Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich (28357 Views)

I’ll Close IDP Camps, Return Victims To Their Communities If Elected – Tinubu / Traditional Wedding Of Deola Smart And Malivelihood (Photos, Video) / Why Are Nigerians So Smart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by googi: 2:12am On Jul 20, 2019
Grandstar,

While reading your response, I thought we have fundamental differences. Actually, we just subscribe to different philosophies. We may want the same goal but different paths and different time to get there. You preach extreme capitalism that have never worked in Africa except to exploit the masses. I am not a communist and will never be. If we were crawling with African Economic Theory for the past 60 years, we would be better off than where we are right now. The world looked upon us as a regional power then.

I am more pragmatic using methods that work but I am not going to wait for another 20 years before I see a turn around. You and your western allies from the London School of economics have been preaching the same thing for the past 50 years. Africa has gotten poorer not richer. Your time is up. Only revolution will solve this economic problems. You and I are not going to live for ever while capitalist theory encourages anything foreign to support open market for imports. Enough is enough. If we were eating and drinking garri, yam and banana everyday without foreign import, we could have been better off today.

A good example as you pointed out about Buhari is Structural Adjustment. He refused it. IBB overthrew him and implemented it wiping out the middle class. Nigeria has never recovered.

Again, you pointed out Devaluation, Buhari rejected it. Everyone called him illiterate. All he asked was to show him one African country that has ever recovered from devaluation. All the American and British trained economics cried that he would not take experts advice. He relented, has Nigeria got any better after the devaluations?

When one Nigerian pound was almost three US dollars, one dollar was seven shillings and six pence. What were we exporting that we did not export more of?

White people have fooled us too many times. British and American currencies are ordinary papers without value.

Please understand that it is the reason they move away from Gold Standard. By Gold Standard, African currencies should be the strongest. How could Gold Coast currency be weaker than Ghana currency? Zimbabwe currency, in spite of gold and diamond has turned into toilet paper rolls.

My point is this, currencies exchange has no ECONOMIC substance, only POLITICAL.

The difference between Rhodesia and Zimbabwe is White and Black. What export was so important in Rhodesia that was not available in Zimbabwe. It is nothing but political not Economics. They dictate our currencies worth. They give us printed papers in exchange for our gold, diamond, oil uranium etc.

Tell me the economic substance of the greatest debtor in the world, USA, with a strong currencies? You see, they fooll you guys at the London School of Economies, Harvard and Wharton Business School as if there is logic to their exploitation. It is pure mirage back by exploitation.

When Kadhafi proposed Change from Dollar to Dinar for oil exporting countries, what happened to him? Well they cannot kill all of us and the Asians too. Chinese are moving for currency swap. Even the European Union are pushing Euro. What are Africans proposing? ECO?

Please tell me my brother, what will happen to Africa today if we only trade with ourselves and ban foreign goods into Africa.

Nigeria was almost lucky. The whole country thought we finally got our bearing together. Despite threats, Nigeria came together from North to South and elected a PhD for the first time into Government. He messed up big time, stole us blind with impunity. Why? it is our money we could do anything we want with it.

I thought they bought an island in Europe for some of us in the South to move to since he left Niger Delta worse than he met it.

Jonathan gave us Buhari and we deserve this punishment. So we have to live with Muhamadu Ruga Buhari. But some of us will never forgive Jonathan!

2 Likes

Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by EagleNest(m): 3:45am On Jul 20, 2019
Say it louder so that the ones at the back will hear! Only us can emancipate ourselves from slavery of poverty. And it has to be done collectively with one mind. Escaping to foreign country doesn't necessarily solve the problem, instead it prolonged the solution. May be we are not properly wired to think developmentally and innovatively as the oyibos has, and always done. We don't ask questions to leaders but just worship them as if they are different beings. In fact the matter tire me.
Re: Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich by googi: 11:47am On Jul 21, 2019
[url]. https://photos.app./2t3qwC7WPhwEyA1P6 [/url]

Can someone help load this video on the fraudulent basis of African currencies exchange rate.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfnruW7yERA

from 410

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Attended Kanu’s Trial – Fayose / 8 Questions Peter Obi Must Answer / Photos From Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's 63rd Birthday Celebration In Switzerland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.