Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians (1686 Views)

Ortom: Buhari Is Working With Fulani To Take Over Nigeria (Video, Graphic Pics) / Berom Leaders: Help Retrieve Our 55 Villages From Fulani Herdsmen / Gani Adams: Yoruba Colluding With Fulani To Attack South-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by MetaPhysical: 5:39am On Jul 29, 2019
According to him, Governor Samuel Ortom brought out a letter written by the ethnic group which he allegedly received in December 2017, with the Fulani allegedly saying they were coming because the state made a law to control open grazing.

"They came on January 1 and now they had written another letter to say they were coming back," Akintoye explained.

He added, "The letter says, ‘Mr. Governor, people of Benue State, we see that you are mourning, doing mass burial and so on, but what is happening to you now is a little thing compared to the bigger ones that are coming, and the problem your people have with us in Benue State is that all those Tivs and so on people believe that the land they have lived for thousands of years is their land, it is not their land, it belongs to us Fulani. And we are not talking of Benue State alone, we are talking of all the peoples of Nigeria and we will take the land, no matter what they do.

"We have accumulated weapons and monies for the war, we have asked the Fulani living in the rest of West Africa to come and join us to take our land from the people of Nigeria and we are ready to fight this war for years and years to come and if you think your federal government can help you, you are deceiving yourselves’. So, that is what is happening. It is not we who are putting war into their mouth. Some people say we should not talk like that; that we are stigmatising the Fulani. We are not stigmatising, we are just repeating what we heard from them."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/07/27/fulani-waging-war-against-nigerians-drive-people-away-their-lands-%E2%80%94prof-banji-akintoye
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Abdul05: 5:50am On Jul 29, 2019
Empty threat..that could not be effected.Noisy pressure groups as follow,.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by EricBloodAxe: 6:09am On Jul 29, 2019
I only pity the people from the SW like the one above. Ilorin should be a history lesson that resonates in their minds but heck they tend to forget that particular historical event and how it almost totally shaped their cultural way of life.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by sathel(m): 6:10am On Jul 29, 2019
We need to fight this people first before even fighting corruption..bastard lawon people yii
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by backnbeta(f): 6:17am On Jul 29, 2019
EricBloodAxe:
I only pity the people from the SW like the one above. Ilorin should be a history lesson that resonates in their minds but heck they tend to forget that particular historical event and how it almost totally shaped their cultural way of life.
If the letter is genuine, then you should pity yourself, not just the South West...unless of course you're a Fulani man! The war is not with the South West, it's a war against the real Nigerians! We must join hands and resist them before they dislodge us.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by MetaPhysical: 6:28am On Jul 29, 2019
No community can defend itself against the Fulanis if they want to fight. It is known sociologically and historically; nobody can fight them if they want to fight. They are in the millions in West Africa and they can always mobilise themselves to defend their people anywhere in West Africa.
- Prof. Ango Abdullahi
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by daddyzgel01(f): 6:49am On Jul 29, 2019
this is serious
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by helinues: 6:50am On Jul 29, 2019
Ortom seems to be benefitting from this herdsmen conflicts .. How can a governor be this clueless?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by oyin44: 6:52am On Jul 29, 2019
Abdul05:
Empty threat..that could not be effected.
where are the Fulani forces? Rabble of noisy every where and there.let them come we're waiting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Astark: 6:54am On Jul 29, 2019
Kill one Benin person, 10 Fulani heads will followed.

Kill 5 Benin person, 50 Fulani heads will follow.

We once stopped you from coming southwards, we'll do it again
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:
No community can defend itself against the Fulanis if they want to fight. It is known sociologically and historically; nobody can fight them if they want to fight. They are in the millions in West Africa and they can always mobilise themselves to defend their people anywhere in West Africa.
- Prof. Ango Abdullahi
Mali?
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Rekhina(f): 6:58am On Jul 29, 2019
Abdul05:
Empty threat..that could not be effected.
Says a yoruba who needs quantom Diplomacy to fight secondary boy(fulani) who snatched his wife! Pls NEXT

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Rekhina(f): 7:00am On Jul 29, 2019
EricBloodAxe:
In his mind when tinubu wins 2023 everything will be fine ...
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Rekhina(f): 7:03am On Jul 29, 2019
Astark:
Kill one Benin person, 10 Fulani heads will followed.

Kill 5 Benin person, 50 Fulani heads will follow.

We once stopped you from coming southwards, we'll do it again
OBA otenpaayee!!!

How do you see allaignance with yorubas ? Whats your opinion please
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Astark: 7:13am On Jul 29, 2019
Rekhina:
OBA otenpaayee!!!

never. Throughout our history fighting wars, we've never depended on anybody or tribe and it won't start now.
The Yoruba's have their own agenda, fighting Fulani invaders isn't one of them.

Don't let their social media noise decieve you

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Perkins2018: 7:21am On Jul 29, 2019
Rekhina:
OBA otenpaayee!!!

You woke up with this foolishness again today keep wasting away your life. Yoruba is your problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by nabiz(m): 7:21am On Jul 29, 2019
It is a pity the south is very stupid. How many fulani do we have in this country. Just intelligent trategy can wipe the out in this country without a blood shed. Just that we value human life and Christianity has softened our heart
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Perkins2018: 7:23am On Jul 29, 2019
Astark:
never. Throughout our history fighting wars, we've never depended on anybody or tribe and it won't start now.

Yet Fulani have been killing your people with reckless abandon. Keep Yoruba out of your mouth boy.
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Astark: 7:37am On Jul 29, 2019
Perkins2018:

Yet Fulani have been killing your people with reckless abandon. Keep Yoruba out of your mouth boy.
yeah, I agree Fulani kill our people in some remote villages, we also went into the villages forests, track those Fulani's and kill them. I'm one of those people.

What steps have Yoruba's taken to stop the Fulani menace? The Edo has set up their own in vigilante and we have partner with Google to use their satellite picture in tracking them down.

Fulani are even the in vigilante in Yoruba land grin. They killed a paramout Yoruba elder daughter and Yoruba's did nothing.

Well its not our business
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 29, 2019
Its things like this that make reasonable people ask if we have a president..

1,2,3 - Ipob was prescribed..
1,2,3 - Shittes was proscribed..
1,2,3,4,5,6.. etc, nothing has been done to the killer herdsmen.
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Perkins2018: 7:44am On Jul 29, 2019
Astark:
yeah, I agree Fulani kill our people in some remote villages, we also went into the villages forests, track those Fulani's and kill them. I'm one of those people.

What steps have Yoruba's taken to stop the Fulani menace? The Edo has set up their own in vigilante and we have partner with Google to use their satellite picture in tracking them down.

Fulani are even the in vigilante in Yoruba land grin. They killed a paramout Yoruba elder daughter and Yoruba's did nothing.

Well its not our business
Good thing you know it’s non of your business. Now run along.
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Lovelive: 7:46am On Jul 29, 2019
God, have mercy.
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Rekhina(f): 7:50am On Jul 29, 2019
Astark:

Oh i love honourable men of valour!

I read about "Great Oba Ovaremhen of bini kingdom" when i was in Primary3 because my grandmum is a historian ,believe me! His story is so valient and honour packed!
My nightmare lastnight was one of the most gruesome war seen ever ...i implore you guys to increase the sensitivity and braveness in you ...Sabotage should be taken seriously at all time ...am an executive in MB and south coalition in diaspora also an ipob
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Rekhina(f): 7:57am On Jul 29, 2019
Perkins2018:

You woke up with this foolishness again today keep wasting away your life. Yoruba is your problem.
Open your eyes perkins !
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Perkins2018: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2019
Rekhina:
Open your eyes perkins !

Please check into a rehab. You are a raving lunatic.
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by Rekhina(f): 8:00am On Jul 29, 2019
Perkins2018:

Please check into a rehab. You are a raving lunatic.
Am doing the job i was paid for ,No hard feeling ok cheesy

Allah safeguard you kiss
Re: An Open Letter From Fulani To Nigerians by mrvitalis(m): 8:33am On Jul 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:
- Prof. Ango Abdullahi

Ask DSS what happened in Aba

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Enugu Speaker's Christmas Gift Rejected By His Own Community / Meaning Of 2nd Eleven / COVID-19: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu, Announces N50m To Fight Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.