Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,350 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck (28352 Views)

Help!! Fungi Is Spoiling My Face And Neck / Persistent Rashes On Skin / Bad Mouth Odour And Persistent Headache. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by ssgi4in1(m): 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2019
Good evening good people. I am hoping I will get some help here.
Pls this will be a bit a long. I beg you to read. So you can understand better.

My problem started last year April (2018). I was diagnosed with typhoid and malaria. I was started on a course of treatment that involves anti malaria and an antibiotics (azithromycin). I noticed the quality of my sleep was dropping after taking the antibiotic for 2 days. My instincts was that it was the medicine. I eventually stopped taking it but by then my sleep have become badly affected. I woke up a Sunday morning after taking some drinks the previous night at a wedding with one severe type of headache ( I started the antibiotics on Thursday, took on Friday and missed it that Saturday) I continued that Sunday morning. So I eventually stopped all medicine and consulted a doctor friend. By then I had gone two nights with little or no sleep. He prescribed some drugs that was meant to induce sleep and even increased the dosage yet I still couldn't sleep.

Meanwhile before then, I am someone who could be called a sleeper. I can sleep at anytime without stress. I even take naps here and there in my office. So it was strange.

I eventually went to some hospitals and their treatment involved giving me sleep medicines and sometimes it could help me get very little amount of sleep and then it will make me feel very groggy and heavily fatigued. By this time a weird sensation have developed in the left side of my back head (this pain doesn't come and go... It is permanent). After spending some huge amounts I wasn't getting relief until I went to a neurologist. He first suspended all the sleep medications and started giving me amitriptyline 5mg every night ( after few days I started feeling better and had some deep sleep) but still the problem wasn't gone ( head pain and stiff neck).

I was paying about 30k monthly at the neurologists. It wasn't sustainable and I eventually stopped and decided to take my fate in my own hands. I eventually stopped taking any medication for sleep last November.

Between then and now, I have had some good nights where I slept very deeply and nights when I struggled. I have gone like 2 weeks without sleep issues. But still the pain in the back of the head and neck still persist.

Just yesterday I went to consult another gp and his diagnosis was that it was the poor sleep that is causing the pain in the head and neck. But I still find it difficult to believe. I will be having a video session with an Indian neurologist tommorow and I hope he will make a different diagnosis.

My coming here is to know if anyone have had an experience with my case and I would like to know how they solved their problem.

I will appreciate any suggestion that will be of help.

Thank you.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by donpedro11(m): 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2019
ssgi4in1:
@justwise please help me bring this to the front

Lack of adequate sleep can really cause a Hugh problem..
The drinks you had and had to wake up to a nasty headache is just an aftermath (hangover), I Dont know if you have tried herbal methods, if you have not I strongly suggest you contact me in signature below

7 Likes

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by ssgi4in1(m): 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2019
ssgi4in1:
Good evening good people. I am hoping I will get some help here.
Pls this will be a bit a long. I beg you to read. So you can understand better.

My problem started last year April (2018). I was diagnosed with typhoid and malaria. I was started on a course of treatment that involves anti malaria and an antibiotics (azithromycin). I noticed the quality of my sleep was dropping after taking the antibiotic for 2 days. My instincts was that it was the medicine. I eventually stopped taking it but by then my sleep have become badly affected. I woke up a Sunday morning after taking some drinks the previous night at a wedding with one severe type of headache ( I started the antibiotics on Thursday, took on Friday and missed it that Saturday) I continued that Sunday morning. So I eventually stopped all medicine and consulted a doctor friend. By then I had gone two nights with little or no sleep. He prescribed some drugs that was meant to induce sleep and even increased the dosage yet I still couldn't sleep.

Meanwhile before then, I am someone who could be called a sleeper. I can sleep at anytime without stress. I even take naps here and there in my office. So it was strange.

I eventually went to some hospitals and their treatment involved giving me sleep medicines and sometimes it could help me get very little amount of sleep and then it will make me feel very groggy and heavily fatigued. By this time a weird sensation have developed in the left side of my back head (this pain doesn't come and go... It is permanent). After spending some huge amounts I wasn't getting relief until I went to a neurologist. He first suspended all the sleep medications and started giving me amitriptyline 5mg every night ( after few days I started feeling better and had some deep sleep) but still the problem wasn't gone ( head pain and stiff neck).

I was paying about 30k monthly at the neurologists. It wasn't sustainable and I eventually stopped and decided to take my fate in my own hands. I eventually stopped taking any medication for sleep last November.

Between then and now, I have had some good nights where I slept very deeply and nights when I struggled. I have gone like 2 weeks without sleep issues. But still the pain in the back of the head and neck still persist.

Just yesterday I went to consult another gp and his diagnosis was that it was the poor sleep that is causing the pain in the head and neck. But I still find it difficult to believe. I will be having a video session with an Indian neurologist tommorow and I hope he will make a different diagnosis.

My coming here is to know if anyone have had an experience with my case and I would like to know how they solved their problem.

I will appreciate any suggestion that will be of help.

Thank you.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by NAJALYN: 12:38am On Jul 25, 2019
Norland Mebo GI will solve your problem. Please read the Post here

http://lynsnaturalhealth.info/2018/09/15/mebo-gi-product-a-must-have-in-all-homes/
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by ssgi4in1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2019
cc: Lalastica

Pls bring this to front page, I need solution
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by ssgi4in1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by UbanmeUdie: 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
shocked

You have no problem my dear friend.

Just get regular sex and you will start sleeping well. Good sex is the only natural cure for man's headaches.

Good sex induces healthy sleep.

Try this and stop wasting money on a Neurologist. With less than such amount you spend, I am sure you can have a pea on your cock.

50 Likes

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
help a member o
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by CastedAyo: 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
angry

Nawa for mods o

Since July, you ignored.

The guy never find solutions and he had to mention you again before you know say you suppose move m

19 Likes

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by chiboy1116: 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
Go see a doctor please....... Tbh I don't get why people run to nairaland for advice on issues like this, I didn't read through your post( didn't think I had to), but you see a doctor please.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by zuchyblink(m): 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
Check ur blood pressure

27 Likes

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Goldenheart(m): 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
U will be fine
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by ITbomb(m): 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
Na our handiwork

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Nuclear99(m): 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2019
Here looks like a hospital abi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by tellwisdom: 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2019
How can you sleep when you are poor?? sad

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by chiboy1116: 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
Since July ? Omoh nairaland is messed up oh.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Lonewolf98: 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
tellwisdom:
How can you sleep when you are poor?? sad
I guess you must be joking...

27 Likes

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by ZombieTAMER: 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2019
Go see a doctor

Nothing good comes out of this forum

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by DeLioncourt: 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
smoke some weed son.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by naijadrivablog: 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
!!??

Take this IPhone 1-2-3 ParacetaMAX

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Jacqueline22(f): 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
Please just go to the hospital. The comments here ain’t helping at all.

7 Likes

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Jaymoney5000(m): 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
chiboy1116:
Go see a doctor please....... Tbh I don't get why people run to nairaland for advice on issues like this, I didn't read through your post( didn't think I had to), but you see a doctor please.

Can't you read or what?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
Try to take ginger garlic drink... It is a great combo for pains. The pain might be as a result of muscle spasm. Read it up and see if it corresponds with what’s wrong with you.

12 Likes

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by adontcare(f): 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
I will advice u to stop worrying too much. Do some exercise. Eat lots of fruits, drink water often and rest from activities that will hamper ur sleep. Also if u want to, I have a supplement for u that will repair cells in ur system. It will fix any damaged cells and rejuvenate it. If u r intersted lemme know

12 Likes

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by socialmediaman: 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by mistacoco2: 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
Am having the same issue right now.. but will advice you to check your blood pressure.

14 Likes

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( / Fastest Way To Lose Weight? / Nigeria Man Share His 2023 Weight Loss Achievement (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.