Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,538 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad (16856 Views)

Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Monstrous Mothers Who Killed Their Own Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by LadyT(f): 1:05am On Oct 18, 2010
Dayo please service gestapo shes on heat see how shes agreeing with everything you say and jumping on anyone who dares to disagree.

*rolls eyes*

1 Like

Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by Nobody: 2:44am On Oct 18, 2010
gestapo:

and now i even more vexed since i heard just the tyres alone cost you £8k angry I demand you send a 2010 car of this same car to my personal garage before this week runs out to calm down my nerves otherwise i will send my boys down to collect duty on the wholesale fake TURA you have been supplying African Michael Jackson wannabe Mr Oam4J angry grin

OAM4Jenny please angry angry
Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by Nobody: 2:54am On Oct 18, 2010
gestapo:

What is funny you daft bint, was that what i said or do you have problem with reading angry You have to always show off you are in England, you don't even bother reading before posting, sorry o Madam everyone on nairaland must know by force that i am from United kingdom, mschewwwww angry angry And since when did getting pregnant and carrying it for 9 months become a disability that requires women to be issued an Emmy or Grammy award for

You are joking right?

dayokanu:

Thank God this is coming from another woman cos if to say na Man write am dem for don bring down the roof.

No one mandated anyone to get Pregnant and have babies. Women who do it, do so because they love to and it should be a thing to blackmail ppl about.

"Do you know I carried my baby for nine months" Who send you message?

When the couple in question didn't have a child did they know what the man too went through? But now its the womans baby because she carried for 9months. NONSENSE

Wait until you see your wife in the labour room, Wait until your wife wakes you up at night to pop some pillows behind her back because she can't sleep, Wait until you see her discomfort for 9 months, wait until you have to wear and buckle up ur wife sandals for her cos she cant bend down, wait until you have to help her scrub her legs in the shower, wait until the contractions start, infact make sure she takes no epidural, wait until you see her push with all her might in the labour room(and I pray she has a normal delivery), wait until you help cut the cord, wait until you watch them sow up that area if she had a tear, wait and watch her get well for 6 weeks, wait until you see your wife survived it all.

Do you know how many women die before, during and after childbirth? do you know how many women bleed to death after pushing? do you know how many kids are on formula cos mummy couldn't make it? do you know how many homes have been left empty cos there is no mum? do you know how many women wished to hold their babies in their hands but never made it?

Do you dayo know that any woman that survíves all of these should be appreciated? Tell me which woman wouldnt receive a medal if she survives these?

1 Like

Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by dayokanu(m): 7:14am On Oct 18, 2010
^^^ I think the women who had children didnt see themselves doing anyone a favour but rather having kids because they want to and that shouldnt be a reason to hold anyone to ransom.

I carried him for 9 months bla bla bla
Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by tigerpaws(f): 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2010
dayokanu:

^^^ I think the women who had children didnt see themselves doing anyone a favour but rather having kids because they want to and that shouldnt be a reason to hold anyone to ransom.

I carried him for 9 months bla bla bla

I’m so glad; we live in two different countries hence, we will never meet (not by chance for a relationship)  tongue    tongue     grin   !! !

C'mon dayok tell me u r kiddin' me, rite   undecided

1 Like

Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by tigerpaws(f): 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2010
gestapo:

I agree with Dayokanu on this issue, this was the same guy who stood by his wife for the 5 years she could not conceive, helped with the costly IVF procedure, donated his spermatozoa, rather than act like the typical Nigerian man and go and get another wife to replace her, NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN, HE IS EVIL AND HAS MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS BECAUSE OF HIS GENUINE CONCERN ABOUT HIS CHILDREN'S SAFETY AND FUTURE

And like Dayokanu said, this should have been discussed whilst courting. Mind you if this story had been = My husband wants to divorce me or I want to divorce my husband because he wants to send the children to Nigeria, these two faced hyprocrites would have been the one preaching to the girl to go on her knees, cook his favourite soup, seduce him, blah blah blah and if all this fails, agree with him, he is the head, respect him, don't question his authority, blah blah blah

Big ups to Myjoe, Makayibbz, and ziga for setting the record straight. One would think everyone in Nigeria drops dead before the age of 21 from numerous diseases the way some ojuorolari here condemns the Country undecided

Kids like svosi are reasons parents should raise their children in the Western world rather than ship them off to Africa  at all. Asians in the Uk send their kids home from age 7 compared to Africans who wait till child is 11 upwards, as they believe that is the right age to instill discipline and looking at statistics, whose children turn out worse? Which race is always making the headlines?

And as for the daft bint comparing crime rate to that in Nigeria, is it not in UK that a child is either stabbed or subjected to a violent assault every 45 seconds in the UK by another child? Is it not in the UK that you can't send your child to the next postcode or street because he will be chased and shanked(stabbed) by his fellow children for tresspassing their territory?  [b]Is this level of mindless violence available in Nigeria? And y'all can keep your head buried in the sand if you think this only happens in Hackney, Peckham, Stratford . . , undecided
[/b]

I will try to be nice n’ gentle with you dear

Don’t be ridiculous!  angry

A couple tries so hard to have kids and eventually found a set of twins using[i]' flash light searching thru a small hole '[/i] (IVF), the parents should be much more closer to kids after going thru such an ordeal to have kids of their own!

I will give up my corporate job and take up a teaching job in the kids school, to always have them in sight; if i was the parent!

Violence in USA; people are being killed everyday, young, old, the young are sent to country home (Nigeria for proper upbringing  'cos Nigeria is a safe haven, no record of crime rate, no kidnappings, no cultist, and there’s value for human lives    lipsrsealed ) but the old (parents) stay behind?    undecided

@ OP,

Parents have the role of bringing up their kids in the best possible way; not the Grandmother. The Grand is just an interfering woman! Did she give her son (the man in question) to her grandma for proper upbringing when he was little? 

1 Like

Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by dayokanu(m): 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2010
tigerpaws:

I’m so glad; we live in two different countries hence, we will never meet (not by chance for a relationship)  tongue    tongue     grin   !! !
C'mon dayok tell me u r kiddin' me, rite   undecided

So tell me who you are doing a favour by getting pregnant and having a baby? The father, the kids or the community
Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by ifyalways(f): 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2010
@Dayokanu,Pls,where is Toyosi? sad
Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by dayokanu(m): 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2010
I wish I knew. Havent seen her here for close to a year.

Maybe if you know someone who speaks to her offline
Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2010
^^ Dayo I say cool down and wait until you marry woman put for house

Do you know how many women end up with miscarriages every year? Do you know how many women that have died during childbirth? Why won't a woman receive a medal abeg if hers went well for her?

She is doing everybody a favour; i tell you why

Country/Community/home(Environment as a whole): who knows how much help that child is going to bring into an environment.

Husband: Not only has she made him a MAN but also made him a VERY PROUD ONE @THAT: She has helped your parents(father esp) through you continue the lineage, she has made you a future grand pa, great grand pa and great great. . . . She has made your manhood something to relate with and not some piece of thrash. she has made you the collector of brideprice/dowry in the coming future. The product of the nine months bla bla bla if female will make you one day walk boldly down the aisle holding your daughter's hand and giving it out proudly to her husband in the church on her wedding day.

Wife: She has been marked off the register of barreness, Shes been vindicated from family members who might call her a witch or a woman whose womb has been destroyed due to countless of abortions. She has made a day of "omugwo(after birth visitation)"

Lastly she has made you a man that will help teach/train your boys on how to become men and tell your daughters what to expect from men as they progress in life.

How dare you call it nine ´months bla bla bla?

1 Like

Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by MyJoe: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2010
tensor777:
I really don't know why you are telling all this. You think it makes any difference to my opinion about not sending my own children to live in the village??  
Because people filter water or because a lot of villagers have natural immunity to water-borne diseases??
What we should be talking about is that African villages are indeed lacking in basic infrastructure and the ways and means of ameliorating that and certainly  not all this "how to manage" talk.
I wonder what you are on about now, particularly what made you think I ever made a post in this thread to advise you on where to keep your kids!

Someone made a post implying that Nigerian villages are crawling with diseases and I made a post to point out the error in that, while making it clear the man in op in misguided in his desire to separate kids from their parents so they can go learn some culture. So how is it, sir, that what we should be talking about on this thread is infrastructure? Why not open a thread to address that since that's the topic after your heart, and since you think the problem of infrastructure is the property of "African villages", climes you clearly know nothing about, judging from your belief that a child stepping there is likely to get malaria from his first breath, typhoid from his first cup of water, and cholera from his first ball of fufu? And if you really don't know that learing "how to manage", making the best of unfavourable conditions and thriving in the midst of chaos is the greatest testimonial to the indomitableness of the human spirit . . .

Peace!

1 Like

Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by ifyalways(f): 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2010
dayokanu:

I wish I knew. Havent seen her here for close to a year.

Maybe if you know someone who speaks to her offline
wow.
Its hopeless then,if u dont know,i doubt anyone else do.
I have missed her.
Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by ifyalways(f): 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2010
jennykadry:

^^ Dayo I say cool down and wait until you marry woman put for house

Do you know how many women end up with miscarriages every year? Do you know how many women that have died during childbirth? Why won't a woman receive a medal abeg if hers went well for her?

She is doing everybody a favour; i tell you why

Country/Community/home(Environment as a whole): who knows how much help that child is going to bring into an environment.

Husband: Not only has she made him a MAN but also made him a VERY PROUD ONE @THAT: She has helped your parents(father esp) through you continue the lineage, she has made you a future grand pa, great grand pa and great great. . . . She has made your manhood something to relate with and not some piece of thrash. she has made you the collector of brideprice/dowry in the coming future. The product of the nine months bla bla bla if female will make you one day walk boldly down the aisle holding your daughter's hand and giving it out proudly to her husband in the church on her wedding day.

Wife: She has been marked off the register of barreness, Shes been vindicated from family members who might call her a witch or a woman whose womb has been destroyed due to countless of abortions. She has made a day of "omugwo(after birth visitation)"

Lastly she has made you a man that will help teach/train your boys on how to become men and tell your daughters what to expect from men as they progress in life.

How dare you call it nine ´months bla bla bla?
lol
lol and lol.
This made my day cheesy

1 Like

Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by LadyT(f): 12:05am On Oct 19, 2010
Dayo I hope you dont see yourself as husband material with these silly comments and ideas you have.

angry

1 Like

Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by gestapo(f): 3:44am On Oct 19, 2010
chaircover:

@Gestapo o! ha where is my car? Yepa Ive been scammed shocked

I received a letter from Gesta-BMW Garage asking me to bring the car back for repairs; something to do with a recall due to faulty brakes. I am yet to get the car back and here you are saying you dont know anything about it. Iru kile leyi o!

I repeat o! cool down and find my car now now otherwise it is you I will be sendng to the village to live with my grandmother angry grin

Have been reading a few posts on this section. Because you won poster of the year, i want you to get me a 2013 Beemer this year instead and i am sticking to the story that I don't know where your car is until you trick Jennykadri into bringing over that car she posted that her Hubby bought for her that made her shed a few crocodile tears so i can swap it for yours grin.

Until then, i remain Chief Sanitisation and Head of Security Staff on NL, and cars don't fall within my remit, only scammers, so i dunno whacchu talking about  angry lipsrsealed cool cool cool

pslm23:

@ Gestapo, do you have kids? She did not just get pregnant.She struggled for years to have those babies. Not only does she deserve an Emmy and Grammy, she desrves the Noble Peace Prize for standing up for what is right and putting her foot down when it comes to issues that could affect the lives of her kids. Any mother would do the same.

Husband and wife never discussed how and where their kids will be raise. i do not know of many African men and women that actually do this

Been there (nothing medically wrong so waited patiently on the Lord 6 years), done that (miscarried at 22 weeks), got the t-shirt (finally God answered like He said He would), and i still don't think i deserve an award for what is a personal choice i made cool Never stressed myself out whilst waiting cos i knew from "experience" the effect stress has on a woman's monthly cycle. I also made sure i was not carrying any fat around my middle. In my mid teen years, everytime i kissed a guy, i'd worry myself sick for the rest of the month whether i could be pregnant, and found that this delayed my MP for around 3 days on average, until i "grew up" and realised that you can't get pregnant from kissing a guy embarassed

And it is not uncommon and unafrican to discuss "how many kids would you like to have" "how should we train these children" etc

LadyT:

Dayo please service gestapo shes on heat see how shes agreeing with everything you say and jumping on anyone who dares to disagree.

*rolls eyes*

Really, thought i was the other way round with you people jumping on mine and Dasyokanu's neck undecided

And now that you mentioned it sef, i am going to scout around to see if Dayokanu is single, heck i don't even care if he is taken angry What i want, i get angry And i will crush anything in my path, including you, to get to him angry

jennykadry:

OAM4Gestapo please angry angry

Thanks for correcting me, may you find your own missing rib too kiss

jennykadry:

You are joking right?

Wait until you see your wife in the labour room, Wait until your wife wakes you up at night to pop some pillows behind her back because she can't sleep, Wait until you see her discomfort for 9 months, wait until you have to wear and buckle up your wife sandals for her cos she cant bend down, wait until you have to help her scrub her legs in the shower, wait until the contractions start, infact make sure she takes no epidural, wait until you see her push with all her might in the labour room(and I pray she has a normal delivery), wait until you help cut the cord, wait until you watch them sow up that area if she had a tear, wait and watch her get well for 6 weeks, wait until you see your wife survived it all.

Do you know how many women die before, during and after childbirth? do you know how many women bleed to death after pushing? do you know how many kids are on formula cos mummy couldn't make it? do you know how many homes have been left empty cos there is no mum? do you know how many women wished to hold their babies in their hands but never made it?

Do you dayo know that any woman that survíves all of these should be appreciated? Tell me which woman wouldnt receive a medal if she survives these?

Wow such high maternal mortality rate, what Country's statistics are you using by the way, need some stats for my coursework at Uni please cool cool

tigerpaws:

[/b]

I will try to be nice n’ gentle with you dear

Don’t be ridiculous!  angry

A couple tries so hard to have kids and eventually found a set of twins using[i]' flash light searching thru a small hole '[/i] (IVF), the parents should be much more closer to kids after going thru such an ordeal to have kids of their own!

I will give up my corporate job and take up a teaching job in the kids school, to always have them in sight; if i was the parent!

Violence in USA; people are being killed everyday, young, old, the young are sent to country home (Nigeria for proper upbringing  'cos Nigeria is a safe haven, no record of crime rate, no kidnappings, no cultist, and there’s value for human lives    lipsrsealed ) but the old (parents) stay behind?    undecided

@ OP,

Parents have the role of bringing up their kids in the best possible way; not the Grandmother. The Grand is just an interfering woman! Did she give her son (the man in question) to her grandma for proper upbringing when he was little? 

Pekele pekele, shey because i briefly employed you as Acting Manager na im make your mouth run like tapwater angry Ma worry, elewon e loga, na office you go meet me angry
Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by sweethunibun(m): 12:07am On May 26, 2012
Taken away parental power of discipline from the government is ridiculous. The dude don't want his kid to be raised in corrupt western broken community.
Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by gabbytabby: 8:58pm On May 27, 2012
Parents have primary responsibility for the upbringing of their children and if the decision is to raise them in the Nigerian culture/in Nigeria then, it is time to pack their bags and move to Nigeria anything else is abandonement in my eyes. I am crying just thinking about it. How can I call myself a mother and wake up everyday, weeks, years and know that my 5 year old is not around to reassure about what life brings. If you want to send them to boarding school when they are about 12 then understandable.
Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by Damysa(f): 4:24pm On May 28, 2012
@ palm23, how far, how did the case end wot was the outcome
it's be closed to 2yrs now
Re: For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad by PresidKing(m): 11:13am On Aug 18, 2013
yes, what is the result of this case, I understand and support the man, though their might be a way around it. Stupid wild develop environment to bring up kids, The mother needs to resign or work part time if they really needs to instill Nigerian culture into them. Those places are wild to bring up kids there

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fairly used items at give away prices / It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family / The Other Side Of The “story From The Grave” Ogochukwu Cecilia Onuchukwu Rip - T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.