Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,484 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck (28385 Views)

Help!! Fungi Is Spoiling My Face And Neck / Persistent Rashes On Skin / Bad Mouth Odour And Persistent Headache. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by ugomnaanny: 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2019
axponline:
Check your pillow. Is it too flat or too bulky. I had this problem a while back. The strain in the neck causes the headaches mostly on the side of the head where the neck aches most. The inability to find a comfortable position that does not cause neck pain could be causing the sleepless restless night.
exactly, I have been having this pains on my head and neck, recently noticed it was my pillow causing it
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by AnanseK(m): 9:27pm On Sep 14, 2019
ssgi4in1:

Thanks for your response. I took 500MG 2 x 2 of the antibiotic for 5 days and eventually stopped after I saw the damage it was doing to me.

I quite agree with your first line. most hospitals are killing us.

Meanwhile, I am looking for solution hence my consulting a neurologist. I will appreciate if you have a solution. Tnx

There are many good Doctors around and you shouldn’t receive treatment on line. Be seen and examined.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by SeniorZato(m): 5:48am On Sep 15, 2019
Ellixlimswag:
was it continuous like for life ?

My brother it was a terrible experience that lasted for over six months without break. I thought I was going to die. As I speak with u am still recovering.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by jacy346(f): 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2019
OiOi:
hiii... Is there any possibility you can get an image of the leaf?
I will travel home next month, I will get the picture for you then.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by matoxy(m): 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2019
My brother let me introduce a supplement to you. Pain and sleepleness will be a thing if history. Its called Releaf Blend CBD Oil. U can get in touch with me on
08183549549. And I promised you, you will testify to it efficacy
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Ellixlimswag(m): 11:59am On Sep 16, 2019
SeniorZato:

My brother it was a terrible experience that lasted for over six months without break. I thought I was going to die. As I speak with u am still recovering.
can I right or call you
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Ellixlimswag(m): 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
buslink:

No.. i did not! But it depends on each individual.
High Blood Pressure is said to be a life long thing, for some people you have to continue the treatment. I think for older people, It used to be 40 & above, but now lot of young people are having high BP. You see people in their early 30's.

In my case, i had to change some things. Stopped taking salt as a whole or minimized in food, Excersing at least 1 hour daily (Get a jump rope if u cant sign up at the gym.. it's easy to skip anywhere anytime), Getting enough sleep.
I had to buy a BP monitor; A small machine used to read blood pressure. I use it to monitor my body 3 times a week.

It has not gone up again since then. If it does, i have to contact the hospital again or start taking drugs again.
It is best to see your doctor for proper reccomendation.
can I call you
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by SeniorZato(m): 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2019
Ellixlimswag:
can I right or call you
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by DonroxyII: 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2019
God helps
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by bendike: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2019
Enge23:
I sent you a message on your signature chat me up let me give you a solution for your HBP
I responded
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by RSS18: 3:45pm On Oct 14, 2019
ssgi4in1:

Thank you very much. I had thought of Occipital Neuralgia as some of the symptoms relate to it. I infact had to stop with the amitriptyline after reading it up because I know how bad it can be. I had visited 4 different hospitals before now and they are supposed good hospitals. They all took my vitals.

I eventually had a video session with my Indian Neurologist, some of my blood samples was taken to Indian and they are all fine. Only God knows how much I have spent all these while.

I will be doing an MRI next week. Hopefully he will be making a definite diagnosis though he mentioned cervical spondylosis when we were talking.

Thanks bro. I really appreciate.

I am experiencing the exact same issues as you for close to a year now. Pain behind the head and neck and after a while developed discomfort in my left eye. The pain is always on the left side then goes up with turning of the neck. After seeing multiple MDs who mostly couldn’t find the issue or told me I’m fine and it’s psychological, did multiple scans(X-rays, CT scans & MRIs of brain and neck), I saw a neurologist who diagnosed occipital neuralgia. He prescribed amitriptyline as well. Those had no effect. Didn’t even improve sleep so I stopped taking them. He suggested a nerve block but I’m scared of injections to the head. I have been researching constantly and have connected it to an issue in the upper cervical spine(neck). I suspect some ligament damage. I also saw an orthopedic doctor who also tried to do the nerve blocks( btw, the blocks are 50K each ). I still haven’t done those as I’ve read online they provide only temporary relief. I’m a software developer so I spend a lot of time on my computer which might explain where the problem may have started. I’m looking into something called an atlas correction but it’s not done here in Nigeria. I’m scared everyday and this has made me depressed. Sleeping has become difficult. It’s hard to find a comfortable position. Most times I wake up multiple times at night. Most times I use sleeping and pain meds to sleep. Maybe we can pool our knowledge together and try to find a solution. Also, what was the result of your consult with the Indian neurologist ? Indian has good health care professionals, I’m hoping you get good relief soon.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by whatagwan(m): 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2019
If you have trouble sleeping you should see a sleep doctor.

There's a clinic in Lagos that handles sleep disorders called Sleep Inc Limited.

You can send me a DM via twitter @ChikeMD and I will be happy to continue the conversation with you.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Chiiamaka: 9:39pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hi @Drberemede I strongly believe so to cause my younger sister of 21 years has the ailment... you can imagine the constant pain she’s going through... The hospital we visited placed her on some codeine drug to relieve the pain.. Hopefully someone out there can share their experience and how well they managed it.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by NwaiwuProgress: 4:18pm On Jan 27, 2020
PrincessJimmy:
Similar thing have happened to me
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Irzara049(f): 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
There is a treatment for it you can get in touch with me with me WhatsApp number on 07037107371

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by edobor108(m): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2020
seanjy4konji:
I t is axiety and this problem is from themind..i suffered from this also since last year..I visited hospital under two months that a file was filled...I started timing the doctors as the old ones wont give me any more drug and i knew i could not sleep..under 10 minutes i am back up sweating.I think a lo and Nigeria problem is one of my own concern...recently i reduced alcohol to the minimum and stopped smoking...i drink water a lot and visited a psychiatrist in Lagos with my younger sister who he told i must leave anything hustle or stress for now and take time to rest,walk around,dont think too much or this would get complicated.

Truly now,i get good sleep,i eat well..before can hardly finish a superpack noddle,neck and back of the head pain is gone,the only time the neck pain comes is after sitting up to work on the laptop and mistakenly hang my neck again for some hours then i feel it coming again and i relax...

Stop thinking too much...my sis told me everything is going to be fine.i should not stress much and live everyday as it comes but just pushing and hoping because nigeria don do me strong thing..i always have reason to fear.what wil happen tomorrow,how will i raise this funds,i will suffer,how am i going to survive,those are the thoughts going through my mind day and night and its beeen there for yers now unknowingly,i am damaging my health...just calm down,drink loads of water,listen to music,stop the medicine...to tell you,i even did hiv text like 5 times every 3 month,blood sugar,fasting blood suger,blood presssure...i get tingling sensation in my feet,sometimes,my legs will just go cold,feet go numb..i get worried...at a point i thought this was the end and maybe someone had casted a spell on me..i was depressed and started hallucinating also..hearing voices at the same time..rubbish thoughts including suicide.thoughts of my younger sister would make me swear for devil again that i will pull through this...not so good...i will enter the shower about 10 times before morning as once i shower,i can manage to get about 10 mins max before something which i dont know wakes me up again.i dont wsh this for anybody i swear.no drugs can cure it..its a phycological thing..depression causes it...you start thinking of different kinds of sicknesses..if mosquito should bite you and you stat scratching it,wahala,if you cough,problem,if you use your hand to sratch the wall and fails to heal quickly,you think is it diabetes...MIND.

i dont feel that way again and somehow someway,i take life simple,hustle for money when i know my energy level is high,walk distance to the bar to watch football,no junk food,less beer,less fuzzy drinks like coke and pepse and dem likes..reduced rice and indomie.have sex two or three times a week...

Another factor is when account balance is going very very low and money slow t enter and some deadlines are ringing tick tock tick tock...it causes sleepless night..ordinary awoof 3 million alert..happy how arrive and sickness will tear race.
thanks brother,i have been passing through this phrase for over a month now,but as i saw this your comment,it have given me hope
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by DeltaBachelor(m): 7:56am On Jan 11, 2021
Enge23:
I sent you a message on your signature chat me up let me give you a solution for your HBP
hello please, can you share the HBP treatment here so others can benefit ? Or better still please send to me as well. My Email is deltabachelor@gmail.com

Thanks and God bless you
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by DeltaBachelor(m): 8:09am On Jan 11, 2021
bixton:

I'll advice you look for person(s) who are into massaging, the native method.
It's the best method to solve your issue if only you can get in touch with someone who knows it.

I don't know where you are resident but I believe you can get a good one within your location.

What's your most likely sleeping position?
Do you use a pillow while sleeping?

Hope you don't have high blood/low blood issues?
But if you do have high blood pressure, I'll recommend simple herbs/fruits you can take for such.
If its low blood pressure, I'll recommend certain fruits to be prepared by you to take.
All available at your reach.
Hi. Please can you recommend fruits and herbs for high blood pressure for me please ?. Thanks and God bless
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by bixton(m): 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
DeltaBachelor:
Hi. Please can you recommend fruits and herbs for high blood pressure for me please ?. Thanks and God bless

Good day.....
Are you certain you have it and how high is it?

I will recommend moringa seed. Max intake is 4 seeds but I recommend only 2 seeds and you observe yourself. You cannot take moringa seed if you have a low BP it is harmful at that point.

Another alternative is get the leaves of shawashop fruit plant, boil it and drink the water like tea.

You can do a combination of water melon fruit and lemon fruit. Eating the white part of the lemon helps too and not just the juice alone.

Any option you choose is okay but you are not expected to do a combination of the 3 methods stated at the same time.

Pick one method and follow. Let me also know which method you choose and how you are responding. Ensure you take sufficient rest and limit salt intakes.
Read your Bible more.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by DeltaBachelor(m): 1:37am On Jan 12, 2021
bixton:

Good day.....
Are you certain you have it and how high is it?

I will recommend moringa seed. Max intake is 4 seeds but I recommend only 2 seeds and you observe yourself. You cannot take moringa seed if you have a low BP it is harmful at that point.

Another alternative is get the leaves of shawashop fruit plant, boil it and drink the water like tea.

You can do a combination of water melon fruit and lemon fruit. Eating the white part of the lemon helps too and not just the juice alone.

Any option you choose is okay but you are not expected to do a combination of the 3 methods stated at the same time.

Pick one method and follow. Let me also know which method you choose and how you are responding. Ensure you take sufficient rest and limit salt intakes.
Read your Bible more.
Thanks and God bless.
Thanks bro. Not me, but my mum. I am trying to get natural cure for it apart from those diuretics being sold in pharmacies.

I will start with the moringa seed and see how it goes .

Thanks once again. I am very grateful. God bless
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by bixton(m): 7:53am On Jan 12, 2021
DeltaBachelor:
Thanks bro. Not me, but my mum. I am trying to get natural cure for it apart from those diuretics being sold in pharmacies.

I will start with the moringa seed and see how it goes .

Thanks once again. I am very grateful. God bless

Okay.
Please never allow her take the moringa seed more than 2 seeds and not an every day thing. It is not for everybody. This 2 seeds should take care of the problem at least even 2 weeks or more. Ensure she has eaten not more than 2 hours pre or post before taking it. Just a caution.

Moringa seed has a flip side. Moringa seed is not and never for any one who has a low BP.

Please adhere to the instructions. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by DeltaBachelor(m): 9:02am On Jan 12, 2021
bixton:

Okay.
Please never allow her take the moringa seed more than 2 seeds and not an every day thing. It is not for everybody. This 2 seeds should take care of the problem at least even 2 weeks or more. Ensure she has eaten not more than 2 hours pre or post before taking it. Just a caution.

Moringa seed has a flip side. Moringa seed is not and never for any one who has a low BP.

Please adhere to the instructions. Thanks and God bless.

Ok sir. I am very grateful

1 Like

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by ssgi4in1(m): 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2021
I haven't updated this thread for a while. I want to thank everyone who have contributed to it.

After almost 3 years, my problem still persist.

Between then and now, I consulted with an Indian Neurologist who diagnosed cervical spondylosis. I did several tests including
CBC, RFT, LFT, CALCIUM, TFT, FASTING BLOOD SUGAR, MRI C - SPINE, B12 LEVEL AND D3 (25OH). The sample for the D3 was taken to india and the whole test cost so much. After the test the doctor prescribed Gabapentin 300mg for a month. It wasn't yielding results.

I consulted with another neurologist who was charging me 30k per consultation and he was only giving me Amitriptyline and b12 , he helped me.

I equally saw so many other doctors. I met one Neurologist recently who diagnosed my condition as an Untreated Urinary Tract Infection- I was like how on earth could that be my problem? I ran several tests as well and she gave me some drugs.... No single improvement.

But I decided on my own to stop taking any pill , so around November 2019 I stopped taking any pill. Between then and now, I have had some good nights and bad nights. I can say my sleep is now 60%. But i still haven't been able to go back to my previous healthy self.

Presently, I still have this pain in the back of my head, neck and my upper back. Sometimes its like there is a firm grip on my front neck, where the neck joins the chest. Its been a whirlwind but i am grateful i am still alive.

I am still open to some suggestions though. I won't rest till I find solution to my problems.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by sulphric(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
ssgi4in1:
Good evening good people. I am hoping I will get some help here.
Pls this will be a bit a long. I beg you to read. So you can understand better.

My problem started last year April (2018). I was diagnosed with typhoid and malaria. I was started on a course of treatment that involves anti malaria and an antibiotics (azithromycin). I noticed the quality of my sleep was dropping after taking the antibiotic for 2 days. My instincts was that it was the medicine. I eventually stopped taking it but by then my sleep have become badly affected. I woke up a Sunday morning after taking some drinks the previous night at a wedding with one severe type of headache ( I started the antibiotics on Thursday, took on Friday and missed it that Saturday) I continued that Sunday morning. So I eventually stopped all medicine and consulted a doctor friend. By then I had gone two nights with little or no sleep. He prescribed some drugs that was meant to induce sleep and even increased the dosage yet I still couldn't sleep.

Meanwhile before then, I am someone who could be called a sleeper. I can sleep at anytime without stress. I even take naps here and there in my office. So it was strange.

I eventually went to some hospitals and their treatment involved giving me sleep medicines and sometimes it could help me get very little amount of sleep and then it will make me feel very groggy and heavily fatigued. By this time a weird sensation have developed in the left side of my back head (this pain doesn't come and go... It is permanent). After spending some huge amounts I wasn't getting relief until I went to a neurologist. He first suspended all the sleep medications and started giving me amitriptyline 5mg every night ( after few days I started feeling better and had some deep sleep) but still the problem wasn't gone ( head pain and stiff neck).

I was paying about 30k monthly at the neurologists. It wasn't sustainable and I eventually stopped and decided to take my fate in my own hands. I eventually stopped taking any medication for sleep last November.

Between then and now, I have had some good nights where I slept very deeply and nights when I struggled. I have gone like 2 weeks without sleep issues. But still the pain in the back of the head and neck still persist.

Just yesterday I went to consult another gp and his diagnosis was that it was the poor sleep that is causing the pain in the head and neck. But I still find it difficult to believe. I will be having a video session with an Indian neurologist tommorow and I hope he will make a different diagnosis.

My coming here is to know if anyone have had an experience with my case and I would like to know how they solved their problem.

I will appreciate any suggestion that will be of help.

Thank you.

I go through something very similar, infact almost alike as mine started as malaria too. Its been 6 months of pain and struggles. We've spent alot of money yet no help. If not for my mother I would have comitted suicide 'cos I've been having alot of those thoughts lately.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by oceanized25(m): 3:58pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hello,sorry about your situation I read through the thread and sad to see that at your last update you were still looking for a solution..how are you now,did something finally work?
A relative of mine is in a similar predicament
ssgi4in1:
I haven't updated this thread for a while. I want to thank everyone who have contributed to it.

After almost 3 years, my problem still persist.

Between then and now, I consulted with an Indian Neurologist who diagnosed cervical spondylosis. I did several tests including
CBC, RFT, LFT, CALCIUM, TFT, FASTING BLOOD SUGAR, MRI C - SPINE, B12 LEVEL AND D3 (25OH). The sample for the D3 was taken to india and the whole test cost so much. After the test the doctor prescribed Gabapentin 300mg for a month. It wasn't yielding results.

I consulted with another neurologist who was charging me 30k per consultation and he was only giving me Amitriptyline and b12 , he helped me.

I equally saw so many other doctors. I met one Neurologist recently who diagnosed my condition as an Untreated Urinary Tract Infection- I was like how on earth could that be my problem? I ran several tests as well and she gave me some drugs.... No single improvement.

But I decided on my own to stop taking any pill , so around November 2019 I stopped taking any pill. Between then and now, I have had some good nights and bad nights. I can say my sleep is now 60%. But i still haven't been able to go back to my previous healthy self.

Presently, I still have this pain in the back of my head, neck and my upper back. Sometimes its like there is a firm grip on my front neck, where the neck joins the chest. Its been a whirlwind but i am grateful i am still alive.

I am still open to some suggestions though. I won't rest till I find solution to my problems.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by ssgi4in1(m): 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
So sad to note you are going through this. Would you like to reach me privately? I can share with you how I have coped.

sulphric:

I go through something very similar, infact almost alike as mine started as malaria too. Its been 6 months of pain and struggles. We've spent alot of money yet no help. If not for my mother I would have comitted suicide 'cos I've been having alot of those thoughts lately.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by ssgi4in1(m): 9:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
Would you like to share what the relative is going through? Is it possible for your relative to contact me?

oceanized25:
Hello,sorry about your situation I read through the thread and sad to see that at your last update you were still looking for a solution..how are you now,did something finally work?
A relative of mine is in a similar predicament
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by diggy41(m): 10:42am On Sep 25, 2022
ssgi4in1:
Would you like to share what the relative is going through? Is it possible for your relative to contact me?

Hi...I have tried to message you before...I guess it didn't go through...have u been able find solutions.
..I am in a similar situation....hardly sleep @ night
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Akposkiz: 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2022
Go and see a doctor in general hospital
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Emipathos(m): 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2022
Hello friends. Insomnia and other related health challenges can be a thing of the past if we are determined to do something about it.
There are so many things that causes insomnia

It can cause dangerous health challenge like HBP etc in our body.

Some people have gone through trial and error methods and didn't get what they want. I have been a victim of other critical health situation. I have actually lost every medical hope. I was just believing in God.

I want to advise here never loose hope. I was introduced to what later helped my situation but I refused initially because of my past experience of what didn't work. I use to say "all of them are the same". I thank God. I was introduced to Chinese herbal capsules that helped greatly.

You can call or chat me up on 08185363189 to direct you.
Akposkiz:
Go and see a doctor in general hospital
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by ssgi4in1(m): 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2022
Hi, I replied your email and sent you my whatsapp line. How are you now?

diggy41:

Hi...I have tried to message you before...I guess it didn't go through...have u been able find solutions.
..I am in a similar situation....hardly sleep @ night
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Derien(f): 10:57am On Nov 18, 2022
You don't need to waste money in hospital or neurologist again.

Inducing sleep might cause side effect in the long run

The solution is here in Africa using African stem cells, it will target the cell causing malfunctioning, repair it, rebuild rejuvenate the cells.

Once you start taking it, you will sleep like a baby.

If you don't see changes in 60 days, you will get your money back with apology.

Check my signature for enquiries

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Records One More COVID-19 Death / 79 Medical Doctors Resign From Kogi Govt Hospitals / Preventing Gas Explosions At Homes And Plants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.