Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,503 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Nigerian Minners Trapped! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Minners Trapped! (759 Views)

New CBN Policy On Trapped ATM Cards / Jonathan’s Campaign Team Trapped In Maiduguri / Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Minners Trapped! by Enaholo: 9:56am On Oct 14, 2010
I just Got this,

Last night I dreamt that 33 Nigerian Miners were trapped underground and the govt sent a capsule down to rescue them one after the other, but the rescue had to be called off as the trapped miners could not agree amongst themselves on who goes first. Zoning was suggested but they could not agree on which zone will go first. Eventually in a struggle to all board at the same time, the capsule was damaged leading to the call off.

Oh dear. Sorry it was only a nightmare.

In fact the real problem was that FEC awarded the capsule contract to a 'Godfather' and we are still awaiting delivery 3 mths later. There is a probe going on to unravel this and retrieve the award sum before we get to the issue of what formula to adopt for the rescue and which miner comes out first.

Meanwhile traditional rulers from the miners' towns are paying solidarity visits to the President to thank him for his efforts to rescue the miners.

And the First lady has just invited the wives of the Nigerian miners to Abuja for dinner at the Hilton! The first ladies from the 36 states will also be in attendance. All including the wives of the miners will wear the Goodluck for President Ankara.

CNN reported early this morning that after 10mths underground all the 33 Nigerian miners have died and the Nigerian govt has declared 7 days of mourning during which the Nigerian flag will be flown at half mast.

, Lets Pray for Nigeria,
Re: Nigerian Minners Trapped! by excanny: 10:00am On Oct 14, 2010
This should have been in jokes section.
Re: Nigerian Minners Trapped! by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 14, 2010
so very true, and sad
Re: Nigerian Minners Trapped! by knotty(m): 10:16am On Oct 14, 2010
thumbs up!
Re: Nigerian Minners Trapped! by Kennyblues(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2010
Hilarious wink
Re: Nigerian Minners Trapped! by icare1: 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2010
they are super heros
Re: Nigerian Minners Trapped! by LouisThoru(f): 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2010
If the trapped Chileans were Nigerians, nothing else would have killed them but their shout of EFCC, ICPC, GEJ, IBB, OBJ, INEC, they would probably have killed each other with arguments about which tribe is better, which tribe rules Nigeria better.

For 69 days, what will you have imagined if there were 4 Hausas, 4 Ibos, 4 Yorubas, 4 Efik, 4 Fulanis, 4 Edo people, and 4 4 4 of others? They would have ganged against themselves inside the trap, form organisations, criticise themselves, slap each other with arguments, and lo, they would have been dead in 10 days with arguments.

If they were Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Minners Trapped! by Chxta(m): 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2010
I am one of the most critical Nigerians of my country out there, but even I find this distasteful.
Re: Nigerian Minners Trapped! by snowdrops(m): 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2010
hilarious grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Nigerian Minners Trapped! by july123(m): 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2010
Satire
Re: Nigerian Minners Trapped! by Wumine(f): 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2010
There is some real sense in this! God forbid it happens, it might just play out like this. sad sad sad
Re: Nigerian Minners Trapped! by jason12345: 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2010
i pray it does not happen, but if it does, i hope the current president will not say e be lo ma ku si!!!

(1) (Reply)

Dick Cheney Charged With Bribery, Criminal Conspiracy In Nigeria? / Okonjo-iweala Canvasses Diaspora Strategy To Curb Kidnapping, Others / Jumbo Pay Of The Legislative Arm Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.