Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

My Daughter Is 3 Years Old And I'm A Teen Mom. Is It Wrong To Think This Way? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Daughter Is 3 Years Old And I'm A Teen Mom. Is It Wrong To Think This Way? (716 Views)

Elon Musk's Transgender Daughter Is Changing Her Name To DITCH Musk / Man Finds Out His Daughter Is Not His Child After Taking DNA Test / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Daughter Is 3 Years Old And I'm A Teen Mom. Is It Wrong To Think This Way? by crackclap: 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
My daughter is 3 years old and I'm a teen mom. Is it wrong that I think of giving her up for adoption so she can have a better life?

I had my daughter when I was 16. Her father was abusive my whole pregnancy. He was also 11 years older than me. I didn't come from a good home or have parents to protect me. My mom was a heavy drug user. My dad not in the picture.

I dropped out of school at 15 and got a job. Ended up meeting someone and getting pregnant. Thought I was in love. Turned out I didn't know anything. When I found out I was pregnant I was scared, lonely, and angry. I thought about abortion but didn't really believe in that. I knew I would get through whatever life threw my way.

I was stronger than I ever imagined. The day I gave birth I was alone. Just the nursing staff and doctor. No family, no babies father. I got a phone call from him hours after she was born. He had been arrested for a warrant I didn't even know he had. After being discharged and going back to our apartment I got a bigger surprise.

There was an eviction notice on my door. I had worked up until my due date. I had always given him the money to pay our rent. He had blown it on God knows what. So when my daughter was 6 days old the police station sent 2 sherriff deputies and they began putting my stuff out on the street. Luckily I had a few friends and managed to stay with them.

I lost most of my belongings... But I felt a fierce need to protect my daughter. I had lost everything, but I knew I still had some fight left in me. I worked random fast food jobs until i was 21. I found a nice home daycare that was flexible on hours and affordable. I worked 2 jobs most of the time. I barely spent time with my daughter.

She spent a lot of time at daycare. But the moments I did spend with her made it worth it. The hugs, her laughs, reading to her and playing with her. Having her say "I love you mommy". My life was definitely not easy. But I had this amazing little creature that I had created that depended on me and I knew I could not let her down.

I went to night school and got my high school diploma. One of the girls I worked with at Taco Bell had gone back to school to be a medical assistant. After graduating she left and was making a lot more money. I decided to do the same thing. I spent 10 months in school. Got a lot of grants because I was a single mom.

What I didn't get in grants I took out loans for. I went to school and did an externship and had a full-time job just to stay afloat. I graduated at the top of my class. I got a great job at a nearby hospital. I eventually was able to move out of my friends house. My life slowly begin to have routine and normalcy.

I worked as a medical assistant for a few years and decided to go back and get my nursing degree. After doing that I felt so accomplished. The thing that made it the sweetest of all was having my daughter there by my side through everything. Just finished paying off all of my student loans last year. Everything has come full circle for me.

I know you were looking for probably a much shorter answer. I wanted to tell you my story. That way you know that the things that seem impossible now are just one day away from becoming possible.

Don't give up hope. If you love your little girl and she loves you then do whatever you can to keep her in your life. Fight for your child and never stop fighting. My daughter turned 18 in December. She is amazing.

She's a senior graduating at the top of her class with straight A's. Her and I are best friends. My life was not easy, but I would do it over again and again as long as I got to raise my little girl and see her turn into the beautiful young woman she is today. I wish you luck in whatever you decide.

Don't make emotional decisions. Weigh all of your options. Wrap your arms around your little girl and tell her you love her and that you always will. No matter what you decide.

Related - My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. - https://www.nairaland.com/5325774/14-year-old-daughter-admitted-me-shes

Re: My Daughter Is 3 Years Old And I'm A Teen Mom. Is It Wrong To Think This Way? by agarawu23(m): 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2019
Meaningless
No message sad
Re: My Daughter Is 3 Years Old And I'm A Teen Mom. Is It Wrong To Think This Way? by bukatyne(f): 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2019
Fantastic story.

Would renew hope in someone else.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Is 3 Years Old And I'm A Teen Mom. Is It Wrong To Think This Way? by sonofspada(m): 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2019
U Don born be say u don born

Deal with it
Re: My Daughter Is 3 Years Old And I'm A Teen Mom. Is It Wrong To Think This Way? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 28, 2019
The story would have been diffrent if it was in naija.

(1) (Reply)

. / How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Personal Lawyer In Nigeria? / Outcome Of Revealing Things: Real Or A Coincidence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.