Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:25 AM

Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich (28365 Views)

I’ll Close IDP Camps, Return Victims To Their Communities If Elected – Tinubu / Traditional Wedding Of Deola Smart And Malivelihood (Photos, Video) / Why Are Nigerians So Smart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by alphaNomega: 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
lilwetdick:
i love this

if nigerians are so wise, so clever and so rich, what again they love to claim, the most educated of most immigrant in the US, why arent they fixing up their wretched nation, it shows all those traits are in theory not in reality

show me one nigeria abroad that have come to developed nigeria with their so called skills and i will show you many of them whose main job is to complain and also loot the treasury when they arrive nigeria

The truth is this, many have come and tried but the general "drag-him-drown" way of thinking is what ensures such good intentions never see the light of day!

Start mixing cement and moulding blocks to build a house and look at the number of "vultures" that come at you because they want to extort you. HE HAS MONEY!

1 Like

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by alphaNomega: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
lilwetdick:

pls stop saying nonesense, the islamic world is more developed than your country, saudi-arabia, UAE, omar, kuwait, even iran all islamic country are more developed than even the christian part of nigeria

This one is not religion issue bros, the way black people handle anything be it Islam, Christianity, Education, Finance will make you question if it is the same thing other races are doing. Have you rolled with Muslims from Dubai? Forget it bros.

There is a problem with black people.

2 Likes

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
alphaNomega:

The truth is this, many have come and tried but the general "drag-him-drown" way of thinking is what ensures such good intentions never see the light of day!

Start mixing cement and moulding blocks to build a house and look at the number of "vultures" that come at you because they want to extort you. HE HAS MONEY!

drag him down thinking is not only in nigeria, it is everywhere, i believe it up to the man to do his job even in the mist of drag me down, dont be sway by society.
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by alphaNomega: 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
lilwetdick:

you re just a complainer, you are the typical nigerian, that love to show problems but no single solution to the problem, the reality is that even if they put you as a community head for 3 months, nothing will happen. start changing your community instead of complaining

Identifying a problem is part of the solution.
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
alphaNomega:

This one is not religion issue bros, the way black people handle anything be it Islam, Christianity, Education, Finance will make you question if it is the same thing other races are doing. Have you rolled with Muslims from Dubai? Forget it bros.

There is a problem with black people.

i believe the arab are more brainwashed than black people, the truth is that we only just started building society, those guys have been building since ages, they have more experience than us when it come to having a society, in 1780s they had big strucutres, mosques and trading ships, in 1780s in africa, wew were still in the stone age, using spear and living in huts.

1 Like

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
alphaNomega:

Identifying a problem is part of the solution.

identifying problems and finding solutions are 2 different stuffs

sure we black people have some re educationing to do but not in the way the man has pointed out
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by alphaNomega: 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
larot78:
Your frequent mentioning of the word Black is not comfortable to me ..we are Africans no Black.. Thanks.

You are Africans because the white man called your continent Africa! Then again they named the colours cry that's how bad it goes. I prefer using colour for this discussion

1 Like

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by googi: 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
Sir, with all respect, you do not know your history. Africans are builders, others are destroyers.

lilwetdick:

i believe the arab are more brainwashed than black people, the truth is that we only just started building society, those guys have been building since ages, they have more experience than us when it come to having a society, in 1780s they had big strucutres, mosques and trading ships, in 1780s in africa, wew were still in the stone age, using spear and living in huts.
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by alphaNomega: 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
lilwetdick:

since he has seen a private school that appreciate his skills, kudos to that school, my believe is that if government are failing, it is the job of private sector to take up the role where government has failed.

as you wrote about private schools preparing their children straight for western nations, that is so pathetic to hear, many even have western curricullum especially the big and expensive private schools, so how do they solve local problems, i wonder, even the private universities are not left out, another stuff we need to take seriously is most western nations developed from the research and skills of universities students and professors, here in Nigeria we lack that, nothing of valuable is being brought out by our so called universities, no theory, no new way of thinking, no improvement, nothing new. another problem we lack here in our universities is lack of confidence by researchers and professors, even if you are laughed out that you found hiv and aids cure, nothing stopping you from experimenting and proving them wrong instead of killing the project, anyway, what can i write again, it is up for our generation to change and add value to nigeria or our children and future children will suffer worst than us.

cry
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
lilwetdick:

you re just a complainer, you are the typical nigerian, that love to show problems but no single solution to the problem, the reality is that even if they put you as a community head for 3 months, nothing will happen. start changing your community instead of complaining

Stop it!! How will he change his community when people like you keep on frustrating him? Nigeria need a good spanking and harsh Discipline sometimes. My dad built speed bumps to slow down vehicle speed at a narrow road (where I live), how did the community pay him back? Hatred, witchcraft, stealing things from us (jumping the fence where I live). In his work place, he (an Elect Engr) stopped a racket of paying ourtagoeus sums of money for the same equipment (equipment will be stolen and stocked in private hands just to be bought again on government memo) and he was nearly assassinated he was later conspired against and forcefully retired after spending less than 20 years in the govt service, this was someone that saved the government lots of money this could have been sunk into expatriates with his technical prowess, he was almost killed by the community chiefs just because he was against selling the community land for peanuts towards an airport project (he was advocating for a vocational center so that the local youths can gain entry to low skilled roles in the airport). Nigeria hates Good! All they care about is selfish instant gratification!
My dad used to work in Israel before he came to Nigeria and I know the difference was clear.
My dad is doing very well albeit retired, but I know my dad wasn't just made for this environment. See Environment can shatter even your best intentions. Deal with It! What about lecturers that truncate the dreams of young ones over inability to satisfy their greed and lusts? How many independent researches have the constituted authorities sponsored? Except maybe the multinationals. The Nigerians doing great stuff abroad, do you think k they didn't approach the govt agencies?

What about Bash Ali that has been clamouring for the participation of the Sports ministry for a boxing fight in Nigeria against an international opponent (hosting a boxing fight generates lots of revenue in the local economy of the region hosting it) since obasanjo's era? He revealed in a discourse that a high ranking official at the ministry asked for a bribe running into millions of dollars. How would he get such money and besides is it even right? Something that will benefit everybody o!

In Nigeria to succeed in doing good, you need spiritual fortification else you are toast.

By the way I'm not a complainer, I just choose to work on myself for value addition, but I will not waste my time on a society that does not recognize the value of my offering. Thank God for some sane individuals we have in Nigeria, too bad they never get to seats of power.

6 Likes

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
googi:
Sir, with all respect, you do not know your history. Africans are builders, others are destroyers.

mr i know my history, pls tell me what we have built, i eeven have videos of 1900s africa, check them on youtube then compare it with 1900s new york,germany, china or japan and tell me who are builders, one was pure plain land with huts and pastorial living and another was lands with tall buidings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlBinV6pFM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soUkkQ4lIek

2 Likes

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
soul95:

Stop it!! How will he change his community when people like you keep on frustrating him? Nigeria need a good spanking and harsh Discipline sometimes. My dad built speed bumps to slow down vehicle speed at a narrow road (where I live), how did the community pay him back? Hatred, witchcraft, stealing things from us (jumping the fence where I live). In his work place, he (an Elect Engr) stopped a racket of paying ourtagoeus sums of money for the same equipment (equipment will be stolen and stocked in private hands just to be bought again on government memo) and he was nearly assassinated he was later conspired against and forcefully retired after spending less than 20 years in the govt service, this was someone that saved the government lots of money this could have been sunk into expatriates with his technical prowess, he was almost killed by the community chiefs just because he was against selling the community land for peanuts towards an airport project (he was advocating for a vocational center so that the local youths can gain entry to low skilled roles in the airport). Nigeria hates Good! All they care about is selfish instant gratification!
My dad used to work in Israel before he came to Nigeria and I know the difference was clear.
My dad is doing very well albeit retired, but I know my dad wasn't just made for this environment. See Environment can shatter even your best intentions. Deal with It! What about lecturers that truncate the dreams of young ones over inability to satisfy their greed and lusts? How many independent researches have the constituted authorities sponsored? Except maybe the multinationals. The Nigerians doing great stuff abroad, do you think k they didn't approach the govt agencies?

What about Bash Ali that has been clamouring for the participation of the Sports ministry for a boxing fight in Nigeria against an international opponent (hosting a boxing fight generates lots of revenue in the local economy of the region hosting it) since obasanjo's era? He revealed in a discourse that a high ranking official at the ministry asked for a bribe running into millions of dollars. How would he get such money and besides is it even right? Something that will benefit everybody o!

In Nigeria to succeed in doing good, you need spiritual fortification else you are toast.

By the way I'm not a complainer, I just choose to work on myself for value addition, but I will not waste my time on a society that does not recognize the value of my offering. Thank God for some sane individuals we have in Nigeria, too bad they never get to seats of power.

another complainer on the thread, even those that built america, people frustrated them but they continued..continue complaining

any man that want to change society, will change it even in the face of backlash

wetin concern bash ali..bash ali has nothing to do with development, if i was an investor that is looking to make profit, i wont even invest in bash ali.
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by alphaNomega: 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
lilwetdick:

another complainer on the thread, even those that built america, people frustrated them but they continued..continue complaining

any man that want to change society, will change it even in the face of backlash

wetin concern bash ali..bash ali has nothing to do with development, if i was an investor that is looking to make profit, i wont even invest in bash ali.

Bad people tell themselves the same thing when doing the wrong things. When facing backlash, wisdom is more important if you want to survive the long game.

2 Likes

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
lilwetdick:

Mr! Do not give me that label! I'm no complainer. I stand for excellence. But I would not have my talents wasted on people who have no value for them. You can keep on forming sanctimonious and label other people complainers, but when you see them excelling in saner climes and not caring much about your terrible collective attitudes, then you would know that angels don't live in hell.
Don't sit up and be decent, be waiting for miracles.
At least in my post that you quoted, I showed you what my dad has done, you elder what have you done?

3 Likes

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
alphaNomega:

Bad people tell themselves the same thing when doing the wrong things. When facing backlash, wisdom is more important if you want to survive the long game.

good and bad people tell themselves the same thing, true, anybody that wanna build has to build no matter the trials and tribulation, take a clue from jesus or paul they both were despised but continue their mission

1 Like

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
soul95:

Mr! Do not give me that label! I'm no complainer. I stand for excellence. But I would not have my talents wasted on people who have no value for them. You can keep on forming sanctimonious and label other people complainers, but when you see them excelling in saner climes and not caring much about your terrible collective attitudes, then you would know that angels don't live in hell.
Don't sit up and be decent, be waiting for miracles.
At least in my post that you quoted, I showed you what my dad has done, you elder what have you done?

the truth is that you might call it excellence or excelling but the people there might call it failure

most of the recognized people in africa have been those who lived in africa.

you have showed me what your dad have done but what have you done, you are the future, you dad will leave and you will remain, what have you done for your unborn children
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by RTSC: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
uuzba:

We had technical schools in the past
We used to have practical science and technology education.
We used to have manufacturing plants..
We even used to have Nitel, landlines
-
But these things broke down
Government did not support/pay salaries of people in these practical trades.
For whatever reason, we allowed imports from China. Cheap nproducts, competing with our made in Nigeria. .
So everyone just import gadget thinking that that's is how we will catch up with Western world
I was told there was a time in Nigeria when manufacturing work outnumber the available graduates.

Companies were actively looking for workers right from the schools.
Before you finished school, they have already given you a job especially if you read any technical course.
There were overwhelming jobs and the value of the naira was very strong because we were importing very little.

People would school abroad and be hoping to come back home quickly because naira was stronger than the pounds and there was jobs.
The government in power didn't realise that the value of the naira was strong because we were importing very little naturally.
They just thought it was a natural thing that naira should be more powerful than the British pound.

And they wrecked our textiles and manufacturing industries that employed thousands and thousands of people and things never remained the same again.

1 Like

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by alphaNomega: 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
lilwetdick:

good and bad people tell themselves the same thing, true, anybody that wanna build has to build no matter the trials and tribulation, take a clue from jesus or paul they both were despised but continue their mission

A can of chilled malt for you.
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
lilwetdick:

the truth is that you might call it excellence or excelling but the people there might call it failure

most of the recognized people in africa have been those who lived in africa.

you have showed me what your dad have done but what have you done, you are the future, you dad will leave and you will remain, what have you done for your unborn children

The question should be what am I doing for my unborn children,and yes I'm labouring for them even as a young man. But I know better than putting my hopes in Nigeria, understand now? Don't create a shithole environment and expect the best minds to settle there. Do you know that major succeeding corporations pay people to act as think tanks? Contrast that to having to join a secret society or "belong" before you can get a position where you can wield better influence and do better using your competencies. I'm no complainer but ugly facts must be stated

1 Like

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by alphaNomega: 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
RTSC:

I was told there was a time in Nigeria when manufacturing work outnumber the available graduates.

Companies were actively looking for workers right from the schools.
Before you finished school, they have already given you a job especially if you read any technical course.
There were overwhelming jobs and the value of the naira was very strong because we were importing very little.

People would school abroad and be hoping to come back home quickly because naira was stronger than the pounds and there was jobs.
The government in power didn't realise that the value of the naira was strong because we were importing very little naturally.
They just thought it was a natural thing that naira should be more powerful than the British pound.

And they wrecked our textiles and manufacturing industries that employed thousands and thousands of people and things never remained the same again.

I don't know how I will forgive Babangida for devaluing our currency. Short-sighted, backward thinking bag of flesh and bones. He sold us out and is living in opulence till today. Just that he has health problems, minus that, Babangida is still living large.

1 Like

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
darkelf:

Backward thinking.

Please what's the rationale behind this?

Those SM platforms have brought JUSTICE, DEMOCRACY and they stimulate the economy of many Nations.

The black man is truly backward

You can't be serious. "stimulate the economy" through SM platforms?? Guy, you being delusional.

1 Like

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Aidejay(m): 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
uuzba:

A German overseas is very much proud of Germany back home. There is some sort of correlation.
A Nigerian overseas is confused. Does he identify with the whole Nigeria, here or with his tribe/village inside Nigeria?
Most other western countries don't have this problem
Definitely not Chinese. Chinese is Chinese.
I was in UK once. As they foreigners there can speak, Italian, Spanish, Indian, German, somebody asked me to speak "Nigerian" let them hear it
Can you see the problem? There's nothing called "Nigerian". Hence people don't know how to help this nation.
English is the official language of Nigeria constitutionally speaking
How many foreigners can boast of prime knowledge about nigerias diversity?
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by googi: 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
I do not think your redemption is near.

If you want to compare ancient history pictures of Africans with Barbarians, call on Rossiki and Anonimi.

lilwetdick:

mr i know my history, pls tell me what we have built, i eeven have videos of 1900s africa, check them on youtube then compare it with 1900s new york,germany, china or japan and tell me who are builders, one was pure plain land with huts and pastorial living and another was lands with tall buidings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlBinV6pFM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soUkkQ4lIek

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by augustab(f): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
franchasng:
When we talk, they say we are talking nonsense that black people are smarter than white people.

Until black Africans accept their weakness as a race and begin a honest process of finding solutions to their weakness, Africa will remain backward and joke of all races angry

Black Africans and all blacks must stop all the blame games black people give that it is the whiteman or western world that made them backward, then liberate yourself like the Asians.

Is it white people that are telling Buhari to remain tribalistic, myopic, and nepotistic in his leadership of Nigeria
Kip
Is it also white people or Neo-Colonialists that are telling Buhari to be silent about Fulani herdsmen his brothers destroying Nigeria's agricultural sector with their archaic cattle rearing practice and lack of respect for other Nigerians who aren't herdsmen

Is it also Neo-Colonialists that told Buhari to be appointing key government officials based on tribal and religious sentiments instead of by merit and competency without minding their tribe and religion

These are the problems black race have and I doubt it will ever be solved because if you try to solve it, they will hate you, sabotage your effort and possibly murder you with your good intentions.

Who built the conducive environments for Japanese people, for Chinese people, for American people, for British people, for Germans, for French people, for Singaporeans, for Dutch people, for Swizz people, etc

They built their conducive environments to enable their citizens to succeed by themselves, not by aliens......they coordinated themselves, coordinated their leadership and carved a beautiful nation for themselves, so they are not holding black African nations back from coordinating themselves to also build a conducive environment for their black citizens to succeed in black nations!!

Why is it that blacks only succeed and excel when they travel to whiteman's nation

Why is it that blacks only find their voice only when they travel to whiteman's nation to live and learn, why

Why is it that black people hardly excel in their home black nations

Why is it that black people only remember black activism when they travel to whiteman's nation or when they are living in whiteman's nation

Why can't black people living in black nations come together and start a black revolution to emancipate the black race from poverty, disease, undevelopment, backwardness, darkness, dark practices, inhumane practices and then launch their black activism from their black nations instead staying in whiteman's nation and be rocking shoulder with the same whiteman sheltering and providing for them, why why why

The black race have a fundamental weakness from the start of mankind, and the black race needs to accept this natural weakness first, then begin a true search for lasting solution starting from their homelands not from a whiteman's nation!

Go back to your black nation, organize your youths, enlighten them, start from grabbing leadership power to enable you and your team have enough power to change things....and when you grab the power, don't forget your mission like Buhari and other failed black leaders who forgot their promises to their nations once they get to power....and become selfish and focus on enriching themselves, their family members, close friends, close allies and few selected people....don't be like them because that is another bigger weakness of the black race - SELFISHNESS!

Black people are selfish.....they are mostly concerned about their well being and that of their immediate family members, others can go to hell!

Black people hardly think of collective growth....that is also evident on this thread where some people arguing with me will be bragging that they are more successful than some white people they see in the white nations they live....they forgot that I am not here to talk about individual monetary success but here to talk about collective national success of a race, a people which black nations have failed woefully to achieve due to their natural weakness of selfishness and self centeredness!

BLACK RACE HAVE A FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM FROM CREATION OF MANKIND, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SLAVE TRADE OR NEO-COLONIALISM, IN FACT, SLAVE TRADE AND NEO-COLONIALISM ARE BIGGER EVIDENCES THAT WHITE RACE ARE SUPERIOR TO BLACK RACE IN THINKING, INNOVATION, POWER, ETC BECAUSE IF NOT, TELL ME WHY BLACK RACE SAT IN THEIR ASSES AND ALLOWED THE WHITE RACE TO COME ALL THE WAY FROM THEIR FAR AWAY LANDS TO ATTACK THEM, CONQUER THEM, SLAVE TRADE THEM AND ALSO COLONIZE THEM FOR CENTURIES IN THEIR OWN BLACK LANDS

The slavery and slave trade didn't even stop until the white man decided he's had enough. A decrease in demand for slaves by the white man made the black man to quit kidnapping his fellow black man for sale to the white man.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by babasolution: 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
ikennaf1:

The slavery and slave trade didn't even stop until the white man decided he's had enough. A decrease in demand for slaves by the white man made the black man to quit kidnapping his fellow black man for sale to the white man.

Yes we have these weaknesses,failures etc,but we can still rise above those and become great,yes maybe we were useless in
the past but we can change the course of our future,we have to stop looking at our failures,we should search for the good in us,strengthen our weakness and begin to make progress,this generation have to fight with blood and sweat to change the destiny of the blackman for good lest we are toast

1 Like

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
soul95:

The question should be what am I doing for my unborn children,and yes I'm labouring for them even as a young man. But I know better than putting my hopes in Nigeria, understand now? Don't create a shithole environment and expect the best minds to settle there. Do you know that major succeeding corporations pay people to act as think tanks? Contrast that to having to join a secret society or "belong" before you can get a position where you can wield better influence and do better using your competencies. I'm no complainer but ugly facts must be stated

you create the environment you wanna live in, we are created the shit hole, now we want torun away from the shit hole, the shit hole will still be a shit hole when we return back
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
googi:
I do not think your redemption is near.

If you want to compare ancient history pictures of Africans with Barbarians, call on Rossiki and Anonimi.

people like you are the ones that believe there was a black queen in the uk, you have not come down to reality, if we created something atleast there should be a trace even if destroyed, the roman empire traces are still there in greece, where are the african trace, i am sure you wanna mention Egypt, how come there is no transfer of idea, architecture, etc from the Egyptian empire to the rest of africa, the roman empire influenced western civilization, where is ours?

what african empire rule the world? pls mention one, what did we create, enlighten me

1 Like

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by Boxer007(m): 9:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
lilwetdick:

people like you are the ones that believe there was a black queen in the uk, you have not come down to reality, if we created something atleast there should be a trace even if destroyed, the roman empire traces are still there in greece, where are the african trace, i am still you wanna mention egypt, how come there is no transfer of idea, architecture, etc from the egyptian empire to the rest of africa, the roman empire influenced western civilization, where is ours?

what african empire rule the world? pls mention one, what did we create, enlighten me

My brother pls can we swap dik pictures and take shower together this Sunday. Please?
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by grandstar(m): 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
googi:

Grandstar you have comprehension problem. Otherwise the very first paragraph and the above should have solved your problem. Africans are capable and they have demonstrated that inside Africa by creating enabling environment in the jungles to create factories but more important in foreign countries where obstacles have been thrown at them.

We need more, not from outside but at home where they are too complacent. If it was not for their resilient DNA, Africans could have perished long time ago.

You mister, is part of the problem.

No comprehension problem here.

Hubris is hubris no matter how polished it looks.

It is all fire and brimstone signifying nothing.

It reminds of communist rabble rousing talk. It sounds so sweet and heavenly but in practice, led to economic ruin and political oppression.

For instance in the 2nd paragraphn, he speaks of the distaste for locally made goods. That has never been the problem. The problem is Africa exports too little.

In the 3rd paragraph, he says "go back" only resonates with black people. African Americans came in as slaves and were treated like trash for over a 100 years after the end of slavery. They couldn't even share the same toilets with a white man in the South. They suffered a glass ceiling for decades.

In the 4th paragraph, he speaks of the mean spiritedness of foreigners. The EU and the USA has allowed duty free access for most African goods. They've also forgiven the crushing foreign debts they owed in the 1990's and early 2000's. Then came in China which has poured in billions into the continent as investments, infrastructure, loans and in aid. These have given African countries a big lift up. Also, China's booming economy led to the surge in commodity prices such as crude oil hitting over $100 per barrel at a time. As many African countries are commodity exporters, these fed a boom in places such as Zambia and Angola.

The 5th paragraph is utter nonsense. This is simply a figment of his imagination. The only foreign nation who can today be accused of the atrocities he mentions are the Chinese. The West needs African countries to grow so they can have bigger markets to export to. They also need African countries to be richer so their citizens will stay home rather than land as economic refugees in large numbers on their soil.

In the 6th paragraph, he said Africans wrecked their economies. That is a big fat lie. It is African leaders that did. It is like saying the Chinese wrecked their economy from 1949 - 1978. It wasn't the Chinese that wrecked the Chinese economy but Chairman Mao and his communist economic policies which Lee Kuan Yew called an "excess of hubris and theology". This man's write up is no different.

Coming back home to build your economy sounds for sexy. By the time you spend a few years, you'll be thinking of going back. For business to grow and boom, you need an enabling environment. Presently, goods are stuck for months at Apapa port! Many critical raw materials factories needed to produce goods were placed under ban from access to forex grinding production. It is like asking these guys to grow rice on arid soil?

Coming back isn't the solution. Pro business and economic laws are. Ireland was only able to achieve fast and rapid growth when it reduced the maximum tax rate from 60% to less than 50%. This tax reduction coupled with a company tax of 12.5% encouraged an investment boom and turned the tide on emigration. Your coming back achieves nothing if the enabling environment does not exist or you lack the means to change it (access to make and implement the enabling laws).

The seventh paragraph makes a lot of sense but his mention of Structural Adjustment Programs displays a poor understanding of economics.

The 8th paragraph.
Progress is progress, whether at home or abroad. For you to be recognised globally is no mean feat and should be applauded. If they tell you to go back, "so what"? Some African countries are beginning to shine such as Rwanda but from a very low base but in decades to come, Africans will have some take pride in the success of their economies.

9th paragraph
The EU and USA has opened their countries to goods from Africa. There's duty free access to most products originating in Africa. What unfair trade is he talking about here? What he said is based on the mercantilist myth popular here that the West wants you poor because if you become rich, their economies will be affected.

That isn't based on facts. The truth is they want your country to be richer so they can export more to you helping create jobs in their home countries. Also, your people will stop trooping there illegally to do live. African countries that are implementing sound reforms and are fighting corruption are rewarded by the West with lots of aid. A good example is Rwanda.

10th Paragraph

Don't understand a thing he said here

11th Paragraph
If you're talking of the N word, it was adopted by young black Americans who never experienced the racism prior to the 1970's. Just like today, many Igbo's are clamoring for war, the elders say it is their children who did not experience it that want it. Black South Africans haven't embraced the word "kaffir". I don't know much about the Nigerians winning elections in Alberta, Canada or in Italy.

The most I know is that Nigerians in Canada are socially mobile. The Nigerians in Italy are stuck in a stagnant economy, with dreadful job prospects.

12th Paragragh
I will need to read more about the parties they contested under. In Canada, I doubt there'd be right wing parties such as Le Pen's National Rally in France.

I know Italy has the Northern League. They have always been anti-migrant.

13th Paragraph
There is a limit to what self help can do. Please understand that. What is most important are government policies that are pro business. That is the game changer. Dangote said he would never have been as rich as he is today if not for the bank recapitalisation that occurred between 2004-2005. His effort only won't have got him where he is today. There needs to be fertile ground. The more fertile, the fatter the rewards.

There are so many policies on ground that frustrate business. Lending rate is a crushing 25-30% for instance.

14th Paragraph
Godwin Maduka success with his village is good but not the game changer needed. China was able to move 400m people into the middle class through fast economic growth. That is what Africa desperately needs and a few countries are beginning to achieve that.

15th Paragraph
Gaddafi was a brutal dictator and most of his people were happy to see him go. The Libyan economy was nothing to write home about. It is just the crude oil that made it look good.

Places like Saudi Arabia, Oman achieved far more per capita than the Libyans with their crude oil. His people weren't even wealthy. Libya was nothing to write home about

For the Congo, the West messed up big time there. The imposition Mobutu by the USA wrecked that country.

16th Paragraph
The fall of Ghaddafi was miscalculated as a good thing. The US had not foreseen the rise of many warring factions in the country. Libyans may all speak Arabic but there are many sectarian groups just like in Somalia.

17th Paragraph
It is this phrase "exploit, destroy and subjugate people they consider disposable" that exposes him. Where did he get this from? Also, It was in America that blacks were not allowed equal footing to vote until the late 1960's. I'm not sure about other independent South American countries.

18th Pragraph
What does he mean by "confront our exploiters and negotiate terms of trade "?. What recent trade policies shows they are your exploiters? What trade policies over the last 20 years show they are your exploiters.

On the contrary, the terms have been quite generous and it is African countries that failed to grab them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by googi: 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
Grandstar,

You have revealed yourself. Your types are what IMF and World Bank planted in Nigeria to negotiate "grants", loan and foreign Aids. Your policies and their are like, as we say in Nigeria, like five and six. You are the one that forced Structural Adjustment and Devaluations on us telling us as usual that it will work out in ten or 20 years. Thunder fire them, not you O my broda.

I see a traitor here, like his mentors, that want us to wait for another twenty years and if we follow their policies, we will be like Rwandan and Botswana. You are polite, so I have to be polite with you. Otherwise Nigeria has a saying with thunder and fire. Remember that is what they said about Ghana and Structural Adjustment only to apologize later that they did not take social factore into consideration. Who is fooling who after the fact.

You said USA open their market. If you are talking about AGOA, you do not understand my broda. They find all types of excuses to waste our export. In the first place, why are we exporting raw cassava or yam when we can turn them into the same industrial starch they do and use in pharmaceutical product we import?

Do you know how they ignore the same deal they gave West Indian countries on banana and turned around to use Central American countries against them? They wasted their banana by using one against the other. Cheaper price eeh.

You are a core capitalist without mercy. No country in the world practice straight capitalism anymore . Not even USA. Yes they go to extreme like these days with the demagogue they have as President. But note that the most advanced countries today have mixed economy.

China practice Communism at home and Capitalism outside. More than any country, it has been able to remove most of their people from poverty. Scandinavian countries have the highest standard of living and pleased with their system. I am not sure if you are confusing Iceland with Ireland but during the bail out, Ireland went almost bankrupt by following capitalist rule to bail out the banks while Iceland bailed out the people instead. Iceland came up on top.

Oh, they want us to be richer so that we can buy their goods? Haba my broda. Why do you sound so much like their twins? You must have heard about Nyerere analogy used by many Africans when he met President Regan. It went like this. Regan said if you give a man fish, you have to feed him forever. True!

Nyerere answered: If Africans bought one tractor with a ton of cocoa in 1960, two tons of cocoa for the same one tractor in 1970 and three tons of the same tractor in 1980, what is is left? Cocoa or labor! Ha! you wan kill man.

Granstar, you wicked O. We be your broda na. You told us to devalue our currencies so that we could export more. How much more cocoa, oil, grand nut, cassava, Ruga, yams could we export if you buy them for nothing?

To make matter worse, you take our fish and sell it back to us in cans. The same with our meat, you sell it back to us in corn beef. If we say we nor buy, you go put sanctions on us for not opening our markets. So textile market, we open and kill our local industry. Automobile manufacturing plant nko, we prefer imported Mercedes and BMW as open market. As "civilized" people nah.

If we decide on local industry products, you call them counterfeit. Our school nko, na local. Our Medical school nko? They have to use English curriculum to be world standard. Cuba school, Chinese school and Russia school no be world standard? Dem dey get Nobel Price.

Grandstar, whoever sent you, tell dewm say you nor meet us for house O!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by grandstar(m): 11:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
googi:
Grandstar,

You have revealed yourself. Your types are what IMF and World Bank planted in Nigeria to negotiate "grants", loan and foreign Aids. Your policies and their are like, as we say in Nigeria, like five and six. You are the one that forced Structural Adjustment and Devaluations on us telling us as usual that it will work out in ten or 20 years. Thunder fire them, not you O my broda.

Did anybody put a gun at their heads for them to go to the IMF or World Bank? It is not by force. The IMF came to Nigeria to give Buhari some economic advise but he turned them away. Did they kill him?

Do you know that Britain was once under the IMF? It quickly paid off the loans so it could be free of the IMF. The same with Ireland which you mentioned. Ireland too quickly paid off its debt to the IMF. Why?

The IMF is run by technocrats and not politicians. They are like Lamido Sanusi who speak what people term heresies such as the FG should sack half its civil service or remove the subsidy on petrol and make people pay market determined prices. They are not politicians who need your votes and who feed you lies.

That these same reforms you detest are actually also advocated by homegrown economists should be instructive. They are simply economic policies. You are completely bankrupt and you have no money to pay civil servants salaries, only 1 week worth of foreign exchange to import goods rather than the minimal 4 months required, scores of companies have closed because of lack of raw materials as you have no forex to import raw materials, you have not paid interest on your local and foreign loans and no country wants to lend you a dime, your infrastructure is collapsing as the state has no money to maintain them and you think any plan to bring back economic and financial sanity will be painless is sheer fantasy.

The truth is that home made reform, tougher than that administered by the IMF actually do better for countries..

googi:

I see a traitor here, like his mentors, that want us to wait for another twenty years and if we follow their policies, we will be like Rwandan and Botswana. You are polite, so I have to be polite with you. Otherwise Nigeria has a saying with thunder and fire. Remember that is what they said about Ghana and Structural Adjustment only to apologize later that they did not take social factor into consideration. Who is fooling who after the fact.

What are the IMF policies you hate and which ones do you like? Are Soludo, Pat Utomi and Lamido Sanusi also traitors? Because they speak the truth, you now go against them?

What policies of the IMF do you actually hate?

googi:

You said USA open their market. If you are talking about AGOA, you do not understand my broda. They find all types of excuses to waste our export. In the first place, why are we exporting raw cassava or yam when we can turn them into the same industrial starch they do and use in pharmaceutical product we import?

Why won't we export raw materials?

Economic growth my brother is step by step. The poorer a country, the more likely it is to export primary goods. As it gets richer, it begins to climb up the ladder.

A good example is the Iphone produced in China. As of 2010, only 5.7% of the value of the phone was actually derived from China. The reason why was most of the high tech components were imported from other countries. China has massive trading deficits with Japan, South Korea and Taiwan where it imports the bulk of it's high tech spare parts and equipment from. The reason why is that China is still a developing country while the others have rich nations. Even till now, many high tech goods produced in China should actually state "Well Assembled In China"

Rich nations don't have cheap labour so their focus is on brain power. As countries grow richer, they gradually are forced to focus on brain power the more. That is happening in China now as labour isn't as cheap as it once was.

googi:

Do you know how they ignore the same deal they gave West Indian countries on banana and turned around to use Central American countries against them? They wasted their banana by using one against the other. Cheaper price eeh.

Banana means nothing. Many of these West Indian countries are now doing much better having moved from Bananas to services such as tourism and financial services.

googi:

You are a core capitalist without mercy. No country in the world practice straight capitalism anymore . Not even USA. Yes they go to extreme like these days with the demagogue they have as President. But note that the most advanced countries today have mixed economy.

China practice Communism at home and Capitalism outside. More than any country, it has been able to remove most of their people from poverty. Scandinavian countries have the highest standard of living and pleased with their system. I am not sure if you are confusing Iceland with Ireland but during the bail out, Ireland went almost bankrupt by following capitalist rule to bail out the banks while Iceland bailed out the people instead. Iceland came up on top.

So you want countries to practice communism and end up like the Eastern bloc countries? They ended up poor. Even Russia's per capita income is barely 20% of that of America's today. North Korea and Cuba are the closest thing to communist countries today and they are both poor.

The Scandinavian countries are welfare states. Many have low company taxes and a well educated labour force to drive economic growth and but high personal income taxes and VAT in order to pay for a generous welfare state.

It was capitalist policies that transformed Chinese economy. When it practised Communism under Chairman Mao, it was desperately poor. It was his successor, Xaioping that started the SEZ and other reforms that brought in massive foreign investment into China and started transforming the place.

I'm not a capitalist. I'm a firm believe in the Free Market. There's a massive difference between the two.

China practises capitalism at home. It just deceives itself by calling themselves communist so as to hold on to power. I just checked and the private sector accounts for at least 60% of China's economy. Please speak based on real facts.

googi:

Oh, they want us to be richer so that we can buy their goods? Haba my broda. Why do you sound so much like their twins? You must have heard about Nyerere analogy used by many Africans when he met President Regan. It went like this. Regan said if you give a man fish, you have to feed him forever. True!

Nyerere answered: If Africans bought one tractor with a ton of cocoa in 1960, two tons of cocoa for the same one tractor in 1970 and three tons of the same tractor in 1980, what is is left? Cocoa or labor! Ha! you wan kill man.

In what state did Nyerere leave his country's economy?

Nyerere bankrupted and ruined the country's economy. He left it in tatters. Kenya which was a mixed economy did much better than them.

googi:

Granstar, you wicked O. We be your broda na. You told us to devalue our currencies so that we could export more. How much more cocoa, oil, grand nut, cassava, Ruga, yams could we export if you buy them for nothing?

I want to ask you a question- why do currencies lose value?

When Buhari came into power, he pegged the Naira at 197 to a $1. Yet, by 2017, he allowed the Naira to slide to 360 to $1 at the investor window. Why? He is like you, he doesn't like devaluations

googi:

To make matter worse, you take our fish and sell it back to us in cans. The same with our meat, you sell it back to us in corn beef. If we say we nor buy, you go put sanctions on us for not opening our markets. So textile market, we open and kill our local industry. Automobile manufacturing plant nko, we prefer imported Mercedes and BMW as open market. As "civilized" people nah.

Do you want African countries to start manufacturing things? Then provide the proper incentives.

Ireland for instance slashed company tax to 12.5% and reduced the maximum persoanl income tax to less than 50% and this led to an investment boom. If Nigeria wanted to industrialize fast, it should cut company tax to 12.5% and provide other incentives. You will feel the economy grow under your feet.

Have you also heard about comparative advantage? If you like, go to your bank and ask them to lend you money that you don't know why we are importing Mercedes and BMW's when we can make it locally, you will see what they will tell you.

googi:

If we decide on local industry products, you call them counterfeit. Our school nko, na local. Our Medical school nko? They have to use English curriculum to be world standard. Cuba school, Chinese school and Russia school no be world standard? Dem dey get Nobel Price.

Grandstar, whoever sent you, tell dewm say you nor meet us for house O!

When did they call African goods counterfeit? Please show me well documented references and the percentage of goods considered counterfeits of the countries export? Even if it is true, I'm sure it is minuscule

When did they say you have to use English to be world standard? Tanzania teaches in Swahili. A lot of what you're saying sounds like fiction

Telling you 1+1 = 2 is simply the plain painful truth.

6 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-rufai Visits Gowon After Meeting SDP Leaders, Amid Talks Of Plans To Dump APC / Okorocha Selling Imo Government's Property — Deputy Governor, PDP / Kalu, Abaribe, Uzodinma, Others Storm Imo For 1999 Constitution Review (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.