amazed.
"Yes sir, I just need some time to think about it well. I guess I'm about to make a long time mistake." Ore snapped.
Pastor John: Oh I see! Are you seeing someone else? Or is it something we can talk about?
Ore, now becoming uncomfortable "No sir, Bro Micheal is confused I think."
"Wow, Okay..."
Pastor John was interrupted by a knock on the door,
"Who's there? Please come in.
A fair skinned, tall man named Micheal walked in. "Good afternoon sir. You called for me sir.
"Yes I did, please take your seat." Pastor John ushered Micheal a seat.

"What is the meaning of all these? What is pastor John up to now for God's sake?" Ore thought within and looked away trying not to have an eye contact with Micheal.
"Good afternoon Sister Ore, how are you? Micheal asked.

"I'm fine!" Ore replied sharply.
She was about turning to look up to Pastor John when her phone rang....

#Tobecontinued
#Feyiwrites
#TheUnveiling.
-Tayo Olabowale

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Observation / 5th World Jane / Get Paid With Ease Every Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.