Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,538 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault (8154 Views)

11 Newly Licensed Independent Electricity Distribution Network Operators / Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Warns Simon Ekpa To Desist From Using IPOB Leader’s Name / Eko Electricity Apologises As National Grid Collapses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by willscopan: 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2019

A man Sulaiman Quadri is in police custody after a knife attack on a staff of Eko Electricity Distribution Company on Thursday, July 18th.

The incident occurred while the Eko Field Representative was on a routine revenue collection drive for power allocated to customers in the Aradagun zone of Agbara District of the company’s operational network.

In a statement made available to journalists through its Head, Media and Communications, Sulaiman Aledeh, EKEDC appeals to all customers to desist from assaulting staff of the company.

The statement highlighted the alarming rate of violence against workers in the electricity distribution industry and reiterated EKEDC’s zero tolerance to these barbaric acts.

Attached to the statement were pictures and video clips from the incident which depicted a gory, gruesome and unprovoked attack on the...

Read more at: https://secretsreporter.com/eko-electricity-distribution-ekedc-appeals-to-customers-to-desist-from-assaulting-staff-of-the-company/

1 Like

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by dfrost: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
cheesy grin

Teach your staff to act within the guidelines that binds them and the consumers. How hard is that?

8 Likes

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by TeeSeven(m): 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
When your officials extort money and unfairly treat your 'customers', then you should expect reprisals borne out of frustration.
Upon service wey no even good...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
They should distribute prepaid meters instead of doing door to door nonsense which puts them at risk

24 Likes

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by OfficialSam(m): 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
It's either they improve on power or deal with the assaults. Nonsensical idiots!

3 Likes

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by OWNwithEASE: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
+..
Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by doyouknowjohnny: 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
They deserve it and more..
How can they bring bill of 20k for an area they know see electricity for just 12hrs per week.
Does it not deserve community beating my people.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by Mikkyjay17(m): 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
This is just the beginning.
Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by fergie001: 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
Don't bring light, then you bring humongous bills....

You will chop better beating, las las we won't have light for 11months....

But truth be told, Power has really improved this period..Kudos ooo EKEDC...

2 Likes

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by crossfm: 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2019
The gods are really angry.they should also improve on their services and ensure all their customers are metered.

1 Like

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by bimgo: 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
I don't like threatening of life but you too should do the needful. My area worst with one day off one day on. IKEJA ELECTRICITY ALAYE BAJE, NO LIGHT BUT DEN GO STILL DEY BRING BILL. @ Oke aro ogun state
Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by TGIFriday(m): 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
I fear this People pass Police

1 Like

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by Taogbera: 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
Una just start to dey receive beating. I leave around there and there has been no light for so long now. No roads at all and you guys don't want to give us light again. Beating galore hahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by upuphim(m): 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
Staff and the Disco should also desist from crazy bill and other matters that brings up assault. Distribute you prepaid meters that are wasting away at Ijora Olopa.
Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by ridbell01(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
I stay in Aradagun few kilometres to their office for the past 1 week now no light and they will still go out to distribute bill and you think people will take it easy with them? Even we the customers and their staffs do struggle to charge our phones in a barbers shop beside their office

3 Likes

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by Bustincole(m): 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
EKEDC, EKO DISCO, IKEDC etc is a yahoo company

Customers is dare maga

7 Likes

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by MsFaith: 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
thanta:
They should distribute prepaid meters instead of doing door to door nonsense which puts them at risk
Hope you won't bypass if they give you PPM
Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by neonly: 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
Dem never see anything na kidnap go join d assault
Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
We go continue de beat una boys so long una no give us light... na una be true g/boys. Reaping wea una no sow.. We won't stop beating Dem ..

1 Like

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by neonly: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
doyouknowjohnny:
They deserve it and more..
How can they bring bill of 20k for an area they know see electricity for just 12hrs per week.
Does it not deserve community beating my people.

U own good my own flat they bring 18K just for one flat each and we have 4 apartment

2 Likes

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by Lexusgs430: 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
Den neva see anything........ Their billing is never equal to power supplied............
Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by DameB(f): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
If you offer good services and your staff are courteous to your customers, will they be resented by the public..... It's your private business, you are not doing the public a favour.

Them lucky say killerherdsmen nor get them for mind
Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by naijajobx: 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oh
Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by dpumppy(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
For almost a month now, our transformer got spoilt. Instead of repairing it, the officials told us to fix it ourselves and they gave us the consultant details. That 1 wants 400k now. Why are we paying heavy bills when we are still going to maintain their property when it gets bad. Stupid people. Las Las na Sango go kill them finish.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by Malawian(m): 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
Tommorrow evening will make it complete 8 weeks now we have no lights at Orile Iganmu. This is simply because the community insisted on "No prepaid Meter, No payment of bills" They just disconnected half of Orile Iganmu just like that.

1 Like

Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by Malawian(m): 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
Tomorrow evening will make it complete 8 weeks now we have no lights at Orile Iganmu. This is simply because the community insisted on "No prepaid Meter, No payment of bills" They just disconnected half of Orile Iganmu just like that.
Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by jrusky(m): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Then give your customers stable electricity and stop harassing them with frivolous overcharged electricity bill they never used or keep receiving more beating and intimidation.
Re: Eko Electricity Distribution (ekedc) Appeals To Customers To Desist From Assault by bigfish3k: 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
so u people are still doing door to door service sharing bills,carrying ladder up and down cutting peoples light.
u people will not give light, u will share and ration light between streets - one cannot get more than 6 hours light in a day.
some thing will get spoilt in the transformer , there wouldnt be light for like 3 weeks u will ask us to contribute to repair it, after the repair u will bring light for like 2 days which will not be more than 6 hours a day.

gbam ... the next thing u start sharing estimated bills as much as N26,000 - N78,000 per person or per flat while minimum wage is still N18,000/N30,000... my friends with pre- paid meters dont spend more than N2,000 per month on light bills
in another 3 days u start cutting peoples light ... EKEDC , BEDC(this is the worst of them all) please tell me who will not get angry at all these ur behaviors
is it because the ogas at the office only send their contract staff/adhoc staff to come and cut light thereby endangering their lives
the ogas should come out themselves and face the heat so that they will know that doing the right thing by giving us pre-paid meters is the best.
GIVE US PRE PAID METERS AND STOP BEATING ABOUT THE BUSH.. in this sense - i will not cheat you and u will not cheat me
And u would not also need to be carrying ladder up and down in the sun to cut light and nobody will attack u again

i even learnt from one of ur staff that there are enough pre-paid meters for distribution its just that u people dont want to share it because u feel that u will not be able to exploit us again
BUT WHY IS IT THAT U DONT WANT OUR ATTACKS BUT U INSIST ON EXPLOITING US - is this fair

ALL IN ALL - i still blame the govt for leaving the citizens at the mercy of THESE EXPLOITERS ... at times i began to think that govt officials partake in the share of the exploitations and rip offs.
if not the govt would have protected us by insisting on - " NO PRE- PAID METER, NO BILL" OR THE GOVT SHOULD PEG THE AMOUNT THOSE ON ESTIMATED BILLINGS SHOULD PAY AND IT MUST NOT EXCEED N2,000 for residentials and N5,000 for commercials --- this way they will sit up
or the govt should allow us buy pre paid meters in the open market , then let the electricity officials come and code it for us with distinct numbers/codes
from my numerous travels - kudos to Enugu electricity - they are still the best so far

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plateau Group Accuses Tallen, Dimka, Others Of Being PDP Mole In APC / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Can Contest In 2015 - San / Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.