Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman (58825 Views)

Is The Omu Anioma The Only Female Throne In Igbo Land? / Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni’s Wife, Prophesied Her Reign As Queen Over A Year Ago? / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by centboy123456(m): 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
oyatz:
The Anioma People are a fusion of People's from Bini,Nri(Igbo), Igala and few from Yoruba (Olukumi)

bro I never know this I thought Anioma all of them came from igbo am from full bron anioma boy

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by centboy123456(m): 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Is a taboo for a woman to rule on igboland while the men are still there.

Aruuu

Dem no be igbos

who told you so am from Anioma and I have my igbo name we speak igbo but our own is different
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by centboy123456(m): 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2019
selemempe:
thats not true...1st of all there is nothing like anioma in the real sense...anio is an accroynm for aniocha, ndokwa, ika and oshimiri local govts of delta. The aniocha and oshimiri are pure 100% igbo...ika and ndokwa are mixed

where did you get this bro ika is not mix get ur facts right pls ika are the real igbo
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by centboy123456(m): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2019
bknight:

The Anioma people have a rather complex origin. The language may sound ‘Igbo’, the methods of their traditions have semblance with that of the Bini. Royalty inclusive.

There are also strong ties/ indications of traces of Igala. Even though I am yet to understand that ‘Igala’ part.

Not very correct to call them Igbos. They don’t even identify themselves as such

where did u get this from are u from Anioma pls say what u know before u say anything am from anioma and I have my igbo name so say what u know we are igbo
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by centboy123456(m): 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lovelyn451:
I wantu know how Yoruba enter Anioma...I'm shooked

Olukunmis are Yoruba descendants in the heart of Anioma. This has never been debatable.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by centboy123456(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2019
olisaokere:

ANIOMA IS NOT AN ETHNIC GROUP.INCASE YOU DONT KNOW.THE WORD ANIOMA IS A COINAGE USED TO IDENTIFY OR SEPARATE THE IGBO PEOPLE OF DELTA STATE FROM THE OTHER ETHNIC GROUPS IN SAME DELTA STATE WHICH INCLUDES IJAWS,ITSEKIRIS AND THE REST.THE TERM ANIOMA WAS DERIVED FROM THE LOCAL GOVERNMENTS THAT COMPRISES OF THE IGBO PEOPLE IN DELTA STATE KNOWN ALSO AS DELTA NORTH AND THESE LOCAL GOVERNMENTS INCLUDE ANIOCHA,NDOKWA,IKA,OSHIMILI AND THE 'OMA' ADDED TO IT TO MAKE IT SOUND MEANINGFUL AND IN OTHER WORDS A.N.I.O.M.A MEANING GOOD LAND IN IGBO LANGUAGE.ONLY THE MISCHIEF MAKERS WILL COME TO TELL YOU THAT ANIOMA IS AN ETHNIC GROUP.THAT IS A TOTAL LIE.I AM PROUDLY OGWASHI UKWU,IN ANIOCHA SOUTH OF DELTA STATE AND PROUDLY IGBO MAN.

God bless you sir am from lka and am full igbo man

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by centboy123456(m): 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2019
ochiosa:
Don't feed the public with wrong information, the omu is an Oshimili and may be Aniocha title and not for the whole of Anioma, The Ikas and Ndokwas that occupies 5 local government areas of Delta State does not know or have anything to do with Omu title. It's strictly an Asaba/ Okpanam thing.

you are right bro but we are all anioma people
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by centboy123456(m): 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Arochukwu in Abia state have efik n Ibibio as part of them.
Enugu state have Igala, idoma n Bini among dem.
Anambra state has Bini n Igala among dem.
Ebonyi state have Efik among dem too.
The list is endless

never hear about it can you show me a prove
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by bknight: 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
centboy123456:

where did u get this from are u from Anioma pls say what u know before u say anything am from anioma and I have my igbo name so say what u know we are igbo

If you have to quote anyone who did not mention you directly, make sure to address whatever the issue is, with points.

You have only succeeded in telling me you have an ‘Igbo’ name.

Ok, I’ve heard.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by centboy123456(m): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2019
bknight:

If you have to quote anyone who did not mention you directly, make sure to address whatever the issue is, with points.

You have only succeeded in telling me you have an ‘Igbo’ name.

Ok, I’ve heard.

we speak igbo but our igbo is different fromd east that it but we are all igbo

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Ubenedictus(m): 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
pinkPUSSY:

Julismma Aka Osagyfo,You are the one that didn't read the content of what you posted.. Saying that Anioma is an ethnic group is like saying that Onisha or Nnewi is an ethnic group.
Anioma is a name given to Igbo speaking part of Delta State, Delta North to be precise by Chief Osadebe in 70's.
Anioma is not an ethnic group..
They are Igbos. Go and tell Ngozi Okonjo Iweala that she's not Igbo or Chuzie family..( The Biafran war commander) that they are not Igbos..

Stop chasing shadow by thinking you can divide Igbos simply because some fell into SS extraction.
This is your mission on nairaland with your numerous monikers. You opened this thread not because of the content of the news, but you opened it continue your failed game

@ the topic.. the thread is not about promoting lesibianism like some people are thinking due to headline ... It's about ensuring the continuation of a linage
The chief family in Owa Oyinbo is named ISIBOR, which is a Benin name.

Anioma has a lot of different mixture
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
centboy123456:

Never heard about what?
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
centboy123456:

Never heard about what exactly?
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 6:23pm On Jul 28, 2019
centboy123456:

Even in the east,some Igbo languages are different but still igbo language..compare ohafia igbo (abia state)and ohaji egbema igbo (Imo state)..just dialect difference but still igbo.same applies to western igbo which is very much similar to the igbo spoken in Anambra State like in Onitsha and Ogbaru

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2019
centboy123456:

Anioma is igbo and igbo is Anioma and do you think
igbo is only in the five east state no we have igbo is some states too note before you say anything am from anioma and I have my own igbo name so we are all igbo

Seriously.....

I doubt
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 29, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I doubt of u read this interview.

They are Anioma ethnic group.

Is now clear than over 94 percent of nairaland so only reads headline

Igbo Amaka, jare. Anioma is an Igbo nation. Gerrit?
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 29, 2019
centboy123456:

Whether Anioma or Aniocha, all na Igbo.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by jagbajantus: 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
It is correct that Olukunmi is a well-recognized and spoken dialect in some communities in the Anioma area of Delta State. And it is true that the language of Olukunmi is laden with Yoruba. However, you have left out some essential facts, i.e. some towns and communities on your list. This is why I tell people that it is never a good idea to depend solely on everything that you see on Wikipedia or to just simply copy and paste whatever you see on the internet and consider it as the absolute fact. You have to do a little more fact-finding or your own independent research.

Apart from the Ezechime, there is also the Odiani Clan which you clearly did NOT mention. The town of Ugbodu belongs to the latter, as well as other towns that you did not mention, such as Ukwu-nzu, where the Olukunmi dialect is spoken regularly. The town of Ugboba is also in the Odiani clan although a dialect of Igbo and NOT Olukunmi is primarily spoken in Ugboba.

The area referred to as Anioma in Delta State is a confluence, a conglomerate and a convergence of various Nigerian cultures and languages. No one group in any part of Nigeria can make a singular or absolute claim to the Anioma area. Regardless of the dialects spoken, Anioma people have a fusion or blend of many cultures and traditions in common.
Elemosho478:
Olukumi people are also in Anioma
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2019
amaniro:

Fine. I agree, it's beautiful though igbo and Yoruba In one place.

On this, I agree with u.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Revolva(m): 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
Elemosho478:

See that Wikipedia is wrong

Olukumi people are people who are of igala ancestry that settled in Yoruba loong ago and later resettled in present delta so it makes them to look like as they are from Yoruba originally

That world (olukumi ) is an igala word onukumi meaning my friend so it was currupted when they went to settle in Yoruba land to olukumi ok

This story is deep oo but anyway he who knows knows
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Revolva(m): 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2019
Elemosho478:

See that Wikipedia is wrong

Olukumi people are people who are of igala ancestry that settled in Yoruba loong ago and later resettled in present delta so it makes them to look like as they are from Yoruba originally

That world (olukumi ) is an igala word onukumi meaning my friend so it was currupted when they went to settle in Yoruba land to olukumi ok

This story is deep oo but anyway he who knows knows

Cos there is a.masquarade called egwu afia that is part of their festival and only igalas and igbos have those masquerade so how did d Yoruba origin came from and when

Cos am sure no where in Yoruba land egwu afia masquerade is practice
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by 1shortblackboy: 12:05am On Oct 17, 2019
pinkPUSSY:

Julismma Aka Osagyfo,You are the one that didn't read the content of what you posted.. Saying that Anioma is an ethnic group is like saying that Onisha or Nnewi is an ethnic group.
Anioma is a name given to Igbo speaking part of Delta State, Delta North to be precise by Chief Osadebe in 70's.
Anioma is not an ethnic group..
They are Igbos. Go and tell Ngozi Okonjo Iweala that she's not Igbo or Chuzie family..( The Biafran war commander) that they are not Igbos..

Stop chasing shadow by thinking you can divide Igbos simply because some fell into SS extraction.
This is your mission on nairaland with your numerous monikers. You opened this thread not because of the content of the news, but you opened it continue your failed game

@ the topic.. the thread is not about promoting lesibianism like some people are thinking due to headline ... It's about ensuring the continuation of a linage
but the Omu herself said the Anioma people came from different places like igala, Benin, and Nri. she said they're a distinct ethnic group and they want recognition and the creation of Anioma state. so you're the one that didnt read the post except you are saying you disagree with the Omu
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by bigfrancis21: 3:09am On Oct 17, 2019
jagbajantus:
It is correct that Olukunmi is a well-recognized and spoken dialect in some communities in the Anioma area of Delta State. And it is true that the language of Olukunmi is laden with Yoruba. However, you have left out some essential facts, i.e. some towns and communities on your list. This is why I tell people that it is never a good idea to depend solely on everything that you see on Wikipedia or to just simply copy and paste whatever you see on the internet and consider it as the absolute fact. You have to do a little more fact-finding or your own independent research.

Apart from the Ezechime, there is also the Odiani Clan which you clearly did NOT mention. The town of Ugbodu belongs to the latter, as well as other towns that you did not mention, such as Ukwu-nzu, where the Olukunmi dialect is spoken regularly. The town of Ugboba is also in the Odiani clan although a dialect of Igbo and NOT Olukunmi is primarily spoken in Ugboba.

The area referred to as Anioma in Delta State is a confluence, a conglomerate and a convergence of various Nigerian cultures and languages. No one group in any part of Nigeria can make a singular or absolute claim to the Anioma area. Regardless of the dialects spoken, Anioma people have a fusion or blend of many cultures and traditions in common.

How do minority foreign settlers within a majority language group change the identity of the area? It is just like saying that Britain is no longer an English (ethnic English, not as in language) country because today it is a conglomerate of different races and people from all over the country.

The fact that the Igbo language in Anioma is still the de facto native language of 98% Aniomas (including the Odiani people) clearly shows the majority people in the area. Ugbodu and Ukwu Nzu retained Olukumi primarily because of their location on the boundary of Anioma land with Edo state, and thus received the least acculturation compared to the other 4 Odiani villages that are entirely Igbo speaking.

The presence of about 10 to 15% settlers in Anioma who have mostly been absorbed should not change the original identity of Anioma land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Welcome To The Village Where They Drink The Same Water With Goats (PHOTO) / Princess Adeola, Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Yoruba Names/Oriki For God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.