Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities (6462 Views)

10th NASS Leadership: APC Leaders Move To Douse Tension Over Sharing Formula / Ooni, Yoruba Leaders Move To Save Tinubu’s Presidential Bid / Gani Adams Warns South-west Governors Against Land For Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by OEPHIUS(m): 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2019
Breaking...

Uzo-Uwani leaders move against land racketeers in communities

…Ask them to return illegal proceeds to purported buyers

The leaders of Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State comprising the chairman, all the traditional rulers and other stakeholders of the agrarian council, rose from an emergency meeting on Tuesday, and unanimously dissociated themselves from all purported sale, lease or other forms of alienation of land at Nkpunator, Igga, Nkpologu and other communities in the area.

In a stern communiqué issued at the end of the meeting which was signed by the chairman, Hon. Barr. Fidelis Ani and all the 14 traditional rulers, on behalf of the people of Uzo-Uwani Local Government, the leaders noted with great concern and dismay, the indiscriminate sale, lease and other alienation of their ancestral land “contrary to extant laws, customs and traditions regulating alienation of land by criminal elements who have no authority to do so”.

Noting the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended), the Land Use Act and other extant laws regulating the Alienation of Land, “including but not limited to Judicial pronouncement on same”, the leaders expressed concern at “the activities of criminal elements who pose as foreign investors in their quest to illegally acquire community land”.

They added that they were “determined to develop our respective communities, local government and State and improve the living conditions of our people with the meager resources at our disposal”, acknowledging the urgent need “to preserve our land and natural resources for our use and that of generations yet unborn”.

The stakeholders maintained that they were disposed and open to foreign and local investments and recognize their importance in stimulating economic growth and social progress of the area, in a peaceful and secure environment.

Consequently, they advised those who facilitated the unauthorized and illegal sale of such land to return the proceeds of such sale to the purported buyers and went further to advise “those who purportedly purchased the land to lawfully seek recovery of their money or other considerations”.

The people of the council therefore offered advice to the public to be guided strictly by the extant laws, customs and traditions regulating alienation of land and “refrain from dealing with unauthorized persons who go about selling what they do not have”.

According to the communiqué, “the government and people of Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area remain open and indeed welcome all genuine investors who are interested in investing in Uzo-Uwani”.

Enugu State is in the hands of God. #amokelouis

https://thepunditng.com/uzo-uwani-leaders-move-against-land-racketeers-in-communities/

Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
FTC

I dedicate this to all academic researchers trying to improve the world despite the odds.

Checkout my signature
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Ostrogoth(m): 9:20pm On Jul 16, 2019
I like Igbo pple sha. They even fight over land to show those foolanis that the land is not even enough for them not to even mention ruga!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Dandsome: 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2019
The fear of RUGA is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by OzziOhinoyi(m): 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2019
shocked
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Leemekzy: 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2019
IBO KWENU. no land for ruga.
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by mabea: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
No comment
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by lonelydora: 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nice one, Uzo Uwani. Igbo amaka!

You can't see such in Ikwerre land. Ikwerre people can even sell a piece of land to a fifth person

1 Like

Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
People should stop taking land that doesn't belong to them. Simple!
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Sicilyjoe: 9:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
Enugupikin:
uzo-uwani should be carved out of Nsukka...this place is now home to Fulani and Fulani even marry their women,...bw half of their population is actually igala speaking..I don't know why and how that LGA is part of Nsukka

How do u mean ?
Btw why opanda is not on the list
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Pavore9: 9:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
Ostrogoth:
I like Igbo pple sha. They even fight over land to show those foolanis that the land is not even enough for them not to even mention ruga!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
lonelydora:
Nice one, Uzo Uwani. Igbo amaka!

You can't see such in Ikwerre land. Ikwerre people can even sell a piece of land to a fifth person
lol
in Delta here different family members will sell one land to different people

2 Likes

Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by ngoxievergreen(f): 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
Enugupikin:
uzo-uwani should be carved out of Nsukka...this place is now home to Fulani and Fulani even marry their women,...bw half of their population is actually igala speaking..I don't know why and how that LGA is part of Nsukka

It is not just uzo uwani but entire Nsukka. Nsukka is now part of emirate. They are backward like their fulani masters

2 Likes

Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Sirnuel: 9:52pm On Jul 16, 2019
Enugupikin:

Are you ok??

People just come online to talk rubbish

show me one Uzo-Uwani woman married to a fulani.

Yes there are three Igala speaking community in uzo-uwani, Iggah, Ojjor and Ogurugu, so because they speak a laguage that is not Igbo they are not humans?? ro not worthy to be in Enugu state?

Iggah and Ojjor people are the largest rice farmers in Enugu state. More than 70 Percent of Local Rice consumed in Enugu State is produced here.

There is an ultra modern Rice mill in Ogurugu, where foreign grade rice are transported to Onitsha in trailers every single day. What is your Nsukka contributing to the growth of Enugu and Nigeria at Large.

Next time you hear anything about Uzo-Uwani, keep quiet and face your front.

13 Likes

Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by nwanyionitsha: 10:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
Sirnuel:

Are you ok??

Yes there are three Igala speaking community in uzo-uwani, Iggah, Ojjor and Ogurugu, so because they speak a laguage that is not Igbo they are not humans?? ro not worthy to be in Enugu state?

Iggah and Ojjor people are the largest rice farmers in Enugu state. More than 70 Percent of Local Rice consumed in Enugu State is produced here.

The is an ultra modern Rice mill in Ogurugu, where foreign grade rice are transported to Onitsha in trailers every single day. What is your Nsukka contributing to the growth of Enugu and Nigeria at Large.

So you have time to reply a stupid impostor?
Smh

2 Likes

Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Elvidence(m): 10:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
Enugupikin:

How is Uzo Uwani part of Nsukka and how is the half of their population Igala speaking. Please say only what you know and stop misinforming people. Thanks
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Kenmatt(m): 11:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
I did not even see Ugbene Ajima on the list.

Please if you're from Uzo-Uwani, let's connect "jor" and leave the people that were typing what they know not.

1 Like

Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by ArinzeAnthony03: 1:57am On Jul 17, 2019
Uzo uwani is a not in nsukka and is not part of nsukka local government.
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by declaro(m): 2:34am On Jul 17, 2019
Kenmatt:

Please if you're from Uzo-Uwani, let's connect "jor" and leave the people that were typing what they know not.
From Adani.
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by karma2000: 7:24am On Jul 17, 2019
shebi some greedy mumu go dey talk say omo onile only exist in lagos karma has now padlocked their mouths:-D
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by karma2000: 7:24am On Jul 17, 2019
shebi some greedy mumu go dey talk say omo onile only exist in lagos karma has now padlocked their mouths
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by henryutd(m): 8:21am On Jul 17, 2019
Enugupikin:

Uzo Uwani is not part of Nsukka. It's an LGA but in the same senatorial zone with Nsukka. They have about 3 languages and have border with 2 states.
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Imma202705(f): 12:53pm On Jul 17, 2019
Enugupikin:
can you stop speaking on issues you know nothing about
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Imma202705(f): 12:55pm On Jul 17, 2019
Kenmatt:

my brother....am from uzo-uwani oo
Re: Uzo-uwani Leaders Move Against Land Racketeers In Communities by Imma202705(f): 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2019
Sirnuel:

Are you ok??

There is an ultra modern Rice mill in Ogurugu, where foreign grade rice are transported to Onitsha in trailers every single day. What is your Nsukka contributing to the growth of Enugu and Nigeria at Large.

Well said nwannem

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abayomi Adeshida: NUJ FCT Outraged, Demand Sanctions / Tinubu On Oxygen In France Hospital. / Atiku Actually Went To USA On Tambual's Passport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.