Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:31 AM

JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings (8137 Views)

Abia State Protest; Security Operatives Take Over Aba Roads - Photos / Refuse Take Over Aba / Breaking news: Army Have Taken Over Aba! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2010
[
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by hackney(m): 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2010
If normalcy has returned to Aba why hasnt anybody posted from there to clear things up?
Did they uproot the phone masts as well as the internet cafes? ?
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by zionic(m): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2010
Kill! Kill!! Kill!!!, hope the innocent is not among the number?, bc i know JTF, they destroy every every on their paths goats n chickens inclusive, shocked
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by Rhea(f): 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2010
The civil method of arresting and prosecuting kidnappers in the court of law has been tried. But I still do not know how many (if any) have been sentenced to death since most states instituted the death penalty for kidnapping. The court is overwhelmed by cases. And it is very difficult to prosecute kidnap cases since no victim is ready to stick out his or her neck and collaborate with the POLICE (Naija Police for that matter grin) in any investigation. Granting them amnesty was more like pearls for pigs.

So the second method of shoot at sight works. That is what Nigerians fear (for their lives). That is why suicide bombing does not work here. The lives of kidnappers are not worth more than that of their victims. Shoot at sight has been working in Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra States. It should work in Abia. However I hope that the neighbouring states are tightening their security because those kidnappers usually shift base and continue their pillaging. Presently, Akwa Ibom seems to be the sink for most of them.

Most important of all is to get to the sponsors and kingpins of kidnappers. They are the ones who are fully mobilised to recruit more kidnappers once the present ones have been expended.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by soloqy: 7:12pm On Oct 15, 2010
Am sure most of the people here have never been to Aba nor know what it looks like. Some of the good people of Aba, who have run away from that place into other cities, are thanking heavens and hoping its all dealt with once and for all. But as usual, people who only talk on Nairaland will term it all sorts of things and will swiftly disregard the menace the criminals have become to innocent citizens.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by toorich: 1:05am On Oct 16, 2010
when you heard of the high rate and frequency of these crime that even warranted in shutting down businesses, schools n public places; children, young, elderly, rich, poor, strong, weak, known n unknown; being kidnapped on a daily basis, you can still say they are exaggerating figures? if you live in Aba, you won't talk silly!!!
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by ossaisly(m): 12:28pm On Oct 16, 2010
there is a popular saying that tongue when a housefly eats someone,nobody complains but when someone eats housefly,everybody shouts tongue. After they have finished dealing with the govt,govt has taken revenge. I JUST PRAY THAT NO INNOCENT CITIZENS ARE INVOLVED. cry
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by supereagle(m): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2010
I have people who live in Aba, they ran away , but have returned now. things are better now.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by Enquirer: 4:40am On Oct 18, 2010
My God! 172 killed. That's quite a high casualty figure for an internal security operation that is less than a couple of weeks old. Such a record of what will turn out to be mostly innocent civilian deaths will raise dusts in other climes but not in Nigeria where human beings are actually animals. In as much as I long for this menace to be rooted out, I strongly condemn the reckless shooting of unarmed villages based on mere suspicion of being kidnappers. They can be arrested and given a fair trial. A lopsided show of force will not suffice for justice in this matter.
Re: JTF Kills 172 And Arrest 237 Over Aba Kidnappings by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2010
[

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OBJ, IBB, Decry Insecurity In Nigeria / Where Is Cramjones? / Atiku To Hold Mega Rally In Adamawa Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.