Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues (9386 Views)

Foundation Takes Succour To Senior Citizens In Cyprus, To Offer Free Health Care / Baby In Pains As Her Head Continues To Swell Due To Medical Condition. Photos / Woman Dies After Consuming Herbal Drugs She Bought To Lighten Her Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Kayceenaz(m): 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2019
I paused for a minute, trying so hard to fathom why a young boy or girl could possibly delight in inventively turning medicinal substances to ones for leisure. "Don't they feel vomitous and dread drugs like some people do?" "Has this helpful blood-enchriching liquid also been converted to a means of leaving consciousness behind?" Few days ago, I came across a post on social media, alarming parents of the fresh trend wherein blood tonic is consumed by youngsters in large quantities for quickly reaching their peak, unfortunately in "highness." I marvel at that counterproductive ingenuity to this day. At one point or another, you may have been as perplexed as I was, wondering what is going on.

Among many vices assaulting a good number of youths today, it seems drug abuse has positioned its chair, confidently sitting down with crossed legs unready to depart soon. The relentless pursuit of an unusual but unhealthy ecstatic mental state by tomorrow's leaders makes it feel at home. One of the high-ranking justifications for involvement in drug abuse is that the doors of creativity are unlocked through its keys. Musicians, academics, writers, dancers, artistes, etcetera, get cited. Creativity shares no necessary link with drug abuse! The possibility of upsetting the brain and having body organs insidiously damaged remain high after or without achieving your goal.

Well, the lives of Cobhams Asuquo, Wole Soyinka, Mark Zuckerberg, Chimamanda Adichie, Kaffy, and Michel Angelo shed light on creativity as a product of research, deep reflections, risk-taking, consistent practice, and an undying desire to stand out. Neither gulping codeine nor blood tonic is needed to do these. Take a cue and enjoy the fruits of creativity in that area. Such enlightenment prepares you or your child/ward to dismiss those seemingly strong arguments for drugs overdose or taking a sip of those concoctions with a wave of the hand. Although drug abuse festers, doing nothing is as deadly.

©Kaycee Naze,
Concerned Youth.

2 Likes

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by donbachi(m): 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2019
Ten years time...nigeria may record the highest number of impotent men,kidney and liver related illnesses...due to drug abuse by some youths.

16 Likes

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by DonBenny77(m): 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2019
Blood tonic follow?

3 Likes

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Kayceenaz(m): 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
donbachi:
Ten years time...nigeria may record the highest number of impotent men,kidney and liver related illnesses...due to drug abuse by some youths.
It is just frightening. The blood tonic episode is the climax. That's why we must start disinclining those entangled and yet to be to drug abuse through enlightenment. Misunderstanding often fuels engagement.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Kayceenaz(m): 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
DonBenny77:
Blood tonic follow?
My brother, yes. I'm as shocked as you.
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Kayceenaz(m): 12:35am On Jul 30, 2019
CC:Lalasticlala, front page material.
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Jaynom(m): 9:56am On Jul 30, 2019
Drug addiction. Crime. Anarchy. E.t.c these are all SYMPTOMS OF A BIGGER PROBLEM! Most Nigerians are on survival mode. Any bad/failing economy will birth social vices!

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by meobizy(f): 9:56am On Jul 30, 2019
Let me book this space here.

From now till tomorrow I will say this is a Northern Nigerian problem and not a national one. I don’t see what people enjoy from taking unnatural substances for a high. This reminds me of a man I once knew who ingested horse tranquilizers for a buzz and slept for three straight days.

Smoke your weed, drink from your green and brown bottles, drink those clear strong drinks but the most healthy (and boring) alternative is keeping off everything as a whole.

7 Likes

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Chanchit: 9:57am On Jul 30, 2019
I still find it hard to imagine why people violate their system with harmful substances. Na so dem say marijuana is good for the body. One guy weh go smoke am, him memory don delete now, he does not even recognize his friends again. And some people na long throat dey cause their own.

4 Likes

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by CrestMan: 9:57am On Jul 30, 2019
How can one find succour in what will eventually DESTROY him? undecided
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 30, 2019
Many of these boys when dey smoke cocaine are also using it as a means to tie girls down to themselves while destroying the girls life in the process.

Normally if you date fine girl and you nor get money, she is likely to leave you if your situation nor change. But you can turn her to your slave if you teach her how to take cocaine.

Don't show her where they sell it just be her supplier. You done tie her be that. A lot of lives has been destroyed and still destroying as i write this.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Kingluqman(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2019
Blood tonic... How?

Dem dey fry am or what grin
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by anonimi: 9:59am On Jul 30, 2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by captianfreeman(m): 10:00am On Jul 30, 2019
It is a sorry situation.

1 Like

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by AbuuBilaal(m): 10:00am On Jul 30, 2019
Unfortunately, your yeyebrities continue to valorise the poison and beautify it for the innocent and naive teenagers.

2 Likes

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Ytea(f): 10:00am On Jul 30, 2019
They keep finding new sources of highness.. Blood tonic again?? Shey they'll ban it like Tramadol now ni or what.

Why do people crave to get high? An honest question. Apart from the "forgetting one's problems" blabla, what else is in for them?
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Pascopele: 10:01am On Jul 30, 2019
grin grin
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by oluwamaich(m): 10:02am On Jul 30, 2019
The only people who can help in correcting this menace are the one promoting it the most.

#NigerianArtistes in music industry.

Ad every young dude wanna become Olamide or Wizkid, they believe getting high on drug is one of the protocols

3 Likes

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by meobizy(f): 10:04am On Jul 30, 2019
anonimi:

For a serious topic like this

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6424196_6424099screenshot201709121443291jpeg72de4603111f54f1b90ca2f80146480b_jpegb32a084b230e541e830b83f27246e080
Before, nko? The thing needs a read through before composing a comment.
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by hucknall: 10:06am On Jul 30, 2019
Vb
Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by nolyyy(m): 10:06am On Jul 30, 2019
Those in Aba will tell u more about LACA-TOMTOM... My fellow youths have gone overboard...

1 Like

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by DirtyGold: 10:07am On Jul 30, 2019
These developments are by-products of the nature of society we have today. Most kids are now raised in homes houses where father and mother are guests... leave early in the morning and return late at night! Parents are now mere financiers of the kids while the kids raise themselves with the internet, friends and school. Lack of proper bonding often leaves a void that is easily filled relieved by the use of drugs. You can imagine the kind of kids that'll be raised in the future lipsrsealed undecided

You cannot treat a disease by window dressing the symptoms.. just like you can't eradicate corruption without providing the people a proper living wage.

What's tha business?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by one1clien(m): 10:07am On Jul 30, 2019
thank you Kaycee. nice write up

currently building website/blogs for 5k.see my signature

1 Like

Re: Youths Finding Succour In Drugs: The Puzzle Continues by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 30, 2019
Guys now serve Indian hemp soaked in bunto blood tonic at get together
The name na educated way
It's refreshing sha.....i took small
I sleep well well ans was full of happiness

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Price Of Shea Butter Per KG! / Kogi Staff Screening : Staff Of College Of Health Science And Technology Protest / Jos University Teaching Hospital Blocked By Protesting Health Workers - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.