Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings (8134 Views)

Abia State Protest; Security Operatives Take Over Aba Roads - Photos / Refuse Take Over Aba / Breaking news: Army Have Taken Over Aba! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by Moralistli(m): 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2010
Habaaaaa! 172 gone just like dat? 1da what else my pple regard as genocide. How many is left in naija now?
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by AjanleKoko: 8:05pm On Oct 14, 2010
Man shocked

Guaranteed, there won't be any more kidnapping in Aba after this. Most likely there won't be any residents left either. undecided
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 14, 2010
Outstrip:

A lot of the dead are likely innocent. May all the innocent souls rest in peace
You don't know that!!! However actions do have consequences. Too many Aba residents have turned a blind eye to the activities of the kidnappers and so they are now reaping the violent tornado. lipsrsealed
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by COOLDK(m): 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2010
Beware! D world is gradually coming to an end. I'm sure, innocent soul is within.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by mrofficial(m): 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2010
Don't mind the people saying pay back time.

If you were living in aba and you were not a kidnapper, all of sudden, the JTF comes in and shoot you and your people. You would be reading this in the grave.

172 linked with kidnapping?? Did they go to their camp?
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by mystikal(m): 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2010
172?? That is quite a number of human beings.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by slap1(m): 9:16pm On Oct 14, 2010
Anybody caught in the line of fire was either a criminal or a deaf-mute because the camps are isolated.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2010
slap1:

Anybody caught in the line of fire was either a criminal or a deaf-mute because the camps are isolated.
You de mind all these ignorant posters wey jus de yarn opaks?
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by Olumogun: 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2010
172 people??

Why is it that nothing true can ever comes out of the NIGERIAN POLICE?

How can they killed 172 in Aba, and by now no one is hearing any noise?
Abeg, police should  tell us how many people here actually affected.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2010
Olumogun:

172 people??
Why is it that nothing true can ever comes out of the police?
How can they killed 172 in Aba, and by now no one is hearing any noise?
Abeg, police should tell us how many where actually affected.
What are you on about? angry angry In the first place it was a JTF operation not a police operation and their camps were in the outskirts of Aba not the city centre.
And what is so shocking about the 172 people killed. Do you know how entrenched and well equipped the kidnappers are.
It was never going to be a walkover for the JTF in  the sense kidnappers would just surrender without putting up a most determined resistance.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 14, 2010
They should kill all of them .them dey mad ?
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by CGKing(m): 10:33pm On Oct 14, 2010
Still dont get it. Why would kidnappers engage JTF instead of running for their lives? They arent militants so we know they are not equipped enough for combat.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by OgidiBoy(m): 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2010
Is there anyone in the Aba area to tell us what the situation is really like down there, most of the post on this thread are just irrelevant.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by ogmyth: 10:45pm On Oct 14, 2010
LouisThoru:

Wait before Nairaland members condemn it saying innocent people were killed.

When kidnappers kill innocent citizens, no problem, but when news goes out that the task force kills kidnappers, they say the other way round.

What a people.

LOL.

Now they have all turned into analysts and SSS personnel, where were you all before the deployment of the soldiers.

Abeg Please use your brain before you talk, how can you tell me that 172 people killed are kidnappers, the problem is that people who have never set foot in Aba will be talking what they do not know. This soldiers should be cautioned before it backfires
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by efoghorjos: 10:50pm On Oct 14, 2010
uhm, na wa o! We keep our hands crossed sha. We dey hear wetin una dey talk. As dem don make us no fit separate kidnappers from political thugs; any way sha, God go judge one day.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by violent(m): 1:53am On Oct 15, 2010
A soldier, a Judge and the executioner----all in one!----pathetic!

In as much as i condemn the recent shocking waves and kidnapping cases which had been the bane of Abia for a while, killing 172 people without any form of trial is not justifiable.

What baffles me most is that my countrymen would rather close an eye to what they perceive an acceptable evil to fix another evil, no one seem to be asking questions,

why kill 172 civilians?. . .

How do we know more than half of them aren't innocent?. . .

what right does a soldier have to take away a Nigerian's right to live based on mere feeling of who's guilty and who's not?

why do we have the courts?
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by EzeUche0(m): 4:29am On Oct 15, 2010
This is quite a high numbers. I do not know if I should be cheering, because these were Igbo lives lost.

However, these kidnappers brought it on themselves.

But we need to get at the source of this problem. Lack of jobs for the youth.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by slap1(m): 4:34am On Oct 15, 2010
Another thing is the number could be inflated. Given the fact that those guys where clearly on the defensive, I don't see why the dead should be that much. Apparently the gesture was extended to some marijuana merchants and smokers, they abound there.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by tunde121oke: 6:38am On Oct 15, 2010
great
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by ElPhenomenal(m): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2010
Make dem dey reduce our population small small,we 2 much
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by Johnsmartinyang(m): 8:41am On Oct 15, 2010
My people theres a village arnd Aba which is known for manufacturing firearms,my kid sister and her child was robbed there somtime ago wen their commercial bus from Uyo diverted into dis town because of a bad portion of the Ikot ekpene \Aba rd,she said d boys were like skool leavers but were all armed to the teeth wth locally made pistols & riffles.JTF should run such villages down,dnt they hv intelligence unit?, im told they hv always been knwn to b notorious there,even police i heard dont ever venture to go there for patrol or arrest,wat manner of place is dis Abia?im disturbed.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by abenelo: 8:44am On Oct 15, 2010
As far as I know the JTF are Godsent. 172 people, yes it is possible but it is an acceptable loss, if you live in Aba in the last two years, you will agree with me. Its possible that the kidnapping ring that held Aba to ransom included up to 1000 persons, it was a well organised ring. From phone call centre operators to the keke riders then to the the militia were all enganged in this crime. All working together, at times put the victim under survillence until they are whisked away. There were some many smaller camps too operating on their own, even some students decided to join the elicit business.

As at today Aba is relatively calm, the banks have opened, so have the markets. Hold up have started resurfacing but the public confidence is yet to return fully, that will come with time.JTF are still rounding more people connected to the kidnapping with information provided by the captured kidnappers.

The failed Governor in a desperate move to redeem his battered and shattered imagine annouced he will be relocating to Aba to show that Aba is save. Why didnt he do that 2 weeks ago, desperate politician, let him come and face the gullies we called road in Aba  and filth that smells to high heavens
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by tkb417(m): 8:54am On Oct 15, 2010
violent:

A soldier, a Judge and the executioner----all in one!----pathetic!

In as much as i condemn the recent shocking waves and kidnapping cases which had been the bane of Abia for a while, killing 172 people without any form of trial is not justifiable.

What baffles me most is that my countrymen would rather close an eye to what they perceive an acceptable evil to fix another evil, no one seem to be asking questions,

why kill 172 civilians?. . .

How do we know more than half of them aren't innocent?. . .

what right does a soldier have to take away a Nigerian's right to live based on mere feeling of who's guilty and who's not?

why do we have the courts?

why kill people who engaged Police in a shoot out?

haba, do u want them to kidnap the JTF too?

those arrested with guns and anythin linked with the kidnapping biz shd be hanged too

abi u want dem to kidnap me when i travel to Aba b4 u know they deserve to die?
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by Odunnu: 9:09am On Oct 15, 2010
Moralistli:

Habaaaaa! 172 gone just like dat? 1da what else my pple regard as genocide. How many is left in naija now?
They didnt open fire in the city the JTF went to the village/camps. If 172 were killed in the camp,then that 172 were kidnappers,they arent fit to live
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by ud4u: 10:33am On Oct 15, 2010
Kills 172? I doubt this
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by violent(m): 10:50am On Oct 15, 2010
tkb417:

why kill people who engaged Police in a shoot out?

haba, do u want them to kidnap the JTF too?

those arrested with guns and anythin linked with the kidnapping biz shd be hanged too

abi u want dem to kidnap me when i travel to Aba b4 u know they deserve to die?

I know, right?. . . i just couldn't bring myself to understand how kidnappers could engage JTFs in a shoot out, isn't it much easier to jump off a bridge?. . . I'm just really bothered about how the JTFs decide who and who's not guilty or was it just based on feelings?

and by the way, even if you don't travel to Aba, i've got boys on ground ready to make you disappear, to save yourself of this stress, just send 25 million naira only to the bank account i'd send to your mail.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by tkb417(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2010
violent:

I know, right?. . . i just couldn't bring myself to understand how kidnappers could engage JTFs in a shoot out, isn't it much easier to jump off a bridge?. . . I'm just really bothered about how the JTFs decide who and who's not guilty or was it just based on feelings?

and by the way, even if you don't travel to Aba, i've got boys on ground ready to make you disappear, to save yourself of this stress, just send 25 million naira only to the bank account i'd send to your mail.
hahahaha

u want to start kidnapping biz from your comfy apartment in London
come down here and kidnap me tongue tongue

25 million kini? no kobo for u mahn cheesy
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by monkeyleg: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2010
If true, the approach is wrong. In most cases innocent people are caught up in this. We all know what policing in Nigeria is like.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by samuraix1: 11:47am On Oct 15, 2010
Make it a date with Dr Christopher Kolade @ Harvest Place

Date: November 7th 2010
Time: 10am
Venue: Harvest Place. 10 Emmanuel Street. (Very close to Elomaz Hotel, former Jesu Oyinbo Street) Maryland. Lagos
Theme: You, Your career and Nation Building

For Registration Please call: 08029563137, harvestadmiral@yahoo.com
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by samuraix1: 11:59am On Oct 15, 2010
Make it a date with Dr Christopher Kolade @ Harvest Place

Date: November 7th 2010
Time: 10am
Venue: Harvest Place. 10 Emmanuel Street. (Very close to Elomaz Hotel, former Jesu Oyinbo Street) Maryland. Lagos
Theme: You, Your career and Nation Building

For Registration Please call: 017392727 , 07041006835.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by slap1(m): 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2010
^You're teaching religion and disobeying forum rules. That's right, abi?
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by zenus(m): 12:04pm On Oct 15, 2010
I pity Innocent citizen in Aba

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement / Debunking The Latest Lie: Nigeria did not earn $10bn from Raw Cocoa exports / Bukayo Saka And His Girlfriend spotted in Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.