Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) (8165 Views)

Ex-President Obasanjo Prostrates For Olota Of Ota / Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) / See This Man's EYES as Obasanjo Reaches Out To Shake Buhari (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by alexvatt(m): 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
YorubaHero12:

That is the culture bro. We are trying to keep the culture alive because culture is a living thing.

Even in England, the queen is respected, does that make that archaic?

You should be proud of your culture because no culture is superior, trying to question the motive behind prostrating to the king won’t affect anything, it’s just what it is.
Barbaric culture can be abolished. Cultures have been holding us down in Africa. The reason we are not advancing as a continent.
Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by YorubaHero12: 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
alexvatt:
Barbaric culture can be abolished. Cultures have been holding us down in Africa. The reason we are not advancing as a continent.

What is barbaric in the culture? Do you even know the meaning of barbaric.

Quick one, tell me a country in the world that doe not have a culture.

Even in China that is developing at a fast pace, culture is still evident in all ways of life.

Below is Obama bowing to the emperor of Japan, he might be American but he respects the culture of other countries.

1 Like

Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by Tomide007: 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
alexvatt:
How has prostrating been holding down in Africa.... Please lecture me.
Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Shut up Osu brethren. You ain’t a Yoruba and it’s evident you are part of the online urchins recruited by your Osu paymasters to propagate your hate campaigns and most of you resort to using Yoruba names to justify your statements.

Your text betrayed you and it’s clearly evident that you are from the erosion ravaged region.

Cry me a river bro. Cry till tomorrow if you wish grin

I am not gonna feel compelled or pressured to prove I am Yoruba... As if being Yoruba will give you Paradise hehehe grin

So you can choose to believe whatever you want to... It does not change the country's economy grin and those things that matter to the world such as things that improve the economy is what I am after.

Cry me a river bro and I will have water in abundance. I will be rich in water grin
Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by imam07: 7:01pm On Jul 18, 2019
Zenithsblog:
Here is a video showing the moment former President Olusegun Obasanjo was seen prostrating for the new Agura of Gbagura, Oba Saburee Babajide Bakre, with his white Agbada.

Watch the video
https://zenithnaija.com/obasanjo-prostrates-flat-for-the-new-oba-gbagura-with-his-white-agbada/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44
Saraki can't do this to Emir of Ilorin before he lost his election.
Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by MoneyMan5: 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2019
SpecialAdviser:

I do not prostrate bro. Go through my comment again.

This were people in Thailand prostrating for their king

Be proud of your culture

Don't give attention to those trolls

Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by YorubaHero12: 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
alexvatt:
U are a fool, are u comparing urself with Japan, UK. Don't u know the reason u are backward in Africa is ur mindsets. What I mean is cultures need to be amended for u to go far in life. I didn't say there is no culture.

You are the biggest fool here, what yardstick are you using to judge the culture as archaic?

What are your arguments that support that the culture is barbaric?

How do you benchmark cultures to know which is barbaric or noble?

You are really demented to even call me a fool when I was just engaging in a logical argument with you.

Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by MoneyMan5: 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2019
alexvatt:
I'm a Yoruba man, that nonsense should be removed from our culture. Prostrating for a King is absolutely nonsense. They don't deserve such respect. Imagine Chief Olusegun Obasanjo prostrating for Alaafin Oyo in present of his numerous young wifes. It is absolutely nonsense. What problems have Kings solve in Yoruba race than marrying wifes with tax payers money.

People In far away Thailand still respect their kings and prostrate

People all over the world still practice some important and core aspect of their culture and prostration is one of the core aspects of Yoruba culture

Prostration would never stop the development of south west and it is not only Kings and Chiefs Yoruba prostrate for

Be proud of your culture, because it is part of who you are and your History

1 Like

Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by MoneyMan5: 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2019
YorubaHero12:

You are the biggest fool here, what yardstick are you using to judge the culture as archaic?

What are your arguments that support that the culture is barbaric?

How do you benchmark cultures to know which is barbaric or noble?

You are really demented to even call me a fool when I was just engaging in a logical argument with you.

Rubbish!

I suspect that Guy is not Yoruba

He sound like one of the Nyamiri
Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by YorubaHero12: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
MoneyMan5:

I suspect that Guy is not Yoruba

He sound like one of the Nyamiri

I just figured it out now that he’s really from the erosion ravaged region, I won’t engage him like a Yoruba again, coz it’s sure he’s an OSU troll
Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by MoneyMan5: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
alexvatt:

Prostration is not a Barbaric culture

People in far away Thailand still prostrate for their king

I know there are some Barbaric cultures but prostration is not one of them

Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by MoneyMan5: 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

Cry me a river bro. Cry till tomorrow if you wish grin

I am not gonna feel compelled or pressured to prove I am Yoruba... As if being Yoruba will give you Paradise hehehe grin

So you can choose to believe whatever you want to... It does not change the country's economy grin and those things that matter to the world such as things that improve the economy is what I am after.

Cry me a river bro and I will have water in abundance. I will be rich in water grin

You are not Yoruba, You can only deceive Yourself

There are bad people in every society even in USA that is the most developed country in the World talk less of a Country like Nigeria with so many issues

There will always be bad and good people in every society on earth

You just focus on the negative and neglect the positive

Because there are some bad people in Yoruba Land doesn't mean you should condemn every one and condemn an entire tribe

For the fact that you get all angry and started rambling just over that simple statement prove you are not Yoruba
Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
MoneyMan5:

You are not Yoruba, You can only deceive Yourself

There are bad people in every society even in USA that is the most developed country in the World talk less of a Country like Nigeria with so many issues

There will always be bad and good people in every society on earth

You just focus on the negative and neglect the positive

Because there are some bad people in Yoruba Land doesn't mean you should condemn every one and condemn an entire tribe

For the fact that you get all angry and started rambling just over that simple statement prove you are not Yoruba

Wow! My cups are full grin My bowls are full... That is amazing. Thanks so much for all the tears that caused me to be this rich in water.

But hey! You know I said I want a river. Could you just be kind enough to perpetuate your cries so I can have the river I so desire embarassed

Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 18, 2019
YorubaHero12:

You should have shut up before disgracing yourself on a public forum Osu born.

Wow! Incredible!

The water/tears now coming quicker... Look at the way I being showered. I hope I do not catch a cold.

Please continue.. continue...I want more. You can do more. I want a river, a fucking river!

I want to be rich in water. I want to be known on forbes as the richest in water

Come on u can help me acheive my dreams.

Just cry me a whole river and I will be rich grin
Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by rhemmiedream(m): 12:30am On Jul 19, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

Your people/culture prostrates before a fellow human to show respect and that qualifies you as people having respect.

You prostrate yet you guys are the most disunited amongst the three tribes.

You prostrate, yet you make mischief in the land, worship gods, practise festivals and rituals that causes harm to people, poses threat to public peace and constitute public menace.

You prostrate yet many of you are fetish people; friends dealing with each other with charms, same between families, same between husband and wife e.t.c.

You prostrate yet you people are the best in gossipping and 'eye service'. Many of you never love each other truly, jealousy is rampant, people trying to bring other people down so they would not excel beyond them.

you prostrate yet many of you are corrupt, ill-mannered and saucy. Show respect in prostration but lack respect in many other areas

Your method of respect is not worthy of envy or admiration. The fact that you prostrate does not mean you have respect. That is just a WAY of showing respect. It is not the DEFINITION of respect. That is just your culture. So do not feel good about that, thinkinh you have something so enviable that others do not have.

Nonsense and your hypocritical prostration angry
The foolish mod that deleted OsuEbonyi's response to this moro.n , May Shonpono destroy you and your family.
The useless mod deleted OsuEbonyi's response and left the hateful comment of this oaf.

Seun...see your mods taking sides.
The mod that banned OsuEbonyi, no rotten akpu for you to eat again .You 'll starve to death.
Chai...Them don ban OsuEbonyi. I will really miss him.

IPod are using Nairaland for propaganda against Yorubas. And when we respond, their mods ban us.

They removed OsuEbonyi's response and subsequently banned him while they left the aggressor's comment.
Cc: MayorofLagos, YorubaHero12
This injustice must not stand

1 Like

Re: See Reactions As Obasanjo Prostrates For An Oba With His White Agbada (Pix) by YorubaHero12: 12:50am On Jul 19, 2019
rhemmiedream:

The foolish mod that deleted OsuEbonyi's response to this moro.n , May Shonpono destroy you and your family.
The useless mod deleted OsuEbonyi's response and left the hateful comment of this oaf.

Seun...see your mods taking sides.
The mod that banned OsuEbonyi, no rotten akpu for you to eat again .You 'll starve to death.
Chai...Them don ban OsuEbonyi. I will really miss him.

IPod are using Nairaland for propaganda against Yorubas. And when we respond, their mods ban us.

They removed OsuEbonyi's response and subsequently banned him while they left the aggressor's comment.
Cc: MayorofLagos, YorubaHero12
This injustice must not stand
I’ve noticed there is a biased mod that just ban at will. I’ve been banned like 2 to 3 times just for airing my views against those hateful souls from the sad east.

Well we won’t stop giving them a counter attack in as much as they choose to tarnish the mighty Yoruba image.

Peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet / mODIFIED / Fashola And Tinubu Proven To Be The Most Corrupt Leaders In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.