Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage (8088 Views)

20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? / How Long Does Green Card Application Processing Take ? / Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by chux4liv(m): 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2010
@notjustok, Men this is good, oooo I begg I like to ask, how soon can one start the Marriage processing thing, do you have to live in the states for some month after ones arrival ?
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 6:14am On Nov 11, 2010
chux4liv:

@notjustok, Men this is good, oooo I begg I like to ask, how soon can one start the Marriage processing thing, do you have to live in the states for some month after ones arrival ?

I would advice 2months from date of arrival, sometimes 3months
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by jchublue: 10:07am On Feb 16, 2011
pls how long does an EAD take to arrive after the I-765 has been filed. any info will be appreciated.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2011
jchublue:

pls how long does an EAD take to arrive after the I-765 has been filed. any info will be appreciated.

Normally you would be told 30days from filling you should get letter of appointment for biometrics less than 14days after that you should be sent your EAD card , in summary maximum time frame 3months according to them o but i have seen cases where biometrics alone took 5months after filling EAD but note that your work authorization might have been approved but might not be released because you have not thumb printed yet sooo in summary no time frame you might be lucky in less than 3months you EAD is approved and it might take u eternity but definatly you would get it,
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by DeeJay20: 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2011
A Nigerian Desperate to travell/Naturalise abroad by all mean is like a man on the verge of an Or.ga.sm!!!
sad sad sad sad
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2011
DeeJay20:

A Nigerian Desperate to travell/Naturalise by all mean is like a man on the verge of an Or.ga.sm!!!
sad sad :
Oga am sure your speaking from experience how ever you travelled or naturalized either by your mama giving birth to you out side naija there was an Or.ga.sm involved i dont mean to be disrespectful am only quoting you,  Nice and true quote anyway

1 Like

Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by bubsykay: 10:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
Hello Every body! Pls I will like to know if getting married outside the united state and then using the certificate to process a visa for your husband takes the same period in time with getting married in the united state. thanks
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by DeeJay20: 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2011
notjustok:

Oga am sure your speaking from experience how ever you travelled or naturalized either by your mama giving birth to you out side naija there was an Or.ga.sm involved i dont mean to be disrespectful am only quoting you,  Nice and true quote anyway

Bros, i know that its not easy and we did not choose where we
were born, however we have to address this issue of every-body
wanting to travell out.

The question we should be asking is what do the Indians see in Nigeria
that we do not see? And remember that the indians that are coming
into the country know the National & International dimension of
the vaue of doing business in Nigeria.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by bubsykay: 8:47pm On Feb 17, 2011
Please! I need information, What happens if he or she comes to marry you outside America, is it the same procedure or is another situation?? tanks
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 11:31pm On Feb 17, 2011
@deejay20

Human beings see things differently and so profer solutions based on how they see things, the indians might be succesfull in Nigeria but remember they had to leave there own country which is india a Nigerian can decide to relocate to india and set up his own company and be succesfull, na person wey dey wear shoe know where e dey pain am, read inbtw the linessss we all have different destiny,

buskay
it takes about 5yrs or more am not really sure but it takes a longer period of time compared to when u file withing the US the estimated time according to USCIS is 5months,
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by bubsykay: 8:10pm On Feb 21, 2011
@ notjustok, Thank you for you ınformatıon, but what do you thınk?? ıt ıs advısable to let her come to marry you outsıde the unıted state consıderıng the long perıod of tıme.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by DeeJay20: 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2011
notjustok:

@deejay20

Human beings see things differently and so profer solutions based on how they see things, the indians might be succesfull in Nigeria but remember they had to leave there own country which is india a Nigerian can decide to relocate to india and set up his own company and be succesfull, na person wey dey wear shoe know where e dey pain am,  read inbtw the linessss we all have different destiny,

buskay
it takes about 5yrs or more am not really sure but it takes a longer period of time compared to when u file withing the US the estimated time according to USCIS is 5months,

Your Points are Strongly Noted, Please may God give me that In-sight of View of Seeing things like Indians in Nigeria so i too
can buy raw materials for 1 million Naira and sale them on the International Market for 1 Million Dollars (Sic)!!!
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by Busybody2(f): 5:01pm On Feb 26, 2011
Lol, this thread funny die cheesy Notjustok opens thread to offer the information he knows and throws the floor open for others who wishes to share a thing or two, too, but instead things got misconstrued and peeps thought he was here for help and he ends up chopping insults and being called ungrateful grin Travel section's hot-tempered people sha grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 8:34pm On Apr 11, 2011
:p
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 11:54pm On Apr 11, 2011
bubsykay:

Please! I need information, What happens if he or she comes to marry you outside America, is[b] it the same procedure or is another situation[/b]?? tanks

U better don't let some idiot mis-inform you. Some people are ignorant of the US Immigration laws but they claim to know all.
Since the realtionship is based on marriage then u are an Immediate Relative of the US Citizen and a visa number is immediately available to you no matter where u are. Let your wife petition the form I-130 for you. When th petition is approved USCIS will notify the National Visa Centre. The NVC will notify you to submit additional documents and pay all the necessary fees. The Consular Office in Lagos will notify you of the dat of your interview and they will determine if u are eligible for an Immigrant Visa.
If you are granted an immigrant visa, the consular officer will give you a packet of information. This packet is known as a “Visa Packet.” You should not open this packet.

Upon your arrival to the United States, you should give your Visa Packet to the Customs and Border Protection officer at the port of entry. You will be inspected by a Customs and Border Protection officer and if found admissible, will be admitted as a permanent resident of the United States, which gives you the authority to live and work in the United States permanently. All things bing equa[/b]l these process shouldn' take more than 6 months if it's a marriage based petition.
Below is a link from USCIS

[b]The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) offers an individual two primary paths to permanent resident status (a green card). An individual who is the beneficiary of an approved immigrant petition and has an immigrant v[b]isa number immediately available may apply at a U.S. Department of State consulate abroad for an immigrant visa in order to come to the United States and be admitted as a permanent resident
. This pathway is referred to as “consular processing.”

Adjustment of status is an alternate process by which an eligible person, who is already in the United States, can apply for permanent resident status without having to return to his/her home country to complete processing.

Immigrant visas available to “i[b]mmediate relatives” of U.S. citizens are unlimited, so are always available. . Immediate relatives include, parents of a U.S. citizen, spouses of a U.S. citizen and, unmarried children under the age of 21 of a U.S. citizen. [/b]
[/b]

notjustok:

@deejay20

buskay
i[b]t takes about 5yrs or more am not really sure but it takes a longer period of time compared to when u file withing the US the estimated time according to USCIS is 5months, [/b]

Ignorance is no defense of the law. Don't mislead people on this forum

1 Like

Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 1:09am On Apr 12, 2011
@Oyewoleju

You this foolish boi hoping to make money for people who want to adjust there status, you back again why cant you for once in your useless life give out an advice without having to insult people , All the informations you just said can be gotten from uscis.gov so why insult people, foolish stupid boi,
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 2:03am On Apr 12, 2011
notjustok:

@Oyewoleju

You this foolish boi hoping to make money for people who want to adjust there status

Oh so u think. Does that give give u the immunity to post nonsense?
Does it answer the question why u gave a misleading infromation?
From 6 months to 5 years do u think we are dullard like u?

notjustok:

you back again why cant you for once in your useless life give out an advice without having to insult people , [b]All the informations you just said can be gotten from uscis.gov [/b]so why insult people, foolish silly boi,

But u know they are on the internet why did u gave a wrong information?
Man, this is the 2nd quarter of 2011 get a life and stop chasing shadows
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by hiding1: 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2011
All this one wey un dey insult each other make una forget. I will say everyone is right because USCIS says each case is different.

Me I need help with filing and I need Naija people who are nice enough to help out. Reach me at timfarlly@yahoo.com

This help is really important abeg. Make una help a brother in need.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by djunior(m): 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2011
@oyewoleju Plz i want to know the list of civil documents to send to NVC. Is police certificate one of it ? if yes can i get this at any police station? plz reply soon.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by bobyzamora: 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2012
Oyewolejos,
how far? men i need ur contact,i dey Cali, pls sent ur contact to my email doriwa2012@yahoo.com, thanks
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2012
Pls I want to know what my chances are in securing fiance visa?my fiance filed for me there in usa. Will my present unemployment affect my chances.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by Kentz3: 7:44am On Jun 03, 2019
DeeJay20:

Bros, i know that its not easy and we did not choose where we
were born, however we have to address this issue of every-body
wanting to travell out.

The question we should be asking is what do the Indians see in Nigeria
that we do not see? And remember that the indians that are coming
into the country know the National & International dimension of
the vaue of doing business in Nigeria.
are Indians coming here empty handed ? The y come here with huge amount of money to invest,and we go to USA empty handed and return loaded ..please think before talking .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dana Air Commences Flights To Kaduna…promises On-time Performance / COVID-19: Nigeria Bars Travellers From Brazil, S’Africa, Turkey / FRANCE Visa Application; What You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.