Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Poor Gotv Picture Quality - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Poor Gotv Picture Quality (13428 Views)

I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! / Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 21, 2019
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I really need help on this. I recently got an LG 60inch UHD 4k tv and I'm very impressed with the way it up scales 720p, 1080p videos and makes them very clear. Within the week I got a gotv but didn't connect it until yesterday, I noticed how pexilated the decoder was, I mean even without watching anything the menu appears blurry like the texts are hand drawn with water paintcry when playing any channel I noticed the quality is extremely poor, like 144p / 240p resolution. I don't know if this is from gotv decoders or something? Is anyone experiencing this?
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by dawnomike(m): 8:32am On Jul 21, 2019
Change your connection cable...
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by KfashionHubb: 8:36am On Jul 21, 2019
Yes I started to notice it 3 days ago. Done red dottes lines and blurry pictures

1 Like

Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by aliyuthayo(m): 9:23am On Jul 21, 2019
If you must use DsTV and still you want to get the best of your TV quality pictures, you need to get Explora.
It will give you an HD experience but there other ways to get the best 4k quality pictures, e.g. FTA, IPTV etc

2 Likes

Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Greatzeus(m): 9:37am On Jul 21, 2019
aliyuthayo:
If you must use DsTV and still you want to get the best of your TV quality pictures, you need to get Explora.
It will give you an HD experience but there other ways to get the best 4k quality pictures, e.g. FTA, IPTV etc
It's obvious you are still living with your parents, collecting feeding money and still being fed by them. When you start hustling you will know not every Nigeria will buy Explora,some will go for the cheaper ones. But you wouldn't know, would you? A lot of people know ferari exist but they are not using it,they settle for cheaper cars because that's what they could afford.
Now,go ask Daddy if he has clothes to wash or mummy if she has plates to wash.

12 Likes

Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 21, 2019
dawnomike:
Change your connection cable...
It's the new proprietary AV wire it came with that am using. One end is AV the other end looks like ear piece end that you plug into your phone. It's strange, I wonder how I'll change it when it's bad.
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 21, 2019
aliyuthayo:
I can't afford that now, besides I don't have the luxury of time to watch it even if i purchase it. Hence I went for a cheaper option so even if I don't watch it for a full month I won't complain. I really appreciate your input, please what is FTA, IPTV? Can you please explain how this works?
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 21, 2019
KfashionHubb:
Yes I started to notice it 3 days ago. Done red dottes lines and blurry pictures
So it used to be a lot clearer?
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Debroslink: 11:37am On Jul 21, 2019
grossintel:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I really need help on this. I recently got an LG 60inch UHD 4k tv and I'm very impressed with the way it up scales 720p, 1080p videos and makes them very clear. Within the week I got a gotv but didn't connect it until yesterday, I noticed how pexilated the decoder was, I mean even without watching anything the menu appears blurry like the texts are hand drawn with water paintcry when playing any channel I noticed the quality is extremely poor, like 144p / 240p resolution. I don't know if this is from gotv decoders or something? Is anyone experiencing this?

After buying an LG 60' UHD TV, you stooped so low to get gotv. You 4kup there. The best quality gotv can give is 480p. They don't have any 720p HD or 1080p FHD channel, not to talk of 4kUHD. I doubt if DSTV has any 4kUHD channel.

I hope your TV is a smart tv. If yes, then you need data, I mean big data to stream from Netflix. Aside this, you need to join the very few guys that own a BUD and a 4kUHD decoder to enjoy some 4kUHD channels as FTA
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Afobear: 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2019
Pay Debroslink no attention ... the way his clubbed bottled a 3 goal lead last season is still tormenting him severely. You can get some good quality if you go and change the decoder to the more recent one with HDMI connection
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Debroslink: 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
Afobear:
Pay Debroslink no attention ... the way his clubbed bottled a 3 goal lead last season is still tormenting him severely. You can get some good quality if you go and change the decoder to the more recent one with HDMI connection

Forget soccer for now. If you like, get HDMI or even if UHDMI cable exists, it won't turn gotv stations to HD. Even on DSTV, there's a difference between SS3 and SS3HD in terms of quality. Gotv doesn't have any HD channel.

1 Like

Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 21, 2019
Debroslink:

After buying an LG 60' UHD TV, you stooped so low to get gotv. You 4kup there. The best quality gotv can give is 480p. They don't have any 720p HD or 1080p FHD channel, not to talk of 4kUHD. I doubt if DSTV has any 4kUHD channel.

I hope your TV is a smart tv. If yes, then you need data, I mean big data to stream from Netflix. Aside this, you need to join the very few guys that own a BUD and a 4kUHD decoder to enjoy some 4kUHD channels as FTA
My brother I asked them oh, they said the quaility is in HD, I think I'll go back there tomorrow, thank God I bought it from Shoprite. I don't need 4kUHD channels, I know it's rear in Nigeria ie if at all there are any in Nigeria because am sure DSTV have no 4k channels, what I need to know is if DSTV has any HD or FHD channels. Yes, it's a smart tv and came preinstalled with Netflix.
Can you explain what BUD and FTA is? or give me a link to read it up, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Debroslink: 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2019
grossintel:
My brother I asked them oh, they said the quaility is in HD, I think I'll go back there tomorrow, thank God I bought it from Shoprite. I don't need 4kUHD channels, I know it's rear in Nigeria ie if at all there are any in Nigeria because am sure DSTV have no 4k channels, what I need to know is if DSTV has any HD or FHD channels. Yes, it's a smart tv and came preinstalled with Netflix.
Can you explain what BUD and FTA is? or give me a link to read it up, thanks.

DSTV surely has HD channels. I'm sure dstv explorer will give you such experience. Person wey never experience FHD go dey hype gotv undecided

BUD means Big Ugly Dish, and FTA means Free To Air. Google up Lemmy Morgan's website.

1 Like

Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2019
Debroslink:

DSTV surely has HD channels. I'm sure dstv explorer will give you such experience. Person wey never experience FHD go dey hype gotv undecided

BUD means Big Ugly Dish, and FTA means Free To Air. Google up Lemmy Morgan's website.
Thank you, I'll look it up smiley
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by wman(m): 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
Greatzeus:

It's obvious you are still living with your parents, collecting feeding money and still being fed by them. When you start hustling you will know not every Nigeria will buy Explora,some will go for the cheaper ones. But you wouldn't know, would you? A lot of people know ferari exist but they are not using it,they settle for cheaper cars because that's what they could afford.
Now,go ask Daddy if he has clothes to wash or mummy if she has plates to wash.

Why so rude?

He answered the question without insulting anyone but you had to insult the hell out of him.

Later, you'll start complaining that reasonable people hardly comment on Nairaland unlike Quora and co.

On Quora and Reddit, they answer so politely and everyone is nice to each other unlike here where people are trying to be unnecessarily savage.

10 Likes

Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by fineboynl(m): 5:29am On Nov 30, 2019
grossintel:
hi friend? where you able to solve the problem? i'm having similar issues. i'm already hating the sight of my TV and just bought both new today.

why would gotv not have hdmi port at this age still amazed me.

1 Like

Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
fineboynl:
hi friend? where you able to solve the problem? i'm having similar issues. i'm already hating the sight of my TV and just bought both new today.

why would gotv not have hdmi port at this age still amazed me.
No, I had to settle for it like that, overtime I stopped noticing and just enjoyed the show am watching. The quality is still very poor anyway but I got used to it that way. I also got an external 1tb hard drive and loaded it with tons of 720p 1080p movies, with the insane amount of movies in it, I always have something new to watch. If you succeed in finding a work around please let me know.

3 Likes

Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by fineboynl(m): 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2019
grossintel:
No, I had to settle for it like that, overtime I stopped noticing and just enjoyed the show am watching. The quality is still very poor anyway but I got used to it that way. I also got an external 1tb hard drive and loaded it with tons of 720p 1080p movies, with the insane amount of movies in it, I always have something new to watch. If you succeed in finding a work around please let me know.
I'm just coming from dstv office and they told me they stop producing HDMI decoder long time ago. and there is nothing they can do. they said its only dstv that has HTML. I think they purposely remove it as business strategy's and I doubt if the old once with hdmi will be any better or shape as we might think.

they said the only option since I bought it yesterday I can sell it.

I check my guy that is using dstv and is TV poor virtual is just like my own, not any better. but I didn't ask him if he is using HDMI or AV. why is dstv is his poor?

1 Like

Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by okooloyun1(m): 1:53am On Dec 28, 2019
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Lordjb: 8:01am On Dec 28, 2019
Maybe you guys can settle for startimes as it has HDMI port but don't know if they have any HD channels tho. You can make more inquiry
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by okooloyun1(m): 1:52am On Dec 31, 2019
fineboynl:
I'm just coming from dstv office and they told me they stop producing HDMI decoder long time ago. and there is nothing they can do. they said its only dstv that has HTML. I think they purposely remove it as business strategy's and I doubt if the old once with hdmi will be any better or shape as we might think.

they said the only option since I bought it yesterday I can sell it.

I check my guy that is using dstv and is TV poor virtual is just like my own, not any better. but I didn't ask him if he is using HDMI or AV. why is dstv is his poor?
I bought AV To HDMI converter though it might not be great but the video quality is by far better.
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by fineboynl(m): 7:20am On Dec 31, 2019
okooloyun1:
I bought AV To HDMI converter though it might not be great but the video quality is by far better.
for how much?
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by okooloyun1(m): 10:39am On Dec 31, 2019
fineboynl:
for how much?
Bought it 4k in Ibadan, you can get it cheaper in Lagos.
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by fineboynl(m): 10:44am On Dec 31, 2019
okooloyun1:
don't live in Ibadan, instead I will look for gotv with HDMI. used one or buy dstv there is 2k sub
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by omoolorire(m): 5:15pm On Jan 01, 2020
Pls house how can I correct this download error 0*8003002F on gotv l paid on my account on 24/12/2019 up till now I can't access it. I visited the office I was told to buy another decoder of which nothing can be done to salvage the situation.
Pls help
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by chubbyman(m): 8:07am On Jan 02, 2020
okooloyun1:
What da, that's way too steep just to enjoy a semblance of sub par hdmi picture quality, anyways do you man as for me I'm sticking with av for now till something better comes along down the line
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Elxandre(m): 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
Even hdmi isn't any better. Matches are way too blurry.
You need dstv or any better decoder to complement a 4k TV
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by DrProf(m): 5:30am On Jun 22, 2020
Debroslink:

DSTV decoder with hdmi is not consistent with its sharpness. If you ever travel out of this country to Europe/America and see their HD channels you will marvel. DSTV's HD channels can look like 480p most times. I am always on the lookout for satellite dishes with HD channels that mirrors that of the west. So I'll like to know what HD channels are on that BUD
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Toppytek(m): 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
I’m facing this same issue with Gotv, I’m looking forward to getting a DSTV, I hate poor picture quality!!!

2 Likes

Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by MeloGist(m): 9:46am On Dec 19, 2020
Toppytek:
I’m facing this same issue with Gotv, I’m looking forward to getting a DSTV, I hate poor picture quality!!!

Hi, did the picture quality improve after getting a dstv?
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Toppytek(m): 1:16pm On Dec 19, 2020
MeloGist:

Hi, did the picture quality improve after getting a dstv?

I’m yet to get it but there’ll be difference cos I have someone using DSTV (HDMI) with the same type of TV producing a good picture quality.
Re: Poor Gotv Picture Quality by Lilusm: 11:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
I also encountered the problem when my 4k TV had a blurry picture. The instructions from this blog helped me, as well as some advice from forum members.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Movies You Watch As a Child / Help, Where Can I Download 3gp Movies / Moviebox For Android: Step-by-step Installation Instructions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.