Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education (21384 Views)

Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano / COVID-19: Northern Governors Insist On Banning Almajiri System / No Immediate Plan To Ban Almajiri System — Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Amarachi1990: 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
The House of Representatives at the plenary on Thursday unanimously rejected the prayer of a motion seeking to make the Federal Ministry of Education integrate the Almajiri education system into the Universal Basic Education programme.

The motion, which had 10 prayers, was entitled, ‘Need to Eradicate Child Destitution and Remove Beggars from Nigerian Streets through Provision of Standardised Education System and Improved Livelihood.’

It was sponsored by Mansur Soro, Ibrahim Umar, Saidu Abdullahi and Shehu Beji.

Though the motion was adopted, only nine of the prayers were granted. The exception was the second one that the House should “urge the Federal Ministry of Education to integrate the Almajiri education system into the Universal Basic Education programme.”

Other prayers granted by the lawmakers include to, “Declare child destitution and begging a national emergency and call on governments at all levels to ensure that children are provided with opportunities to access basic education as guaranteed by the United Nations Convention.

“Urge the affected states to comply with extant laws on basic education, especially the UBEC Act, by ensuring that all children between the ages of six and 16 are given free and compulsory education.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/reps-block-move-to-include-almajiri-system-in-basic-education/amp/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by ashantitope: 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
T

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by mknigeriagreat: 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
Good.... they cant keep taking us backward.

Fresh just arrived Peugeot 407 Coupe for the big boys. I need say less on this check my signature for it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by nkwuocha: 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hmmm grin cheesy grin
This National Northern Assemby sef. grin
Aboki don make rubber plates a lucrative business in the north.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by noble71(m): 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
shocked

1 Like

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by driand(m): 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
grin grin grin

just when we thought we seen/heard it all...

Northerners and backwardness are inseparable

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Greenarrow01(m): 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
What the reps should move is for almajiri to be declared a criminal offence...
On no account should a father send his son to almajiri sch without provision for food, shelter and healthcare, ... Doing otherwise will amount to a criminal offence to both the parent and the mallam.
On Saturday I will be feeding hundred of these almajiris in the small village of dutsen wai...for my birthday
Planned buying toothbrush and soap for them...but I am dead broke..so I will stick to just feeding.
It pains me when I see kids below the age of 10 having to struggle to live.. Learning to fend for them, hurstle at a tender age when their mate are in sch.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by ayusco85(m): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Who did we offend self? Such backward mentality

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by MrWTF(m): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
To the World Reading this.

Nigeria is a non_ Muslim dominated country. We are just being ruled by some illiterate illegal immigrant.

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Japsylee: 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Chai fulani republic!!!!! These guy's are some thing else !!!!

10 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by sureboykris(m): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
what kind of country is this? Almajiri as basic education? Fvckery reloaded

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by ifymadu: 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Them for kuku take over the entire country, dangerous parasites...

14 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Fulanization

Agenda

Buhari is so hard grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by fakuta(f): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
From bad to worst

2 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Prosperchuks1344(m): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Nawa
Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by dante0147: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
I pity Nigeria under Buhari!

4 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Ladygenny: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
Odi egwu

1 Like

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by countryfive: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
sad
Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Robbin7(m): 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
I don’t even know what that means

4 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by splendid2: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
Please how does almajiri system of education work
What's the difference between normal education and almajiri

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by qanda: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Optional09: 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
Trust me Buhari and his Fulani team are up to no good for this country

17 Likes

Re: Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education by Rhaspody(m): 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
They want to include almajiri in our educational system. Nice nice. Our government is confused.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Condemns South-East Sit-At-Home, Asks FG To Extradite Simon Ekpa / Delta Nominates Dead Man For Assembly’s Screening / Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.