Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC (15683 Views)

Minimum Wage: We Are Reviewing What We Can Pay Individually – Governors Forum / Shettima Reiterates FG’s Commitment To Welfare Of Fallen Heroes’ Families / Minimum Wage: We Can’t Pay N24, 000 – NGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by newsman101: 7:57am On Jul 15, 2019
Congress …Foresees Nigeria as dumping nation with AFCFTA agreement

The Trade Union Congress (TUC) has said it no longer trusts the Federal Government’s commitment to the implementation of N30,000 as minimum wage for Nigerian workers.

Besides, the union said with the signing of the African Continental Trade Area (AFCFTA) by President Muhammadu Buhari recently, Nigeria may become a dumping ground of foreign goods.

The union’s President, Mr. Quadri Olaleye, who noted this in Lagos at the weekend said the union was disturbed that the enthusiasm that greeted the signing into law of the new national minimum wage of N30,000 was fast turning into a nightmare.

Mr. Olaleye said, “From the look of things, it appears the Federal Government is not committed to implementing the new minimum wage arrangement going by the way its representatives in the committee set up to negotiate the consequential adjustment arising from the new minimum wage are handling the negotiation. The organised labour has been considerate by lowering its initial demand for increasing the salaries of officers on Grade Level (GL) 07 to 17 by 66.66 per cent as the rate at which the minimum wage was increased, yet, the government side is only offering 9.5 per cent for GL 07 to 14 officers and five per cent to those on GL 15 to 17.”

He said the organised labour had thought that the issue of consequential adjustment would be negotiated openly and in the spirit of collective bargaining which, according to him, unfortunately, had not happened.

He further said, “As it stands now, we may be forced to go to the trenches. We sincerely hope that the government will act fast and direct its representatives to return to the negotiation table with a more realistic mandate that will be beneficial to workers who have had to wait for almost a decade to get something meaningful added to their emoluments.” On AFCFTA, Olaleye noted that no serious nation signed such agreement and went to sleep, stressing that Nigeria’s gain of the treaty was the ability to push its goods across borders.

“As a congress, we have our concerns over the agreement. We have the population, but lack the basic infrastructure that is capable of making our industries strive. The agreement will further kill the economy as we remain a dumping nation if we continue to be a consumer nation. Our gains essentially depend on our ability to push our goods across borders. The energy sector has to be improved upon to boost productivity and lower cost of production, and also source raw materials locally. We must make free trade agreement serve our interest,” he said. Olaleye also said urged the Federal Government to encourage more local investors in the aviation sector, emphasising that with the continuous opening of major airports to foreign airlines, capital flight and joblessness were inevitable. Related May Day: Labour demands immediate payment of N30,000 new minimum wage Oyo govt., labour meet over N30,000 minimum wage As January 23

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/minimum-wage-we-are-no-longer-sure-of-fgs-commitment-tuc.html

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by kernniejay(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2019
NLC, TUC have been fooled. Chris Ngige has used their heads to play Ludo.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by Sunnycliff(m): 11:57am On Jul 15, 2019
The more u look the less you see.

Abracadabra govt

54 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by Temptee101(m): 11:57am On Jul 15, 2019
Foolish fools, so you are still not sure?

After elections, buhari and his fellow ruga cows have nothing to lose

Meanwhile, buhari is the demon sent by the devil to divide this filthy shithole

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by abumoney(m): 11:57am On Jul 15, 2019
Since the inception of Buhari's government, Nigeria has gone backwards by 32years. I blame APC

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by NLSavage: 11:58am On Jul 15, 2019
There's nothing we can do. Just brace yourselves for the next three years

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by julitoch: 11:58am On Jul 15, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by momove4real25(f): 11:58am On Jul 15, 2019
They thought the were deceiving us then. Thank God I didn't mind much

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by iCauseTrouble: 11:58am On Jul 15, 2019
ASUU, NASU, SSANU, NLC, TUC. All of una go strike tire for this next level wey we dey

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by roladex(f): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2019
FG sef is no longer sure of them selves.

11 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by channel3310(m): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2019
Wayo Wayo everything Wayo Wayo.....

5 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by Zombiekiller010: 11:59am On Jul 15, 2019
grin the moment when TUC and NLC realised that minimum wage is a scam

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by landforeast(m): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2019
Hmmm

Meanwhile
If you a marketer or an intending marketer listen
Do you know that if you channel the strength you use in marketing for that particular company to Market Real Estate Property that you can make your 1 year salary in one month.

I have seen several bank marketers complaining of working very hard and earning less, I have also seen marketers for insurance companies with nothing to show for their years of hard work.

Now count yourself lucky to come across a life changing opportunity like this if only you will be wise and smart to utilize it to better your life and be fiancially free.

Millions of people today are not fianacially free and that is why we do as much as we can to spread this good message in order to depopulate the kingdom of poverty in Nigeria.

If you cannot earn money while sleeping, holidaying or even partying just know very well that you are not yet fianacially free and that is why you must pay attention to a business opportunity like this.

Before I continue may I inform you that people who are on a salary scale of 200,000 per month has dumped their work to do this business full time, Yes the Current Ambassador Prisca Atah and first Ambassador Ojuromi were high profile bankers before joining this business .

You might think 200,000 salary is good enough but when the plus and minus is done you will find out that you have little or nothing left to save. Hope you know this is not how Dangote became the richest man in Nigeria. Therefore you need to get up and try something different to make more money.

WHAT IS THIS BUSINESS ALL ABOUT
The Business is about Real Estate Independent Consultancy business where you will get commision of 15 to 20% commision per deal you successfully close. Now let's do some analysis here, as a bank Marketer you know how stressful it could be convincing to open an account and how much you will earn as commision for each account id your Bank pays commision at all, now use that same strength and market Real Estate and make just one successful sale of a Land that is worth just 2 million and you get a commision of 400,000. With this 400,000 you can use 200,000 and run paid advert and you will comfortably sit at the comfort of your home and be closing deals.

Do you know that this money you made in a month is by 40,000 higher than the total salary of a Bank Marketer who is paid 30,00. In fact the other day when the staff of a particular bank was protesting I discovered that there are some bank staff that collects 12,000 in this Nigerian economy. Can someone say "God Forbid" this is of fair at all but sometimes I have discovered that it is the fact that many people are always afraid of going out of their comfort zone that made them collect such amount monthly.

If you think what I am typing here is just to win your heart please I advice you not to register yet, all you need to do is to attend our monthly sucess summit and you will be amazed by what your mates are accomplishing. A young man of about 23 years made about 3 million commision in just two months of joining this business and you think you too cannot do better than this. I had only 12,000, and was squating with my brother when I newly came to Lagos but since i joined this business my life has changed. Now in have my own Media Company, live in a good apartment and also has a Real Estate Company all because of this rare opportunity.

Another good thing about this business is that you don't necessary need to leave what you are currently doing to do this business. Today in this company we have a lot of people who are lawyers, medical doctors,Engineers, Architects and even teachers who are part and parcel of this business.

Now if I tell you that to join this business all you need to do is to pay the sum of 37,650 to join as a partner and earn a commision of 20% per deal you successfully closed while to join as a consultant you will pay 1650 and earn 15% commision while we did it this way so you cannot complain that it was money that made you not to embrace such wonderful opportunity

This week we will be organising our Seminar in Ikeja and Ilupeju. One of the benefit of attending this seminar is that you will hear and learn all you need to know about this company and also ask questions if you want. We are going to extend this training to different parts of Lagos and outside Lagos.

If you are interested in attending this seminar all you need to do is to checkout for my No in the signature written with red below and send Reserve Seat to the No.

NOTE: You get the Venue and address of the seminar in Ikeja

If at the end of this seminar you feel that your time has been wasted by attending this seminar please protest and we shall compasate you adequately.

Remember! The Seminar is absolutely free.
Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by YoungLionken(m): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2019
Oga trade union, the government doesn't even care about the senseless massacre by herdsmen on its citizens, I don't think they would be thinking about minimum wage anytime soon...

Thief-nubu said it's Evans that is the mastermind of the attack. Smh!

I would however, advise that you wait, after all, patience is a virtue...

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by saraki2019(m): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2019
May God help us
Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by namiji2598: 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2019
They jus used it as a means of boosting their election vote sad shocked cool embarassed kiss undecided

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by fatymore(f): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
Let's just forget it...it was propaganda for the election and election period is gone...

Enjoy your 18k

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by Auduambless(m): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
Unstable government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by nicepoker101(m): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
abumoney:
Since the inception of Buhari's government, Nigeria has gone backwards by 32years. I blame APC
For your mind alway say the right thing. The country is backward by 200 years. grin

8 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by EkunKekere: 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
Like a world class fvckboy who promises heaven and earth to a gullible girl only to dump her after chyking her to his preek's contentment, Nigerian workers have been seduced with sweet talk and dumped with a reality check after elections grin

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by JMK9600(f): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
Election has ended. I guess we will wait for 2023 by then our head for don correct. We suppose hold Buhari to ransom. Sign before election. But now as the thing be, God dey sha

8 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by RDPMAN: 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
cry
Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by steeltu(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2019
tongue cool
Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by Stillthebest: 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2019
So these ones dont know they played them for elections.

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by iammo(m): 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
angry
Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by harjibolar10(m): 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
Scam everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by princeade86(m): 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
they don play and dumped u

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by ksbusari(m): 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2019
what is this? make I dey my manage my 17k like that jare. I no go kill myself.
Make anxiety no kill me.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: We Are No Longer Sure Of Fg’s Commitment - TUC by Loftyman: 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele Warns Wike: Pursue VP Slot, You Can’t Be Nigeria’s President / Oshiomhole Survives Assassination Attempt / Man Jailed For 45yrs For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.