Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire (41027 Views)

13-Year-Old Aba House Help Jumps Down From 2-Storey Building To Evade Punishment / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by YugoMagazine: 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2019
A man has shocked neighbours when he scaled a 19 storey building to save his mother from a fire in West Powelton, Philadelphia.

The fire started in a rubbish chute and then escalated to buildings nearby around 9.30pm on Thursday, the fire was quenched around 10.56pm same day.

The Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector, Scott Small released a statement and it goes thus; “SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) buses were on location and we put some of the evacuees on the buses where the air conditioning was on in the buses so SEPTA helped us out,”

“There was a recreation centre in a nearby building that had air conditioning to house individuals that were temporarily evacuated.”

The brave man’s name’ is Jermaine and he’s 35-year-old. According to Jermaine, he received a call from his sister about the fire incident informing him that their bed-ridden 65-year-old mother was unable to vacate her apartment which was on the 15th floor of the building.

Jermaine also noted that when he arrived in the area, the police restricted him from enting the building regardless of the fact that his mother was in there and the fire was still escalating. His statement goes as thus; “They said the elevators are not working. I said, ‘No problem. I’ll take the steps. I just want to make sure my mother- my mother is sick, she’s bed-ridden. So I need to get up there. They were like, ‘We can’t let you in.’ I took it upon myself because that’s my mother. There’s no limits. That’s my mother.”

Jermaine, who’s a roofer and construction worker sustained hip injury earlier that dad which made him move around with crutches. He sustained a hip injury after he fell off some set of stairs. Regardless of the fact that he was on crutches, he didn’t mind climbing through the building to save his mum.

Watch Video Here- https://www.yugo.com.ng/man-climbs-19-storey-building-to-save-his-mother-from-fire/

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by YugoMagazine: 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2019
wink wink MUM LOVE tongue tongue grin

In Other News;

BBNaija Housemate Nelson Exposes His Manhood On Live TV (18+photo)

Watch Here- https://www.yugo.com.ng/bbnaija-housemate-nelson-exposes-his-manhood-on-live-tv-18photo/

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2019
Funny thing is .. he might not do the same for his Father

170 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by MGab25(m): 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2019
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by AmazingELixir: 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2019
Chai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2019
Spiderman movie comes to mind.

My mother my mother,i will climb 100 storey building to save her cool.

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Chrisus(m): 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2019
I'd climb a 100-storey building to save my mum.

How to get down? It's in God's hands

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Tamasaba: 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2019
Chrisus:
I'd climb a 100 storey building to save my mum.
u sabi climb? U get mind?

4 Likes

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by chibu4u2(m): 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2019
But I read somewhere here that he’s actually coming down to save himself and not going up.

Anyhow the guy get mind sha. Me that am afraid of height.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by lonelydora: 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2019
I can do anything to save my mum.

Sweet Mother, I no go forget you,
for this suffer wey you suffer for me oo

Wait ooo, SEPTA had to tell people there was a/c in the bus sef? Chai, God when?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by bounju(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
Mom must continue to see the lessons she thought him and she has witnessed one herself.

#Hero
#RealSonOfHisMother

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by FuckThaMod: 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
Brave and Stupid
What was his plan after he got to his mother? Throw her down from 19 storeys?

7 Likes

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by PUSSYHOE(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
I can climb a billion story to save my mother but not a step to save my wife or gf, my mum will always be loyal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Noblefreeman(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
I will climb infinity feet for my family,family is everything

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by yomalex(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
That's the spirit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Oluwapresley(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
Na man be this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Blitz4real(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
Mothers worth it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by TheFacelessMan: 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2019
cheesy

So touching. Mothers are the best..

That reminds me of an encounter i had rescuing someone from an inferno back in the days.

I was quietly smoking my marijuana and blasting Bob Marley's songs ...

when i started smelling what was definitely not weed undecided

Thick smoke was billowing from bellow the door next to mine.

I banged my shoulder into the door, crashing in and my left shoulder turned instantly into half-cooked suya. undecided

I saw this girl lying down, crying weakly, all the curtains and the couches were ablaze shocked shocked

Everything i touched seared my palms so i rushed into the bathroom to look for something wet to douse the fire between us.

I wrapped the girl in the towel and i discovered the entrance was aflame and no way out embarassed

I took her in my arms, took a running start and crashed through the window facing the street.

There was a loud WHOOSH and the increase of oxygen made the fire roar louder behind us.

While plunging through the air, i remembered to my dismay that........

WE LIVE ON THE 5TH FLOOR!!!

[img]https://media./images/50d98e7ec2398b81fbc588bea3c3b52e/tenor.gif[/img]

TO BE CONTINUED... undecided

Culled from "The Memoirs of The Faceless Man" cool

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by shogsman(m): 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2019
The mum did a good job

2 Likes

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by eghuan1(m): 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2019
thanta:

Exactly what was i n my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Tonyosas101(m): 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2019
Chrisus:
I'd climb a 100-storey building to save my mum.
100 storey!!!
noh be woman you wan climb oo

6 Likes

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by SolarKing247: 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2019
One story..... Two perspectives
Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Amuocha: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2019
Ambode sef sad
Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2019
Power of motherhood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Sommydisaster(m): 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2019
Nothing but love tongue tongue tongue

Meanwhile, checkout the siggy

100% European standard products
Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by kingigwe1: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2019
chibu4u2:
But I read somewhere here that he’s actually coming down to save himself and not going up.

Anyhow the guy get mind sha. Me that am afraid of height.
I swear which one we go believe now angry angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Factgist: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2019
Top 10 Facts About Pilgrim's Progress The Second Most Influential Christian Book After The Bible
https:///2019/07/top-10-facts-about-pilgrims-progress.html

Top 10 Greatest Men Who Have Ever Lived
https:///2018/11/top-ten-greatest-men-that-ever-lived.html

10 Facts About The Richest American Ever Who Surprisingly Paid Tithes
https:///2019/01/10-facts-about-the-richest-american-ever-who-surprisingly-paid-tithes.html

10 Most Successful Bank Robberies Of All Time
https:///2018/12/10-most-successful-bank-robberies-of-all-time.html

10 Pets That Look Just Like Their Owners(hilarious pics)
https:///2019/01/10-pets-that-look-just-like-their-ownershilarious-pics.html

Top 5 Important Nigerians Who Are Not Recognized
https:///2019/05/top-5-important-nigerians-who-are-not-recognized.html
Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by Gforce2019: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2019
thanta:

Wetin come consign you? Nah your father ?

Eediot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Climbs 19-storey Building To Save His Mother From Fire by digitalman2811(m): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2019
Since the fire is escalating,how will he climb down with his bed ridden mum?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Hot Mother's Birthday On Twitter / I Beat Up My Husband Anytime He Demands Sex – Wife / Funny Questions Kids Ask And Your Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.