Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony (1587 Views)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 1:44am On Jul 17, 2019
Hello, Nairaland literature section.

This is my first time putting down a written story aside the diary I made since 2014. I may not be a good and perfect writer, but I know that a day begins a STORY. This story here.

I've read a number of interesting stories here (Nairaland) and outside this ecosystem.

I have a list of guys that turned me on with their writing prowess. I admire them a lot. They are;

Royver - I'm addicted to this fellow here. I'm actually obsessed with him and his stories. I'm still reading The story he wrote since 2013 or so ( I see things others do not see) till today. Over and over.

Divepen1 - The Oga kpatakpata of all the writers. the general Overseer

Slickest - the weird and scary writer.

Audrey Timms.......

Theblessesman Darousmart - he knows himself.

Classcaptain - The funny writer

Slap1 - I read your short story and wanted to destroy mine. Yours motivated me.

I can't name all the good writers here because I can't remember all. Sometimes, I can't remember my own name sef.

And all the Bigwigs in here. Salud!!!

Lalasticlala, please help a bro. I'm also composing your type of story, one that involves snakes. tongue

Onemansquad Psalmology Lildrizzle Bluestarry macpetrus. Uthman51 stuff46 seunviju kceemart kingsley18 nceedaga therealbabe Costlybabe prettydiva89 Rounakid IdyRaph kingphilip Otupeluv heemah will007 aprilwise demmy66 KOLITE93 missfaviy 1sikiru1 MhizTemmie Missmossy lalasticlala lovingangel Mimikathy JulietAKK faithomoh24 cheskabiney Sirfrederick labaski Harmonyemerald ayodijex Fembleez1 MissMalia mismore Omotayelolu.
Omotayelolu Sanmix2007 kenoz shoyemiayodeji
boladegreat shegs2009 ixora3 Kruzilano Tholuwani michaelmo11 Noela12 hadease sherryshitt lhateaphart21 MsKaffy Feyikemi12 Maryofficial Tuljaking underage nceedaga abbiey Queening missuniverse EllaGold35 Orlolahdey Klare fam24 loshybab clemz88 qhutetomsel jaymomma nimat158 tizblink sheyflixy1 Israel23 lilbethlars merasnipes
deslim Lobolintin bumsiee teelord1 ngona Chivee latbas rotluv famora d4real890 soniachuks
Niwdog amyvals SweetyZinta niffy102 Ormorlehwah Frankzamani OlufemiWhit ChyEndowed jeremie97 bamgbalaot leosmaria Chimdim silverx teeman10 awesomebabe sbyna omobola200 ArrowAssassin Preeteeshir GATED IamYhudii adeh39 chinedumo adeodunsimilolu akugbemike Aipete2 Hicea1 Ashiat39 rollex4ever ritzeluv slimport Uthman2senior mercydaniel loveyP tizblink Felinize folake25 princessadeola girly2020 umahi69 BlizzydoDo Dahprech Dahprech SPDAZZY Shoelace1 mimicious gunners160 Rajosh Fumzybabe Brozo1 will007 Coolfaze Omoalhaja7 Ronke001 Slingkey FIDELITY24
chiboyo rhoseti1 totalhouse adefunke62 temilade20
jecigold happinessa517 pweetyoge donziller gabrisunate emtebe blossomic fabulousbrainzz Holuwadharah Executiveti loshybab GiftedAgwu juliejames sodson11 Angelina996 Mj45 Airies Yungdamsel folalek Godwinfriz kemmyp michaelmo11 Damzy997 MrKIDO raffyreuz Damiewonder uniqueflash oluwasolajames PEZMAN Upnepaa GodWisdom Ashraf123 Itzemmyzone Kakabliss Pukka36 meekmiki6
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 1:52am On Jul 17, 2019
Please, this story I'm putting out here is very precious to me as it's my maiden voyage into the realm of literature.

It's still undergoing an incomplete metamorphosis which is why I brought it here for DEDUCTIVE CRITICISM. No man is an island. I can't grade myself. Others should.

This story is coming in batches. Just a short story. I don't know how everyone describe "short" in their own terms. But mine is short.

Let me sound a warning. NOBODY IS EXPECTED TO PLAGIARIZE THIS ARTICLE, PLEASE.

Thanks as you read and criticize this imperfect piece.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 1:58am On Jul 17, 2019
THE RAIN

( a short story by ucmacanthony)

"...can I share how I met this lovely sister here"? I said, pointing at the direction where she was seated.

"Yes! ". The congregation echoed.

I could see some members of the church nodding in the affirmative while others were just indifferent.

"Please, sister, may you join me on the podium "?. I requested.

The Lady on a black skirt and blouse rose to her feet and made a headway in my direction. She reached and turned to a 180° , now facing the crowd while their eyes were all fixated on her.

Holding the microphone firmly on my right hand and reserving the left hand for gesticulation, I began...

"I met this sister on a fateful Wednesday night between the hours of 7 and 8pm while I was on my way home from Trans Amadi. I had to go there from my residence on foot".

I could notice the astonishment building up in the eyes of the congregation as they raised their eyebrows in amazement. Some readjusted their seats while looking on each other's eyes.

"Not that I only went on foot, I was actually coming back on foot too". I continued.

"In one or two occasions, I managed to climb into the back of moving lorries that were heading my way in the long trekking. I quickly jumped down and got on another as soon as the lorries diverted into a different direction".

While on the road, the cloud had clustered together and had become more darker this time. Condensation had taken place in the atmosphere, hence the cold weather. There's been an intermittent rumbling in the Sky and the express road leading to the shell company located along Okpulor road in etche Lga had been overwhelmed by gusts of wind.

In a bid to make ends meet, Bikers were seen jostling and struggling to get passengers on their bikes to be conveyed to their respective homes just along the shell junction. The number of taxis had reduced to a certain amount being that there are more passengers coming back home than those going out at this time of the evening.

I delved into my pocket to get my phone. Looking at the screen, the time said "7:16pm.There was a drop of liquid substance on my device which I had no knowledge of its source. Looking up, it hit directly on my eyelid. I quickly returned the phone back to where I got it from as I walked past the commuters.

"it's really going to rain for sure" I said to myself.

I walked briskly along the road as the droplets came more than expected. I really couldn't fathom the ambiguity of the challenges I was facing; whether it's the impending rainfall or the odoriferous stench from the pile of dirt littered along the right wing of the road which had successfully found its way into my nasal cavity. I grimaced as the odour wafted now leaving me with no other option but to stifle my breath for the next 30 seconds as I increased my pace.

The speed bumps which had contributed to sanity restoration to the road users had given way as it wore from the middle which made bikers to speed uncontrollably. An oncoming biker had paid less attention to the young boys jaywalking as he zoomed at a high acceleration hitting his throttle presumably at 60mph unconscious of the speed bumps, he applied an abrupt brake and swerved over the bumps involuntarily and the boys rushed to the side of the road.

Jim Jam Super Mart was some metres away from me. I murmured some prayers in my heart to reach it in time as I'm partly drenched. It had started raining heavily before I scurried to the Mart. The awning built in front of the mart for displaying items was now my saving grace. I ran into it and heaved a heavy sigh. I brought out my phone once again to check how safe it's been under the downpour. Alas! it was unscathed. No single droplet on its plastic body.

A plastic back chair was idling just before the entrance to the Mart. The staff of the Mart were all indoors already entertaining themselves with the cool blues compilation in their laptop which gave a nice rendition that rebounded on the glass doors and windows. I was able to make out the genre and artist of the music on play as I eavesdropped from the door.

"SPEECHLESS. Oh, what a sooting sound by Mj"! I said as I checked on the staff.

The cold was already lurking and I sat comfortably on the chair albeit shaky legs, waiting for the rain to calm down a bit before I continue and finally head home because of my allergies for rain of which could make me prone to cold - Pneumonia.

Judging from the pressure it was raining, I don't think it's going to calm down anytime soon. I checked the time and it's already rounding toward 8.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 4:26am On Jul 17, 2019
Now I have a little idea what it takes to write a story. It's not an easy task. Most readers would think a perfectly scripted story was a cup cake that any average human being who can read and write would start up with ease.

This applies to songwriting. It is never easy to compose just a chorus. Now in the Big Brother Naija show, all the housemates were given a task to mime songs. They even found it herculean though the lyrics were written down for their pleasure.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 4:29am On Jul 17, 2019
Next slide

A dark complexioned man in his late 50's and a lady in her early 40's were seen rushing into the large awning which was about 18ft wide and 9ft tall.

"Good evening, brother. The dark complexioned man said and kept stamping his feet on the floor to shake off the water on his trousers and shoes. The woman was too busy cuddling unto her hand bag which was too precious at the moment. I could see her bring out her mini umbrella from the precious bag, unlocking the strap holding it together and engaging the eject shooter. In no time, a rose flowered blue umbrella was unveiled. She hoisted it maybe to juxtapose its strength with the pressure of the rain. It dawned on her she was better off under the awning than under her umbrella.

The sound coming from the Mart had me nodding throughout my interim stay in front of the Mart. Lionel Richie's STUCK ON YOU was on play when I saw this sister walking with an umbrella. I got interested of the new development that surfaced, of course I wasn't going to sit there forever. But I got withdrawn when I squinted and realized they were a couple of which there was no other room left for me. I sat down and bowed my head in disappointment.

I waited for a while till it started drizzling so I made my way into the tarred road. The older woman had picked up her umbrella yet again and headed for the road.

No longer have I covered a distance than I met this sister walking slowly, but now alone. Probably, the other person had taken his leave. so I came to the realization that she was being of help to him. so I thought.

The weather had gotten darker left for the beams of light coming from the headlamps of cars and other commuters and the noises emanating from horns which kept the road very busy and audible.

I was already drenched to my feet, so I paid less attention to the splashes of dirty, murky flood the road users poured on me. The beam coming from behind shone on us and I was able to see the color of her dress - A dark blue short- sleeved gown. But in the light of my findings, I could vaguely make out her face at the moment. The uncomfortable situation we were all in had dissuaded me from seeing her face and there was no ray of light from the front end as well. I approached and asked if I could join her and the following conversation ensued :

"Hello, can I join you " I politely asked.

She raised her head, now looking at a 6.2ft young man asking for help.

"Yes. Yes you can". she affirmed.

I joined immediately and she shifted to the right for more accommodation. Droplets of rain from the umbrella was still hitting on my left shoulder which made me squeeze my arm and body closely.

We've walked a few feet then I decided to proffer a better solution of comfort by asking her to let me hold the umbrella since I'm taller and would hold it more comfortably. She declined and insisted on holding it still.

"it seems this girl doesn't know her exact height" I said to myself and took my time scrutinizing her and as well taking a mental calculation of her actual height.

"4.8 or 5ft highest, she can't exceed that ". I concluded inwardly.

"OK, you can hold it. I think you're in the right position since you're taller". she finally gave up.

"Now, you're right on track and back to your 4G LTE network" I thought and grabbed the handle of the umbrella.

A long, yet short silence was observed as we embarked on this rain-induced meeting. Then, I broke the silence.

"Hey, where are you coming back from and where are you headed" I asked.

"church, and I'm going home". she retorted.

"OK, won't you win a soul tonight "? I asked, trying to indulge her in a lengthy conversation.

She let out a loud laughter as the question came in abruptly. I could guess from her countenance, she was a bit perturbed. Notwithstanding, she shook it off.

"Sorry oh, I forgot myself. what would you want me to talk on, and where do you think is your area of concentration that requires clarification"? She asked and Her cheek grew bigger as the question came while her face lit up more from the laughter she just had.

"Anywhere. just start anywhere". I said .

"Alright". She said. I was taken on a lengthy journey of Gospel which encompassed all angles I've heard repeatedly in the church and on TV and on the streets too. What got me flummoxed was the influx of biblical knowledge permeating every context of hers which had me engrossed for as long as I could remember.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 5:09am On Jul 17, 2019
Slide 3

It had started flooding on the newly constructed road leading to our respective streets as we approached the MEN AT WORK metal sign standing now at the verge of the road with its stand well immersed into the dirty and murky flood of which would surely recede before daybreak. Thanks to the makeshift ditch the construction workers put up the day the contract kicked off.

"Are you going to put your legs and footwear in that water ". I asked, pointing at the flood.

"I have no choice, Yes". she said.

"Why don't you remove it before introducing your feet, at least you wouldn't want to get it spoilt". I enquired.

"What's then the need of a footwear if not for protection". she countered and made for a total and absolute submission of her feet alongside the footwears. I had a wryly countenance and shrugged it off.

"well, it's hers". I said to myself.

No longer have we swam through the flood which covered approximately 1.3ft of our legs with me still on my green leather sandals than the storm nearly deprived us of our little comfort under the umbrella.

The wave came and we braced ourselves left for the umbrella that parted ways unannounced with us ( that could be a case of insubordination). I grabbed it more firmly now with both hands, leaving a direct fall of the rain on us. I quickly brought the umbrella back to its sanity and covered her already wet hair and asked that she waited and moved slowly to avoid more wetness.

"No oooo, but I'm already wet na ". she said with a chuckle.

"How about your hair? it will smell, even stink". I said with a concerned tone

"I'll loose it as soon as I get home". she replied.

"so you're cool with all this discomfort tonight "? I asked

"Yes, oh. I loved it the moment we began with the flood part. I like it all naturale. I'm human and bound to experience anything in life. And the part the umbrella tried departing us, was exhilarating. I've never had such experience in a long time seeing as we jostled to catch up with it. it's just like what people see in the movies. she beamed.

"But you need to do something about this hair of yours tonight". I said.

"Yes, I'll wash it as soon as I reached home, that's for sure". she said.

Now, back on the tarred and flood-free road and something closer to where the road diverted towards the left which ran straight to the last oil well. We had just caught our breath from the past mishap and turbulence then I decided to digress.

"so, minister. How about now that I don't always go to church, what could I be missing "?

"Haha, am I the one you're addressing as a minister"? she let out a louder laugh while pointing at herself.

"of course, you could qualify as one not after the interesting gospel you just dished out to me. Do answer my question ".

"You know, you need to start going to church. There are great gospels ministered daily which you can't get anywhere but in the sanctuary - THE CHURCH. And you get to meet with other worshippers who are highly inclined that will guide you spiritually so you won't falter. And firstly, I hope you've given your life to God?"

"Yes, that was a long time ago ".

"OK, which church do you attend"?

"You know, I was born into a Catholic home and I attend any church I see fit depending on my resolve at the time".

"And now"? she asked.

"I don't". I retorted

"You don't what, please"? She turned to a 90° rightward, now facing me. I made a similar turn leftward facing her as she tried to get exactly my plight.

"I haven't been to church for a while, like sa-a-a-ay 4-5 months now". I shrugged.

she was quiet for a while and I was able to see how perplexed she became from my cold response. she was actually smitten.

"why? was there any problem? what really happened? were you in any disagreement with God?" she asked.

All these questions haunted my memory receptacles. I obviously had no answers for them, and I hoped she wasn't expecting any. I smiled, Then looking beside me as a red Corolla car ran past us under the hazy weather. We made an involuntary skip leftward when the splash from the tyres of the corolla found its destination on our soggy bodies.

"That's why you were placed at my left". I said.

"So, you had it all planned out already". she asked in bewilderment.

"That's how we roll. I need to protect you at all times. You don't need more water in this your condition. I have to take them in your stead". I teased and raised my shoulders in confidence .

"Hmm, But we just met and you're already protecting me"? she said Now looking at my face.

"I already knew you'd have been in harms way had you taken my position" I answered.

"OK o!!! I appreciate. she calmly said.

"welcome, welcome. I answered, tucking my fists into my pockets as the cold continued.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 8:15am On Jul 17, 2019
Slide 4

Along the verge of the road have we walked all these moments, chit chatting, laughing and above all, getting the drench of our lives. I'd have covered her with my jacket if I had it on. To me, I felt we've known each other long before now as I'm familiarized with her disposition.

Maybe, I'm dealing with obsession. Do I need a counselor? A psychologist? A medical attention could come handy right now because, I alone could understand what was happening.

Or I should have my heart to blame because the last I checked, I don't think straight. I have a fragile heart. it's not the sturdy type. it can easily be deceived. it has suffered more BREAKS than necessary.

Or I should have my mind to blame because it's suffered a lot of loneliness from relationships, natural phenomena, expectations, family and all, especially the untold.

Alright, I know where it all lies on; my weakness. Yes, that's it. I'm accommodating. I appreciate anything I see without being selective, decisive, not knowing what I want exactly. That should be it.

These were all I was battling with in my head before her lovely voice brought me back to consciousness.

"Why have you shied away from going to church, Huh "?

She threw me off balance with that comeback.

A-a-a-h! technically... Do you want the truth"? I asked.

"Be honest, please ". she said.

A-a-a-a-c-tua-l-ly, mmhm" I said, while scratching the back of my head with my left hand thinking of a better way of approaching the harmless question without calling my bluff. I knew I had a plethora of flimsy excuses queueing up. Inconsistencies could be found therein. I could pass as a young promising guy with the most unconscionable disregard for God.

I felt terribly disconcerted when it dawned on me that I had no tangible reason for the choices I made. This lady in the dark had really done good in making me realize how ignorant I'd been with my way of living. I also realized unless I started acknowledging the need for God and his presence in my life, I'm done for. But how do I get out of this tight corner?

I NEED A PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION!!!

Haha! Like I told you, I do go to church from time to time. If you're looking for a Holy Ghost kinda guy in me, sorry that I may be a huge disappointment. But truth be told, I think I lost the ennui of going to church a long time ago.

"Mmhm. You know there's need to belong in a particular denomination where you'll have a spiritual inclination for your creator. Existing without a purpose and cause can be likened to walking without direction. And you know it's not proper. I hope I'm not saying much"? she asked.

"No. No, you're good to go". I said.

This young lady has finally called my bluff. My ignorance has finally come to light.

"There's one fascinating thing about you; Your fluency in spoken English. Are you an undergraduate "? I asked in bewilderment.

"No o. I'm not one. Just an aspirant ". She retorted amidst a large grin.

"Wow, you know you could pass as one. Had I not asked, I'd have gone thinking you were one". I said.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 8:25am On Jul 17, 2019
Slide 5

I could notice the way she turned toward her left hand side now looking over her shoulder and finally downwards in shyness. Left for the darkness of the night and the pigmentation of her skin to which a great deal of melanin did an immense justice to, I'd have seen the plasters of blushes littered all over her cheeks. What a coy!.

"So, about the school part... "? I pressed on.

"OK, yes. like I mentioned earlier, I've taken the JAMB exam and have applied for the POST UTME exam which will be coming up soon this month". she said.

She's really a secondary school leaver. That's good. I said to myself.

"Alright. You will scale through, I hope so". I said.

"Thank you ". she appreciated.

We had already negotiated leftward now heading towards the last oil well, oblivious that one of us was not going in accordance with his/her destination. Guess who!.

We've been drifted by the accommodation the umbrella was giving us at the moment coupled with the heated conversation we were engrossed in.

"So what's the secret behind this brilliance you exude"?. I asked.

" What do you mean"? she asked.

I knew she got a clue of my insinuation. it's cool to feign ignorance in this regard. It's quite understandable so I had to reiterate.

"Your fascinating fluency in spoken English; and your intellectual show of discretion". You must come from a renowned family for your charisma. I said.

"Hahaha". she let out an audible laughter which was engulfed by the foggy weather that I alone could have heard. Amidst laughter, she finally caught her breath and asked...

"You truly want to kill me with laughter tonight? I hope to reach my home with my lungs intact".

"OK, go on". I said.

"it's just that I like reading. I read a lot - novels; journals; online News just to get myself acquainted with the latest happenings and above all, to escape Boredom. "And about my family, we're just average". she finally concluded.

Wow, I knew it. For what it's worth, she wasn't just a regular girl. She reek of CLASS. My kinda person - intelligent, knowledgeable, benign demeanor, humble and always happy. I'm already attracted to her, though, I don't know what her face looks like.

"You love to read"? I asked in amazement.

"Yes, she said".

"Very good. I like reading as well and... " I was about completing my sentence before she kindly interrupted .

"Please, have you not passed your direction already. Hope it's that way"? She asked pointing towards the "Real is positive" route leading to my house.

"Yes, that's it. I intentionally passed it. I haven't gotten enough of you. Who in his right senses wouldn't pass his "? I said

"You know you're very funny. Are you not feeling the cold already"?

"Was it raining "?

"Haha". She laughed again and again. "I'm almost approaching my house". She beamed .

"So you don't need my company any longer"? I asked wryly.

"No, not it. I do but it's already late and you're drenched. That's my concern". She said.

"OK, I get it. Thanks for the concern". I said.

"But you can still escort me a metre more, only if you don't mind ". she said.

"I don't ". I said and made for a long stretch of my legs which continued counting my mileage.

"So, what's the name"? I inquired.

"My name is Joy". And you "?

"I am Uche. And How can I get the opportunity of seeing you again "? I asked.

"Wait". she said and smiled once more before delving into her purse, rummaging for something I had no clue on.

I still had no iota of what was going to happen not until I started seeing a gleam of light emanating from her purse as she started unveiling the hidden treasure behind her hand. There was a divergence of the beam which now became greater, casting a glint into my eyes which made me more conscious of the environment. Flipping her palm upward, I came to the realization as a 5" glass screen device with a lady's picture used as a wallpaper graced my eyes. Immediately, I knew it was her phone that she was after all these while.

The backlight turned off automatically and she pressed the button again to bring the light back. She punched some digits on the locked screen to grant her an administrative access to her phone and swiped through the Menu to locate the torchlight App. She activated the App and BOOM!!! a brighter light way greater than the backlight came on, shining under the umbrella and now revealing almost all that's been hidden throughout the meeting.

She readjusted the phone trying to hold it in the opposite direction letting the back side face my way as the torchlight shone greatly on my temple exposing the little droplets of rain trickling down my face and I squinted and bit my lips tightly to suckle the trickles.
"I want to see what your face looks like". She said as the beam hit for more seconds on my face.

"Haha, was that why you were searching for your phone, haha "? I asked.

"Yes o. " she said.

I subtly shifted her hand away from my face, now letting the beam of light fall on her face to ascertain the degree of beauty hiding under the night. Lo and behold, she was SKIN DEEP. Damn! I kept my gaze on her as my hand was now in possession of her gadget. This is beauty personified. In no time, I returned the device to her and sat up straight, then, sized her one more time.

She opened the purse, turned the torchlight off and was about putting it back to where it once belonged, that was the time I took the liberty of checking her out. I took a step backward, rolled my bulging eyes downwards which were now fixated on her backside. Between this free few seconds and the time I regained consciousness were like eternity. Like I've spent more time ogling this damsel.

She had a face of an innocent 19 year old; spotless with eyes a little bulgy but dreamy; Her Nubian nose was properly positioned which gave way for The protrusion of her cheeks - Those cheeks have seen a lot of smiles that they happen to be so conspicuous - her luscious lips are one inevitable part of her facial decoration which complemented the whole beauty radiating from her under the rain. Talk about the imaginary view of her backside that I got a glimpse of that almost got me transfixed for a while; it was below what I could assume as being massive. She was a complete figure to behold.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 8:33am On Jul 17, 2019
Please, Brothers and sisters in the house, your comments are needed. Don't just read and move on. Help a nigga out!
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 10:41am On Jul 17, 2019
Slide 6

For me, going home was the last thing in my head at the time. I wanted to keep staring at this blonde. There are actually a set of humans who appear realer than normal humans. And like John Greene would say, "what a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person".

She was almost done putting the device away before I demanded for her mobile contact. I guess I've smothered her enough but she wasn't complaining. She's obviously enjoying the attention, I thought.

She brought out her phone again and asked for mine rather so she could call my line afterwards.

"Let me have yours". She said.

"I didn't go out with my phone today. I left it at home". I said.

"OK, I'll have to save yours and put a call through later. How's that". She said.

"cool, cool". I said.

"Here's my contact number; 080 xxxx xxxx".

She punched the 11 digit numbers into her phone and saved it asap with whatever she deemed fit as a mnemonic.

"SAVED " She said and brought back her eyes to my face.

"So, you'll be heading this way now". I said pointing towards the left side of the road with my left hand.

"Yes". she said while nodding in the affirmative.

"And I'll be going towards this route". I said pointing towards the right with my right hand.

"OK". she said, brushing off the strands of hair that was finding its way to her eyes.

I stood, took a long stare into her eyes like one who was about performing exorcism on someone else. she stood, grinning from ear to ear just staring at my face without any more words.

I put my fists back to its original place of habitation - my pocket.

"I'll be expecting your call or message ". I said and walked a foot away from the umbrella.

"And I'll be expecting you to pick up too". she said with a grin.

"Alright ". Good night. I said and increased my counts, walking backwards towards my proposed route.

"You too". she said, now increasing her pace as she walked home.

This is where I reverse my "leg mobile" since my attention had trailed off to oblivion.

The rain came down more intensely, hitting me directly from head to toe without tampering justice with mercy. No one in place to come to my aid. None to intercede on my behalf as I strolled down the flooded street with uneven gullies littered everywhere.

Down the road I kept envisaging what my next line of action with this beauty would look like. This present rainfall can't wipe away the amount of likeness I have for her. I forgot it was already raining in totality as I kept whistling and humming through out. I swam through the flood without a bug. I was able to save the little picture I made of her face in my photographic memory. That was enough for me in the meantime.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2019
Slide 7

"What am I seeing"? .I almost shouted.

Power had been restored and all the streets are lit up with the streetlights shinning in its highest intensity. The lights from the bulbs of locked up shops and mini marts were also contributing to the brightness of the street. it's now easier to spot desire paths on this waterlogged street for better maneuvering.

My trousers were already rolled up to my shin, keeping them away from gathering extra sand and for easier movement.

I carried my soggy body albeit I was staggering and journeyed the lonely street home.

My green leather sandal won't forgive the level of embarrassment it had seen with me tonight. it was the first thing I pulled off as I stepped into the house. Along the porch, I placed it upside down to get off the whole water that had saturated it. I pulled my T-shirt afterwards followed by my trousers simultaneously. I was now left with my pair of boxer shorts. I made it through the sitting room without the sight of anyone. Stepping into the dinning and closer to the kitchen door, I started getting a feed of inaudible voices coming from the other end. I turned the door lob in a clockwise moment and pushed open the white door and was met with a pair of eyes which belonged to my sister-in-law.

"welcome ". she said.

"Good evening to you too ". I said with a wide grin and flickered my eyebrows. She was puzzled by my facial expressions and kept looking my direction. I smiled inwardly knowing fully well that she didn't have the slightest knowledge of the cause of my happiness at the moment. I pushed the guest room open and closed the door behind me.

I quickly got into the bathroom and turned the shower regulator to a clockwise direction which let out a rush of cold water now falling on my massive body frame. I felt the chilling sensation down my spine but I was unperturbed.

5 minutes later, I was out of the bathroom, brandishing a brown colored towel on my right hand. I quickly wiped and drained out every droplet of water that could be felt on my body. I reached out for my other boxer brief hanging out in the wardrobe with a Hawaiian beach decor. I slid gently into it and made out for my phone.

The room was partly untidy, thanks to my little niece and nephew who always grant themselves full access into it anytime they deem it fit to come visiting in my absence. The pillows were already on the floor and the duvet had partly slid to a corner of the bed exposing the fabric sewn to cover the foam before the proper introduction of the duvet.

I picked and replaced the pillows and blankets on the bed. My phone was not yet in sight as I shifted the bed to the side. Coming out of the room, I called on my sister-in-law.

"Did you see my phone, Nk "? I asked in a loud tone.
"Yes, I did. These kids were in possession of it when I saw them, so I quickly collected it from them.

"Thank you so much. You've done me a great deal ". I said.

"so, where's it "? I inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"I've plugged it to light. it's in the sitting room ". she said.

"Alright ". I said then moved straight towards the sitting room.

The 49" LG TV sitting comfortably on the brown colored Formica stand was still on, displaying a popular African Magic home video; the 6" standing fan was on its level 2 velocity giving the sitting room a cool ventilation; the water dispenser sitting comfortably at the position made for the wine bar was busy slurping up water which was now producing a bubbling sound with its 3 Led lights displaying individually.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 10:55am On Jul 17, 2019
Slide 8

I came down the sitting room, headed towards the 2-seaters soafer aligned very closely at the TV where my phone was idling. It must have missed my touch, this I know.

I pressed the power button onces and a battery charging display on the dark screen graced me. Then, I knew it had been turned off a long time ago before my arrival. I long pressed the power button this time and an INFINIX inscription came on. 7 seconds later, the device was completely on which started loading all the Apps and operating system.

A few seconds later, the analog clock displaying time on my device added a minute to its original time. It's now 8:35pm. I dialed a USSD code to check the remaining balance of my Glo data which I subscribed some days ago. A prompt came on showing 300mb of which will soon expire in 4 days time. I turned on the data and selected the "Glo" option. Going back to the menu option of the device, I clicked the Whatsapp App which came up showing a list of messages in order of lateness. I read them from top to bottom of the message which I instantly replied those that needed to be replied. Clicking the minimize button at the left end of my device, the list of running Apps came up and I swiped the Whatsapp App right to close it.

Opening the next App on my phone which was the Ucbrowser App - another prominent browser which has found its name in the hearts of modern internet users - I logged in to Nairaland - the biggest and most visited forum in West Africa. The headlines of that day were captivating. I read from one title to another; visited the Auto and Technology sections simultaneously and finally turned off the Data. I had earlier declined eating when Nk asked if I was ready to have my dinner. I think I'm ready now as I beckoned on her. The time is 9:15 pm already and I cared less on what any nutritionist had to say about my feeding time.

"Who time help? Was Dangote feeding earlier before he made his millions"? Or did Obama have to follow the instructions of the nutritionist before he became the president of the United States of America"? I thought.

A white ceramic plate was already sitting peacefully on the kitchen cabinet well covered as I entered the kitchen from the dining room. I opened it afterwards and saw a well garnished jollof rice settling in the hollow part of the plate which was depressed by the covering. The piece of meat I found on it had suffered a little bit of headache from the depression but the aroma couldn't hesitate for another second before it wafted into my nose.

I took a spoon from the cutlery rack and scooped a spoonful of rice into my mouth. it tasted "yummy" before I remembered I needed to drink some water first. I took the white ceramic cup that was sitting carefully on the sink and poured a little quantity of water from the jug. I took a swig and kept the cup back, this time on the kitchen cabinet.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 10:57am On Jul 17, 2019
Slide 9

My sister-in-law was now arranging the bedroom. She couldn't attend to me at the time. I guzzled down the plate of rice and took another round of slurp to help the food as it ran down my oesophagus. I cared less about the peristaltic movement every food must make when swallowed, all I cared was getting my belly refilled.

All this time, I was still basking in the euphoria of the lovely, beautiful creature I had met that night. Everything seemed perfect for me. My countenance was devoid of fussiness, grumbling, sulkinness and depression.

10:56pm, I was already in the bed.

Sitting beside the pillow was my phone. The backlight had been turned off as I closed my eyes for sleep.

"What a nice dessert". Before me was a bowl of meat resting on a transparent glass table waiting for my anointed hands to do justice to it. I was about devouring this once in a life time meal before the sound of an iPhone ringtone brought me back to consciousness - WHAT A DREAM!!!.

It was my INFINIX phone which I used an iPhone ringtone as its caller tone that was about ringing for the second time. I woke up as I saw a caption "unknown" as the caller ID. I managed to open my eyes before picking up the phone. I slid the answer button to the right which connected me to the caller in the other end.

"Hello, Good evening ". A female voice spoke.

"H-e-llo, mm-h mm-h " . I said trying to clear my throat.

"Hello". she said again.

"Hello" I said.

"it's Joy " she said

"Oh, Jo-o-o-y!" I said trying to sit upright as I readjusted in the bed.

"How are you? " she asked.

"I'm fine, joy ". I said.

"This is my number". she said.

"OK, and I'll save it right away ". I said.

"OK, Good night. " she said.

"Alright, Good night ". I said.

The call ended in 1 minute and 52 seconds. I brought the phone to my face, scrolled to the call register and long-pressed on the last contact with the unknown ID. A drop down of blank spaces came up which contained a space to fill out the name and other information. I punched in a 3 letter word ( J... o...y). I cleared the word and thought for a while. There's one distinct feature about this girl. That particular characteristic was obvious when we were conversing. And what could that be?

Yes, that's actually her intelligence and I was astounded by it. She attracted my attention with that poison. And there should be a word to qualify that act.

I thought for a while and started punching a different set of alphabets on the space for "Name".

S - A - P - I - O - S - E - X - U - A - L - I - T - Y. Then, I clicked the SAVE option.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by bossy512(f): 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
Very interesting, pls more
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2019
bossy512:
Very interesting, pls more
Thanks. My first motivation.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by OlufemiWhit(m): 9:22am On Jul 19, 2019
Keep it up bro......comments would come
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by benjaminky: 4:08am On Jul 22, 2019
I feel strange when people rarely change their phone ringtones. If you use ringtones with your favorite songs you will always be happy
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by rubenson(m): 12:54am On Jul 23, 2019
this cool & lovely story keep on plz
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by skyblueking(m): 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2019
Your story dope gan...
Are we expecting more??
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by eyeon(m): 8:28am On Jul 24, 2019
I find it very difficult to read.
But I read all of this one... Every one of it. Twisting through the parts were the words got twisted.
And for Joy, if I were as good with drawing; from your choices of words for her description, would have perfectly sketched.
Had the story not been as yummy as the jollof rice NK served someone in the story above; I. Of all persons. Wouldn't had read until the final dot.

Nice write-up. Keep it up.
@Aboyaji

2 Likes

Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by Royver(m): 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2019
aboyaji:

This is my first time putting down a written story aside the diary I made since 2014. I may not be a good and perfect writer, but I know that a day begins a STORY. This story here.

I've read a number of interesting stories here (Nairaland) and outside this ecosystem.

I have a list of guys that turned me on with their writing prowess. I admire them a lot. They are;

Royver - I'm addicted to this fellow here. I'm actually obsessed with him and his stories. I'm still reading The story he wrote since 2013 or so ( I see things others do not see) till today. Over and over.

Audrey Timms.......

I can't name all the good writers here because I can't remember all. Sometimes, I can't remember my own name sef.

Onemansquad Psalmology Lildrizzle Bluestarry macpetrus. Uthman51 stuff46 seunviju kceemart kingsley18 nceedaga therealbabe Costlybabe prettydiva89 Rounakid IdyRaph kingphilip Otupeluv heemah will007 aprilwise demmy66 KOLITE93 missfaviy 1sikiru1 MhizTemmie Missmossy lalasticlala lovingangel Mimikathy JulietAKK faithomoh24 cheskabiney Sirfrederick labaski Harmonyemerald ayodijex Fembleez1 MissMalia mismore Omotayelolu.
boladegreat shegs2009 ixora3 Kruzilano Tholuwani michaelmo11 Noela12 hadease sherryshitt lhateaphart21 MsKaffy Feyikemi12 Maryofficial Tuljaking underage nceedaga abbiey Queening missuniverse EllaGold35 Orlolahdey Klare fam24 loshybab clemz88 qhutetomsel jaymomma nimat158 tizblink sheyflixy1 Israel23 lilbethlars merasnipes
deslim Lobolintin bumsiee teelord1 ngona Chivee latbas rotluv famora d4real890 soniachuks
Niwdog amyvals SweetyZinta niffy102 Ormorlehwah Frankzamani OlufemiWhit ChyEndowed jeremie97 bamgbalaot leosmaria Chimdim silverx teeman10 awesomebabe sbyna omobola200 ArrowAssassin Preeteeshir GATED IamYhudii adeh39 chinedumo adeodunsimilolu akugbemike Aipete2 Hicea1 Ashiat39 rollex4ever ritzeluv slimport Uthman2senior mercydaniel loveyP tizblink Felinize folake25 princessadeola girly2020 umahi69 BlizzydoDo Dahprech Dahprech SPDAZZY Shoelace1 mimicious gunners160 Rajosh Fumzybabe Brozo1 will007 Coolfaze Omoalhaja7 Ronke001 Slingkey FIDELITY24
jecigold happinessa517 pweetyoge donziller gabrisunate emtebe blossomic fabulousbrainzz Holuwadharah Executiveti loshybab GiftedAgwu juliejames sodson11 Angelina996 Mj45 Airies Yungdamsel folalek Godwinfriz kemmyp michaelmo11 Damzy997 MrKIDO raffyreuz Damiewonder uniqueflash oluwasolajames PEZMAN Upnepaa GodWisdom Ashraf123 Itzemmyzone Kakabliss Pukka36 meekmiki6

I'm back. For real this time. and i honestly dont know where to start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by chiboyo(m): 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2019
aboyaji:

Audrey Timms.......

Present!

Hope i didn't come too late to the party!
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 12:30am On Aug 01, 2019
chiboyo:

Present!

Hope i didn't come too late to the party!
No. You're right on time. Your criticism is highly welcomed.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 12:31am On Aug 01, 2019
Royver:

I'm back. For real this time. and i honestly dont know where to start.
We're patiently waiting for your criticism on this.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by OlufemiWhit(m): 9:32am On Aug 01, 2019
Guy update nah
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by chiboyo(m): 9:48am On Aug 01, 2019
aboyaji:
No. You're right on time. Your criticism is highly welcomed.

Nice write up!

Please continue
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by Ann2012(f): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2019
Following
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by Royver(m): 9:06pm On Aug 09, 2019
aboyaji:
THE RAIN

( a short story by ucmacanthony)

"...can I share how I met this lovely sister here"? I said, pointing at the direction where she was seated.

"Yes! ". The congregation echoed.

I could see some members of the church nodding in the affirmative while others were just indifferent.

"Please, sister, may you join me on the podium "?. I requested.

The Lady on a black skirt and blouse rose to her feet and made a headway in my direction. She reached and turned to a 180° , now facing the crowd while their eyes were all fixated on her.

Holding the microphone firmly on my right hand and reserving the left hand for gesticulation, I began...

"I met this sister on a fateful Wednesday night between the hours of 7 and 8pm while I was on my way home from Trans Amadi. I had to go there from my residence on foot".

I could notice the astonishment building up in the eyes of the congregation as they raised their eyebrows in amazement. Some readjusted their seats while looking on each other's eyes.

"Not that I only went on foot, I was actually coming back on foot too". I continued.

"In one or two occasions, I managed to climb into the back of moving lorries that were heading my way in the long trekking. I quickly jumped down and got on another as soon as the lorries diverted into a different direction".

While on the road, the cloud had clustered together and had become more darker this time. Condensation had taken place in the atmosphere, hence the cold weather. There's been an intermittent rumbling in the Sky and the express road leading to the shell company located along Okpulor road in etche Lga had been overwhelmed by gusts of wind.

In a bid to make ends meet, Bikers were seen jostling and struggling to get passengers on their bikes to be conveyed to their respective homes just along the shell junction. The number of taxis had reduced to a certain amount being that there are more passengers coming back home than those going out at this time of the evening.

I delved into my pocket to get my phone. Looking at the screen, the time said "7:16pm.There was a drop of liquid substance on my device which I had no knowledge of its source. Looking up, it hit directly on my eyelid. I quickly returned the phone back to where I got it from as I walked past the commuters.

"it's really going to rain for sure" I said to myself.

I walked briskly along the road as the droplets came more than expected. I really couldn't fathom the ambiguity of the challenges I was facing; whether it's the impending rainfall or the odoriferous stench from the pile of dirt littered along the right wing of the road which had successfully found its way into my nasal cavity. I grimaced as the odour wafted now leaving me with no other option but to stifle my breath for the next 30 seconds as I increased my pace.

The speed bumps which had contributed to sanity restoration to the road users had given way as it wore from the middle which made bikers to speed uncontrollably. An oncoming biker had paid less attention to the young boys jaywalking as he zoomed at a high acceleration hitting his throttle presumably at 60mph unconscious of the speed bumps, he applied an abrupt brake and swerved over the bumps involuntarily and the boys rushed to the side of the road.

Jim Jam Super Mart was some metres away from me. I murmured some prayers in my heart to reach it in time as I'm partly drenched. It had started raining heavily before I scurried to the Mart. The awning built in front of the mart for displaying items was now my saving grace. I ran into it and heaved a heavy sigh. I brought out my phone once again to check how safe it's been under the downpour. Alas! it was unscathed. No single droplet on its plastic body.

A plastic back chair was idling just before the entrance to the Mart. The staff of the Mart were all indoors already entertaining themselves with the cool blues compilation in their laptop which gave a nice rendition that rebounded on the glass doors and windows. I was able to make out the genre and artist of the music on play as I eavesdropped from the door.

"SPEECHLESS. Oh, what a sooting sound by Mj"! I said as I checked on the staff.

The cold was already lurking and I sat comfortably on the chair albeit shaky legs, waiting for the rain to calm down a bit before I continue and finally head home because of my allergies for rain of which could make me prone to cold - Pneumonia.

Judging from the pressure it was raining, I don't think it's going to calm down anytime soon. I checked the time and it's already rounding toward 8.

Hello Macanthony.

So you want to be a writer? Money no too dey inside oh grin

Seriously though, congratulations on your debut. Writing is a passion, it is something that is uncontrollable, the urge to put down words to pen and paper and make a story. It can really be exhilarating and frustrating at the same time.

Your write-up here is good. I can imagine you have the story already in your head. Your use of English is better than most and your spellings are no point.

However, you have to watch your tenses. Keep to past tense if that is what you want to do or present tense. Oscillating between them makes things look kind of clumsy. Some of the words are not appropriate like "Looking on each others eyes". Did you mean "looking at each others eyes"? Or better yet "stealing glances at each other"? "Looking at each other in amazement"? etc.

The ending of this first installment seems rushed. Lie you knew the ending already and were in a hurry to get there.

That all I have for now, let me get back t the story.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by Royver(m): 9:24pm On Aug 09, 2019
aboyaji:
Next slide

A dark complexioned man in his late 50's and a lady in her early 40's were seen rushing into the large awning which was about 18ft wide and 9ft tall.

"Good evening, brother." The dark complexioned man said and kept stamping his feet on the floor to shake off the water on his trousers and shoes. The woman was too busy cuddling unto her hand bag which was too precious at the moment. I could see her bring out her mini umbrella from the precious bag, unlocking the strap holding it together and engaging the eject shooter. In no time, a rose flowered blue umbrella was unveiled. She hoisted it maybe to juxtapose its strength with the pressure of the rain. It dawned on her she was better off under the awning than under her umbrella.

The sound coming from the Mart had me nodding throughout my interim stay in front of the Mart. Lionel Richie's STUCK ON YOU was on play when I saw this sister walking with an umbrella. I got interested of the new development that surfaced, of course I wasn't going to sit there forever. But I got withdrawn when I squinted and realized they were a couple of which there was no other room left for me. I sat down and bowed my head in disappointment.

I waited for a while till it started drizzling so I made my way into the tarred road. The older woman had picked up her umbrella yet again and headed for the road.

No longer sooner have had I covered a distance than I met this the sister that had passed previously walking slowly, but now alone. Probably, the other person had taken his leave. so I came to the realization that she was being of help to him. so I thought.

The weather had gotten darker left save for the beams of light coming from the headlamps of cars and other commuters and the noises emanating from honking horns which kept the road very busy and audible.

I was already drenched to my feet, so I paid less attention to the splashes of dirty, murky flood the road users poured on me. The beam coming from behind shone on us and I was able to see the color of her dress - A dark blue short- sleeved gown. But in the light of my findings, I could vaguely make out her face at the moment. The uncomfortable situation we were all in had dissuaded me from seeing her face and there was no ray of light from the front end as well. I approached and asked if I could join her and the following conversation ensued :

"Hello, can I join you " I politely asked.

She raised her head, now looking at a 6.2ft young man asking for help.

"Yes. Yes you can". she affirmed.

I joined immediately and she shifted to the right for more accommodation. Droplets of rain from the umbrella was still hitting on my left shoulder which made me squeeze my arm and body closely.

We'd ve walked a few feet then I decided to proffer a better solution of comfort by asking her to let me hold the umbrella since I'm I was taller and would hold it more comfortably. She declined and insisted on holding it still.

"it seems this girl doesn't know her exact height" I said thought to myself and took my time scrutinizing her and as well while taking a mental calculation of her actual height.

"4.8 or 5ft highest, she can't exceed that ". I concluded inwardly.

"OK, you can hold it. I think you're in the right position since you're taller". she finally gave up.

"Now, you're right on track and back to your 4G LTE network()" I thought and grabbed the handle of the umbrella.

A long, yet short silence was observed as we embarked on this rain-induced meeting. Then, I broke the silence.

"Hey, where are you coming back from and where are you headed" I asked.

"church, and I'm going home". she retorted.

"OK, won't you win a soul tonight "? I asked, trying to indulge her in a lengthy conversation.

She let out a loud laughter as the question came in abruptly. I could guess from her countenance, she was a bit perturbed. Notwithstanding, she shook it off.

"Sorry oh, I forgot myself. what would you want me to talk on, and where do you think is your area of concentration that requires clarification"? She asked and Her cheek grew bigger as the question came while her face lit up more from the laughter she just had.

"Anywhere. just start anywhere". I said .

"Alright". She said. I was taken on a lengthy journey of Gospel which encompassed all angles I've heard repeatedly in the church and on TV and on the streets too. What got me flummoxed was the influx of biblical knowledge permeating every context of hers which had me engrossed for as long as I could remember.
Re: The Rain - A Story By Ucmacanthony by aboyaji(m): 12:18am On Aug 10, 2019
Royver:

Hello Macanthony.

So you want to be a writer? Money no too dey inside oh grin

Seriously though, congratulations on your debut. Writing is a passion, it is something that is uncontrollable, the urge to put down words to pen and paper and make a story. It can really be exhilarating and frustrating at the same time.

Your write-up here is good. I can imagine you have the story already in your head. Your use of English is better than most and your spellings are no point.

However, you have to watch your tenses. Keep to past tense if that is what you want to do or present tense. Oscillating between them makes things look kind of clumsy. Some of the words are not appropriate like "Looking on each others eyes". Did you mean "looking at each others eyes"? Or better yet "stealing glances at each other"? "Looking at each other in amazement"? etc.

The ending of this first installment seems rushed. Lie you knew the ending already and were in a hurry to get there.

That all I have for now, let me get back t the story.
Thank you so much, Mr Royver. I appreciate your efforts in editing some of the write-ups. I'll keep to your advice. I'm a new baby in this field. Thanks having you around.

Yes, I rushed it. I saw the end. You knew what I did there.

(1) (Reply)

The Bad Ass Girl { Korean Comedy & Romantic Story} / ‘Your Problem Is Ignorance': Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls / Adesewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 214
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.