Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Learn How To Make A Living Blogging as a corper - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Learn How To Make A Living Blogging as a corper (524 Views)

NYSC: The Best Place Of Primary Assignment For A Corper In Nigeria? / Tall Male Corper & A Short Female Corper: "When Goliath Finally Meets David" / Busty Female Corper Set The Media Ablaze With Eye-popping Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn How To Make A Living Blogging as a corper by Askgloria(f): 7:03am On Jul 24, 2019
Hi, my name is Gloria. Im a full time blogger and a digital marketer. I will teach you everything you need to know about blogging and making money from your blog.

if you wish to join my group on whatsapp and telegram check my signature (profile) and contact me.

WHAT YOU WILL LEARN

1. What is a Blog
2. Why people blog
3. Reason you should start your own blog
4. How your blog can help you grow you business
5. Intresting facts about blogging
6. How to choose a niche for your blog
7. How to promote and increse your blog traffic
8. How to make money with your blog.
9. How to make 50k - 100k monthly with Google Adsense , Ng advert, Afriadvert and propellerads as SIDE INCOME among others
10. Why you should see your blog as a business.
11. List of successful bloggers
12. How to sell other people's product and services on your blog.

[/b] I believe most people here are corpers and definitely need a side income. Well this is for you. Take this lecture seriously[b]

LECTURE ONE

What is a BLOG*

*A blog is a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style*

*Blog is very similar to a website. I would say that blog is a diary/journal that is (mostly) maintained by one person – blogger .

Usually, blogs are being updated quite often (once a day, once a week, once a month). Blogs can be private, but most of them are available on the internet for others to see.
Blogs have certain topics. My blog’s topic is “blogging” and “how to start one” – I’m helping beginners to start a blog, get more visitors and much more… BUT, it can also have several other topics. Bloggers are usually passionate about a specific topic thus they’ll create one*

Blogs (and blog posts) can be shared on social networks (Twitter, FaceBook, Google+) and people can leave comments under the blog posts in order to start meaningful conversations.
Blogs can have a LOT of visitors. When your blog has enough posts and it starts to become popular, you’ll start receiving traffic from other sites, social networks and even from search engines.

*Definitions that are tied with a blog*

*Blog* – an online journal/diary that is available on the Internet.

*Blogger*– an individual who is the blog owner. Person who keeps the blog alive (posting new posts, sharing latest news, information, case-studies, opinions etc…)

*Blog Post*– An article or writing that is inside the blog. For example, the article you are currently reading is a “blog post” that is wrote for my blog.

*Blog*– to start a blog, to keep a blog, to find a blog – I’m going to find a blog about health and fitness.

*Blogging*– the action of maintaining/writing a blog – While blogging, I’m able to share information that I feel is important, helpful or interesting for others

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Learn How To Make A Living Blogging as a corper by Askgloria(f): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2019
LECTURE TW0*

*WHY DO PEOPLE BLOG?*

*A) To express themselves*

B) *To delivery valuable information and news to other people on the internet*

*C) To make money (Yes, some people are making a lot of money with blogging)*

*D) Self-promotion*

*E) To connect with like-minded people*

*F) To gain knowledge*

*G) To find a better job*

*H) To improve writing skills*
Re: Learn How To Make A Living Blogging as a corper by Askgloria(f): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2019
LECTURE THREE*

*REASONS YOU SHOULD START YOUR OWN BLOG*

*Self-promotion and New Opportunities*

When you have a blog you basically have a “tool” or a “channel” to promote yourself or make you look like an expert. You’ll be amazed how many people start to respect you and I know many cases when employers actually contact blog owner directly to offer working positions or joint venture opportunity. *This will open you a lot of doors that you might have not been aware or dreamed of*

*Use Blogs To Stay in Touch*

Active people tend to have less time to sit on Facebook or any other social “chat-room”. Again, *blog can help you to keep in touch with your friends colleagues and relatives* They can easily read everything about your activities, ideas and success through your blog. Be wise and use this as a
communication tool .

*You Can Make the World a Better Place*

When you have a blog, you actually have a voice. This means you can spread out all the things you like or don’t like. And those things can help you to change the world.
You have probably seen some blog articles or posts that have gone viral through Twitter and/or Facebook. Once they do that, they will get a lot of attention. Here’s an example story how two young girls launched a blog post that helped to change their school conditions. For your information, they were only 9 and 13 at that time.

*Blog Can Help To Grow Your Business*

Does your company have a blog? If not, then you are missing a lot of it. Blogs can impart a lot of things about your company.
For example, your potential clients can read interesting stories about your company success, ideas, strategies and even new products that might turn them into regular paying customers. That’s a huge opportunity that lot a of small and big firms are not using.
Furthermore, companies who blog have 97% more inbound links (which means more traffic and visitors).

*Blogging Can Become Your Hobby*

If you have too much free time and you are constantly browsing on the Web then you should really consider starting a blog.
You will soon get addicted to it (in a good way) and you will start learning a lot of things. So if you are bored right now then what are you waiting for? You will get a lot of good and new experiences, there is nothing to lose as a blogger.

*You Can Make Money with Blogging*

You must have been heard or seen people who are making a lot of money by just blogging. Yes, it’s possible to
monetize your blog . It takes time, but once you have enough readers you will start making some small, yet passive income. When time goes by, your traffic numbers will increase as well as the income. *many people earn their living from blogging.* including *me*

*Blogging Helps Other People*

You can spread your information and knowledge through blogging. you can even help other people with specific problems. Let’s say you have blog about “mother care”. There are many women out there who are looking for help/solutions/ideas to raise up their children. Your knowledge or advice could be essential and very helpful.
The same thing goes with any other blog topic. EVERY blog helps other people in their own way. I remember when I started to get emails saying “Thanks for providing such valuable information”. It was very heart-warming and I still remember the feeling! There is this feeling when you help someone solve a problem.

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Make A Living Blogging as a corper by Askgloria(f): 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
LECTURE FOUR*

*HOW YOUR BLOG CAN HELP YOU GROW YOUR BUSIENSS*

Blog Can Help to Grow Your Business

Does your company have a blog? If not, then you are missing a lot of it. Blogs can impart a lot of things about your company.
For example, your potential clients can read interesting stories about your company success, ideas, strategies and even new products that might turn them into regular paying customers. That’s a huge opportunity that lot a of small and big firms are not using.
Furthermore, companies who blog have 97% more inbound links (which means more traffic and visitors).

1. As a business owner if you sell goods or service , you can create a blog and talk about your services and products to people who visit your site. Almost everyone has an andriod phone and ofcourse 88% of people are always online. This give you an edge to sell more.
2. People tend to take companies or Businesses serious when it has a blog (an online presence)
3. As a business person you have an opportunity to connect with people allover the world through your blog. People in US, LONDON, CANADA can visit your blog and evem show interest in your business.

*Its very important to have a blog if you are a Business person so you can drive sales online and make more money. You can sell anything on your blog*

*LECTURE FIVE*

*Some interesting facts about blogging*

There are approximately 130 million activse blog readers in Nigeria right now.

90% of companies who blog daily have acquired at least one customer (probably much more) through blogging.

80% of the Nigerian online consumers trust the information they get from blogs.

61% of Nigerian online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.

Blogging is most popular in age group of 20 – 35 year old. It’s over 50% of the total blogging population.

*LECTURE SIX*

*HOW TO CHOOSE A NICHE FOR YOUR BLOG?*

This can either be the easiest or the hardest part of starting your blog.
The most important thing at this stage is to choose a niche to own and call yourself an authority in – the biggest mistake new bloggers make in such a crowded blogosphere is to start a blog without trying to do something interesting or offering readers something different.
For example, if fashion is your thing, rather than become a run-of-the-mill fashion blogger, why not combine your love for fashion with your big-hearted concern for the environment by creating a blog that focuses on environmentally-conscious clothing instead?

There are literally millions of bloggers out there covering pretty much every topic - your challenge is to find something original!

The worst thing you can do is a "Oh hey, this is my blog and I'm gonna tell you about things I like". Unfortunately, readers of your blog aren't really interested in who you are (well, not yet anyway); they want to know what you can offer them that will make them more knowledgeable/better dressed/better at life/a better cook etc.
But that's all easier said than done. To get you started, here are a few of our top tips for finding your niche if you're struggling:

*Look at other blogs* - This should be your first port of call. What is most popular? But, more importantly, what's missing? Find the gaps in the market that no one else is covering.

*Use Google* - What are people searching for? Use Google suggested searches and auto-complete to explore certain topics and what kind of information people are looking for - if they're searching for it, that shows there's a demand.

*Search forums for common FAQs*- Forums are the places people go when they can't find the answer to their questions anywhere else. What are people asking? What do they need advice/help on? This will show what people are interested in and what there's a lack of available information on.

*Track current trends* - What stuff is in the media right now? It's good to pick a topic with longevity (you don't want something that will fall out of fashion), but if you can piggy-back on a trend early on, you can quickly establish yourself as an expert on it before anyone else.

*Think about different types of content* - Could you do tutorials/how-to guides? Reviews? Interviews? Lists? It might not be what you write about, but how you write about that sets you apart.

*Identify your own interests and passions* - While all of the above are important, there's no point in deciding to write a blog about something you have zero interest in. You'll quickly get bored and people will spot your lack of enthusiasm. Make sure you're writing about something you actually care about.
Re: Learn How To Make A Living Blogging as a corper by Askgloria(f): 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2019
OUR SERVICES

Re: Learn How To Make A Living Blogging as a corper by Askgloria(f): 10:36pm On Jul 24, 2019
If you're a blogger or thinking of starting a blog. Contact me for free Training. Check my profile for my signature
Re: Learn How To Make A Living Blogging as a corper by Maniagist1: 4:42pm On May 25, 2020
I will love to contact you for more info

(1) (Reply)

Relocation!! Relocation!!! Batch C Stream 1 / NYSC Members, Rejoice On Social Media Over 33K Newly Allawee / What Medical Report Do I Need In Order To Not Complete My Days In Camp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.