Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,370 members, 7,829,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years (2724 Views)

Peter Obi Visits Umueri & Other Communities Affected By Flood In Anambra / FACT CHECK: Army Lied. Troops Shot At Houses In Enugu Village / Ajimobi Hasn’t Been Disconnected From Life Support But He's Gone- Fisayo Soyombo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by klintoski(m): 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
ENUGU— The People of Akiyi-Umulokpa Community in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State has made a passionate and urgent appeal to the government of Enugu State under Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi to come to their rescue and help them rebuild a collapsed bridge in their community that has kept them disconnected from their neighbouring towns for Seven Years now.

The inhabitants of the community who made the appeal when our correspondent visited the area, said the bridge which collapsed since 2012 during the administration of the immediate past Governor Sullivan Chime, has continued to pose as a major burden to the people of the community.

The bridge we learnt connects Akiyi-Umulokpa village to their local government Headquarters - Uzo-Uwani is also the major leeway into the community.

The bridge was said to have collapsed when the former Local Government Chairman of Uzo-Uwani, Cornell Onwubuya was supervising the construction of an alternative road that connects Umulokpa, the headquarters of Uzo-Uwani and Olo in Ezeagu LGA.

Community sources said the collapse which has created disconnection between villages, occurred when the construction company- TOMANDO CONSTRUCTION COMPANY tried to convey materials for their construction work, added that the bridge has not received any attention from the government since its collapse seven years ago.

Speaking to our correspondent, Mr. Madubuike, a native of the community wondered why Umulokpa, one of the oldest LGA headquarters that existed in the old Anambra State will be totally neglected in such a manner.

"We are host to Umulokpa, one of the oldest LGA in Enugu State existing even in the old Anambra State. What's the explanation for this neglect and what is looking like hatred for our people?" he asked.

He went further to say that the hardship their people has been made to go through all these years "is better imagined" as they have been living
in pains.

Speaking on the economic meltdown the collapse of the bridge has brought to them, a lady that identified herself as Uzoamaka and spoke in her native language said "we are practically living from hands to mouth, we can no longer trade with neighbouring communities. If you want to take your crop produce to the market using the alternative route, you will spend a great fortune on transportation thus leaving you with little or nothing after selling your products.

"Imagine crisscrossing Amagu-Umulokpa, Ibite-Olo then Oba-Ofemmiri all in a bid to sell your farm produce?" she concluded.

Appealing to the State government to quickly come to their aid, the community members said hoodlums now hold sway in the area as they have since capitalized on the abysmal condition of the road to carry out various nefarious activities since the road leading to the collapsed bridge has been overtaken by a thick forests.

https://journalist101.com/2019/07/12/enugu-community-that-has-been-disconnected-from-other-communities-for-seven-years-cries-out/

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Nemesis909: 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2019
Umulokpa...that village that year.

Na for there I know say no be every igbo sabi even pidgin English.

grin

Less than 40 minutes from UNN Nsukka campus.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by EngrMcDon(m): 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ugwuanyi is working

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Chibuzoc(m): 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2019
Nemesis909:

grin

Na when you enter Asia you go know all the English wey you sabi na rubbish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Nemesis909: 10:45pm On Jul 12, 2019
Chibuzoc:

Na when you enter Asia you go know all the English wey you sabi na rubbish

It is your lingua franca.

On top of that the igbo are known to insult other tribes as being backward yet this is a clear example of their own backwardness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by amaniro: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2019
Nemesis909:

grin

Before is it everyone that can speak English talk less of pidgin English in Nigeria. Whether east west south north some never even see the break lights of civilisation
Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Chibuzoc(m): 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2019
Nemesis909:

On top of that the igbo are known to insult other tribes as being backward yet this is a clear example of their own backwardness.
We are Igbos before we started speaking English and for your information the Igbos has the lowest % of illiterates in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by amaniro: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2019
Nemesis909:

Oga please just shut up.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Nemesis909: 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2019
amaniro:

Oga please just shut up.

I should shut up because it pains you.

But when other tribes are being insulted on this forum you laugh like a hyena.

Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by yanabasee(m): 10:52pm On Jul 12, 2019
Nemesis909:

There's no region without this set of people dwelling in one or more communities. The SE have very few of such compare to the SW....

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Nemesis909: 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2019
yanabasee:

There's no region without this set of people dwelling in one or more communities. The SE have very few of such compare to the SW....

What is your excuse for having a community so close to the bastion of education being so backward?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by OruExpress: 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2019
Not a single human being there considered solving the problem?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Nemesis909: 10:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
OruExpress:
Not a single human being there considered solving the problem?

Correct thinking.
Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by yanabasee(m): 10:58pm On Jul 12, 2019
Nemesis909:

What is your excuse for having a community so close to the bastion of education being so backward?

There is no excuse.... America had such people even after many years of being the world power!! China and other Asian countries have primitive dwellers amongst them....
Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by amaniro: 10:58pm On Jul 12, 2019
Nemesis909:

I should shut up because it pains you.

But when other tribes are being insulted on this forum you laugh like a hyena.

Hypocrite

LOL I'm not even current on nairaland again neither do I have time for the unnecessary tribalism here. I only converse with sensible elements. Piss off
Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Nemesis909: 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2019
yanabasee:

There is no excuse.... America had such people even after many years of being the world power!! China and other Asian countries have primitive dwellers amongst them....

You mean less than 40 minutes from Harvard there are such primitive dwellers?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Nemesis909: 11:01pm On Jul 12, 2019
amaniro:

LOL I'm not even current on nairaland again neither do I have time for the unnecessary tribalism here. I only converse with sensible elements. Piss off

Be current, absent or truant., it doesn't change the fact that you like and share, snigger and cheer when other tribes are being debased, yet you cannot take it when your tribe is at the receiving end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Boxer007(m): 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2019
amaniro:

Brother. Can we link?
Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2019
This community should be carved into anambra state again.

We need more land.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by amaniro: 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
Boxer007:

Brother. Can we link?

I'm homophobic piss off
Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2019
amaniro:

I'm homophobic piss off

grin grin grin grin grin

I saw this post and had to check his page and post

His page is all about men

Bobrisky on nairaland...lolzzzzzzzzz I done die.

There life though none of my business.

My issue is the mad experiment called Nigeria.

Cc

Boxer007
Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2019
Frozen70 since you Igbos are hardworking and not lazy, why is this place still undeveloped and still standing still? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Enugupikin: 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2019
Juliusmalema:

We need more land.
chai...I know you need more land because your land is erosion ravaged and cursed...good a thing you know Nsukka land is sweet.. Anambala
Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by somalianprince: 7:21pm On Jul 13, 2019
Enugu is cursed

Enugu is erosion ravaged

Enugu is poverty ravaged

Enugu state is a backward jungle

Enugu state is an hausa state

[s]
Enugupikin:

chai...I know you need more land because your land is erosion ravaged and cursed...good a thing you know Nsukka land is sweet.. Anambala
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by somalianprince: 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
Juliusmalema:

We need more land.

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by somalianprince: 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2019
Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by somalianprince: 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
Just look at how backward and useless Enugu is. Tufia lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by amaniro: 7:50pm On Jul 13, 2019
Juliusmalema:

grin grin grin grin grin

I saw this post and had to check his page and post

His page is all about men

Bobrisky on nairaland...lolzzzzzzzzz I done die.

There life though none of my business.

My issue is the mad experiment called Nigeria.

Cc

Boxer007

Lol his signature is (I Am Gay!) Lol Gay in Nigeria omo gbagboshi
Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
Enugupikin:

Lolzzzzz

Make I laugh jaree....

No go get nightmare about anambra in your dream tonight.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by Boxer007(m): 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
amaniro:

I'm homophobic piss off

Brother. You hate dik. You sound like racist sir.
You scared of dik?
Re: Enugu Village That Has Been Disconnected From Other Communities For 7 Years by frozen70(f): 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2019
Jesse01:
Frozen70 since you Igbos are hardworking and not lazy, why is this place still undeveloped and still standing still? undecided

That a particular town in Enugu state is not developed doesn't mean that their indigenes are not intelligent

The job has been shared

While the state do theirs,
Individual does theirs too

An average ibo man is a big time struggler

That ibadan roof is brown doesn't meant that their indigenes are rusted

Those who can afford to replace their roof have done so

Concentrate in individuals not a areas

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Easily Link Your NIN To MTN Service Provider / Top 5 Richest Governors In Nigeria And Their Net Worth (2021) / Mr. President Trying To Make Aisha Jealous By All Means

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.