Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha (33123 Views)

Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police / Senator Okorocha Arrested For Unsealing Seized Hotel (video) / Governor Wike Welcomes Senator Okorocha To Brick House In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by AcuraZDX: 8:48am On Jul 18, 2019
Former Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha seems to be serving it in the red chamber ever since he emerged a Senator.

During yesterday's plenary, the ex-governor fired his distinguished colleagues why everybody is talking about payment of salaries, roads and neglecting the standard of education in the country, even the kind of graduates our institutions produce.

In the video making rounds online, web users seem to be liking the new Rochas who have now graduated to a Senator.

Watch the video

Source:
https://zenithnaija.com/nigeria-will-soon-produce-graduates-who-cant-speak-english-senator-okorocha/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by AcuraZDX: 8:48am On Jul 18, 2019
tongue

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Sunmolar(m): 8:53am On Jul 18, 2019
How many productive Chinese can speak English? Yet they make footprints worldwide.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by oz4real83(m): 8:55am On Jul 18, 2019
I taught ss2 and ss3 in a public school in ayetoro,yewa North,Ogun state in my nysc days. I can attest to the fact that though my ss3 students were about writing waec/neco exams,more than 80 percent of them could neither speak nor write in English language even though they "copy notes". I have always wondered if it is the same waec,neco and jamb that every part of the country is writing!!!

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Jayslicky: 9:00am On Jul 18, 2019
We should start with our president as an example, his inability to communicate fluently in English is a big barrier for Nigeria as a nation. The politicians have a big fault in this poor education system we have in the country, they send their kids abroad and leave the one in their country uncatered for, ASUU keeps going on strike and students time for learning in class reduces. It is just a pitiable state for a country that has gained independence for almost 60years.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by CID11: 9:00am On Jul 18, 2019
I knew this man was going there to disgrace us. From ministry of happiness to this. Please if Owelle has nothing to say he should just warm the bench

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 18, 2019
Latest information reaching me is that we are already producing such graduates. Double wahala for dead body and the owner.

Check my Sig.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by LordKO(m): 9:24am On Jul 18, 2019
That'll be innocuous, provided that they've cognitive ability. Cognition breeds competence - competence over articulacy any day and anytime. I don't mean to encourage inarticulacy in any way though.

It takes one who's competent, not articulate, in his/her chosen area of trade/expertise to produce effective (real) result. This should be the right time to encourage people to stop glossing their ignorance with articulateness and focus on being competent, especially when left with an option to choose one from the two elements.

As all dese articulators and orators wey abound for our country so far never make am betta, so we no need more of dem, unless dem go acquire de two elements together.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by PEDRO117: 9:42am On Jul 18, 2019
Jayslicky:
We should start with our president as an example, his inability to communicate fluently in English is a big barrier for Nigeria as a nation. The politicians have a big fault in this poor education system we have in the country, they send their kids abroad and leave the one in their country uncatered for, ASUU keeps going on strike and students time for learning in class reduces. It is just a pitiable state for a country that has gained independence for almost 60years.

Which President
Do you even know what English is??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by SARM3090(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2019
Till when?
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by respect80(m): 10:30am On Jul 18, 2019
I would advise him to stop living in the past because we already have such graduates since the time I can't even remember.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by donphilopus: 10:31am On Jul 18, 2019
CID11:
I knew this man was going there to disgrace us. From ministry of happiness to this. Please if Owelle has nothing to say he should just warm the bench

What's this one saying? That he lied? There was a time some ESUT graduates were deployed to serve in bakeries when they couldn't teach even the nursery school pupils.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by respect80(m): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2019
Sunmolar:
How many productive Chinese can speak English? Yet they make footprints worldwide.
You are trying to be correct, but you are wrong because you are hitting the wrong spot.
Oya, look at it from this perspective.

Apart from the fact that Nigeria as a country rely on the West for her civilization, have you asked which language the graduate was taught to become a graduate in the first place?

Even the China you talk about has a well large population of English speakers.

So tell me why any graduate who was supposedly taught in English from nursery, primary, secondary and to tertiary institution should not be able to speak English?
Why

52 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by loosecanon50(m): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2019
Make huna dey use our mother tongue dey teach students for school na, English na huna papa language? Those wen sabi speak English huna don give dem work? Mumu man wen dey drag for say make INEC release him certificate only to go dey sleep for senate angry angry I hate nonsense!! angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by ArmaniUhuru: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2019
English died a long time ago in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Epique: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2019
Too late, Okoro. We’ve started producing some already.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by CeeJay9ja(m): 11:39am On Jul 18, 2019
Na today? It has tey awa graduates cannor speak simple English na

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by omocalabar(m): 11:39am On Jul 18, 2019
Is that why while u were Governor, went around telling lies to the media that u were paying corp members 15000naira as allowance?
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by joseph1832(m): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2019
What! Nigeria is already producing graduates who can't speak English. A visit to the north and you'll get first hand evidence

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by HolyClement001(m): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2019
t
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by gobuchinny: 11:40am On Jul 18, 2019
Sunmolar:

Pls gain understanding. What is our official language sir? And what is theirs

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Dolorsa: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2019
Who English epp...Do you sabi know how to speak English?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by anyimontana(m): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2019
Who English EPP?..as far as they can calculate money..

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by aguiyi2: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2019
They will definitely know how to speak your type of English *iberiberism*.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by MakeItBiz: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2019
It is already happening.
Our education system has taken a nosedive.
No wonder most of our graduates are unemployable.

Terribly sad.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by tardell007(m): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2019
r
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by Olarewaju89: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2019
We have them already, go to the north they full there. Including their president undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha by VillagePipu: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2019
oz4real83:
I taught ss2 and ss3 in a public school in ayetoro,yewa North,Ogun state in my nysc days. I can attest to the fact that though my ss3 students were about writing waec/neco exams,more than 80 percent of them could neither speak nor write in English language even though they "copy notes". I have always wondered if it is the same waec,neco and jamb that every part of the country is writing!!!

That one is small.

In Kings college, they conducted aptitude tests for Youth Corpers posted to teach there. Many of the Corpers posted there couldn't string two sentences of correct English together.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omojuwa Turns Wailer Blasts Buhari / 2015: Goodluck Jonathan Will Win, In Whatever Way – Asari Dokubo / PDP Replaces Kwankwaso's In Law With Takai As Party Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.