Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,776 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

APGA National Chairman Victor Oye Shuns Birthday Celebration, Gives Reason - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA National Chairman Victor Oye Shuns Birthday Celebration, Gives Reason (226 Views)

Reuben Abati Rants On APGA Chairman, Victor Oye, For Asking Him To Shut Up On TV / Chineye Amaechi Is Dead! Victor Oye's Daughter Dies Of Typhoid And Malaria / 2019 Presidency: APGA National Chairman, Victor Oye Speaks On Party’s Readiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APGA National Chairman Victor Oye Shuns Birthday Celebration, Gives Reason by Nkemakonam62: 1:36pm On Jul 17, 2019
The national chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Ozonkpu (Dr.) Ozonkpu Victor Ike Oye, says he shunned his birthday celebration as a mark of respect for his departed daughter, Mrs. Chinenye Barbara Amaechi (Nee Oye) who died recently at the age 27 after a brief illness.
According to the APGA national chairman, 'I cannot be celebrating my 63rd birthday while my late daughter is out there lying in cold. It doesn't make sense to me. I'm in a period of mourning. I cannot be seen celebrating or rejoicing. It is culturally wrong for me to embark on such celebration.
'I have received countless calls and goodwill messages from my political associates, friends and well-wishers wishing me happy birthday. Some of them wrote beautiful piece. I have also read beautiful write-ups about my person on the Social media since early this morning. I have only one word for them, Thank you. I appreciate you all.
'All I'm asking as a birthday gift is prayers. Prayer for the quick repose of my daughter's soul. No gift will be more than that prayer. I want everybody to spare a thought for my deceased daughter. Pray for her,' Ozonkpu pleaded.
Meanwhile, APGA New Media Group, has called on well meaning Nigerians to continue to remember the National Chairman of APGA, his wife, his family members and his in-laws in their prayers, especially at this period of grief.

The group said that celebrating APGA national chairman at 63 would had been a joyous and worthy celebration save for the burden of grief owing to the death of his last daughter.
'The blood of Jesus will continue to whisper peace within, our dear Ozonkpu. Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. Happy birthday the people's chairman,' the stated.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/apga-national-chairman-victor-oye-shuns.html

(1) (Reply)

Advocacy Group Faults Obasanjo’s Open Letter To Buhari / I Never Criticized Buhari’s Achievements ⁠— Wole Soyinka / Cheap Propaganda By Buhari, Elrufai & Gang Of Wicked Mass Murderers:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.