Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman (58831 Views)

Is The Omu Anioma The Only Female Throne In Igbo Land? / Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni’s Wife, Prophesied Her Reign As Queen Over A Year Ago? / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by bknight: 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2019
amaniro:

All some bullshit. They are igbos

Suit yourself.

And mind your language, no need for cussing
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Eastlink(m): 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2019
Elemosho478:

The Olukumi people are Yoruba

Cry more Harder cheesy
Check up the edited version and celebrate the family reunion.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Anambra has no Benin among them.

Igalas have been fully igbonized.

carry your whack history and remain in Enugu.

moreover Enugu is Igala, hausa, Idoma even Tiv.

Real igbos are minority there.

Good you acknoledged that igalas in anambra has been igbonized and again history has it that Onitsha people migrated from Benin kingdom to their current settlement after crossing Onicha ugbo and other areas in the western igbo territory .you can aswell say they are not igbos.smh
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Elemosho478: 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:
I believe celebrations are ongoing in all Yoruba towns and forums. grin Enough Eyan, Amala, Gbegiri and Ewedu with fresh palm wine will be used to celebrate a family reunion of the Olukumi to the Yoruba fold. Kunle and Saheedi must be jubilating now. This celebration go bad gan.
But please, did the Olukumi tell you they are Yoruba's? Olukumi is Olukumi, Yoruba is Yoruba.
I don't know why you Yoruba's like attaching yourselves to the Igbo's. If it's not marrying Igbo wives, na to come rewrite Omo Igbo history.
The other day it was Ooni telling the world that Ile-Ife is is the origin of the Igbos. Today, the Yoruba's are trying all means possible to deep their hands into Igbo territories. Despites all the affiliations, have the Igbo's at any time drag all the Igbo sounding towns in Yoruba land? Why can't you guys allow us be for once. The Olukumi's you're carrying their matter for head like gala no even send una work. To them, the Yoruba's are another tribe who dislikes their people and who helped commit genocide against them during the civil war.
Olukumi's are not Yoruba's! Go find your brothers in Benin republic and the North Central. The Olukumi's are part and parcel of Igboland.

Olukumi people agreed to their Yorubaness when they claimed they migrated from Ondo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I wonder why u guys won't talk of your state but busy pointing to others.

This is pure you people have full given out your daughters in marriage to hausa fulani, benue state, taraba, plateau and even your men have married from this same places in uncountable numbers....

So you guys are now desperate to muzzle everybody into one stupid history...
is won't work but with that whack language been spoken in Enugu...

Real and pure breed of igbos without mix blood, we must always resist the stupid infiltrations.

Osagefo enjoy ur isi mgbaka grin grin, I won't restrict u.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

No Sir.

We aren't similar

grin grin E pain am! You better calm down make u no go kee yasef with hbd...if you die now, I go type RIP for you for this NL. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Bros no vex o! wetin d guy do u?

No mind am...him body no carry even small joke... grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2019
olisaokere:

Good you acknoledged that igalas in anambra has been igbonized and again history has it that Onitsha people migrated from Benin kingdom to their current settlement after crossing Onicha ugbo and other areas in the western igbo territory .you can aswell say they are not igbos.smh

please and please, I don't bundle myself in Anioma issue... I don't.

Any single entity in anambra are igbos...QED...no Benin there.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Osagefo enjoy ur isi mgbaka grin grin, I won't restrict u.

Truth is a great weapon.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

please and please, I don't bundle myself in Anioma issue... I don't.

Any single entity in anambra are igbos...QED...no Benin there.

Please don’t dabble into what you don’t know next time
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Emilokoiyawon: 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Truth is a great weapon.

Guy, I have no dog in this fight but you do realize that Onitsha was founded by an Oba of Bini?
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Truth is a great weapon.

Yea, truth like u are that lunatic called Osagefoh grin grin
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Emilokoiyawon: 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2019
At the end of the day, I am full blooded Yoruba but Igbos are my brothers and sisters. After u na finish u na e-war make we all gather go joint go eat amala and ewedu with nkwobi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2019
olisaokere:

Please don’t dabble into what you don’t know next time
Anioma has stated they are not Igbos and that's what I hold.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Yea, truth like u are that lunatic called Osagefoh grin grin

Who is osagefoh?
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:

Guy, I have no dog in this fight but you do realize that Onitsha was founded by an Oba of Bini?

I will demean by knowledge giving u audience to this rascality called question.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:
At the end of the day, I am full blooded Yoruba but Igbos are my brothers and sisters. After u na finish u na e-war make we all gather go joint go eat amala and ewedu with nkwobi.

I have said it. Igbos are Yoruba's cultural grandchildren. And we love our grandchildren. Only Yorubas have the right to insult Igbos in this Nigeria. Any other tribe that wants to fight Igbos MUST take permission from us. Igbo kwenu! Igbo kwenu!! Igbo kwezu nu!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Emilokoiyawon: 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I will demean by knowledge giving u audience to this rascality called question.

Are you okay? So asking a simple question is now a crime on Nairaland? I thought you are matured.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Emilokoiyawon: 8:57pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

I have said it. Igbos are Yoruba's cultural grandchildren. And we love our grandchildren. Only Yorubas have the right to insult Igbos in this Nigeria. Any other tribe that wants to fight Igbos MUST take permission from us. Igbo kwenu! Igbo kwenu!! Igbo kwezu nu!!!

Igbos are nobody's grandchildren. The truth is Yoruba, Igbo and Igala all come from the same parents. But because of politics, we don't discuss this. The day Igbos and Yorubas unite in this country, is the day our inefficient political system will fall jagbata.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by YungMillionaire: 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

No mind am...him body no carry even small joke... grin grin grin

him body no carry am! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Who is osagefoh?

U
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by YungMillionaire: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:

Igbos are nobody's grandchildren. The truth is Yoruba, Igbo and Igala all come from the same parents. But because of politics, we don't discuss this. The day Igbos and Yorubas unite in this country, is the day our inefficient political system will fall jagbata.

Honestly, I have said the same. Imagine a Nigeria with a united Yoruba and Igbo? Wow! That would be something. That is the biggest threat to Northern hegemony.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:

Lolzzzzzz....

This one strong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by kruzyempire(m): 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
It’s like u are on free mode
JubrinElSudan:
All these things and no picture of the woman?
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

U
baseless and unfounded accusations.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Baroba(m): 9:05pm On Jul 27, 2019
Powerful queen, Omu na ebuzọ na Nkwu!!.. I still remember her speech at Enugu during the four year anniversary of Alaigbo Development Foundation..

I just love this woman, highly articulate and very bold.

She can be whatever you clowns want her to be, but to me she speaks and represents my culture.. That's all am interested in..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tntxouV2JpM

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Anioma has stated they are not Igbos and that's what I hold.

Na you sabi
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
olisaokere:

Na you sabi
Not from me but from them..
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by YungMillionaire: 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:

I remember hearing Igala for the first time. I thought they were speaking another Yoruba dialect. Ignorance and politics are destroying Nigeria.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by YungMillionaire: 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

grin grin This ur mouth eh, na like uzi machine gun...bullet no dey finish grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by JubrinElSudan: 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2019
kruzyempire:
It’s like u are on free mode
There was no picture when I posted that
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Neddyogu(m): 9:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
fowlyansh181:
Forget all this culture rubbish, isn’t this still lesbianism practice with style?

Nope. Lesbianism is a sexual relationship. This type of marriage is not sexual as the aim is the production of heirs (which is impossible with a sexual lesbian relationship). The woman dat would be married is free to get pregnant by any man she chooses ( in some cases, d men are unaware of d pregnancy) the resulting offspring is considered to be a bona fide son or daughter of the woman who "married" the maiden (in this case, the Omu).such children are accorded all due rights and privileges as any other freeborn of d community.

Note that any woman may "marry" another woman to bear sons for her. This happens where a woman is widowed without a male child and she wants a son to carry on her late husband's estate and name. ( This is more common amongst post-menopausal women who cannot remarry). Many communities like Onitsha, Oba etc practice this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Welcome To The Village Where They Drink The Same Water With Goats (PHOTO) / Princess Adeola, Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Yoruba Names/Oriki For God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.