Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,288 members, 7,839,429 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike (21949 Views)

No Warning Before Next Strike, Labour Tells FG / Nationwide Strike: Stock Homes With Food, Medicines, Others, Labour Tells Nigeri / Nationwide Strike: You Must Be At Work From Monday, FG Tells Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by RDPMAN: 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2019
I know it will get down to this.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Monjerk: 12:07pm On Jul 17, 2019
Toothless bulldog.

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by bigcasava1(m): 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2019
Mumu NLC

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by blackpanda: 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2019
kernniejay:
So they dont have money to pay minimum wage but they have enough to set up ruga settlements across all 36 states and provide schools, roads, hospital, power supply etc to all the ruga community?

America is over $20trillion in debt. Yet america still gives aid to many countries all over the world

Govt doesnt function the way u think
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by banio: 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2019
The weakest Labour Union Excos in history

2 Likes

Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by kernniejay(m): 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2019
blackpanda:

America is over $20trillion in debt. Yet america still gives aid to many countries all over the world

Govt doesnt function the way u think
But America sets her priorities right, Nigeria priorities is Fulani and Ruga at the expense of all other citizens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Solutiondesk: 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2019
The Nigerian government has exhibited a very high level of irresponsible form of leadership, I remember vividly the propaganda on minimum wage and trader money, suddenly Bwabanjo seem to have forgotten that 75% of our population live below poverty level.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by onyxo76(m): 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2019
So when do they want to start? Fix date and call off the night before....no be today?
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by amaben2020(m): 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2019
Buhari is worse than Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear bombs, what a model for disaster
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by ejemamaka: 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2019
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Naanlong01: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2019
Las las the new minister for labour and productivity when sworn in will restart the negotiation and the story will change completely. I pity civil servant in Nigeria. By the way, won't oga presido forward efcc chairmo's name (Magu) to the 9th assembly for confirmation this time since his enemies at the 8th assembly has lost the leadership of the house?. If Magu is confirmed as the substantial chairman.... E go sweet die as in heads will roll. E go hot gan. Meanwhile we need judicial reform to aid this ongoing fight.

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by kernniejay(m): 12:53pm On Jul 17, 2019
iammo:
angry

Who cares... we cant be using all our resources to cater for politicians and civil servants, and still expect us to borrow and mortgage our future to fund budget that only service their Salary Allowance and Expenditures

Any fool that doesnt benefit directly and joins them is a dunce... Until they protest to reduce cost of Governance,Poor Power supply, RUGA or Seciurity votes and constituincy projects then count us out

Chai, God will bless you for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by saintchibu(m): 1:13pm On Jul 17, 2019
References:
The organised Labour has directed its members in all the 36 states and Abuja to get ready for a total showdown with government should the negotiation on the adjustment from the new national minimum wage break down.

On its part, the government side is insisting on 9.5 percent salary adjustment for officers on grade levels 07-14 and 5 percent for those on grade levels 15-17.

The workers expressed concern that rather than presenting the two positions to technical subcommittee as agreed, but “Surprisingly, when the Technical Sub-Committee reconvened, the Government Side introduced a strange clause to the discussion insisting that the Term of Reference of the Committee was to work out the consequential adjustment of salaries of Public Servants based on the subhead provided for salaries in the 2019 Budget.”

All efforts by the Trade Union Side to persuade the Government Side to return to the right track of negotiation and agree on a realistic percentage increase proved abortive.”

"Thus, the Government Side deliberately created a stalemate and thereafter adjoined the meeting of the Technical Committee sine die.”

According to a communiqué, a copy of which was issued to newsmen, the workers said the downward review by labour was due to a promise by government to undertake a general salary review in no distance time.

The communiqué was jointly signed by the acting chairman and Secretary, Comrades Anchaver Simon and Alade Bashir Lawal.

The communiqué reads in part, “The Trade Union Side of JNPSNC has now resolved that the Federal Government should reconvene the meeting of the Technical Committee on Consequential Adjustment immediately so that it can conclude its deliberations and ensure that all Public Service Employees benefit adequately from the N30,000 new monthly National Minimum Wage signed into Law by Mr. President since April, 2019.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/labour-tells-workers-to-prepare-for-strike.html
To the contrary, those earning below N30000 before the new minimum wage will be paid this month.
Source:
https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/16/buhari-approves-immediate-implementation-new-minimum-wage/
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Alanzazani: 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2019
kernniejay:
So they dont have money to pay minimum wage but they have enough to set up ruga settlements across all 36 states and provide schools, roads, hospital, power supply etc to all the ruga community?

Don't mind the confused mediocres in power

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Toseenlove: 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2019
Wolexdey:
Labour need to understand the politics played by the government. You should endeavor to think ahead if you must achieve this goal.

Labour should embark on strike till all agreement have been reached. Failure to do this is gullibility.

Do you know how much each senator earns? Compare that salary and allowances to what the citizens earn(The very hard working citizens)...

If we do not cut cost of governance as soon as possible, we will wake up someday and realize that majority of this politicians were never Nigerians. They only fed large on Nigerians wealth and ran back to their original Country.

Labour! Don't dull

Lol DOA!!! Keep deceiving yourself. The Shithole Is long gone!!! Rest In Pieces To The Shithole!!!
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by adetes: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2019
Workers should forget abt 30k as minimum wage, cos this government r nt ready
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by InvertedHammer: 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2019
/
This is what happens when morons with no experience in negotiations lead the wild pack. A year to reelection is when they should hold politicians by the jugular to get good results. The campaign and false promises are over. If they like, they can go on strike for the next four years, Buhari won't bat an eyelid.

/
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by fanzine(f): 2:02pm On Jul 17, 2019
During Oga Jonathan time there was no fuss on minimum wage increment, no hype either .It reflected on their salaries when due. Now bsee what workers are going through. Well we got what we want. This happens when you vote in the wrong person.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Foxie: 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2019
tmphoto:
Good morning Nairalanders my name is Ifeoluwa Atewogbola and am a 100l student of OOU annex located in obada Abeokuta in Ogun state with the matric no OOUC 190/283. Am currently having a issue concerning my School Fees, I am the only son of my family and I have been sponsoring myself since when av been able to work, my school fees is 30K and I have been able to raise 15K out of it but my school made a regulation that the school fees should be Paid No Later Than JULY 26 otherwise my admission would be Forfeited due to our matriculation that is going to be held on AUGUST 3, I have tried all my possible best to get the rest of the fee but all to no avail that's why I decided to bring it up here to whoever that might be willing to help me with any amount I will be very grateful these are my details if you wish to assist me. Name- ATEWOGBOLA IFEOLUWA TIMOTHEW, School- OOUC, level-100l, matric no- OOUC 190/283, account no- 2400000283, Bank- Ecobank, acct name- Atewogbola ifeoluwa Timothew. I need your help Nigerians plesase
Why not sell the phone you're using to browse to meet up and possibly stop data subscription so you could save up? Nigerians already have a lot on their plates.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by gr8tone: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2019
Chai see how cow dey relevant in Nigeria than Nigerians
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by riches4me(m): 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2019
You see the lives of corrupt officers. When they were seeing all under arms they didn't send salary, now that
Next to nothing is coming in they want to kill themselves on salary negotiations.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
On this I support Buhari not to pay those already earning more than N30k. Buhari has ordered the low earners to be paid N30k immediately.

But the greedy civil servants already earning 150k to 200k want to be paid N260k to N350k. Thieves ole. Na only una dey Nigeria.

If I was the President, I would rather employ more with N30k salary than increase salary of senior civil servants by over 60%. Selfish and greedy unproductive set of people.

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by udemzyudex(m): 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2019
Mtcheew... Dog that can only bark but can't bite.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by blackpanda: 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2019
kernniejay:

But America sets her priorities right, Nigeria priorities is Fulani and Ruga at the expense of all other citizens.

u just need to get over your myopic tribal bias
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
tmphoto:
Good morning Nairalanders my name is Ifeoluwa Atewogbola and am a 100l student of OOU annex located in obada Abeokuta in Ogun state with the matric no OOUC 190/283. Am currently having a issue concerning my School Fees, I am the only son of my family and I have been sponsoring myself since when av been able to work, my school fees is 30K and I have been able to raise 15K out of it but my school made a regulation that the school fees should be Paid No Later Than JULY 26 otherwise my admission would be Forfeited due to our matriculation that is going to be held on AUGUST 3, I have tried all my possible best to get the rest of the fee but all to no avail that's why I decided to bring it up here to whoever that might be willing to help me with any amount I will be very grateful these are my details if you wish to assist me. Name- ATEWOGBOLA IFEOLUWA TIMOTHEW, School- OOUC, level-100l, matric no- OOUC 190/283, account no- 2400000283, Bank- Ecobank, acct name- Atewogbola ifeoluwa Timothew. I need your help Nigerians plesase
snap and share your admission letter and other documents related to your school with exact dates...or else people won't take you serious
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2019
walexy100:
On this I support Buhari not to pay those already earning more than N30k. Buhari has ordered the low earners to be paid N30k immediately.

But the greedy civil servants already earning 150k to 200k want to be paid N260k to N350k. Thieves ole. Na only una dey Nigeria.

If I was the President, I would rather employ more with N30k salary than increase salary of senior civil servants by over 60%. Selfish and greedy unproductive set of people.
oga politicians nko??.....na wetin dey make people vex
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Dafemich(m): 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2019
iammo:
angry

Who cares... we cant be using all our resources to cater for politicians and civil servants, and still expect us to borrow and mortgage our future to fund budget that only service their Salary Allowance and Expenditures

Any fool that doesnt benefit directly and joins them is a dunce... Until they protest to reduce cost of Governance,Poor Power supply, RUGA or Seciurity votes and constituincy projects then count us out

What is the percentage of the 30k minimum wage to be paid to civil servant that you are comparing with tones of millions that the politicians. When it come to the masses, Nigerian will be divisive and shouting, but when it is that of the politicians, we won't talk. Do you know that the salary of a senator with all the allowances, can be use to pay the salary of over a 100 state civil servant in a month?
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Dafemich(m): 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2019
kernniejay:

Don't mind him jare. I don't know how govt is been run when it comes to the government payment of the minimum wage

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Bakerdav: 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
That is how they do, it's doesn't favour the senior levels, nlc abeg let go on strike immediately, but they have money to give lawmakers ,what a govt

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by iammo(m): 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2019
Dafemich:
What is the percentage of the 30k minimum wage to be paid to civil servant that you are comparing with tones of millions that the politicians. When it come to the masses, Nigerian will be divisive and shouting, but when it is that of the politicians, we won't talk. Do you know that the salary of a senator with all the allowances, can be use to pay the salary of over a 100 state civil servant in a month?

Ignorance is written all over your post... Civil Servants are not masses.. they are part of the less than 5% of Nigerians that put 95% in national debt.. if Civil Servants were hardworking then why is ministry of works issueing contracts for mere road to Chinese Civil Engineering Company while they get full pay to seat in office all day.. as an Adult what have you benefited from the salaries paid to Ministry of Water Resources? Do you have municipality water? Water Ministry of Power they earn billions in salary what did you gain.. do they even employ poor masses?
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by Kazim88: 6:54pm On Jul 17, 2019
iammo:

Ignorance is written all over your post... Civil Servants are not masses.. they are part of the less than 5% of Nigerians that put 95% in national debt.. if Civil Servants were hardworking then why is ministry of works issueing contracts for mere road to Chinese Civil Engineering Company while they get full pay to seat in office all day.. as an Adult what have you benefited from the salaries paid to Ministry of Water Resources? Do you have municipality water? Water Ministry of Power they earn billions in salary what did you gain.. do they even employ poor masses?

True talk, Nigeria Civil Service is completely useless.
75% of salaries are paid to ghost workers
Re: New Minimum Wage: Labour tells workers to prepare for strike by kernniejay(m): 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2019
blackpanda:

u just need to get over your myopic tribal bias
what more can be a myopic tribal bias than your President that wants you to surrender your inheritance to his tribesmen to feed their livestock? you need to be sharp, you are too dull.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Justice Ugo Has Not Resigned – Appeal Court / There Was No Zoning In Kogi APC, why should there be in Edo? - Oshiomhole / Deplorable State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway During Heavy Downpour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.